Reckamonic's Ocarina of Time Mafia..OVER! Was Hyrule saved?

Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Mafuyu »

zwetschenwasser wrote:
Unvote; Vote: ythan
for scummy attempts to distance himself from the chesskid wagon

...seriously? Zwet, it has been a good dozen pages, but you should listen to context once in a while.
Guh. The words.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Why was Chesskid not nod killed for quoting a mod PM?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:17 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

chesskid3 wrote:
Reckamonic wrote:
Oh, my dear, sweet Princess Ruto... Where has she gone? I'm so worried...

Welcome to Ocarina of Time Mafia,
Chesskid3
. You are
King Zora
. You are the ruler of the Zoras, and as such, the encroaching evil in Hyrule is a personal issue for you. As leader of the Zoras, you feel responsible to help drive the evil from the land...even if it comes at a personal cost to you.

Race:
Aquatic Zora
Faction:
Hero

You are a
One-Shot Double Suicide Bombing Vanillaizer
. You have the following special abilities:

Passive Abilities:

None

Active Abilities:

Call of the Zora
- Being the King of the Zoras, you realize that you may be called upon to fulfill a great sacrifice. Any night during the game, you may choose to use this ability. You will die, but you may pick two targets to completely vanillaize for the rest of the game.

Please remember that you can use only one active ability per phase.

Win Condition (Hero):
You win when all threats have been eliminated and the land of Hyrule is safe once again.

Please confirm via return PM.

The topic is here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 53&start=0
See no flavor. Kiss my ass
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:23 pm

Post by Ythan »

The rules allow it. It's been discussed.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by Chronopie »

@LLD:
19)
Mod and PM quoting
:
You can post your role PM if it amuses you
, but quoting any other communication with me is forbidden.
--

This has really been a 0 information day so far. ITT so far: Chesskid sucks, and his role is anti-town, that is all. (fyi: I'm already voting him)
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:32 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Lol. The fact that only a few people on this wagon actually expect me to flip scum says oodles about the idiocy of the town in this game.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
BrookylnConstruction
BrookylnConstruction
Goon
BrookylnConstruction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:01 am

Post by BrookylnConstruction »

We need some activity up in har!!
BrookylnConstruction
BrookylnConstruction
Goon
BrookylnConstruction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:12 am

Chronopie wrote:@LLD:
19)
Mod and PM quoting
:
You can post your role PM if it amuses you
, but quoting any other communication with me is forbidden.
--

This has really been a 0 information day so far. ITT so far: Chesskid sucks, and his role is anti-town, that is all. (fyi: I'm already voting him)
Three players have claimed/softclaimed. You don't have any reads based on reactions, discussion, etc? How are you being protown in the least bit? Top 3 scum leads. Go.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Exilon »

EHAT THE HELL WTF IS THIS NO SRSLY HOW THE HELL DOES THIS GET OVER 15 PAGES IN 8 HOURS
HOW
PLEASE HOLD.
Feels like I've been here before.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:35 am

Post by Kdub »

Ugh, 16 pages to catch up on. My initial reaction is that the King Zora claim and associated flavor seems unlikely given the claimed ability. Been a while since I played OoT, but I don't recall King Zora ever being associated with any sort of sacrifice. I'll post more when I've read everything that's happened since page 12.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Dekes »

Sheesh...so much information to work through. Just a few points here.
Regarding chess' claim:
chesskid3 wrote:You are a
One-Shot Double Suicide Bombing Vanillaizer
Am I crazy here or wouldn't it be far more logical if it were "One-Shot Suicide Bombing Double" rather than "One-Shot Double Suicide Bombing"? If I'm totally off here, please disregard any of this but I'd think the mods would be more careful with their role pm's than a made-up fakeclaim by chess.
And since when can a bombing role choose their targets. Isn't bomb usually (if not always) targeting their lyncher/targeter?
A lot of that claim doesn't add up.
chesskid3 wrote:"empty threats and desperate pleas". Not true at all, but it creates an easy way for him to not have any suspicion from joining this wagon as scum, after my flip.
There, there and there you go.
Btw, while I'm in your (133-post long) Iso, why the hell would scum wanna roleblock you?

Chess, if you are suspicious of Chrono, UT, Ythan and me why is your vote still on LL? I know, it would probably won't have much of an impact on today's lynch but if you were town it would at least show your comittment and that you're still willing to scumhunt.
Fate wrote:NO CAPS 4 U. CURRENT NON-OFFICIAL ALLIANCE IS:
YTHAN
FATE
BE
DTM
Hope this is just a caps lawk-alliance (though I wouldn't approve of that either). Last time I saw an unofficial alliance formed scum slipped into it and it had great impact on the scum win in the end. Iirc you even modded that game.
Granted though, it's far more dangerous in a mini game. Still something that caught my attention.

- Interesting to see, Cupcake was targeted shortly after they claimed being able to help BE die.

- Another interesting note: Le Cupcake's vote is still their page 5 vote on JaBOC (where the hell is he, btw?). They've not done any real scumhunting in the last 23 pages although they've been active throughout. 90% of their posts in that time span was bickering with BE.

- Don't like Gandalf/Shotty's and evilpacman's sneaking onto the wagon between all of the bickering.

@Le Cupcake
Who are your top scum picks and why? Are you still content with your vote on JaBOC? Katsuki, do you agree or disagree with your other head's opinion about chess?

Now, let the catch-up posts coming and then get some rope for chess.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:53 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Ok well this will probably be my last content post, based on current progression.

I'm a slow starter in games, especially online. I take awhile to get reads, and until I do I am usually just noise (see Lost S1 if you want). That doesn't mean I am a VI - in fact I chose scum on D1 and he got vigged n1 as a result, and I found scum on D2 as well, though failtown lynched the Beloved Princess's guard.

For me, mafia is a game of deceit and cunning, where you have to analyze arguments to figure out who is only faking suspects because they actually already know who the scum are, and how pairs of players interact.

That's mafia for me. When I end up playing with people like Ythan who turn it into a constant series of ad hominum attacks, it ceases to be enjoyable. And yes, I do sink to that level, but that doesn't mean that's the only level I can play at.

Scummy vibes from all the people on this list. IMO most of the scum will be here.
Chronopie
Dekes
Gandalf
jmj3000
Untod
mothrax

I'd explain, but I'd just get buried under piles of attacks from anyone I just FoSed, along with other random people for OMGUSing everyone who is voting for me. This is not true at all. Some of the votes on me I read as town/can't read at all because posting in ALLCAPS NOCONTENT is not my specialty.

So, there's my FOSes. Peace.
I will respond to civil inquiries.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
BrookylnConstruction
BrookylnConstruction
Goon
BrookylnConstruction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:58 am

chesskid3 wrote:Ok well this will probably be my last content post, based on current progression.

I'm a slow starter in games, especially online. I take awhile to get reads, and until I do I am usually just noise (see Lost S1 if you want). That doesn't mean I am a VI - in fact I chose scum on D1 and he got vigged n1 as a result, and I found scum on D2 as well, though failtown lynched the Beloved Princess's guard.

Please, don't try to take credit for Dram's read and night kill.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:00 am

Post by chesskid3 »

That was my D1 read. You don't lynch a claimed doc on d1, but if he wasn't dead I was voting him first thing D2.
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:10 am

Post by Le Cupcake »

I thought our vote was already on chesskid... This head also supports the lynch of chesskid.

As for JABOC,
I
still think he is scum. However, many people seemed perfectly content to call my early posts fluff. Most of my reasoning is there.
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Le Cupcake »

@BE: 3 players have claimed/soft-claimed?... I know chesskid and mafuyu did... who was the third?

p.s. I claimed nothing.
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:18 am

Post by DTMaster »

Holy crap this thread doubled over 2 days. Catching up now.
BrookylnConstruction
BrookylnConstruction
Goon
BrookylnConstruction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:36 am

Zwet claimed.
GandalfIzSik
GandalfIzSik
Goon
GandalfIzSik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:57 am

Post by GandalfIzSik »

OH. MY. FUCK. I know what I'm doing during my English class tonight. Seriously, thirty pages? Can't possibly read this now, be back tonight.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

chesskid3 wrote:I'd explain, but I'd just get buried under piles of attacks from anyone I just FoSed, along with other random people for OMGUSing everyone who is voting for me. This is not true at all. Some of the votes on me I read as town/can't read at all because posting in ALLCAPS NOCONTENT is not my specialty.
Translation: I'd explain my reads, but they're not based on anything.

I mean, you could at least ATTEMPT good play at some point in this game.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:05 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Honestly I don't think it matters at this point, at L-2 with 2 people saying they are willing to vote me. I have better things to do with my time - those are FoSes for post-flip.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:10 am

Post by DTMaster »

I want to say this before I finish my catch up: I'm on page 16-17

7. Whoa wut. Suicidal One Shot Double Vanillaizer? Explain plz.

Edit 1: Oh you die when you vanillize people... OMG WUT WE CAN CONFIRM YOU AND NOT WASTE A VIG NOR A LYNCH?! AND YOU'RE A NOISE GENERATOR!! OMG OMG THIS IS AWESME. CHESS LYNCH DOES NOT GO THROUGH.

Gais
I volunteer to be vanillized. If Chess vanillizes people tonight he dies. This effectively means all "vigs" get a shot elsewhere, and the lynch also works elsewhere.
In terms of pure statistical play, I'm willing to be a VT to give us a better statstical advantage in terms of town controlled kills today versus potential scum derived kills. If Chess lies and I'm vanillized the town wouldn't have lost an important role. We can confirm Chess elsewhere, mornic or not, and we should. It's confirmation through blood.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:14 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Well I tried to say that a long time ago, but I kept getting spammed out.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

chesskid3 wrote:Honestly I don't think it matters at this point, at L-2 with 2 people saying they are willing to vote me. I have better things to do with my time - those are FoSes for post-flip.
if you're actually town, then if you want your reads to carry any weight you should explain them. hurr durr.
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Le Cupcake »

I would be fine with being a vanillarize target, unless someone else needs it.

The only thing I had originally worried about with suggesting plan was if chesskid did not go along with it. Back around pg14 he wasn't exactly being all the most rational.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”