Posting in twilight - what is the default rule?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

If the Mod doesn't say anything about it in the rules, is it permissible to post in twilight?

Yes!
84%
No!
16%

Total votes: 56

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:17 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

(shrug) I don't see any problem with twilight discussions. The less "Dead time" any mafia game has, the more active people will tend to be and the more interesting the game will be. Any kind of posting that is allowed can be used stratigically. There are also some interesting scum tells that I've noticed in some people's twilight posting habits.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mr. Flay wrote:I do NOT agree that twilight allows mafia to begin their conversation, especially when the mod allows twilight conversation. Scum who can converse in realtime while the 'town' is still discussing what just happened is an advantage that is not intended, in my opinion.

I agree with Dourgrim and Stoofer.. :evil: I suppose now we need to ask jeep to implement some sort of PM-freeze for when a player's thread is open. :roll: And here I thought we worked on the honor system with regard to night/external conversation.
Um, we do work on the honor system; obveously, we have to, because there's really no other way to prevent intentional cheating, except the fact that it would ruin the game for everyone else playing it.

No one is trying to cheat here; we're trying to clarify the rules, as there seems to be some disagreements/misunderstandings there.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:24 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, that's what I always though too. I suppose it wouldn't be hard to clear that up, though...just put into your rules: "Night starts when the mod says night starts".

On another question, we do have some people who have played in a lot of games on a different site (FBG'S) where mafia talking during the day is allowed. I'm curious...how does this change mafia stratagy? DOes this change the balance of the game at all?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:22 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

(shrug) Well, perhaps, but I don't really like the idea of a game win/loss being determined by "is a townie on the bandwagon going to log on before the last scum does" questions anyway.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:06 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah...I don't have a problem with that either. The way I've always seen it, everyone is alive until the Mod shows up and says "Person X has been lynched, it is night" and locks up the thread. Hey, every condemmed prisoner is entitled to his last words, right?

In fact, this thread is the first time I've ever heard anyone suggest that people shouldn't post during twilight, unless a mod has a specific rule about it, and most mods don't.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah...I don't have a problem with that either. The way I've always seen it, everyone is alive until the Mod shows up and says "Person X has been lynched, it is night" and locks up the thread. Hey, every condemmed prisoner is entitled to his last words, right?

In fact, this thread is the first time I've ever heard anyone suggest that people shouldn't post during twilight, unless a mod has a specific rule about it, and most mods don't.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #57 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:25 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Norinel wrote:
There
is
new information revealed during twilight: who gets lynched. The lynchee knows any information they don't post will be taken to the grave, and thus has basically no reason not to reveal it. (If you think the lynchee deserves last words, let the players or the rules give him that opportunity, not how everyone's schedules line up.) And some players aren't going to have little time, they will have no time, and which ones will and which ones won't is entirely a consequence of factors that should, IMO, have minimal bearing on the game, if not none whatsoever.

But that argument could go the other way, as well; what if player X would say something before he gets lynched, but can't get on for a few days and when he does get on, he finds out he was lynched?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:02 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

BrianMcQueso wrote: As for posting during twilight, I'm fairly against it. There has been more than one instance where a mafioso
thought
they had been lynched but were still one short. They confessed to being scum, which managed to convince other members of the town who were still on the ropes.
Heh...well, yeah, you've got to watch out for that. Also, never, ever gloat until AFTER the mod declares you the winner. ;)

Still, I don't think that hurts the game; IMHO anything that makes people more paranoid and give people more chances to make mistakes or to set evil little traps improves the game.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”