Reckamonic's Ocarina of Time Mafia..OVER! Was Hyrule saved?

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by DTMaster »

1. "facepalm" [quote=JabLoC"]You're the first person to actually ask, so I don't understand the usage of "again." My vote was supposed to have attention called to it for not being a random vote and thus creating discussion that actually has meaning.
[/quote]
Jmj, do read again, the answer to said question is listed above in the quotes. The motivation behind
drawing attention to one self to determine the scum wagon isn't something a scum player would like to do over day 1
. It's written there in gold with reaction/action play.

2. Lady Lam, can you link the game for that self meta? It's suppper stretching the argument when you apply that meta to another person. And the concept of defensiveness is slightly weak since there are multiple reasons for one's defensiveness.

In this case since almost all the attacks are on Jabloc over his cupcake attacks, he's clearly the only one defending from that. It's a biased argument, perpetuated by the Jabloc attacks.

Persona A attacks B. B defends. Person C states B is overly defensive. C attacks B. B tries to defend off attacker A and B in this argument. Then it snowballs into awfulness.

3. Zwet is crazy Ythan. Worrying about miller cpr claims before he can prove it is suspicious. If Zwet is even serious there will be extra kills or lack of them (weak since there are multiple reasons for those), and if he's a miller he's a good sanity check for cops. If he's scum we'll see that.

When I read your post: the subtext reads as "get rid of the claimed extra killer".

4. Chesskid is a good kill target. I'd totally daykill that guy for the case of: contributing thin air to the wagon.

5. Mothrax is off. Something about that post reads: bandwagon hopping. Which I think is fine this early in the game, but the reasons are off.

Edit Hm something about insults/ad hom attacks reminds me of the point I made earlier.
6. Fate OMGUS, lets be OMGUS buddies and cross vote!

Unvote. Vote Fate

7. Zwet is still a very good kill target. Less noise, but then I wouldn't be able to see his avatar giggle when he types "giggles". /creepy moment.

Unvote, Vote Ythan
My brain is there. Brain says go.

8. Holy crap monies. That's expensive.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Your mother is a good kill target.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Then she'd be dead and I'd be sad :<. "cries in his corner"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Oh, good point.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Ythan »

DTMaster wrote:Worrying about miller cpr claims before he can prove it is suspicious.
Explain how anything that I did is actually suspicious under this accusation, if it goes beyond "get rid of the claimed extra killer".
5. Mothrax is off. Something about that post reads: bandwagon hopping. Which I think is fine this early in the game, but the reasons are off.
That post? The first one, right?
Edit Hm something about insults/ad hom attacks reminds me of the point I made earlier.
It looks like you consider yourself to have made five points before this. Which one are you referring to?
6. Fate OMGUS,
This wouldn't even make sense if you were one of those people who doesn't know what OMGUS is. You made no reference to him before his vote.
7. Zwet is still a very good kill target. Less noise, but then I wouldn't be able to see his avatar giggle when he types "giggles". /creepy moment.
I'll wait while you explain this without contradicting anything else you've said.
chesskid3 wrote:Your mother is a good kill target.
You actually are a good kill target though. I can rehash if you want.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

"giggle"
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm a bad killtarget.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Ythan »

chesskid3 wrote:I'm a bad killtarget.
Oh well when you put it that way.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Ythan »

DTMaster wrote:
drawing attention to one self to determine the scum wagon isn't something a scum player would like to do over day 1
Then I guess that's something scum would never do. So if someone does it they must be town. And scum would never do something to appear town. We're on the same page now. :P
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by DTMaster »

1. Ythan I refer back to this post.
Zwet wrote:Miller CPR doc is a terribly suspicious claim. But it's just a claim in a crazy game and he hasn't done anything else suspicious. Except maybe claiming more than miller for no reason.
The claim it self, if it was true is verifiable. It's something to keep an eye on. I'm reading into the "terribly suspicious part.

2. In reference to Mothrax it's the post with his vote on JaLBoC. I'm mulling it over and a triple repeat of the same arguments sends alarm bells in my head as a place where scum can hide behind the popular wagon. The statement with ad homim/insults reminds me of the point I made to LL in response to the "over defensiveness" argument. Mothrax mentioned this in regards to his meta on you. It's a self note to see if the same argument applies here with the: "NO U ARE LYING" responses.

3. My vote with Fate is a joke response to his vote on me. We have mafiascum history of fun times in games, when we don't want to kill each other. That's off topic. I know what OMGUS is, and I'm not literally applying it here. I'm using the over used waterdown version here.

4. When zwet types "giggle" I picture his avatar giggling and it's creepy but lulzy. As a player, he's a good kill target just on gameplay meta alone since he posts minor one liners in most of his posts. It's hard to determine his towniness versus his scuminess. On history alone he generates a lot of noise to the thread, but it's not the best indicator for scuminess. He's best reserved to be shot, over lynched in terms of gameplay as you would shoot an anti-town player and lynch the scum read.

I'm not linking his role claim argument here if that's the contradiction you're talking about. There are points against and points for him, and that's good enough for me to keep an eye out for Zwets.

5. P-preview! It's a start. That delves into player's meta over scumminess/townieness with respect to how someone draws attention to themselves. Heck scum-Fate has less balls then town-Fate play interms of that, and it's more obvious now post game where Fate relinquished his leadership scum hunting style to Spyrex and won the game via double bus. And Fate was being tame.

The idea isn't farfetched. The whole: OMG YOUR LYING argument gets us no where since both sides settle on an absolute judgment.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Ythan »

DTMaster wrote:The claim it self, if it was true is verifiable.
Okay. And power-claiming at the start of day one under no pressure?
...It's a self note to see if the same argument applies here with the: "NO U ARE LYING" responses.
Sorry, I didn't catch the point in this section.
I'm using the over used waterdown version here.
Except that it's not even the watered down version, as I said before.
He's best reserved to be shot, over lynched in terms of gameplay as you would shoot an anti-town player and lynch the scum read.
Will you clarify, do you think he is the best vig target or just a better vig target than lynch?
5. P-preview! It's a start. That delves into player's meta over scumminess/townieness with respect to how someone draws attention to themselves. Heck scum-Fate has less balls then town-Fate play interms of that, and it's more obvious now post game where Fate relinquished his leadership scum hunting style to Spyrex and won the game via double bus. And Fate was being tame.

The idea isn't farfetched. The whole: OMG YOUR LYING argument gets us no where since both sides settle on an absolute judgment.
This is what I was saying. You made an absolute call on something that scum would
never never
do which is wrong.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by DTMaster »

1. It's been done before. Fate claimed Miller Beloved Princess as Miller Bullet Proof d1 before. Nikanor claimed Hider as Townie day 1 before, same with Spyrex as Weak cop. I've claimed day vig (as day vig scum before) D1. What's the issue again?

2. I didn't self note. It was broken down in my stream of consciousness. hence my fault over the confusion over yours.

3. Zwet right now is a better vig target then a lynch target. Chess is the best vig target at the moment and I'd shoot chess over Zwet right now.

4. I never said never, and using the work "isn't like a scum player" =/= never. However, this is a semantics argument, not a scum/theory argument. In my original post, "isn't link a scum player" is better substituted with "not likely" since it's more ambigious while giving a negative tone about the original vote reason. Like I said, that idea is better supported
through meta since it's a play style issue over a scum argument.
Self note, do Meta search the player.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I answered the question with a rhetorical question. D1 non-pressured claims are not scummy based on experience with players who did it before. It's associated with something they have to hide by placing a distraction out in the open. That reason may or may not be for townie reasons, but from experience people who question it were generally scum.

Case: Hacker did a Lynch all Miller claim on Fate and tunneled vision in that game here http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=14737
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Ythan »

Everything is in order then, no more questions.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Agreed. "sips on his glass of brandy, which is apple juice actually"

Unvote, Vote Diddin
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Why the hell am I best vig target? Because I don't feel like contributing at the moment?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Ythan »

Other players are contributing, and I don't think anyone wants to wait on you to get useful. So I'd start now.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Sure thing boss
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Still think he's jester. Like he's really going out of the way to not say anything relevant, at this point.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Of course I'm saying that with my vote on him...
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Ythan »

If that's sarcasm then I'm telling you this for your own good. You can disagree all you want but it's not going to keep you from getting viged.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

wow 2 games in a row people think I'm jester, with totally different d1 starts :P

Must be the name.

Anyway if you want to vig me, do it tomorrow - not today/tonight pl0x.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Ythan »

By the way, I gleaned two things that I can remember from talking to Reck before the game started. I'm going to text him to ask if I can share.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Ythan »

chesskid3 wrote:Anyway if you want to vig me, do it tomorrow - not today/tonight pl0x.
There's a fair chance that whatever you want to do tonight or tomorrow or tomorrow night is pro-scum.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ythan wrote:By the way, I gleaned two things that I can remember from talking to Reck before the game started. I'm going to text him to ask if I can share.
No

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”