jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:35 am

Post by jmurph3 »

...and this thread exploded with posts in the last 24 hours.

A more content-filled post to follow later today.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Ok, so having read over everything, including some walls of text that, for being 7 pages into D1, make my eyes bleed, I am inclined to say that at least one of Shotty vs. masfloovinev is scum. There is naturally potential that they're both scum, though I'm less inclined to believe it. On a pureply gut level, I think that mas is at this point more likely to be scum. His reactions seem a bit over the top to be purely town. Part of this comes simply from the fact that I know Shotty's playstyle better, but every time someone shuts down one of mas's arguments, he seems to get more and more agitated. The only motivation that I can see for this is cornered scum.
FoS: Masfloovinev

Why an FoS only, you say? Because I'm really intrigued by the interaction between q21 and Shotty. Look at the following quotes:
Shotty to the Body wrote:
q21 wrote:
masfloohinev wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:Haha guessing, fine. "DERP DERP NO EXPLANATION VOTE OMG SOMEONE QUESTIONED ME DEFENDING SCUM HERP LOLOLOL"

That pretty much sums it up yes?
Close, but not quite. I'll explain later. BTW, this post is scummy too.
Personally, I hate this "I'll explain later" crap. If you have a point, make it.
Shhh, he might get away with bullshitting a point later if you don't speak up!
(Mind you, this was following mas's random vote on q21, which Shotty noted and which started this whole thing. I'm not saying that I think Shotty's reaction was irrational
, but it is interesting that he focused on this one only)
Shotty to the Body wrote:q21 else already addressed this pretty well I thought.

----

I like my vote where it is, I agree with q21 here:
q21 wrote:1. This is not the USA. There are no amendments to protect you from anything. This is mafia and refusal to comment on a fairly significant wagon on yourself is scummy - especially since the above quote infers that any comment you could make would incriminate you. I'd quite like to know what that comment might have been.
2. Be honest. There was no RVS in there, it was all self-preservation.
3. Meh.
q21 tries to distance himself, but within the same post, fails to do so:
q21 wrote:In response to the bolded, try reading 71 more closely:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Now, normally I don't bother to read walls of text in the first 5 pages of a game (61, 63), since they're normally just filled with overthought, terrible reason that only hit scum by virtue of sheer luck,
but things stood out to me in these walls, so I read them through.

-snip-
The bolded here quite clearly states that he did read them. Now the question is: Are you careless enough that you didn't notice that, or are you scum trying to force some suspicion on the back of an incorrect reason? I'm not sure yet.

----

Well actually, the very fact that your vote was reasonless gives Shotty every right to ascribe to it whatever reason makes most sense to him. He can think what he likes and his thought isn't all that bad.
Both q21 and Shotty seem to be operating very closely. IGMEO(both of)Y. And my vote on Shotty stands for the moment.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:49 am

Post by jmurph3 »

q21 wrote:
jmurph3 wrote:Ok, so having read over everything, including some walls of text that, for being 7 pages into D1, make my eyes bleed, I am inclined to say that at least one of Shotty vs. masfloovinev is scum. There is naturally potential that they're both scum, though I'm less inclined to believe it. On a pureply gut level, I think that mas is at this point more likely to be scum. His reactions seem a bit over the top to be purely town. Part of this comes simply from the fact that I know Shotty's playstyle better, but every time someone shuts down one of mas's arguments, he seems to get more and more agitated. The only motivation that I can see for this is cornered scum.
FoS: Masfloovinev
I'd like to point out a direct contradiction at this point. Here you state that you feel that Mas is scummier than Shotty - despite the fact that you claim the reason is purely gut, you do actually give a half-decent reason for viewing Mas as scummier. My problem arises from the fact that you only FoS Mas and you leave your vote sitting right where it was: Shotty.
Here's the thing: Mas's playstyle is very reactionary at this point. If I switch my vote to him, OMG, he reacts in an angry fashion. There'd be no difference in his reaction than what he's done before and probably nothing that we would learn from it. So instead, I left my vote where it is because I think it's much more interesting to note the connection between you and Shotty, and something that I would prefer to explore more before I move my vote elsewhere, especially since my read on mas is a gut-read, and I don't typically hold much with my gut.
q21 wrote:
jmurph3 wrote: q21 tries to distance himself, but within the same post, fails to do so:
Please explain, I don't recall trying to distance from anything.
As for how closely Shotty and I are playing at this point - the possibility of Shotty buddying up has occurred to me, but I'm incline to believe that we're a pair of townies who have been linked by mas's reasonless vote on one and then an immediate jump to a reasonless vote on the other.
If you read the quote that I have immediately following, you would see that you speak against Shotty (in a flimsy sense) and then go on in the same post to parrot him again. That was what I meant by distancing.
q21 wrote:This time around Richard gets a pass based on the fact that self defense is perfectly reasonable from town on page 2, that leaves jmurph and Spyrex. Given this point and the contradiction pointed out at the top of this post I think I like my jmurph vote very much.
The problem that I have with this argument that you and some others are making is that you're assuming that the counterwagon must be a scumteam trying to protect one of their own. This to me does not have to be the case. I'm not denying the possibility, since I can only speak from my own perspective, but when I come into the game, about to make my first vote in RVS, and I see an L-2 wagon on page 2, I get a little nervous about that. At least two players (Spyrex and Nachomamma - might've been one more that I missed) hadn't posted yet either, and putting someone at L-1 on page 2 when opportunistic scum could easily end the day just seems silly to me. Instead, going after the prime player on the first wagon is a great way to gauge reactions. My point is that you're only looking at the counter-wagon as if it has scum motivations, and this seems a little short-sighted to me.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Hey all - Something has unexpectedly come up and I will thus be
V/LA until Monday the 11th
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:33 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Sorry I'm late, didn't see that the day had started!

At this point, I'd most be willing to go with the people on the wagon, since I have a better read on those. Of those, I'd be most willing to vote Spyrex. For, you know, the giggles. Off the wagon, the most likely scum to me is Mas, for a variety of not good play D1.

In the meantime, however, i need to reread the thread and work out some reads on those that I have sort of null-tells on at the moment.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:46 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Not sure what to make of CES vs. Casus Belli. I too don't understand how Casus Belli looks worse now that Richard flipped cop. Casus Belli came off to me as neutral on D1. Certainly not the scummiest person on the Richard wagon, and I think CES's jumping on him for so little (both during D1 and today) is suspicious.
FoS: CES

Also, I agree strongly with what SpyreX has to say about Shotty. If there's anyone who looks worse after the Richard flip (other than SpyreX), it's Shotty. VOTE: Shotty
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Shotty to the Body wrote:Spyre is at least partially genuine because I've seen him failtunnel before, what's your excuse Jmurph? You lurked through all of D1 and now you're voting me for what exactly? Please quote what you agree with from Spyre and why I look so bad after Richard's flip?
Firstly, here's what I agree with from Spyrex:
SpyreX wrote:If you need the classic "case that only will work after my flip" just remember him already pushing away from it via: "he isn't an asset even if he is town."
I'm noticing how quickly you've jumped on Spyre following the Richard flip. Given as you only focused on Richard during D1 - even when you mentioned suspicions of other players, it was always because of how they were interacting with Richard or in relation to Richard - I find it interesting the way you've approached Spyre thus far this game, and I don't mind voting for reactions' sake. What more do you want?

@CES: I guess the biggest problem I'm having with your logic toward Casus Belli is that I think you're throwing the comment of Casus Belli thinking Richard was very probably scum way out of proportion. To me, it's an innocuous comment that any one, town or otherwise, could make, and the fact that they were wrong doesn't mean that they're automatically scum because of it.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:12 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Jmurph, for posts like #184 and #197, where he calls SpyreX his top suspect and then proceeds to vote for his top suspect's top suspect.

Except that if you actually read post 184, that's not at all what I said. I said that at that moment,
of the people on the wagon
I'd be most willing to vote Spyrex - not, mind you, that he was my top suspect, as there is a difference. I also ended my post by saying,
jmurph3 wrote:In the meantime, however, i need to reread the thread and work out some reads on those that I have sort of null-tells on at the moment.
Why, guess what...I reread the thread and decided that I still didn't like the way Shotty was/is playing. So really nice job taking what I said completely out of context.
Casus Belli wrote:
jmurph3
, why did you wait until asked to give your reasoning for the shotty vote? What other reads do you have right now? Opinions on Spy's hammer?
I was doing it to gauge Shotty's reaction, which, since he barely reacted and then disappeared, kind of didn't work. Other reads: not sure how I feel about CES at the moment - I think the tunneling on you for almost no reason is scummy. I feel like a lot of people are severely lurking at this point, which makes it difficult to develop reads, as a lot of what I got from D1 is more null than anything. After all, voting people based purely on pretty much only saying anything about Richard would kill over half the town :?

As for Spy's hammer, I go back and forth. Mainly it's an argument full of WIFOM in my head - scum wouldn't be that stupid; but he would know that we would think that, so he's safe to do it; but scum really
wouldn't
be that stupid, etc. Circular argument, getting me nowhere. However, I do think that all credit for the hammer can't be given solely to Spy, and I think that not enough people have focused on Nachomamma, a fact that, ironically enough, he's pointed out himself. Either way, hopefully posting will pick up in the near future, though unfortunately, I may not be around immediately to see it as I am
V/LA until late Monday the 25th
. I should still be able to post in the meantime, but just in case.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:12 am

Post by jmurph3 »

@Mas: what part of, I reread the thread and changed my mind doesn't make sense to you? At the time when I wrote the first post, Spyrex stuck out in my mind purely because of the hammer. Once I took a step back and reread things, Shotty stuck out as much scummier. So I voted him.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Sooo I'm back. Sorry it's a day late, something came up. Either way, before I address the things addressed toward me, I'd like to note that my suspicions haven't changed at all. Shotty is my #1 suspect for scum at this point. I'm also liking the case on FakeGod, but need to do an ISO to verify a few things.

Anyway, as addressed to me:
SpyreX wrote:
Except that if you actually read post 184, that's not at all what I said. I said that at that moment, of the people on the wagon I'd be most willing to vote Spyrex - not, mind you, that he was my top suspect, as there is a difference. I also ended my post by saying,
In the meantime, however, i need to reread the thread and work out some reads on those that I have sort of null-tells on at the moment.
Why, guess what...I reread the thread and decided that I
still
didn't like the way Shotty was/is playing. So really nice job taking what I said completely out of context.
There be an issue rollin' around right har'.

You say you'd be most willing to vote me. Sure.
You say you need to work out those null-tells. Sure.
THEN you say you STILL don't like Shotty. Implying that he sure as hell wasn't a null tell.

Which makes point 1 not make a whole lot of sense.
Did you not pay attention to anything I said D1, where I pretty much focused on Shotty the entire time? My saying that I still don't like Shotty was a reference to D1, wherein I didn't like Shotty's play. After D1 was over, I was focused more on the hammer (i.e. Spyrex and, to some extent, Nacho), casting pretty much everyone else into the realm of nulltells. When I reread, I remembered how I felt and I realized that not much had changed on that front. So I voted him.
masfloohinev wrote:
jmurph3:

I'm thinking she's scum. Originally, I wasn't all convinced by q21's point against her, but after taking a closer look at her defense, I wish I had given her more attention. She originally said that she suspects me more because I got more agitated when my arguments were supposedly shut down which she said looked like cornered scum. However, later she keeps her vote on Shotty instead for something else. When questioned, I think jmurph realized she was caught in a contradiction, because she retracts her earlier point against me and now says:
jmurph wrote:So instead, I left my vote where it is because I think it's much more interesting to note the connection between you and Shotty, and something that I would prefer to explore more before I move my vote elsewhere, especially since
my read on mas is a gut-read, and I don't typically hold much with my gut.
The bolded part shows that jmurph has apparently forgotten the point she had against me. Before she had said she had a point against me that wasn't gut, but now she's saying she suspected me more than Shotty simply because of a gut feeling. Also, she says she doesn't hold much with her gut. If that's the case, why did she give me an FoS?
I didn't forget that I made a point against you. I did, however, note in the
same exact post that I first called you suspicious
state that my read on you was gut-based. There's no contradiction there. My thought that you were acting like cornered scum was because of a gut reaction to how you were acting. There is literally no contradiction there, just me reiterating what I had already said.
masfloohinev wrote:Later at the beginning of day 2 jmurph says this:
jmurph wrote:At this point, I'd most be willing to go with the people on the wagon, since I have a better read on those. Of those, I'd be most willing to vote Spyrex. For, you know, the giggles. Off the wagon, the most likely scum to me is Mas, for a variety of not good play D1.
Which contradicts her suspicion of me that was solely due to her gutfeeling which she also says she doesn't hold much with.
You're right that this contradicts what I said early about it being solely due to my gutfeeling. To be 100% honest, I'm not sure what my thought process was at this point, as my reread pretty much changed everything I was feeling when I wrote that post.
masfloohinev wrote:Lastly, her voteswitch from SpyreX to Shotty due to a reread. I thought it through, and even if she did reread the thread and change her mind, it was still a big jump to go from SpyreX to SpyreX's main suspect.
See above where I explained how this was based a lot on stuff that I myself said/felt during D1.

If I missed any points addressed to me, please point them out as need be.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:27 am

Post by jmurph3 »

@Mas: Because a FoS is my normal reaction when I see people acting as suspicious, but I'm not willing/not ready to vote them.

@Substrike: I think, based on the fact that my name moved from one set of brackets to another with Nacho saying that I had moved from scum to null, that they're his reads. The top set of brackets are scum, the middle are null, and the bottom are town. Nacho, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I'm getting out of it.

And oy vey there is a lack of posting up in this joint.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:19 am

Post by jmurph3 »

UNVOTE:

No point in having another lynch without the person being able to get a claim in, especially since shotty's V/LA until today.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:31 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Sorry I've been gone everyone. I kind of forgot about this game. And really nothing else has happened. At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to an FG lynch, especially given what he's said on the last page. At this point however, since he never came back and claimed, I'm going to VOTE: Shotty.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
jmurph wrote:Sorry I've been gone everyone. I kind of forgot about this game. And really nothing else has happened. At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to an FG lynch, especially given what he's said on the last page. At this point however, since he never came back and claimed, I'm going to VOTE: Shotty.
Funny how I missed this post before. I don't really see why this is a real reason to vote. I mean, it's not like he REFUSED to claim, he simply hasn't been online TO claim. So, why is being gone a scumtell as opposed to a nulltell, jmurph?
It's not a reason to vote in the first place as it is a reason to revote. I unvoted solely to give Shotty time to claim before someone hammered, to avoid what happened D1. When he didn't come back and claim, and with, then, at least, deadline approaching, I saw no reason not to put my vote back on Shotty.

Also, why does the fact that Shotty is being replaced merit unvoting him? Unless if the only reason why one is voting is voting for him is due to inactivity, I see no reason why a replacement makes the slot less scummy.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:41 am

Post by jmurph3 »

masfloohinev wrote: FakeGod and jmurph are scum. Last scum is either Casus Belli or Substrike.
LlamaFluff wrote:Also jmurph is probably scum, that is an itch that will only be cured with rope or a bullet.
Why? Would either of you care to make a case?

Oh, wait, Llama did...
LlamaFluff wrote:I need to run another check on jmurph who (obviously) has been my second pick since replacing in. On top of what scummier things jmurph has done, q21 dying makes a lot of sense from jmurph scum (yes NK speculation, but its amazing how often it helps in games now that meta steers away from looking at it).
Really? Like, REALLY? I don't speculate on NKs. I don't think it's helpful. Scum have a myriad of reasons for doing what they do. This isn't really something where I can make a defense for myself, since it's not something I did. If you'd like to actually make a case, I'd be more than happy to read it and respond to it.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:07 am

Post by jmurph3 »

LlamaFluff wrote:(note jmurph-CES are far and away best partner pick in the game, I hope that doesnt need explaining)
I'd like an explanation, please. Where do you see evidence of this?
LlamaFluff wrote:
jmurph3 wrote:Here's the thing: Mas's playstyle is very reactionary at this point. If I switch my vote to him, OMG, he reacts in an angry fashion. There'd be no difference in his reaction than what he's done before and probably nothing that we would learn from it. So instead, I left my vote where it is because I think it's much more interesting to note the connection between you and Shotty, and something that I would prefer to explore more before I move my vote elsewhere, especially since my read on mas is a gut-read, and I don't typically hold much with my gut.
This is horrible. Jmurph refuses to vote his top suspect, even if its on gut its his top suspect, because he thinks that he will overreact and nothing will be gained. I can see that thought to an extent, but the behavior that should match up with this fear is not present as well. Instead of putting pressure on an interaction and then asking some questions to a less wound up M, he decides to just ignore him. This does not match up with someone who has a top suspect, even if its a gut feeling, infact it being a gut feeling makes it even more likely that one would ask questions to see if the read is justified or not.
At this point, I'd most be willing to go with the people on the wagon, since I have a better read on those. Of those, I'd be most willing to vote Spyrex. For, you know, the giggles. Off the wagon, the most likely scum to me is Mas, for a variety of not good play D1.
Jumps hard on Spy for something that makes spy very likely to be town given his meta. Also look at him jump right back on M for who knows what. At this point he still says that M is scum despite never asking him a question and only seeming to really rail on him for "overreaction" which is still the biggest crap tell in the history of this site.
jmurph3 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Jmurph, for posts like #184 and #197, where he calls SpyreX his top suspect and then proceeds to vote for his top suspect's top suspect.

Except that if you actually read post 184, that's not at all what I said. I said that at that moment,
of the people on the wagon
I'd be most willing to vote Spyrex - not, mind you, that he was my top suspect, as there is a difference. I also ended my post by saying,
jmurph3 wrote:In the meantime, however, i need to reread the thread and work out some reads on those that I have sort of null-tells on at the moment.
Why, guess what...I reread the thread and decided that I still didn't like the way Shotty was/is playing. So really nice job taking what I said completely out of context.
Why, guess what... There still are issues with the way you set this all up. First you say on the wagon you would vote Spy, off the wagon M. You continue to say that Spy was not your top suspect, meaning that M should have been, yet again showing a lack of will to push a top pick in the least. There is one other very key thing though about your statement that makes me sure you are scum for this move.
Also, I agree strongly with what SpyreX has to say about Shotty. If there's anyone who looks worse after the Richard flip (other than SpyreX), it's Shotty
Right here you still say that Spy looks worse then Shotty, yet you decide to wagon shotty, backed on the read of someone who looks worse and is/was your original top pick for scum on a wagon (again where does M fall in all of this, is he town you are hoping to save for endgame mislynch?).

Also you have amazing double standards with stances towards Spy. You immediately start the day saying he looks bad for the wagon move, yet you say that Shotty is scum for jumping on Spy for his hammer. Were you looking a completely different set of tells for what Spy was scum before you (sorta) gave it up?
Wow. This is really your case? Ignoring that half of it comes off as OMGUS in regards to your slot, there are huge holes in this case. You're right, I made the choice not to put pressure on Mas, and it's mainly because of the way the game went after that. I was exploring a link that I thought I saw between q21 and Shotty (obviously not correct now), and that, to me, was more beneficial at that point than a vote on Mas, who, at that point, already had 4 votes on his wagon. Also, and again, I NEVER SAID MAS WAS MY TOP SUSPECT. Stop putting words in my mouth. I said that I was inclined to believe at that point that one of the shotty v. mas was scum, and that while my gut told me Mas was more apt to be scum, I preferred to investigate something I thought was more interesting and would be more helpful.

As far as the post I made about Spy and Mas, it was based purely off of what I was coming into D2 with, before I even did a reread and got my thoughts in order. I was first inclined to be harsher toward Spy because of his for the giggles hammer of Richard, but upon my reread, I decided that this wasn't a necessary tactic. He still looked bad following the flip, because he hammered without Richard claiming - though admittedly this was more Richard's fault than Spy's - but upon my reread, Shotty looked the worst. Hence the vote for him.

Forgive me if I'm completely wrong, but saying that you'd be most willing to vote someone at one certain moment in time does not A) mean that they're your top suspect and B) that you must always for the rest of eternity want to vote them.

Regarding Spy vs. Shotty, the thing about the way Shotty jumped on Spy made it very much seem like he was trying to shift blame for the wagon on to Spy. My note at the beginning of D2 was in regards to suspicion of Spy (and last time I checked, saying that I'm suspicious/at that moment would vote them =/= "jumping hard on them").

And I'm sorry, but the "picking wagons carefully" thing is BS. There was no "wagon" on Shotty - only Spy was voting at that point - and I don't see how voting Mas at that point would have been OMGUS since at that point he was voting shotty.

In fact, the only thing that you've posted thus far that I'm inclined to agree with is that Spy and Nacho share an alignment. I can actually see that, and this point, I think they're both town.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

@Nacho: regarding my vote on Shotty/Llama, you're correct. A lot of my case on Shotty is circumstantial and based on how I've known him to play in the past. I wanted to keep my vote on the slot because, in my opinion, a replacement does not negate any scummy feelings toward the slot. However, Llama has given me a much better feeling about the slot, even with his case against me :P As such, UNVOTE: . The slot's not completely free of my suspicions yet, but I think there are better cases to look into.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Also, can you give me your top three suspects with a short blurb on each?
Sure. I was going to make a read list shortly, anyway, so I might as well start with those I think are scum.

1. FakeGod. FakeGod's play on D2 has just been bad. I think a lot of what he has done has been anti-town. Questioning how many scum were and weren't on the Richard wagon is particularly helpful in hunting scum, and the whole question of trading PRs for scum and whatnot just seemed highly unproductive. It derailed actual scumhunting for several posts, and I still haven't seen FakeGod do anything positive today. This is my number one lynch prospect at the moment.

2. Substrike. Substrike's back-and-forth on FakeGod/Mas makes me think that he's busing at least one of them and trying to see which wagon he's better off being on without drawing attention to himself. Since I think FakeGod is scummier than Mas at this point, my guess is that he's busing FakeGod, especially looking at the way he got on the FakeGod wagon and then off it.
Substrike22 wrote:
FakeGod is my most comfortably scum right now:

Also, reading back on day one, flipping FakeGod will help give us reads on other people. A lot of people started talking about potential busing of FakeGod and such.

I also see this is as a not so subtle attempt to score town points by commenting on the recent lynch of a town power role in a town-manner. It's scummy.
Substrike22 wrote:VOTE: FakeGod

I'll go ahead and follow up my eariler post and cast the vote at this point.

Reck, do you think FakeGod is a better lynch than Mas right now? You have an entire post dedicated to scummy things that Mas has done, and yet your vote is on FakeGod; I read over your post outlining everything scummy about him, and it reaffirmed the suspicions I expressed on day 1.

I also agree with your sentiments about the wall of text. I think his case on FakeGod is particularly suspect, because it pulls out a fact that would've been made into a WIFOM argument either way and attempts to make it seem like a scum slip.

Actually.

UNVOTE: FakeGod
VOTE: Masfloohinev

Thoughts?
Substrike22 wrote:@ Fake, in response to your question last page, I like Nacho, he's one of my townest reads.

UNVOTE: Mas
VOTE: FakeGod

Fake you're active lurking. You pop in every so often, ask an irrelevant question, then go back to active lurking, except to come in and ask Shotty for a claim?
Substrike22 wrote:
masfloohinev wrote:
Unvote. Vote: FakeGod

I don't want to lynch somebody getting replaced, and FakeGod's the only alternative and the one I would prefer to see lynched anyway.
UNVOTE: FakeGod
VOTE: Masflooh

That's where my vote will stay. This is the scummiest post I've seen this game. Plus the whole shopping list of candidates five-six pages ago. Things are adding up to scum for Mas, more so than Fake at this point. In fact if Mas flips scum I doubt FakeGod is scum too, based on this post.
It seems like he's going with the wagon that's garnered the most votes as opposed to looking at who's scummiest. In addition, I feel like the way he's treating FakeGod is indicative of busing your partner without being willing to carry it through to a lynch, hence the jump off of FakeGod and noting that he's not going to go back.

3. Cogito Ergo Scum. I had a mostly nullread on CES D1 due to lack of posting, but since his posting has picked up, I'm really not liking a lot of what he has to say. He's tunneled on Casus Belli for most of the day, with a case that I pretty much disagree with, attacking them for no more than what others have done. In addition, he votes FakeGod for practically no reason. Not feeling his play right now.

Please note that I do not believe that this is our scumteam. I think it's probable that 2/3 are scum (at this point, I think FakeGod and Substrike would be the 2/3). Not sure who I think the 3rd scum would be, and I definitely need to do more ISOs and gauge interactions in order to best figure it out. In the meantime, however, VOTE: FakeGod
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

EBWOP: Should be
isn't
helpful. Thanks for pointing that out :wink:
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:25 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:jmurph, don't forget the question in 366.
Didn't mean to skip it, sorry.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Wait, what? I'd say that mas being your top suspect is a safe assumption. If not, then why wouldn't you mention your top suspect when making your first serious vote?
I think this is referring to my post where I FOSed Mas in D1? If so, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. I didn't make a vote at all in that post. I had voted Shotty during RVS, and my explanation in that post was that while I found Mas scummy, I wanted to keep my vote on Shotty...so I guess that while my gut made me lean toward Mas, my logic made me think Shotty was my top suspect? Does that make sense? Again, I'm not even sure if this is where you were going with this.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Unless if I'm completely missing something (I'm not too good at converting from GMT, TBH), we have about 2 hours until deadline. Is anyone going to hammer, or are we really going to have a no-lynch on D2?
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:42 am

Post by jmurph3 »

VOTE: Substrike

He was my second option, and I saw nothing from him that changed that.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Claim: VT

As per Reck's request, I'd like Reck to go next.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:43 am

Post by jmurph3 »

@Mas: Not sure. A JOAT can (potentially) do more than just protect, correct? So if his action was something other than protect, would we want to know what that action was? I'll be honest, I've not played with a JOAT before, so I'm not entirely sure how this typically works.

And I was reading what Reck was saying the same as you: I thought Reck wasn't going to claim who he protected at all. I'm still not entirely sure which he meant, and still not sure why he wouldn't share at all. I can absolutely see the idea of not revealing until everyone has claimed; that actually just makes sense to me. But as far as not revealing at all...that doesn't read as particularly pro-town to me.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:43 am

Post by jmurph3 »

UNVOTE: ,VOTE: Mas

That's good enough for me.

Though if Mas ends up flipping town-aligned, I suggest we take a closer look at CB. I find it a bit suspicious that there'd be a tracker, a cop, and a JOAT in the same game. Bit too investigative-heavy for me (or else Charlie's having a laugh over this :P )
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

@Spyrex: so you're more concerned about the JOAT claim than any of the other ones? Is there a particular reason why?
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:51 am

Post by jmurph3 »

UNVOTE: Mas for the moment.

I will be V/LA until Thursday the 18th
. I'm taking the GRE tomorrow, and last minute studying is kind of taking over my life. I unvoted to hopefully avoid a quick-lynch while we're still discussing things, since I think that narrowing things down the way we are now will be really helpful later on.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:12 am

Post by jmurph3 »

I see no reason not to. VOTE: CB

I am intrigued by Nacho's conviction that the hydras share the same alignment, but sadly he is not around to explain further. Definitely something to look into when CB flips scum.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

You're more inclined to vote for me than for the person who misled town into lynching a townie? 0.o Care to explain?
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #30) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Sorry, I wasn't on because of Thanksgiving. VOTE: Substrike. My case from before stands. He's seemed like cautious scum to me all game.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #31) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:21 am

Post by jmurph3 »

With CES. They have not mentioned each other at all this entire game. Now knowing that CB is scum, rereading CES's play D1 makes it very obvious that it's bussing. There was little intent to actually lynch, given as CES kept hopping without reason from vote to vote. The way I see it, his "case" on CB set it up so that if CB were to flip before CES, CES is practically confirmed.

@Llama: I know you think CES is town. Why?
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (isolation #32) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Well, this is thrilling to sit around and wait for my impending doom...
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #33) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Well, I'd actually like to see a case made on me, since I've yet to see one.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #34) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:19 am

Post by jmurph3 »

VOTE: jmurph3
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (isolation #35) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

@Llama: if you don't mind my asking, as this was my first time as scum, where did you see obvious buddies from me and CES? Mainly so that I can know for next time :D

Also, good game all, and thanks Charlie for modding!!
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #36) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:08 am

Post by jmurph3 »

I think we've decided not to release it, per the request of one of our members, who laid out a plan which didn't come to fruition but which might be used in a future game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”