Standard MS Ruleset... a starting point.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Standard MS Ruleset... a starting point.

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:17 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Since I began modding games, I have always used the same ruleset, which was absolutely (and shamelessly) stolen from DP.

I will go through these rules one by one, as I feel they're a good rule set.

THE RULES:

[01] Have fun and don't be a jerk. Please have consideration for the other players and the mod, and actually PLAY the game by posting and voting.

(I like this one, simple but necessary to say)

[02] No communication outside the thread unless your role allows you to do so and then only in the game's nights.

(Again, stated correctly and clearly)

[03] Get your choices in before the deadlines. If not, a random choice will be made for the first night, and no choice for subsequent nights.

(This one is up for debate)

[04] No quoting my or others PM's. No paraphrasing of winning conditions either.

(correct)

[05] If you're dead YOU'RE DEAD. No more posting relevant information after that.

(I'm a fan of the "no bah post)

[06] Lynching will be carried out once a regular majority is reached - and cannot be undone by unvoting. If I impose a day deadline, lynching will require at least half of the regular majority. In case of a tie, first come first served. In the endgame (6 or less) only a real majority will result in a lynch.

(I like this rule)

[07] Only votes in BOLD will be counted. Please clearly unvote if you want to change your vote, although I will still count your vote if you don't.

(Up for discussion. I wouldn't be against making people unvote)

[08] Do NOT edit or delete your posts! If you made a coding error, just post again.

(obvious)

[09] Do NOT post in invisible text.

(More of a problem on the GL) :)

[10] If you know you will not be checking the thread for a period of 72 hours or more, it would be nice if you would post that beforehand.

(Right)

[11] If you're out of the game, you may come back as substitute - only if you do not talk to other players about the game after your death of course.

(I like that, as well, this may need to be edited about power roles not being able to replace)

[12] The mod is always right. Accept the decisions, and if you want to discuss them, take it to email, or do so after the game has finished

(Yeah...)

Standard rules, but it encompasses all the main points.

Any additions / changes / deletes?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”