Newbie 1012 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:26 am

Post by DavidParker »

Wait, I must have missed SB asking for a lynch between him and Shadow.. That is just a purely stupid thing to say and very anti-town. However, it's also anti-scum if you are scum, so mostly just stupid.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

raymondkurayami (3): nameloc1986, bhavitgoyal, HopOnMyJoystick
Shadow Dancer (1): silverbullet999
HopOnMyJoystick (2): andrew94, DavidParker
bhavitgoyal (1): raymondkurayami
silverbullet999 (1): Shadow Dancer

not voting: Enigma
alive: 9 majority: 5
D1 Deadline: AD 2010-10-05 04:06:00.000 PM (Tue) Pacific Daylight Time
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Enigma »

DavidParker wrote:Wait, I must have missed SB asking for a lynch between him and Shadow.. That is just a purely stupid thing to say and very anti-town. However, it's also anti-scum if you are scum, so mostly just stupid.
I'm going to have to agree with this one.

Firstly, unless you are a cop and have a confirmed guilty result, there is no use asking for this. Being the martyr is not in the towns agenda, trust me I learnt the hard way. :wink:
So what you have done is effectively claimed VT (You wouldn't sacrifice yourself as a PR...) - Also making the PR sniping much easier for scum.
So Shadow made a slip up, doesn't necessarily mean he is confirmed scum. And if your mistaken about this lead you've effectively put the town into LYLO if we lynch Shadow tomorrow *if* you flip town.

AtE annoys me. I want to think that you wouldn't try and be a martyr as scum because this play is pointless, but at the same it ain't helping town either.

I'm not keen on the "lynch me, then when you see you are wrong lynch him". Could go disastrously wrong.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:12 am

Post by Enigma »

I'm actually going to go off a gut read now and say I don't think silver is scum (as scummy as I think he was before).

I don't think he would be dumb/smart enough to pull this charade off as scum .. regardless of WIFOM etc etc.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:43 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

-Bhav
1..Post #361, I didn't find the answers suitable and thought that they were foolish reasons and it seemed to me scummy.
2..I think when you said that you thought that we newbies would be convinced by you and think that if you are asking a lynch between you and Shadow then you are gonna be innocent.
1. Fair enough
2. Your predicting thoughts in my head.... meh ok i guess?

-Enigma
So what you have done is effectively claimed VT (You wouldn't sacrifice yourself as a PR...) - Also making the PR sniping much easier for scum.
Not necessarily true...
Look at my medic game
... I'm the wild card.
... People were right it seems....
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:45 am

(medic game is mr. Flay's game which finished) I'm just too clueless on how to update my wiki.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:06 am

Post by DavidParker »

I took silver's saying that as a VT claim as well, but didn't want to bring that up in case scum didn't catch on :O
That's too big of a risk for a PR imo. But as you said, wildcard ;)
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:10 am

Post by PogoStick »

DavidParker wrote:I took silver's saying that as a VT claim as well, but didn't want to bring that up in case scum didn't catch on :O
That's too big of a risk for a PR imo. But as you said, wildcard ;)
but seeing that he was pushed to L-1 and is now off people's radar I could see scum doing that to force a lynch on shadow, with the assumption that silver is town(I think silver is town, but if he isn't it is a neat gambit)
Show
Call me Rob, Hop, or joystick but I am better known in mafia world as the "Fall guy"

AtE is not a scum tell.

Town: 0-1
Scum: 1-1
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

Not sure what to think of HOMJ (HopOnMyJoystick) yet. KWB (KoreanWonderBoy) was an active lurker but with a good excuse. Rocker was an active lurker who came of noobish. Either of them could have just been lurkers in the sense of a noobish townie. Then HOMJ comes along and bandwagons on Raymond, then bandwagons on Shadow, then back on Raymond and calls himself an idiot for doing so in the process. Something fishy about that whole role to be honest.
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by PogoStick »

well if we want to throw random suspicions around. This is your vote on raymond, putting 3rd vote on raymond. This was your post 4, September 15th.
nameloc1986 wrote:hmm............Dickov strikes me more as a newbie than a mafia. Then again he could be both........IGMEOY Dickov.

After a further analysis of raymond, I am going to
Vote: Raymondkurayami

That's 3 votes on raymond I believe.

than your post 25 you say you "For the record, I'm not saying he's mafia and we should lynch him" but at the end of the same post you say he is your top suspect.

why do you contradict yourself?

why do you vote him in the first place without providing any sort of real reason, when your vote is the dreaded 3rd vote.

I'd be careful throwing suspicions around when you have also been guilty of suspicious behavior superman
Show
Call me Rob, Hop, or joystick but I am better known in mafia world as the "Fall guy"

AtE is not a scum tell.

nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

Ahem *clears throat*

NO REAL REASON FOR SUSPECTING RAYMOND?? Here are all the posts on the matter where I give my reasonings for voting raymond: (221 is a little long and 457 is just a couple pages back so I did not quote them)
nameloc1986 wrote:After an initial skim of all the posts, IGMEOY bhavitgoyal and raymond!

First of all raymond makes a statement:
I ask you, would I really be that stupid to do that?
Now this may be scumtell OR it just be strange way to word his question. Either way it DOES warrant an suspicion, but does NOT automatically mean he is scum. That's why I won't change my vote just yet, but IGMEOY. :igmeou:
nameloc1986 wrote:hmm............Dickov strikes me more as a newbie than a mafia. Then again he could be both........IGMEOY Dickov.

After a further analysis of raymond, I am going to
Vote: Raymondkurayami

That's 3 votes on raymond I believe.
nameloc1986 wrote:That's the point, there is no real evidence against ANYONE. All we have is assumptions. In fact, in this game, you'll hardly ever find REAL evidence. That's how the game is usually played (or at least the way I've played it). The BEST we have to go on is what looks like a "mafia slip-up" by you. We can always retract our votes as long as a majority is not reached yet. And since your not at L-1, I think we're pretty safe. Sorry dude, but right now you are our best bet until someone else becomes more suspicious acting.
nameloc1986 wrote:
raymondkurayami wrote:Well, if you lynch me, then its your loss, which makes it easier for the Mafia to win. I don't want to lose on my first game. I suggest we discuss this day for as long as needed to get a confirmed scum. Sorry for my short posts, I am on my phone.
In my experience (which I realize is not much), it is NEVER a good idea to say "lynch me and you'll be sorry". It just draws more attention to you (whether you are mafia or not) and actually gives the mafia a good clutch to take your words and turn them around on you. But don't worry, you're not getting lynched........yet anyway. You are just under a lot of suspicion right now. Defend yourself with sound reason (why did you say what you said) and don't get to agitated.
nameloc1986 wrote:
raymondkurayami wrote:Ok. Let me explain myself when I said "3rd or 4th person to bandwagon is mafia". I was just stating the fact and passively fos'ing the people who bandwagoned 3rd and 4th. I said "its your loss" cause i was stating the obvious. If we lynch me, it will be lylo on day 3 if we lynch incorrectly twice. Your call. Now its time for me to reread and fos people.
Now you're properly defending yourself, but you're missing something. That's not why we suspected/voted for you. We suspected/voted for you when you had the possible scumslip:
I ask you, would I really be that stupid to do that?
I may be wrong, but I haven't seen you defend this statement. In fact, you seem to be avoiding it. If you can convince me that this was not a scumslip then I might retract my vote.
Also read post #221 for my ISO of raymond & then post #457 (which YOU agreed with)

Also, I did never contradicted myself. It appeared like I did to others due to me miswording my posts, but that was explained:
nameloc1986 wrote:It wasn't carelessness it was just not the best way to word things (granted which depending on how you look MAY be the same thing).

Here's what I meant to convey: Raymond is my top suspect! My ONLY top suspect. I should have said: "Everyone knows that Raymond is my (and of few others
)
top suspect." (I put the end parenthesis in the wrong place)
I suspect
other
people like YOU, silver and Enigma but I don't want to say anything for certain yet.
Note the bolded word other. I WASN'T leaving raymond out, just naming my OTHER suspects (who aren't "top" suspects because I feel I don't have enough on them yet).
BTW, Dickov I never said I had TOP suspects.
Okay, I admit, after this one I should have put in parenthesis: (other than raymond)

So no, I wasn't contradictory all at, it only seemed that way. I don't blame y'all for misreading it, but just know that it was a typo, a misinterpreted sentence and a place where I left something out.
And I said I he was my top suspect but I never said he was
definitely
mafia. There is a big difference there buddy.

And lastly, why should I be careful of throwing suspicions around? Suspicions is part of the game. And please tell me what guilty behavior I have been suspicious of.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by PogoStick »

You mis understood

when you voted for him on post 4 you did not give a reason
and later while giving your reasons you say you don't think he is scum but he is your top suspect

I think Ray is scummy for the similar reasons you think is scummy but you also try and cast suspicion on me so I'm showing that I can also play this game
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by andrew94 »

er hop, can u explain ur last sentence?
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Enigma »

Andrew taking to ACTIVE lurking and zero contributions in these final important moments does not impress me.

Seems he has relaxed down alot now that he isn't being attacked and no longer wants to chase any leads ... maybe just scum who was getting defensive when being attacked.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by PogoStick »

andrew94 wrote:er hop, can u explain ur last sentence?
he tried to cast suspicion on me for esentially no reason and out of the blue, so I pointed out things he did that also seemed scummy

His reasons that he showed for voting for raymond are very similar to the reasons why I am voting for raymond.

the only reason why i left the raymond vote is because of the "we should vote Silver or shadow" comment, that was an impulse move which when I thought about it made no sense and went back to my original FOS
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm keepin my vote where it is for now.
If need be and deadline gets near i'll hammer ray.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by andrew94 »

dp , what do you think about your presuccesser's reaction to pressure?

egimna, the reason is because of an ongoing game.. so...
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Enigma »

What? Your reason for active lurking is because of an ongoing game?
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

HopOnMyJoystick wrote:You mis understood

when you voted for him on post 4 you did not give a reason
and later while giving your reasons you say you don't think he is scum but he is your top suspect

I think Ray is scummy for the similar reasons you think is scummy but you also try and cast suspicion on me so I'm showing that I can also play this game
I never said "I don't think he's scum". I admitted to the fact that he MIGHT not be scum. Again, being a top suspect does not necessarily mean that you know for sure that person is scum.
HopOnMyJoystick wrote:
andrew94 wrote:er hop, can u explain ur last sentence?
he tried to cast suspicion on me for esentially
no reason and out of the blue
, so I pointed out things he did that also seemed scummy

His reasons that he showed for voting for raymond are very similar to the reasons why I am voting for raymond.

the only reason why i left the raymond vote is because of the "we should vote Silver or shadow" comment, that was an impulse move which when I thought about it made no sense and went back to my original FOS
No reason and out of the blue? Do you even read my posts? I gave a reason. And besides it's only suspicions. It's not like I'm committing to voting for you. And no, you never pointed out anything except how I didn't give a reason for my vote for Raymond in that same post. What you are failing to see is that the reasons came before hand and later. Now I'll give you one thing: I probably should of included the reasonings in that same post in hind sight, but I'll plead that it was a newbie mistake. Let me ask you a question:
How do you think that's scummy?

One more thing: So the only reason your trying to throw suspicion on me is because I did it to you?? Can someone please scream OMGUS! Why didn't you say anything before about it? Why are you waiting for people to suspect you for you to suspect others? I willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, because it appears this is your first game.

Oh and is there anything I have done that's scummy?
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

Edit: Last sentence should say: Oh and is there anything else that you think I have done that's scummy?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Post by andrew94 »

well ,apart from sheeping and some misunderstandings , you strike a town read on me now

and it is rather what happened in that game, not because of that game
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by DavidParker »

andrew94 wrote:dp , what do you think about your presuccesser's reaction to pressure?

egimna, the reason is because of an ongoing game.. so...
The only thing I recall of my predecessor was his hilarious "OMGUS" policy, which basically consisted of "if you vote me, i will vote you back for no reason, well that being the reason", which i found hilarious, and something I'd never expect a scum to do.

I'll go have a quick read/iso of him if you really want, and comment, but overall Dickov was definitely a unique player.

With regards to HomJ, I find it funny that when I make a case on him, he attacks me back with a fairly weak case, then nameloc makes a further case on him being scum, and he attacks nameloc. You seem overly defensive when someone makes a scum-case on you, rather than staying calm and collected, which strikes me as definitely scummy.

Off to work, will post more later.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Post by andrew94 »

no i meant he said he needs replacement under pressure
raymondkurayami
raymondkurayami
Townie
raymondkurayami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Post by raymondkurayami »

DavidParker wrote:
The only thing I recall of my predecessor was his hilarious "OMGUS" policy, which basically consisted of "if you vote me, i will vote you back for no reason, well that being the reason", which i found hilarious, and something I'd never expect a scum to do.
This saying he is inno?
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Post by PogoStick »

raymondkurayami wrote:
DavidParker wrote:
This saying he is inno?
seriously raymond, this lurking you are doing and dodging questions and comments about you is really getting tired.

2 days ago you post a throw away comment and ignore me talking to you

now you post ignoring people who asked you questions directly.

you realize you have the most votes right now, are you that comfortable with your position in this game you don't feel the need to participate?

reading back you clearly have played elsewhere cause of some of the things you say duing this game, so let's not play dumb and participate or i will push even harder for you to be lynched.
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”