Newbie 1012 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

silverbullet999 wrote:-Contradictory Shadow
No, an answer is qualified by conveying clear and useful information.
False, here is the definition of an answer. the speech act of replying to a question . This is what I did, you did not like the answer and I AGAIN say that you could have simply asked for more details rather than insinuating and twisting it that i'm avoiding questions. You are also again contradicting yourself as in previous post you agreed that I answered the question.
Your argument that he is SI feiging VI is weak at best - how do you tell those apart? How was his "name" misunderstanding scummy? Point is - you seem not really t care if he is SI or VI, you only repeatedly state he was an I of any kind and had to be lynched, regardless.
SI as he brings a poor case on me and then tries to refute it in an I manner that.. would be incredibly hard for anyone to believe. It's almost like texting a friend and bad-talking someone but accidentally sending it to the person you are bad-talking instead. It is fucking hard to do legitimately. I refute the point you try to make as I said in the second post that you quoted, that I believe he is an SI feigning VI. Thus regardless you contradict yourself again.
I don't know about you, but I have seen townies do far worse mistakes.
What's the point of this post? I'm voting for who I think is scum because I believe his actions have been bad in this game. What actions have occurred in this game that have been worse thus far?

Other Questions For You
-Why do you seem to be tunneling on my case anyway, you claim its a weak case, andy only has 1 vote on him thus far (no i'm not trying to downplay my vote), but you are acting like he is going to get lynched asap.
-It's starting to feel like you are saying "oh em gee silver has such a weakz case on my buddy. Imma go save my buddy so he don't go and dig a deeper hole for himself and i'll try to make silver appear scummy! Super leet plan go!"
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:01 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

silverbullet999 wrote:-Contradictory Shadow
No, an answer is qualified by conveying clear and useful information.
False, here is the definition of an answer. the speech act of replying to a question . This is what I did, you did not like the answer and I AGAIN say that you could have simply asked for more details rather than insinuating and twisting it that i'm avoiding questions. You are also again contradicting yourself as in previous post you agreed that I answered the question.
Speaking of twisting words - you do.
By continuously pointing out that I contradicting myself about you answering the question you try to conceal the fact that you did avoid a clear stance on the subject in question.
If I ask you how the weather will be and you answer me "It'll either be clouds or sun" that is semantically an answer, contetwise it isn't. You decline to convey the information that you were asked for by making it blurry beyond recognition.
silver wrote:
Your argument that he is SI feiging VI is weak at best - how do you tell those apart? How was his "name" misunderstanding scummy? Point is - you seem not really t care if he is SI or VI, you only repeatedly state he was an I of any kind and had to be lynched, regardless.
SI as he brings a poor case on me and then tries to refute it in an I manner that.. would be incredibly hard for anyone to believe. It's almost like texting a friend and bad-talking someone but accidentally sending it to the person you are bad-talking instead. It is fucking hard to do legitimately. I refute the point you try to make as I said in the second post that you quoted, that I believe he is an SI feigning VI. Thus regardless you contradict yourself again.
You strongly suggest that "I" automatically implies it's rater SI than VI. But in fact all you point out is the "I" part, your conclusion that andrew must be scum because of him being an "I" which is just plain misleading. My impression is that you try to launch a mislynch on a cheap target instead of looking out for real scum. You do not even dif deeper after Andrew gives you an obviusly senseless answer to determine where it comes from. You just proceed to pick on his self-procalimed VI status - weak point found - and immideately suggest he'd be scum for being a VI/SI.
I don't know about you, but I have seen townies do far worse mistakes.
What's the point of this post? I'm voting for who I think is scum because I believe his actions have been bad in this game. What actions have occurred in this game that have been worse thus far?
Like this game was the only one were some (supposed) townie (to make this clear: I do not even call Andrew supposed townie, I find him pretty suspicious) ever did something bloodcurdingly stupid.
Just some examples I have seen myself:
- fakeclaiming cop as VT with a guilty on another VT
- vigging neutral/town reads
- trolling all game
silver wrote:-Why do you seem to be tunneling on my case anyway, you claim its a weak case, andy only has 1 vote on him thus far (no i'm not trying to downplay my vote), but you are acting like he is going to get lynched asap.
Because you did not convincingly point out how all this is about Adrew so far. It is about you.
silver wrote:-It's starting to feel like you are saying "oh em gee silver has such a weakz case on my buddy. Imma go save my buddy so he don't go and dig a deeper hole for himself and i'll try to make silver appear scummy! Super leet plan go!"
And this is supposed to do what? Discourage me questioning you? Right now
you
're digging a hole for
yourself
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:43 am

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

raymondkurayami (3): nameloc1986, Rockerboo, bhavitgoyal
andrew94 (1): silverbullet999
bhavitgoyal (2): Enigma, raymondkurayami
Rockerboo (1): andrew94

not voting: Shadow Dancer, DavidParker
alive: 9 majority: 5
D1 Deadline: AD 2010-10-05 04:06:00.000 PM (Tue) Pacific Daylight Time
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:04 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I did not unvote, my vote's still on DP.

vote DP
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:18 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

Speaking of twisting words - you do.
By continuously pointing out that I contradicting myself about you answering the question you try to conceal the fact that you did avoid a clear stance on the subject in question.
If I ask you how the weather will be and you answer me "It'll either be clouds or sun" that is semantically an answer, contetwise it isn't. You decline to convey the information that you were asked for by making it blurry beyond recognition.
Again false as I have stated that you were not happy with my explanation and I would have GLADLY (as said BEFORE) been more clear had you asked. Nowhere did I decline to convey the information that I was asked for by making it blurry beyond recognition. All I have done is noted how your posts have been contradictory (which you now agree to as you don't deny it) and refuted the stated points that you believed were correct.
You strongly suggest that "I" automatically implies it's rater SI than VI. But in fact all you point out is the "I" part, your conclusion that andrew must be scum because of him being an "I" which is just plain misleading. My impression is that you try to launch a mislynch on a cheap target instead of looking out for real scum. You do not even dif deeper after Andrew gives you an obviusly senseless answer to determine where it comes from. You just proceed to pick on his self-procalimed VI status - weak point found - and immideately suggest he'd be scum for being a VI/SI.
Let's reread my quotes that you quoted.
silverbullet wrote:... but VI or SI... you earn this for now...

VOTE: Andy the I
Here's where I place my vote, Specifically stating that Andy's an I. Nowhere am I suggesting that his being an I means he's scum. I am voting him because his answers thus far had been I and I wasn't sure which. Here's the Second post that you even quoted.
Silverbullet wrote:Andy bumps to the top, I think he's an si just feigning vi now... or just a troll.

either way death to the heathen.
This was posted AFTER Andy posted his summation of I and his (andy's) actions which I have said before I find to be bs and that he's just trying to hide and feign vi now.

So please point out where I'm supposedly picking on his self-proclaimed VIness.
Like this game was the only one were some (supposed) townie (to make this clear: I do not even call Andrew supposed townie, I find him pretty suspicious) ever did something bloodcurdingly stupid.
Just some examples I have seen myself:
- fakeclaiming cop as VT with a guilty on another VT
- vigging neutral/town reads
- trolling all game
Great job at posting a seemingly meaningful post... while Completely ignoring some questions that were directed at you in same post.
I know that townies (newb townies to) do horrible things. That's not what I asked you.. Here's my quote to refresh your memory
silverbullet wrote: What's the point of this post? I'm voting for who I think is scum because I believe his actions have been bad in this game. What actions have occurred in
this
game that have been worse thus far?
Bold is for added emphasis.
Because you did not convincingly point out how all this is about Adrew so far. It is about you.
Actually its about me pointing out the numerous contradictions and twisting of words that you are trying to make on me about my case on Andrew.
And this is supposed to do what? Discourage me questioning you? Right now you're digging a hole for yourself.
Way to be over dramatic, no but I do find it interesting that you are trying to be the white knight for Andrew and are trying to convince me to essentially not vote him, especially now since you admit that you are suspicious of him yourself... yet have not asked him one word.
Last edited by Excedrin on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
... People were right it seems....
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:18 am

^Quote tag fail!... mod could you correct? Much love^
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:26 am

Also... Where the hell is everyone else.

Enigma the politician still hasn't responded
and everyone else has been essentially dead.
Prod them all!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:28 am

Post by DavidParker »

Give me a bit longer!
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Enigma »

Incoming wall just wait it out.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:40 am

Post by DavidParker »

Alright, time to start my analysis:

Firstly,

bhavitgoyal is town. Every game I have played, the first person to intentionally typo "confirm" in any way has been town. This is on the list of DP town tells. (hint: none of my tells have any serious merit/reasoning behind them, but they work more often than not!)

Second, Hi raymond! I live in Perth too :)
Since I answered that question with my timezone (GMT+8), as for the others, I have some experience here as stated in my first post, and lots on another gaming site, which is more for fun and less serious, but still mafia. Also, a week ago, for the first time, I played mafia with friends at a party. It was great fun, although we were a smallish group (and they all kinda sucked at it, I won like 9/10 games, the only one I lost I was killed during Night 1 as a VT so didn't get to do anything...).
I generally prefer scum, although some games it's really fun to be town depending on the group of people and my level of involvement. but some games I kinda fizzle when I'm on town because of characters and boredom and game not moving.

/End of rqs.

Then things happen quickly! Random bandwagon on silver goes to L-1 (lolwot), enigma then votehops about 4 times in one page (lolwot), Wow, i just re-read page 2. This is absolutely hilarious. 4 different votes from enigma. 2 votes from dickov when he just blatantly states he is OMGUS'ing. Honestly, i think this was a hilarious way to get discussion started and the game moving. I wish i was around for it!

Anyways, from now on I'm going to ignore dickov as that is my slot. But just found his early actions too funny to not comment on. If anyone has any concerns they'd like me to address regarding his play and why I think he did it (seeing as I know his alignment) feel free to ask.

Then, we have the raymond vs bhavit OMGUS saga. Not quite as entertaining but still worth noting. A scum will be found between these two.

Then we have wall after wall after wall by Enigma. (I skimmed most of it, plz stop)

SD comes in and makes some town-like statements/defences to enigma regarding when he voted dickov etc. Enigma,s comment at the bottom of page 4 about rolefishing makes me get a town read from him at this point.

Koreanboy lurks then magically shows up after his name is mentioned. This seems dodgy to me.
Raymond #126: "hey don't vote me its a bad idea".. Oh dear. this defense was atrocious
More lurking by Korea.... "sick"...

Anyways, what I'm getting as is actually something I don't normally go after in newbie games, but it's struck out to me a lot more here. Lynch the lurkers! A bad policy to live by, but we've had some scummy lurkers, imo: koreanwonderboy and silverbullet. Lollero just flaked so that is a no-tell. Silverbullet has been active in every game I've been in with him, so this is unusual, and well korea just made some bad excuses and was online but not posting.

Also, in case you guys hadn't noticed, andrew94 is the epitome of a VI. You will struggle to find a better example. WIth that said, because of this the one or two games I've seen him be scum, I couldn't even tell he was scum. However, going by statistics, andrew is hardly ever scum!

So back to lurking..

koreawonderboy slot: Rockerboo replaces, he comes in says after 9 pages of reading he has no scum suspects (lolwut), there has been so much scummy stuff happen use your own judgment and make a gut read.. It seems to me only a scumbag wouldn't be able to say they find someone scummy. THen says he will WATCH other people scum hunt. ADMITTING THAT YOU WILL LURK!!?!?!?!?!

@SD:
SD wrote:I find most of andrew's reasoning rather horrible so far. And he is not a newb.
I know i'm a jerk, but trust me, he is a VI :)

Then.. WHat happens... ROCKERBOO DOES LURK! after admitting that he will lurk and watch others scum hunt.. He continues where korea left off.. Lurking and not doing anything. Usually I don't find lurking scummy, but this is definitely one of those times it is...

Vote: Rockerboo
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:41 am

Post by DavidParker »

Enigma wrote:Incoming wall just wait it out.
@Enigma, Please don't.

I promise I won't do any more.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Enigma »

I'm very good at making politician promises. Sorry!
Heh I've just realized why I've lost grunt for this game. If you've played with me before you'll realize I get emotionally involved in games and start calling everyone stupid for not agreeing with my points and get all fired up and overly aggressive, but I tried to hold back this game as it's a newbie game. Mehhh.
That and the walls of text and illogical charade of arguments scare me .... yeah scare you read right.

Anyways ... starting from my silver ISO.
Just open up that page and read down the page, referring to post numbers.

Page 12
ShadowDancer wrote:Yeah, the same 58.333... % I already calculated for one scum among us. Eliminating me that leaves us with ~46.4% (13/28) that one of you two is scum and just 8.33...% (~7.14% eliminating me) that both scum are among us experienced players... Not very likely, searching newb scum is a promissing strategy. And so far I haven't found anything clearly scummy about any of you... And my plan to abuse RVS to put artificial pressure on silver just resulted in a rather pointless waggon.
I hate it when people who analyze vote counts or statistics ignore the possibility that they are scum and mark themselves off as town. The town thing to do is to present the true figures and let the other townies decide for themselves where they place you. Scum want to encourage townies to believe they are town, which is what you are trying to do subtly. Townies should be more convinced about scum hunting than trying to convince other people they are town when they aren't being attacked.
Your last sentence is kinda contradictory, you got the pressure on silver (which I don't know what you wished to achieve with it) yet you shrug it off as pointless?

Silverbullet,
I find him incredibly defensive and worried that he is attracting negative attention in his response to my ISO in 286.

Andrew,
Completely ignores everything that is being said about anyone else apart from Silverbullet or comments attacking him. Not quite sure what he is trying to achieve with his tunnelling effort, all I know is that his illogical arguments, and silverbullet's rebuttals are confusing the fuck of out of me. PS: VI is not something to be proud of, there is a reason why it is termed "idiot". VI play doesn't necessarily mean it's scum but I know for sure it's anti town which is unhelpful at all.

Dickov,
I find his response in 293 a bit emotional and very defensive and doesn't really help divert any suspicion off him or explain his intent properly. Could be a newb buckling under pressure, or scum whose getting worried and extra defensive now that he is being accused. I think the latter is much more likely.

BhavitGoyal,
295 seems fair, I agree with a bit of what he has said but seems quite manipulated when I did my own ISO of Ray. Raymond does seem a bit weak in scum hunting, quite possibly just a newbie trying to learn the ropes but flails really bad under pressure. Raymond could quite possibly be scum getting nervous but his play represents a newbie play which you seem to have so conveniently discounted. Good to see an effort in scum hunting by Bhavit.

Shadow Dancer,
The wall post in 296 just seems to be excessive and stating the obvious to what everyone already knows.

I'm just finding it frustrating when trying to comment on the illogical wall posts of back and forth arguments between everyone. You don't need wall posts to convey your thoughts across, one or two short distinct paragraphs is all that is necessary in most cases. And I've said it before, it's getting out of control and will only hurt town in later days because all it does is confuse the fuck out of everyone. People seem to associate walls of text as townies trying hard, but in fact you are all quite mistaken.

Page 13

Nameloc,
301 feels really genuine and sincere to me. I can't get a through read on all the people posting walls of argument because little bits stand out to me as scummy but I would go and say by best town candidate so far up to this point is Nameloc. I would pay attention to this post though later in the game when we have some flips to see the possibility of him being scum and trying to subtly defend his scum partner.

Dickov,
I see alot of reference towards the wiki. Now I feel the wiki tends to teach people how to be pro town and I feel Dickov is trying really hard to seem pro town and is using the wiki for guidance. The wiki isn't gospel and knowledge comes from experience. Why Dickov is trying so hard to appear pro town? Not quite sure but I'm getting more of a scum feeling as a result of that.
I just find alot of the arguments here, and in many other wall posts, are getting very theory based and not relying on concrete evidence. As I result I tend to pay less credit to them, so if you are trying to convince me, try harder.

Andrew,
When people write in quote boxes, like you in 306 it is incredibly hard to read and fails at getting your point across. I recall someone said to stop this earlier. I suggest you take that advice.

Shadow Dancer,
314, Comical lols. Quite true here.

Remainder posts are all just fluff.
Shadow Dancer wrote:I think I can live with that. I think that was directed more towards Andrew. I really cannot figure out what some of his sentences mean or refer to since they make - either logically or grammatically - no sense. With you it's more of formatting problem, I guess.

The bottom line is: Trying to figure out what your argument is all about alone gives me headaches and leaves me behind but confused.
I second this, even though I've mentioned it multiple times.

A few things I want to point out. I find it very interesting that people trying to bring up alternative suspects for being scummy are being devoted null/minimal attention, case in point: my ISO of silver, bhavit's ISO on raymond. People seem to want to continue the petty arguments between each other which gives me the distinct feeling that the andrew/silver and dickov/shadow pairs are quite possibly town vs scum interactions. I have left of scum/scum because I just can't imagine either parties being capable of an elaborate bussing plot. I actually feel that it is very likely there is at least one scum out of the 4 there, and maybe both scum are in the grouping.

Page 14

Andrew,
I'm not quite sure what to make of post 328. At first it seemed like scum hoping people would ignore the issue of suspecting him to be scum if they remained confused about the issue when trying to read his poorly formatted walls of mehness. But then he bites the bullet a few posts later. In a read of an further ISO of silver, I disagree with his case. Silver has done things which I perceive to be scummy as I've detailed in all my posts but I don't see your argument standing to any scrutiny Andrew. I actually feel exactly as you said about silver towards your argument.
Andrew wrote:i then said he was making the case seem much bigger than it actually is - typical scum move to lynch someone
Dickov,
I'm not quite sure of how to make of you leaving the game. I've seen scum get frustrated when they feel they are being tunneled, or townies giving up when they are being falsely accused. I like to give replacements the benefit of the doubt usually but always take the previous players actions into consideration when making a case. I will discuss this again later in reference to Shadow.

Silver,
346 ... Delivered. See promises do come true. I say no comment because I tried reading everything and after my initial read I was left more clueless than I was originally before I read everything. And I think my IQ level dropped a bit too ....
Policy lynching VI's is something I disagree with. Your entire case thus of far lynching on him being a scum idiot. The concrete evidence is minimal.
You want to lynch him because you think he might be scum but you are convinced that he is an idiot and you will policy lynch enforce that. (I see you haven't played much with drmyshotty).
What I don't like is that you aren't willing to commit to a policy lynch on scummy lurkers as you discussed early in the thread but you are backing up your current lynch based mainly on a policy lynch.

Shadow,
His 347 is pedantic, I hate it when people are pedantic and expect full attention towards their argument when they only comment on specific issues. What intrigues me is that he is yet to accuse anyone else of being scummy and has focused on dickov for nearly the entirety of the game as being scum. His game play involves provoking people to answer his questions but yet does not arrive at the important conclusion, does he think they are scum and is he going to pressure them to confirm his suspicions.
Suddenly the dickov/shadow scum team are looking much more viable as a bussing scam, and I think Shadow would be more than capable of pulling it off.

Page 15 and final conclusions to come. Tired....

PREVIEW EDIT: Too bad DP it's already here. Enjoy!
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Enigma »

Actually just want to point this out.

Rockerboo
Last visited:
Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:09 am

And I know he visited on Sunday too because I checked that a few days ago.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@silver:
OK, you are serious?
You seriously insinuate to me that I did not ask you for further details?
Obviously I did.
And is noted, nontheless, that you tried to get away with an incredibly wishy-washy answer.
Now you are from nitpicking and twisting words to traight out lying.
silver wrote:Here's where I place my vote, Specifically stating that Andy's an I. Nowhere am I suggesting that his being an I means he's scum.
Which is exactly my point. Now you suddenly admit that you want to lynch Andy
not
because he is scum (and feigning VI, as you lately claimed) but only because he is an "I", although that tells you jack-shit about his alignment.
What about presenting a coherent version once.

silver wrote:This was posted AFTER Andy posted his summation of I and his (andy's) actions which I have said before I find to be bs and that he's just trying to hide and feign vi now.

So please point out where I'm supposedly picking on his self-proclaimed VIness.
So he was a real VI/SI. Until this point, where he suddenly's feigning it?
I am just using your words. And it does not make nay sense to me.
silver wrote:Great job at posting a seemingly meaningful post... while Completely ignoring some questions that were directed at you in same post.
I know that townies (newb townies to) do horrible things. That's not what I asked you.. Here's my quote to refresh your memory
silver wrote:What's the point of this post? I'm voting for who I think is scum because I believe his actions have been bad in this game. What actions have occurred in this game that have been worse thus far?
Bold is for added emphasis.
I talked about VIs (not neccessarily newbies in my examples) in general and you insist on an example in
this
game?! What makes this game so special that you want to rule out the possibility of a newbie / whoever doing something stupid in this of all games? It is a newbie game, for damn sake.
This is all about your bad if not totally intransparent motives in your case against Andrew and about yout growing contradictions.
This is definitely not about Andrew. I'd lynch him any time. I pointed out that his lame attemot to call out name for his questions to the mod was a lame attempt at newb framing or maybe feigning scum hunting.
That does not change the fact that your case against him is intransparent except for the contradictory part... And so far you declined to lays it down in a coherent manner, although I asked you to do it in every single post so far. Instead you proceed with these WOTs, trying to undermine my questions.
DP seems to really wanna play this game. So I can do this now:

unvote. vote Silver. FoS DP

Time to go for
real
information.

Still, this is interesting:
DP wrote:I generally prefer scum, although some games it's really fun to be town depending on the group of people and my level of involvement. but some games I kinda fizzle when I'm on town because of characters and boredom and game not moving.
Hmm... I saw your town meta. SO this must be your scum meta :P
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:34 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

From my current PoV this is just spot on:
enigma wrote:andrew/silver and dickov/shadow pairs are quite possibly town vs scum interactions.
Definitely keep it in mind!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

:) Sorry, enigma. No more WOTs, promisse.
@silver: To help you get your thoughts straight:
- What is your policy lynch policy (nice word :P)
- What is your case against Andrew? Please give us a short timeline of it from your PoV.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Enigma »

It's good someone read my wall!
Was worried you didn't read it after you asked me to post my opinions on everyone.

I actually put alot of effort into it (suffered a loss of brain cells reading andrew vs silver and shadow vs dickov) but I think alot of my observations are sincere and not biased like alot of other reads.
Please do actually read these past few wall posts guys, It gives a good neutral view of the situation and I quite honestly do think we need to get away from the walls of illogical arguments. Really. Please do stop.

Anyways 1 more wall to come, hopefully in the next few days covering the last few pages. Deadline is in 1 week, so decision time soon!
Also something needs to be done about Rockerboo. I really want a better read on him before the deadline comes up.

Mod: Please prod rockerboo again or whenever you feel it is reasonable based on when you last prodded him.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Enigma wrote:It gives a good neutral view of the situation
So much about subtly insinuating one is town.
Neutral is what you aren't, any way.

But I think I'll try and summarize both my points against Dickov and against Silver in the near future, so no one actually has to read all of it.

I also feel like meta reading both DP and Andrew right now would be a good idea...
Yuck I hate meta reading :(
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:53 pm

-DP
Anyways, what I'm getting as is actually something I don't normally go after in newbie games, but it's struck out to me a lot more here. Lynch the lurkers! A bad policy to live by, but we've had some scummy lurkers, imo: koreanwonderboy and silverbullet. Lollero just flaked so that is a no-tell. Silverbullet has been active in every game I've been in with him, so this is unusual, and well korea just made some bad excuses and was online but not posting.

Also, in case you guys hadn't noticed, andrew94 is the epitome of a VI. You will struggle to find a better example. WIth that said, because of this the one or two games I've seen him be scum, I couldn't even tell he was scum. However, going by statistics, andrew is hardly ever scum!
Huh? Lurked? When?
Also games of andrew plz... that is important.

-Enigma
I find him incredibly defensive and worried that he is attracting negative attention in his response to my ISO in 286.
Worried? Where's worried come from?
What I don't like is that you aren't willing to commit to a policy lynch on scummy lurkers as you discussed early in the thread but you are backing up your current lynch based mainly on a policy lynch.
I really would like you to quote me where i say POLICY LYNCH THE VI. I believe him to be SI feigning VI (this might change if his meta is truly this idiotic.). Please quote where I say policy lynch him, as memory says I never did.

Also you haven't responded at all to my questions of your iso of me.. :/

-Shadow
You seriously insinuate to me that I did not ask you for further details?
Obviously I did.
Please quote where you asked for further details. Your response right away after me answering your first question was. "YOU ARE AVOIDING MY QUESTION!".
Which is exactly my point. Now you suddenly admit that you want to lynch Andy not because he is scum (and feigning VI, as you lately claimed) but only because he is an "I", although that tells you jack-shit about his alignment.
What about presenting a coherent version once.
Vote = Pressure
So he was a real VI/SI. Until this point, where he suddenly's feigning it?
I am just using your words. And it does not make nay sense to me.
His summary was bullshit to me unless his meta proves otherwise and he really IS that much of an idiot. This is where I say Death to the heathen (which you could then say I'm asking for the lynch if you really want)
I talked about VIs (not neccessarily newbies in my examples) in general and you insist on an example in this game?! What makes this game so special that you want to rule out the possibility of a newbie / whoever doing something stupid in this of all games? It is a newbie game, for damn sake.
This is all about your bad if not totally intransparent motives in your case against Andrew and about yout growing contradictions.
This is definitely not about Andrew. I'd lynch him any time. I pointed out that his lame attemot to call out name for his questions to the mod was a lame attempt at newb framing or maybe feigning scum hunting.
That does not change the fact that your case against him is intransparent except for the contradictory part... And so far you declined to lays it down in a coherent manner, although I asked you to do it in every single post so far. Instead you proceed with these WOTs, trying to undermine my questions.
Yeah I have no idea what you are insinuating here.
What is your policy lynch policy (nice word :P)
- What is your case against Andrew? Please give us a short timeline of it from your PoV.
Policy lynch policy is if it fits and is needed do it. If person is lieing and seems scummy as well policy lynch works. If person is lieing yet I feel a possibility that they may be a pr or something of that sort (i wouldn't state that) I wouldn't follow policy.

Andrew attacks me idiotically and says some really stupid shit. Me questioning him is scummy to him and him answering is scummy for himself? His posts seemed highly VI but he keeps throwing around this makes you scummy that makes you scummy that he earned my vote. Then he gives his summary of what happened, and I believe that him saying he attacks me from what i say to raymond is complete and utter bullshit and a simple yet effective way to truly claim the VI title. Thus I believe he is feigning VI and is really an SI as I found it INCREDIBLY HARD to believe someone could be THAT stupid to not take in that initial post correctly.

-enigma
suffered a loss of brain cells reading andrew vs silver
If you lost brain cells from me. Fuck you
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Enigma »

Ok let me rephrase that.

I'm reading in a fashion where I don't perceive every post by said person is scummy and the work of scum while picking only specific phrases to nitpick whilst not taking their entire play thus far into context.
Better?
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:00 pm

-Enigma
That works for worried (i'm guessing that's your reply?)

now for that policy lynch question and my iso questions.

Henchi a go go baby
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

silver wrote:
Shadow wrote:You seriously insinuate to me that I did not ask you for further details?
Obviously I did.
Please quote where you asked for further details. Your response right away after me answering your first question was. "YOU ARE AVOIDING MY QUESTION!".
Shadow, post 347 wrote:@silver: You avoid to answer my second question. Why? Under which circumstances precisely? Which policy do you mean? And how far are those conditions matched in this specific game?
Gratuitous to say anything but *lol*.
*lol*
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Enigma »

Umm the post above was in reference to Shadow dissing my "neutral" opinions.

I will address your posts in a mega wall post sometime.
Politician promise: Sometime SoonTM

Also I mean it, reading the wall of text arguments between you four is very painful and quite discouraging.
I would even venture to say that's what scared off alot of people, myself and the newbies included because we honestly find it hard to comment on.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:07 pm

You avoid to answer my second question. Why? Under which circumstances precisely? Which policy do you mean? And how far are those conditions matched in this specific game?
Translation
YOU ARE AVOIDING MY QUESTION! WHY ARE YOU VOTING MY QUESTION!

The rest is not asking me to clarify my answer at all it's nit picking my answer, and wait a sec... I answered the follow up questions in the next post.

-enigma
I will address your posts in a mega wall post sometime.
NO FUCK THE MEGA WALL
ANSWER NOW
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Enigma »

Enigma wrote:SoonTM