Mini 1062 - The Lies of Locke Lamora (game over!)

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:58 am

Post by MacavityLock »

ThAdmiral wrote:vote: macavitylock, because if I'm not mistaken Macavity is the evil cat in cats...

(my girlfriend made me watch it)
Watch it? It's all about the poem, man, not the musical.

Here's the thing:
Macavity's a Mystery Cat: he's called the Hidden Paw
For he's the master criminal who can defy the Law.
He's the bafflement of Scotland Yard, the Flying Squad's despair:
For when they reach the scene of crime--Macavity's not there!

Quite appropriate for the theme, wouldn't you say?

VOTE: ThAdmiral

May be a bit prickly of me, but I will not have anybody besmirch my good (user)name!
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:18 am

Post by MacavityLock »

A question we should get out of the way early: Who has fluff knowledge? I've read both books thus far, and I've got to say, I liked the first
substantially
more than the second.

Parama, I've seen much worse VIs than Furc. On a scale of 1-10, how serious are you about the policy lynch?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:19 am

Post by MacavityLock »

palmertrou wrote:Who here has played with Jack?
Oh, also, where did this question come from? And, yes, I have.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

MichelSableheart wrote:I know that setup speculation is a risk, but I'm still going to take a shot. So the scum are trying to take over Camorr. Nicovante things they're out to overthrow him, but that seems rather ridiculous. Who would possibly want to take his place? The spider is loyal to him, Barsavi already has all the power he needs, the gentleman bastards don't care about power, only about stealing, and the grey king is only interested in revenge. If any group is trying to take over the city, though, it would probably be the grey king. He's new, he's threatening the balance of power. This would make the Falconer and the Sisters rather dangerous as well.
While I likely agree with the assessment of our scum characters, I'm not sure what benefit it gives us to make this info publicly available right now. Why not hold it back and see if any fluff-ignorant scummies make a mistake?
palmertrou wrote:Can we discuss what the advantages and disadvantages of revealing where we all live?

Michel, lets assume that your hypothesis is correct and that the grey King and the falconer and sisters are scum. Where do they live?
What I said above, but
even more
. If you're even
considering
revealing start locations (which I'm not a huge fan of), you don't talk about where scum characters might live first.

----

Skyquiem, your cutesy faux-oblivious scumtell is showing.
Unvote. Vote: Skyq
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:00 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Skyquiem wrote:Hmm, not sure, but wouldn't it be obvious for those characters to be the mafia?? Never read the books, though they certainly sound interesting! :P

Ehh, not gonna think too much on that yet :/
C'mon Parama, read that and tell me you don't think "Oh no, our scum characters have been twigged!"
Parama wrote:Macavity, are you a miller?
No sir.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #68 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:52 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Skyquiem wrote:That's okay Mycavity, you don't have to explain anything to me, or heck, even answer my question that was directed at you. I understand,
perfectly
You do realize that I answered both your question and Parama's in one? Check post 55.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Sorry, missed this before.
MichelSableheart wrote:
palmer wrote:Can we discuss what the advantages and disadvantages of revealing where we all live?
I prefer that we not reveal our own location, simply because we don't have enough insight in the setup yet to know that revealing location will benefit town.
Yeah, this.
MichelSableheart, my additional formatting wrote:I'm not really seeing why it's a bad idea to discuss potential locations of likely scum characters.
If we're correct about the assumption that those characters are scum
, we're not giving them any information at all. If we're wrong about the assumption that they're scum, then they are extremely unlikely fakeclaims. Then there is the chance that those characters are simply not in the game, and
the fact that if one scum player has read the book he can give his partners all info they need.
Can you explain why you believe this to be a bad idea, macavity?
For the italics, the fact that we don't know the setup yet makes this moderately meaningless or possible noise. The flip side is the possibility that it does help us scumhunt, but also helps scum power-hunt or somesuch. I tend to think our mod didn't create the locations as a way to break the game. Even if it could potentially help town, I would bet that there are offsets, and without more knowledge, I don't want to risk it.

As for the bold, do you think the scum have day talk? What if they didn't coordinate and detail before the day start and they only have night talk? I'd rather have traps out even if they may be useless, than to trip said traps before they've even had a chance to see if they might work.

----
Skyquiem wrote:I keep my vote on him, because his seeming answer to mine and parma's questions didn't cut it for me.
Why not?
Skyquiem wrote:(PS: This means I would love a better explanation then the crap you handed me Macavity, just an FYI~)
And, yeah, I'm good for now.

All the players you've mentioned as scummy have their votes on you. So, are there any scum out there that have their eyes in other directions?

----
Skyquiem wrote:Also, don't quote the whole thing if all your going to do is point out one line or so. That's unnecessary wall space >.>
This I can agree with. Formatting all nice like is aces.

----

Moderate LA from now until Tuesday. I will likely be able to check in and post, but do not expect to be able to provide high volume.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #113 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:01 am

Post by MacavityLock »

As previously posted, I have rather Limited Access at the moment. I expect to be able to post some content by tomorrow. Sorry.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #119 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

MacavityLock wrote:All the players you've mentioned as scummy have their votes on you. So, are there any scum out there that have their eyes in other directions?
Skyq, this question was directed at you, just so you don't forget.
Furcolow wrote:based upon voting, if skyquiem is scum i am fairly certain that palmertrou would have to be scum. this makes it difficult for michelsableheart, skyquiem, and palmertrou to all be scum unless michelsableheart wanted to start a wagon on his buddy.
Why?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #144 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Same request as Parama. I want an unvote or two. I am not heavily against a palmer-wagon, but I would very much like an RL day or two to get back into it before we go to night.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #145 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Apparently I missed an entire page there. My bad. Still, request for no ending of the day for a bit please.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #153 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Dearest palmer,
What is the justification for the Thiefmaker being a roleblocker? Also, you were the one who wanted to know people's locations, right? If this location claim were to happen, town will definitely tell you the truth, but scum may not. So, by doing that location claim, conjoined with your roleclaim, it now reads like you're trying to block townie power roles. Please explain.

----

I don't particularly want to go to night without a full compliment of players. Are people who've been prodded and not responded (a2, at the very least) being replaced? What's the time frame on that?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #171 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:58 am

Post by MacavityLock »

MacavityLock wrote:Also, you were the one who wanted to know people's locations, right? If this location claim were to happen, town will definitely tell you the truth, but scum may not. So, by doing that location claim, conjoined with your roleclaim, it now reads like you're trying to block townie power roles. Please explain.
palmer, I don't believe this question has been answered to my satisfaction.

----

Will attempt a complete catch-up over the weekend. It's been a long week.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #220 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Yeah, nothing in his explanations and defenses make me like palmer that much more. For example,
palmertrou wrote:@ Parama

I'm not in any way doubting that the Thiefmaker is in this game. I'm just saying that I can guarentee that none of you lot are the thiefmaker.
Um, congratulations that you have a safe claim?
palmertrou wrote:Parama and Macklock, your fully entitled to vote for me because of your well documented criticism of me. My question is, why aren't you? From my perspective you seem to be the only people that are reading me objectively. I'll give you the option to abstain from answering this if you want.
Up to the point of my last post, I did not consider you the most likely scum. But, the tides, they are a-changing. I'm not sure what you were expecting to learn from this question.

Unvote.
palmer needs to go, but I'm not going to vote him until I see a vote count. Actually,
@mod, Official Deadline Extension Request
. I want a full compliment of players, including Skyq's replacement before we go to night.

----
Furcolow wrote:I don't care how I look.
If you lynch me, follow who I believe to be scum
Furc, I don't think you were ever in danger of being lynched today. So, why offer to be martyr so readily? If you are town and are willing to martyr yourself so we'll go after your suspects, how can you be so damn sure of who is scum? An entire scum team no less? You've already outed yourself as a power role. If you have something to say, just say it.

And no matter what you are, you need to get better at this.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #227 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:03 am

Post by MacavityLock »

MichelSableheart wrote:I'm also not seeing the case against MacavityLock.
One vote is an OMGUS from someone being replaced, the other is still from the RVs. (Though that begs the question, why is your vote still on me ThAd?)
MichelSableheart wrote:@a2rude, jenni, furcolow, macavity: why aren't you voting anyone so close to deadline?
I was waiting for vote count, because I don't want to end the day with a player still unreplaced, especially one that I suspect. Please also note that the deadline has been moved to Thursday. Still, I thought we were closer to a lynch than we actually are. VOTE: palmer
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #265 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Skyquiem wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:All the players you've mentioned as scummy have their votes on you. So, are there any scum out there that have their eyes in other directions?
Skyq, this question was directed at you, just so you don't forget.
I didn't consider Jene scum because she was voting me did I? No.

Why? Because she at lest gave an adequate reason for why she was.

You and furcolow? Not so much.

I don't care what anyone else thought, *Cough* Parma *Cough* >.>, your response was not in any way shape or form adequate to me. Therefore my vote stuck.
Congratulations, you didn't answer my question. I asked if there was anyone that you considered scum that didn't also happen to suspect you. You answered by saying that you didn't suspect jenni, even though she did suspect you. That was not the question I was asking.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #617 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

<sigh> My obvious breadcrumb was obvious.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”