drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

If I remembered I would be more than pretty sure. Dude I'm a stuck up over confident dick, so really I never speak as if I didn't know something
#freeShotty
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

God I am so tempted to push for the DrShotty policy lynch.

However, everything he's said just bores me. I really have no idea where to go from here.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by vollkan »

DMSIS wrote: Yes I used the wrong acronim, but I really just posted I wasn't thinking that would be used for or against me. I just didn't remember those games.
Why did you accuse him of WIFOM? I see absolutely no way you could possibly think that he was using WIFOM against you. And don't say you 'used the wrong acronym' - because you explicitly told him to go and watch The Princess Bride, which shows you know exactly what WIFOM is.
DMSIS wrote: Wow DH way to fish, and I'm town
Two boilerplates in a single page, and you haven't used either of them correctly Newbscumtell
Shotty+3

(A boilerplate is a label attack scumtell - eg. "WIFOM", "OMGUS', "fishing", etc.)
DMSIS wrote: Well I guess you more like dropped a bomb into the lake
Hyperbole to cover the false use of a boilerplate.
Shotty+1
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:37 am

Post by Zachrulez »

vollkan post 504 wrote:
SB wrote:
Maemuki and I are masons.
Unvote

Going to ISO Shotty
Uhhhh, you didn't have a vote active prior to this. (The vote count 2 posts above yours will confirm this.)
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Socrates »

I am having a lot of trouble building a lot of interest in this game.

The only reason I could see myself voting Shotty for is policy grounds.

vote: DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:18 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Socrates wrote:I am having a lot of trouble building a lot of interest in this game.

Same read as before? Or did something new catch your eye?

I'm curious to know if something changed for you, since you seem to be bored of this game.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Skill006 »

Third Vote Count for Day 2:

Drmyshottyizsik (4) – Scott Brosius, Zachrulez, DemonHybrid, Alduskkel
DemonHybrid (1) - Socrates

Not Voting: drmyshottyizsik, Reckamonic, Maemuki, vollkan, Untrod Tripod

Deadline is Saturday, October 2, 10:00 pm CST.
With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Time to look for another replacement.
Last edited by Skill006 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

sigh. And now I'm tempted to vote for shotty just to get the game moving...
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:45 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

vote DH

lets get this game moving guys. I'm town
#freeShotty
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
vote DH

lets get this game moving guys. I'm town
yes, because otherwise you would claim scum? Are you saying you're VT?

also, who asked you to claim?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The lack of activity in this game is disturbing.

Anyway, Shotty is clearly the play for today. Anyone who's unsure or thinking of it as a policy lynch should look at 494, as it shows a clearly scummy action on Shotty's part and that action has a clear scum motivation. This isn't a policy lynch or a lynch to eliminate a VI from the game, this is a lynch on a player who has acted legitimately scummy.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

@Mod: Deadline is incorrect.

fixed, ty.

Socrates needs to explain his vote.

Not a whole lot to say because not a whole lot has been said.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Catching up tonight. Promise.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

NVM. We lied.
Tomorrow.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:25 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Neither DH vote has any explanation to it.

Socrates seemed to be leaning more toward DH being town at the end of day 1, and his change in stance hasn't been explained. (He has also seemed to be very much less interested in the game since day 1 which has piqued my curiosity.)

Shotty's vote has no explanation and seems to contradict his stance of me being scum. (I'm the only player he's actually explicitly stated he thinks is scum yet is not voting for me.)
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:17 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

I think Soc has me voted because he can't see the shotty case and finds me the next-scummiest or something.

Shotty is being shotty. Wagoning for no reason because he has pressure on him.

Shotty, the more you say "I'm town I swear" out of place, the scummier you look.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:22 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

I would say that if Shotty is scum, Soc is most certainly his buddy on grounds of association and vote-hopping.

I wouldn't be surprised; shotty's not the smartest banana of the bunch and I can see him copying his buddy's vote out of desperation and lack of mafia sensibility.

You want this one.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Socrates »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Socrates wrote:I am having a lot of trouble building a lot of interest in this game.

Same read as before? Or did something new catch your eye?

I'm curious to know if something changed for you, since you seem to be bored of this game.
Pretty much yea. The only thing that has really changed is that I didn't like your argument for lynching mae before getting a replacement for her, as I can see a lot of pro-scum utility (Not letting a more competent player ruin a potential mislynch) and I question your sincerity in making such an argument.

Shotty's "Lie" about his meta with Scott is stupid. It is much more likely that he simply forgot about the other games he has played with Scott and if you think that shotty is stupid enough to lie about something that is GUARANTEED to be corrected, then you have to concede that he is also stupid enough to make such an innocent mistake.

As I said, I might hammer just because I don't want to deal with him, but, as far as his alignment goes, it would be pretty much a random lynch. There is also the argument that zach put forward yesterday for Shotty's pro-townness that I felt empathy for so, ect.

If Shotty does flip scum, then I will take my lynch like a man.

The fact that both of the "Masons" have basically flaked makes me go erm.

Fun fact: I haven't actually read a single post by untrod tripod this entire game. I should fix that.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Socrates wrote:
Shotty's "Lie" about his meta with Scott is stupid. It is much more likely that he simply forgot about the other games he has played with Scott and if you think that shotty is stupid enough to lie about something that is GUARANTEED to be corrected, then you have to concede that he is also stupid enough to make such an innocent mistake.
He would have had to have forgotten about TWO games actually, and one of them finished fairly recently.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Zachrulez »

^ Both actually. (I was actually in one, and I just checked when the other one ended.)
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:23 am

Post by Socrates »

Zachrulez wrote:
Socrates wrote:
He would have had to have forgotten about TWO games actually, and one of them finished fairly recently.
Yep.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I've reread and here are some general points I've noticed:

DH is, imo, playing fairly pro-town. I know "hiding in plain sight" sounds like a good idea, but I've never seen it done by a mafia player. You post as much as DH does, you're gonna slip up. I just can't see a scum player being as vocal as he is (feel free to point out if this is wrong. I'm not saying it's definite truth, just that I've never seen it) . Rereading vote patterns, Soc and reck have been two players who have had their votes on DH for a large portion of the game. I can see one of them being scum, but definitely not both. Maybe neither. I just think this point bears remembering later in the game when we have more info.

I think shotty is a super easy target. And about this "lie" thing, I've played with plenty of players who make bad claims about their game history. Don't think it's a scumtell, I just think he's forgetful. That being said, shotty is kind of a VI. This is true. However, VI is not an alignment and it's entirely possible he's both scum AND stupid. His [mostly] lack of content, however, is dragging the game down while we debate whether or not he's worth lynching.

Interestingly enough, I think horrordude would have had a scum (probably not both) on his lynch, and Reck, Soc and DH are on it... I'm not saying that reck and Soc are def. scum, but the voting makes a compelling argument.

OT, but Soc how could you have not read my posts? That's a really weird admission.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Did those bad claims involve "forgetting" about games that you were scum in only weeks after their conclusion?
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Reckamonic »

The early mason claim seems dubious and out of place, but we're not willing to take a risk lynching claimed masons like that. If they're actually masons, then mafia are gonna want to get rid of them quickly. We'll see a flip sooner or later to confirm this. It pains us to let Scott go like that, but alas.

Really really really disliking DH's quick dismissal of the mason claims though.

Disliking the DMSIS bandwagon even more. You guys (see: Scott & Zach) are seriously going to jump on a WELL-KNOWN VILLAGE IDIOT for mixing up how many games he has played with someone? Really, it may be wrong/a mistake, but how does that make him scum? Then, DemonHybrid joins the wagon after it's already rolling full steam ahead. Then... WHAT THE BALLS, ALDY, YOU TOO!?

This wagon is bad bad bad bad bad. We would much rather see DemonHybrid's neck in some rope today. This DMSIS wagon just screams "Deadline lynch, deadline lynch, deadline lynch, deadline lynch!" and the wagon is being pushed on flimsy logic and, pardon our French,
bullshit
cases.

DMSIS is solely being pushed because he's playing like an imbecile. Newsflash, this is how he plays, and nothing he's done is outstandingly scummy. Just idiotic.
Zachrulez wrote:Anyone who's unsure or thinking of it as a policy lynch should look at 494, as it shows a clearly scummy action on Shotty's part and that action has a clear scum motivation. This isn't a policy lynch or a lynch to eliminate a VI from the game, this is a lynch on a player who has acted legitimately scummy.
Maybe we just have differing views on things, but that reads COMPLETELY like a stupid, retarded mistake due from lack of giving a fuck or lack of serious play rather than a calculated scum ploy to obscure his meta.

On a non-DMSIS related note, Untrod Tripod's post about us and Socrates strike us as... odd. He brings up the fact that the two (or is it three?) of us have had our votes on DH for a lot of the game... then goes "Eh. Maybe it means nothing. JUST POINTING IT OUT." If you have nothing to say as far as scumtell or towntell or ANYTHING regarding your reads, why just bring it up OUT OF NOWHERE and then not mention it? This is scummy. You're pointing things out, then just hoping someone else will take the bait and run with it. Explain what you find particularly scummy about our vote on DemonHybrid AND Socrates' vote on DemonHybrid. Now.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Zachrulez »

As for busing, yeah I tend to think that it's a possibility that there might be one (but not two) scum on the lynching wagon. However, most effective buses I've seen have been EARLY votes that are cast once it starts to look pretty clear that momentum is going in the direction of the lynch.

Vollkan and Socrates fit the bill for such a bus nicely. However, I'm far from sold that there was even a scum on that lynching wagon given the difficulty in actually getting that wagon going. I just don't see scum being very willing to offer up their godfather. (Given that at that time it was likely he could be "cop cleared" if enough time was bought for him.) And on busing, later voters will tend receive the most scrutiny as potential busers. The late bus vote is a well accepted theory that I don't tend to buy as having any actual merit in real game situation.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”