Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:29 am

Post by mykonian »

I forgot to say that I was on V/LA.

I'm back now :)
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:07 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

:: VoteCount 2x4 ::

Antihero (2) -
Stef, RedCoyote

MagnaofIllusion (0) -

RedCoyote (0) -

danakillsu (1) -
LynchMePls

LynchMePls (1) -
MagnaofIllusion

XScorpion (0) -

Stef (1) -
Antihero

drmyshottyizsik (1) -
Xscorpion

mykonian (2) -
danakillsu, drmyshottyizsik

Not Voting (1) -
mykonian

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Stef and Antihero have been prodded. Stef has reached the maximum allowable number of prods.
Welcome to the Network.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:55 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

RC wrote:This is ridiculous. With Antihero's last post I'm sensing a dogpile on LynchMePls. No one's even putting forth an effort to think for themselves except for dana here.
Really? A dogpile? At the point you made this post mykonian had more votes that LMP. So your statement makes ZERO sense and looks to be attempting to discredit LMP as a candidate.
RC wrote:I'm still scratching my head as to why this wasn't brought up earlier. Although this is bad, I'm trying to understand where the "very scummy" label lies. If we're going to pick on LynchMePls for flip-flopping on Jack, then why not mykonian? LynchMePls' initial jump into the game is Jack as town, and as the game begins mykonian/David are unafraid to say the same thing. As the game goes on, Jack is more or less being seen in a new light by everyone. Why doesn't this apply to LynchMePls as well?
Why are you ‘scratching your head’ about this being brought up Day 2? LMP made his flip-flop right before the Modscene was posted and Day 1 ended. I don’t see why you are so confused that I brought it up early in Day 2?

Umm … the difference in LMP’s change and mykonian’s are quite different. The ONLY indication from LMP that his opinion changed was his ‘Jack would be a good vig’ post. He called Jack Town in his initial read. He back Jack’s attack on mykonian – not something you do with a scum-read. This was late in the day.

Lastly your ‘LMP did it but so did mykonian / DP did it too’ isn’t a valid defense. If you are saying others should be attacked for the behavior then the implication is that LMP did do it and is scummy.
RC wrote:As to your whole "one person at a time" remark, LynchMePls is addressing multiple people and moving his vote around. While the case can be made that he's doing so without sincerity, I am having trouble reconciling this with some of the meta you provided. I guess I'd have to weigh it against his claim, and they'd probably balance one another out.
You aren’t thinking very clearly about my statement. I’m suggesting the LMP is doing the equivalent of Serial-Tunneling. He focuses on and votes for one player and when he moves suspicions to another the past target is dropped to never re-appear in LMP’s ISO. He’s certainly not interacting with multiple suspicions at once. Town players have every reason to revisit past suspicions.

What meta evidence have I provided again?
RC wrote:Anyways, I'm going to have to table the issue. We have to get rid of some of these players that are being allowed to coast through. LynchMePls isn't part of that group. In fact, LynchMePls' wagon is being allowed to roll along by because the mafia are trying not to rock the boat.
This is scumtastic – you are simply advocating lynching from a large pool of low-activity players as opposed to an actively scummy player. You aren’t making any effort to distinguish between the players in that pool. In a potential MYLO situation pushing off a scummy player for later only suits Mafia interest.

Please explain how LMP’s wagon is rolling along when it topped out at two people.

This is my official notice – If LMP does flip scum (as I think he will at this juncture) then RC is a great candidate for his partner. Doubly so if the travelling Vig dies tonight, since scum know exactly who to target to kill off the role before it can be passed on.
RC wrote:Like I said in that post, I think we might as well choose between the lurkers. There's definitely scum in there, and it's more advantageous than the alternative
(the alternative being Magna is scum or LynchMePls' gave a fake claim).
Emphasis added – I love the false dichotomy here. I do believe LMP made a fake-claim but the way that say that only other option is me being scum is false.
mykonian wrote:reread time. We are at mylo after all.
This makes little sense to me. If the case on LMP was ‘great’ as you stated then regardless of whether we are MYLO a lynch on scum is a good move. That you back off with such weak reasoning is bad.

And Town has NO IDEA if we are in MYLO. We don’t know if we are in a 3 or 2 scum scenario. The more I process the set-up the more inclinded I am to think this is a modified Mountainous scenario, which would make 2-10 the logical set-up. We are only in MYLO under the following scenario –

1. We don’t lynch scum.
2. The Vig kill tonight hits Town
3. We have a 3 scum team.

I don’t see any reason to not approach the day as if it is MYLO but stating outright we are in that scenario is overstating the matter.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:45 am

Post by LimMePls »

Does anyone have any idea why Jack fake claimed to try and save Stef? On rereading the game, I just don't understand why he would do that.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Stef »

Formally asking for replacement, uni starting and being in a new country is too much for me right now with my current internet commitments and clearly this is the only place I can cut back. Sorry for the inconvenience to both the mod and the players

~Replacement request noted.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Antihero »

lol Stef's OMGUS is priceless.

shotty, what's with the mykonian vote? And why do you plan on not changing it?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

@anti
I'll
unvote

for now.
You see I've been grounded for the past month so I haven't really thought about my vote much. But im ungrounded tomorow so I will catch up and post like a bitch then
#freeShotty
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by XScorpion »

I don't have time for mafia and I doubt I will for a while, so
requesting replacement

~Replacement request noted.
Last edited by kunkstar7 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by mykonian »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
mykonian wrote:reread time. We are at mylo after all.
This makes little sense to me. If the case on LMP was ‘great’ as you stated then regardless of whether we are MYLO a lynch on scum is a good move. That you back off with such weak reasoning is bad.
Lets reason that through. Why would someone who is convinced that LMP is scum unvote at such a time? Because something made him doubt his read. So, I want a reread.
And Town has NO IDEA if we are in MYLO. We don’t know if we are in a 3 or 2 scum scenario. The more I process the set-up the more inclinded I am to think this is a modified Mountainous scenario, which would make 2-10 the logical set-up. We are only in MYLO under the following scenario –

1. We don’t lynch scum.
2. The Vig kill tonight hits Town
3. We have a 3 scum team.

I don’t see any reason to not approach the day as if it is MYLO but stating outright we are in that scenario is overstating the matter.
better be save then sorry: I'm going to assume we are in mylo.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:38 am

Post by mykonian »

kunkstar7 wrote:
:: VoteCount 2x4 ::

Antihero (2) -
Stef, RedCoyote

MagnaofIllusion (0) -

RedCoyote (0) -

danakillsu (1) -
LynchMePls

LynchMePls (1) -
MagnaofIllusion

XScorpion (0) -

Stef (1) -
Antihero

drmyshottyizsik (1) -
Xscorpion

mykonian (2) -
danakillsu, drmyshottyizsik

Not Voting (1) -
mykonian

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Yeehaa, myk's reread conclusion. Thinking about RC being scum should be done tomorrow: Magna, you are wasting your time there.

I got confused by a distancing vote by Lynchme. On the moment LMP gets under serious pressure, he votes dana (well). The fact that he suddenly comes with a case on dana when he gets under pressure should have rang the alarm with me, but it didn't.
vote LMP
. You are right magna: LMP should be lynched now. Dana is next.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:16 am

Post by LimMePls »

Are you kidding me? What am I supposed to do when I'm being wagonned, stop all voting? dana's post was scummy as hell. Setting up a false dichotomy to line up his next mislynch is scumtastic. By saying "if LMP is town Myk is scum and vice versa" he was positioning for an easy mislynch tomorrow after my flip.

The suggestion of RC scum intrigues me, as I've been thinking about it all day. If RC is scum, then the mod's whole purpose for this game is pointless. The object of the game as I understood it was to test if the town could pass a vig ability amongst itself. If the scum start with the vig kill, then all it does is give the town 1 vig shot and the scum 1 vig shot.

N1: RC-scum vigs whoever he wants and passes the gun to Townie X
N2: RC-scum NKs the vig.

If RC is scum, then I think mykonian is his partner. Mykonian came out early D1 with the "whoever has the vig will be confirmed townie".
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:48 am

Post by mykonian »

no, but that was the only part that didn't make sense in your whole play. You have been quite consistent a bad townie, except then.

and Lynchme, that was exactly the scenario I found about RC-scum. I would rather not have had it public, as it sets us up for night-wifom. Scum might accidentaly hit the vig, RC-scum might shoot someone else to set us on a wrong track etc. But in any case:
we shouldn't lynch RC today
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:06 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

CSL replaces Stef.
Welcome to the Network.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:11 am

Post by CSL »

Yo. Let me catch up.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:38 am

Post by LimMePls »

@mykonian: RC, town or scum?

V/LA on weekends
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:38 am

Post by mykonian »

LynchMePls wrote:@mykonian: RC, town or scum?
If I had to pick now: town.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:42 am

XScorpion wrote:
vote: Stef
because he replaced out of our last game.
So I was rereading and this made me laugh really hard
#freeShotty
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by CSL »

dr has 10 posts the whole game. I call active lurking scum.

That, plus the fact he's a VI, I will fully back a DMSIS lynch.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Guys, I've been grounded until today so i wasn't lurking I just had no time. Plus CSL active lurking scum post alot of nothing.
#freeShotty
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by CSL »

Active lurking?

I replaced in today.

Vote: DMSIS
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Magna 552 wrote:Really? A dogpile? At the point you made this post mykonian had more votes that LMP. So your statement makes ZERO sense and looks to be attempting to discredit LMP as a candidate.
I wasn't talking about votes, was talking specifically about the discussion in town. Antihero was setting himself up as though he was ready to jump on LynchMePls out of the blue. With you and mykonian already set on course, three votes, one third of the remaining playerbase, is a formidable pact.
Magna 552 wrote:Umm … the difference in LMP’s change and mykonian’s are quite different. The ONLY indication from LMP that his opinion changed was his ‘Jack would be a good vig’ post. He called Jack Town in his initial read. He back Jack’s attack on mykonian – not something you do with a scum-read. This was late in the day.
Still seems sketchy. As town I've been known to change my opinion of people, and to call LynchMePls' initial read as, like, something that shouldn't change seems a little harsh.
Magna 552 wrote:Lastly your ‘LMP did it but so did mykonian / DP did it too’ isn’t a valid defense. If you are saying others should be attacked for the behavior then the implication is that LMP did do it and is scummy.
I'm just trying to explain why it is that it doesn't bother me quite as much as it's bothering you.
Magna 552 wrote:You aren’t thinking very clearly about my statement. I’m suggesting the LMP is doing the equivalent of Serial-Tunneling. He focuses on and votes for one player and when he moves suspicions to another the past target is dropped to never re-appear in LMP’s ISO. He’s certainly not interacting with multiple suspicions at once. Town players have every reason to revisit past suspicions.
I agree with this, although I've never heard of the term "Serial-Tunneling".

It's a decent point, but there's better lynch candidates out there at the moment.
Magna 552 wrote:What meta evidence have I provided again?
You had mentioned Castlevania Mafia.
Magna 552 wrote:This is scumtastic – you are simply advocating lynching from a large pool of low-activity players as opposed to an actively scummy player. You aren’t making any effort to distinguish between the players in that pool. In a potential MYLO situation pushing off a scummy player for later only suits Mafia interest.
Well, you're pandering to fear if you're saying that the town better follow you or we'll lose in MYLO. I seem to recall how scummy you thought David was, which didn't exactly get us in the direction we needed to go. It's completely speculation to say this could be MYLO and call me scumtastic because I'm throwing an alternative wagon up.
Magna 552 wrote:Emphasis added – I love the false dichotomy here. I do believe LMP made a fake-claim but the way that say that only other option is me being scum is false.
What's wrong with this statement? I'm saying there is scum in the group of lurkers who are taking advantage of the opportunity not to post, and you say that LynchMePls is scum. The players only have one vote... they're going to have to choose between these two options. I'm advocating we not choose between you and LynchMePls, not that either of you have specific alignments.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Post by mykonian »

CSL wrote:Active lurking?

I replaced in today.

Vote: DMSIS
shotty is a fool, CSL. With a little luck he is shot tonight. First we have to lynch scum, in the person of LMP.

Or do you think he is town?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:51 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

nopointinactingup replaces Xscorpion. Danakillsu has been prodded.
Welcome to the Network.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:32 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

Checking in and reading the thread. Hello Magna, Antihero, CSL and urg Shotty T_T.
Justice will prevail
\m/
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:37 am

Post by danakillsu »

Wow, this is the first time I've been prodded in forever. The obvious problem here is lack of voting and fractured voting.
Maybe if people stopped voting me and Stef, the latter would be solved, and maybe if everyone responded as quickly as me to their prods, the former would be solved.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”