Newbie 1012 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

raymondkurayami (3): nameloc1986, Rockerboo, bhavitgoyal
andrew94 (1): silverbullet999
DavidParker (1): Shadow Dancer
bhavitgoyal (2): DavidParker, Enigma
Rockerboo (1): andrew94

not voting: raymondkurayami
alive: 9 majority: 5

DavidParker replaces Dickov.

Rockerboo won't be replaced yet, he has PMd me and hasn't requested replacement or totally flaked.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

DavidParker replaces Dickov.
wait...
no...
OH MY GOD...
NO!

I'm running away.. I don't feel like getting unluckily (and nearly purely luckily from you) shot again... though your shot from the pistol would be wasted this time! >:O
... People were right it seems....
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

So apparently all I missed was more bickering which seems more like newb confusions than scummish behavior.

Questions:
Andrew
- Do you have a reason for keeping your vote on Rockerboo? Besides being an obvious lurker, what do you find most suspicious about him.
Raymond
- Who do you suspect the most so far? You said you be able to post more (3 days ago) so please give us your insight!
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i said all his posts were repeating itself and the posts themselves were a rip off of someone else
s idea
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:27 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

DP replayces in?! Oh damn fucking no!

vote confirmed
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:28 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

silver wrote:Your first question... and then follow up questions... conflict with eachother. You wouldn't be able to ask those other questions if I avoided your question. Thus I refute that I have avoided your second question.
If the policy truly fits (the person has lied several times for instance or has been a huge distraction) I'd be for it, unless I think they are doing it because they are a pr or my gut says otherwise. I'm not sure if policy is fitting very strong here... I just feel that andy is feigning vi now in an attempt to undermine a bad argument from the get go.
Pointing out some unspecified policy or circumstances is more saying "leave me the fuck alone" than answering the question. It exactly avoids to make clear if and under which circomstances you would policy lynch.

Any way, follow up questions:
Could you please lay down your full case against andrew again and point out how it is not based on a simple misunderstanding?
Why would you pick a policy lynch over a scum lynch when you could instead just ignore the VI/troll/whatever you consider him to be?
What makes you think Andrew was "feigning VI now"? Either he was feigning it al the time or he isn't feigning. Have you got any evidence that he is feigning?
raymondkurayami
raymondkurayami
Townie
raymondkurayami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:50 am

Post by raymondkurayami »

nameloc1986 wrote:
Raymond
- Who do you suspect the most so far? You said you be able to post more (3 days ago) so please give us your insight!
For now, I am suspecting bhavit, hes getting on my nerves.
bhavitgoyal wrote: But now I am going to Unvote and Vote:Rockerboo for waiting for other people to scumhunt and not putting his efforts in.
bhavitgoyal wrote: I decided to ISO raymond.

Raymond has posted 20 posts where he just says that it is the town's loss to lynch him, tries to divert the attention away from him and answers my questions. So I think Raymond is a mafia so VOTE: Raymond
This seems like an attempt to decide someone to lynch as mafia, then deciding to vote me as I had the majority of votes.

Interesting.
raymondkurayami
raymondkurayami
Townie
raymondkurayami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:54 am

Post by raymondkurayami »

Oh, I forgot.

Vote bhavitgoyal

Which brings him to L-2 as well
bhavitgoyal
bhavitgoyal
Townie
bhavitgoyal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:11 am

Post by bhavitgoyal »

SB and SD: Why are you showing sadness about DP replacing Dickov.
bhavitgoyal
bhavitgoyal
Townie
bhavitgoyal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:16 am

Post by bhavitgoyal »

@Raymond Your vote seems to me a kind of OMGUS vote.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:39 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Because DP is but an useless jerk. I played with him before.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:41 am

Pointing out some unspecified policy or circumstances is more saying "leave me the fuck alone" than answering the question. It exactly avoids to make clear if and under which circomstances you would policy lynch.
Umm no. If I wanted you to leave me the fuck alone... I would say "leave me the fuck alone". Your just disappointed for some reason that I don't have some strict guideline I use when things like this occur. I go with what I feel at the time, a wildcard if you will... (oh hey... my sig..)
Could you please lay down your full case against andrew again and point out how it is not based on a simple misunderstanding?
Why would you pick a policy lynch over a scum lynch when you could instead just ignore the VI/troll/whatever you consider him to be?
What makes you think Andrew was "feigning VI now"? Either he was feigning it al the time or he isn't feigning. Have you got any evidence that he is feigning?
1. No, I had already made a big post and mafia scum decided to delete it. I do not have the time nor energy to repost it again. (Look at number 3 for a small bit though)
2. Not saying a policy lynch... I think he's feigning VI now to prevent a broken case he made from being made into suspicion.
3. In his first initial attack on me he quotes my two questions to name. These two questions to name are OBVIOUS that they are to name as i quote HIM. I even fucking label him at the VERY TOP OF THE POST. When he did his summary, he says I questioned raymond?! I'm sorry but that's too much of a bs answer, I can't understand a VI being THAT much of an I. ESPECIALLY since name RESPONDS to my fucking post as well.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:42 am

SB and SD: Why are you showing sadness about DP replacing Dickov.
Oh I don't mind him I was just joking.

I just hate him for getting a bs lucky shot off me! D:<

(I still wuve you dp)
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:33 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

silverbullet999 wrote:Umm no. If I wanted you to leave me the fuck alone... I would say "leave me the fuck alone". Your just disappointed for some reason that I don't have some strict guideline I use when things like this occur. I go with what I feel at the time, a wildcard if you will... (oh hey... my sig..)
Not exactly right. I find it suspect that you try to avoid a clear stance on an extremely important point like policy lynching. Your current stance is "I just do what I want because for some reason I feel like it". Even if I do not doubt that you can hardly expect of me to follow your thoughts if you lay them down that vaguely. You could justify anything like this. It is not convincing, at best.
silver wrote:1. No, I had already made a big post and mafia scum decided to delete it. I do not have the time nor energy to repost it again. (Look at number 3 for a small bit though)
Blaming mafia scum... Of course. Use any text editor or make a memory copy from time to time (ctrl. a + ctrl. c). Referencing a post that is just not there cannnot help any one, I cannot read your thoughts through some magical needs, you have to share them using good old letters.
silver wrote:2. Not saying a policy lynch... I think he's feigning VI now to prevent a broken case he made from being made into suspicion.
You said you'd want to lynch him because he is a VI before. Now you claim you have a case, which is honestly hard to comprehend from your posts and which you decline to lay out in short again.
silver wrote:3. In his first initial attack on me he quotes my two questions to name. These two questions to name are OBVIOUS that they are to name as i quote HIM. I even fucking label him at the VERY TOP OF THE POST. When he did his summary, he says I questioned raymond?! I'm sorry but that's too much of a bs answer, I can't understand a VI being THAT much of an I. ESPECIALLY since name RESPONDS to my fucking post as well.
I still do not see where you see any more than ignorance and horribly bad play on Andrew's side.

FoS silver

I find his answers unsatisfying so far and have the feeling he is only going for an easy D1 lynch.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

EBWOP: magical needs ??!?! Should mean "magical means", I think....
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:06 am

Post by DavidParker »

Hi "friends"!

Andrew, it's g[o]dz in case you didn't realize, i've been stalking you into this game.

SB, don't be so bitter about that shot now, I was one of the few town players not lurking and who figured it out that game, I can assure you it wasn't "blind luck".

As for SD, well, I am a useless jerk :)

And, Hi enigma!

To Everyone else (strangers): Hi, I'm David Parker, relatively new to mafiascum, played lots of mafia offsite, more just for fun and messing around there though. Anyways, since i'm sure it will come up, I've fake claimed cop at least once (I think twice) in newbie games when i was a VT, i've fake claimed doctor once as well. With that said, I don't intend to do anything similar this game, as it is anti-town.

To Mod: Can you pm me my role :), i only know i got replaced into this game because I've been stalking andrew/enigma haha. I didn't actually get a pm yet saying i replaced in :)

So, for now,

Unvote

Queue: Read through.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

OMG. DP claims more heavily anti town things he's done. Lynch him already! (Note to self: And do not believe any DP claims at all...)

@DP: Yeah. And after just jerking around all the time to make sure not to share your deep insights you also made sure others wouldn't have any clue. And if that wasn't bad enough you started to buddy to Wicked on D3 to make sure it all went down the drain
that
day, just to top it all by initiating a waggon on wicked on D4. Sure, you totally had figured it out, man.
AS for this game: You better convince me soon that you have any serious intentions.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:47 am

-Smartass Shadow
Not exactly right. I find it suspect that you try to avoid a clear stance on an extremely important point like policy lynching. Your current stance is "I just do what I want because for some reason I feel like it". Even if I do not doubt that you can hardly expect of me to follow your thoughts if you lay them down that vaguely. You could justify anything like this. It is not convincing, at best.
You are contradicting yourself... this post proves the contradiction. You have moved from "I am avoiding your question" to, "I am not precise enough" or "I am too vague in my answer". You now officially accept that I have answered your question. You just don't like how I answered it.
Blaming mafia scum... Of course. Use any text editor or make a memory copy from time to time (ctrl. a + ctrl. c). Referencing a post that is just not there cannnot help any one, I cannot read your thoughts through some magical needs, you have to share them using good old letters.
Thanks for the hints! I would have never realized this magical discovery! How do I use these letters that you speak of oh wise one.
You said you'd want to lynch him because he is a VI before. Now you claim you have a case, which is honestly hard to comprehend from your posts and which you decline to lay out in short again.
Hold up now... you good sir are putting words in my mouth. PLEASE quote where I said.. I want him lynched because I think he is a VI. Also if I thought he was a VI... why would I want him lynched?
I still do not see where you see any more than ignorance and horribly bad play on Andrew's side.
So you think Andrew's actions have been genuine?
FoS silver
Right back at you bud, trying to manipulate my words is a big no no.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:50 am

-Lucky Lady DP
SB, don't be so bitter about that shot now, I was one of the few town players not lurking and who figured it out that game, I can assure you it wasn't "blind luck".
BS... dp... bulll...

I know you too well to know that is was blind luck.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by andrew94 »

zz fag dp, i thought u were 'au-deviant' since u copied his avatar.
anyways, g[o]dz fails anyway.

and silver, u better type out that case
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

silverbullet999 wrote:You are contradicting yourself... this post proves the contradiction. You have moved from "I am avoiding your question" to, "I am not precise enough" or "I am too vague in my answer". You now officially accept that I have answered your question. You just don't like how I answered it.

Obviously wrong. That you did not entirely ignore my question and adressed it some way does not in the least mean that you actually answered it.
silver wrote:Thanks for the hints! I would have never realized this magical discovery! How do I use these letters that you speak of oh wise one.
You chose an obviously dumb way to explain yourself, you get an appropriate answer. No need to be sarcastic like that.
silver wrote:Hold up now... you good sir are putting words in my mouth. PLEASE quote where I said.. I want him lynched because I think he is a VI. Also if I thought he was a VI... why would I want him lynched?
Oh, this is easy:
silver wrote:... but VI or SI... you earn this for now...

VOTE: Andy the I
silver wrote:Andy bumps to the top, I think he's an si just feigning vi now... or just a troll.

either way death to the heathen.
Just as two quick examples where you call Andrew VI and suggest that you want him lynched for that.
The VI part? I haven't done meta reading o him, yet, but as far as this game is concerned your accusation that he's making it up looks just plain artificial to me.
silver wrote:Right back at you bud, trying to manipulate my words is a big no no.
So since what you wanted to say is not what I received and that's why I was manipulating you?!
Might it be your problem that you do not present your thoughts in a clear and unmistakable way?
In this case "manipulation" would actually mean that I either control your thoughts or at least edited your posts.
What you mean is misrepresentation.
And about that: You decline to present your actual case against Andrew, you do not really explain your attitude towards policy lynches, you suggest a lynch for what seems like horrible reasons to me. You
present
very little, hence there's hardly much for me to
mis
represent so far. I am just filling the gaps.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

EBWODP:
silverbullet999 wrote:You are contradicting yourself... this post proves the contradiction. You have moved from "I am avoiding your question" to, "I am not precise enough" or "I am too vague in my answer". You now officially accept that I have answered your question. You just don't like how I answered it.
Obviously wrong. That you did not entirely ignore my question and adressed it some way does not in the least mean that you actually answered it.
silver wrote:Thanks for the hints! I would have never realized this magical discovery! How do I use these letters that you speak of oh wise one.
You chose an obviously dumb way to explain yourself, you get an appropriate answer. No need to be sarcastic like that.
silver wrote:Hold up now... you good sir are putting words in my mouth. PLEASE quote where I said.. I want him lynched because I think he is a VI. Also if I thought he was a VI... why would I want him lynched?
Oh, this is easy:
silver wrote:... but VI or SI... you earn this for now...

VOTE: Andy the I
silver wrote:Andy bumps to the top, I think he's an si just feigning vi now... or just a troll.

either way death to the heathen.
Just as two quick examples where you call Andrew VI and suggest that you want him lynched for that.
The VI part? I haven't done meta reading o him, yet, but as far as this game is concerned your accusation that he's making it up looks just plain artificial to me.
silver wrote:Right back at you bud, trying to manipulate my words is a big no no.
So since what you wanted to say is not what I received and that's why I was manipulating you?!
Might it be your problem that you do not present your thoughts in a clear and unmistakable way?
In this case "manipulation" would actually mean that I either control your thoughts or at least edited your posts.
And about that: You decline to present your actual case against Andrew, you do not really explain your attitude towards policy lynches, you suggest a lynch for what seems like horrible reasons to me. You
present
very little, hence there's hardly much for me to
mis
represent so far. I am just filling the gaps.[/quote]
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:55 pm

You are wrong, I answered it, the answer is not satisfactory to you and you could have simply said that. Instead you accuse me of avoiding the question.
Can you reread my quotes? First quote has me saying he's an I... either a VI or SI. Second quote states that I believe he is SI feigning VI. I ask again, where am I saying Andrew is a VI and that I want him lynched for that?
I'll concede to this point and say you are correct in that I chose the wrong word.
I'll point this out again
In his first initial attack on me he quotes my two questions to name. These two questions to name are OBVIOUS that they are to name as i quote HIM. I even fucking label him at the VERY TOP OF THE POST. When he did his summary, he says I questioned raymond?! I'm sorry but that's too much of a bs answer, I can't understand a VI being THAT much of an I. ESPECIALLY since name RESPONDS to my fucking post as well.
How does one make THAT much of a mistake by accident?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:18 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

- No, an answer is qualified by conveying clear and useful information.

- Your argument that he is SI feiging VI is weak at best - how do you tell those apart? How was his "name" misunderstanding scummy? Point is - you seem not really t care if he is SI or VI, you only repeatedly state he was an I of any kind and had to be lynched, regardless.

- I don't know about you, but I have seen townies do far worse mistakes.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:52 am

-Contradictory Shadow
No, an answer is qualified by conveying clear and useful information.
False, here is the definition of an answer. the speech act of replying to a question . This is what I did, you did not like the answer and I AGAIN say that you could have simply asked for more details rather than insinuating and twisting it that i'm avoiding questions. You are also again contradicting yourself as in previous post you agreed that I answered the question.
Your argument that he is SI feiging VI is weak at best - how do you tell those apart? How was his "name" misunderstanding scummy? Point is - you seem not really t care if he is SI or VI, you only repeatedly state he was an I of any kind and had to be lynched, regardless.
SI as he brings a poor case on me and then tries to refute it in an I manner that.. would be incredibly hard for anyone to believe. It's almost like texting a friend and bad-talking someone but accidentally sending it to the person you are bad-talking instead. It is fucking hard to do legitimately. I refute the point you try to make as I said in the second post that you quoted, that I believe he is an SI feigning VI. Thus regardless you contradict yourself again.
I don't know about you, but I have seen townies do far worse mistakes.
What's the point of this post? I'm voting for who I think is scum because I believe his actions have been bad in this game. What actions have occurred in this game that have been worse thus far?

Other Questions For You
-Why do you seem to be tunneling on my case anyway, you claim its a weak case, andy only has 1 vote on him thus far (no i'm not trying to downplay my vote), but you are acting like he is going to get lynched asap.
-It's starting to feel like you are saying "oh em gee silver has such a weakz case on my buddy. Imma go save my buddy so he don't go and dig a deeper hole for himself and i'll try to make silver appear scummy! Super leet plan go!"

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”