Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:20 am

Post by Nightfall »

Falcone wrote:My thoughts:

1) There's no way there are two sane cops in this game. Therefore, either Ibaesha wasn't sane (no evidence for that in her role description), Nightfall isn't sane (which would likely make Stoofer scum) or Nightfall is a lying mafia member.

2) One of Mike or Nightfall is scum. It would surprise me greatly if they were both scum though. I agree with Stewie that Nightfall has been more suspicious earlier, but that it's more important to lynch Mike if he really is a scum roleblocker. I have to say that Nightfall has been more convincing in his story than Mike. It's mostly the fact that Mike said: "Even if I'm not a pro-town blocker, that doesn't mean I'm a scum blocker", that makes me very suspicious. It seems logical to me that a mafia blocker would claim roleblocker, rather than vanilla townie. One thing that bothers me, is that I don't see why he would lie about his night choices, even if he were scum.

3) I noticed immediately what Nightfall was doing in his first post today (spelling "block" with the first letters on each line). So I don't agree with Commodore that hiding clues like that is useless if he was a real cop, because no one would find them. My first thought was that he meant he was a roleblocker himself, especially when he asked how common roleblockers are in Mini's. That's the reason why I FOS'sed him on Day 3 without giving a reason.
The reason I asked what I did about roleblockers was because, I had been roleblocked, and I was trying to do one of two things.

1. Try and get the point across that I knew there was a role blockier, since I had been blocked,
2. I was, and still am for that mater, not sure what the odds are that a roleblcoker could be a townie.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:46 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Falcone: Nope, I claimed RB because I thought it would benefit the town. There are times when lying to the town benefits the town. Seldom though they are, I considered this one. If I were a doctor then I would have claimed townie because I can still protect confirmed innocents while remaining undercover. I would have lied, I admit it, and I’m not ashamed.

Seol:
And yet you're using "evening out the sides", based on the perceived makeup of the town... to justify conclusions about the makeup of the town.
I didn’t even understand what you meant by this.

As for that context line, I knew mass claiming was inevitable, so I started it. I didn’t get ‘panicked’ or ‘jumpy’, I calmly and consciously revealed myself.

Communist Commodore:
… pull up all of mikeburnfire's posts and you'll see him throwing suspicion on Nightfall all over the place without ever voting him until it looks like Nightfall's not getting out of the lynch. He has this lovely post, which is worded just so his scum buddy Nightfall can try to give him a reason to unvote.
That's kind of a weird thing to say, isn't it? Kind of like, "Get your act together so we don't lynch you."
True, I invite people to give a defense before I condemn them.
Day two starts, and mikeburnfire doesn't go after Nightfall anymore; he just lurks for a while until something new comes up.
I blocked him and nothing happened. Sue me for not caring to press the issue.
He also has this suspicion of me... I decided I'd try to find out where this was coming from. Go ahead and pull up his posts... where does he mention me? Nowhere, except suddenly I'm on the top of his list today. Why is he suspicious of me? No reason. Really, there's no reason.
How about post 402, where you say I’m lying about my role, state that Nightfall and I are in cahoots before I get a chance to disprove him myself, proclaim that you know how many townies there are, that you know who the third mason is, and say that I’m the mafia roleblocker?

Then post 415, where you say that I claimed both too soon and not soon enough and then try to think for the town.

Nightfall, still doesn’t change the fact that you claimed to be roleblocked on the wrong night.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:19 am

Post by Nightfall »

Well I was blocked on Night 2.

Possibillities of what might have happened.

1. 1 of us is lying.

2. Someone else interfered.

A) Role Blocker: I don't think there would be another role blocker, to account for my block. Then again if there was it could mean you were blocked day 1, which is why I wasn't blocked day 1?

B) Name switcher: Very low chance, seeing as he/she would have to have targeted me and who ever you chose to block both nights.

C) Delay?: Is there such a role that would delay a night act by a night?

3. Your still making a mistake about the days

I'm more inclined to think its #1

P.S. This might make this whole post pointless but, in your last post did you say that you were a townie that claimed roleblocker? :? Because I was Roleblocked night 1 regardless.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:21 am

Post by Nightfall »

Bah, typo.

P.S. This might make this whole post pointless but, in your last post did you say that you were a townie that claimed roleblocker? Confused Because I was Roleblocked night
regardless.

That was embaressing :oops: .
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:41 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I think it's #1 too. How coincidental. Commodore, would you like to point out how I agree with Nightfall, thus making me his accompis?

Even if there is a mafia roleblocker, I sincerely doubt my roleblock got blocked on night one and you got blocked night two by somebody else. I'm not even sure a roleblock could be roleblocked.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:35 am

Post by Falcone »

Mikeburnfire wrote:Actually, CA, I was NOT the last to claim. Didn't wait for the 'mass claim'? Hell, I kicked it off. And yeah, I claimed one of the few pro-town roles that haven't been claimed. I did it because that's what I am. If I were mafia, I wouldn't be stupid enough to claim roleblocker when I was doing a perfectly good job as an ordinary townie. But I'm a firm believer in LYNCH ALL LIARS rule, so I revealed myself. I blocked Nightfall on night one because all he did when I asked for a defense was repeat himself. I blocked Stewie because he cast the final vote on the second day, after making sure only one more was needed.
Mikeburnfire wrote:I claimed roleblocker because it felt like it would benefit the town the most. I weighed the choices very carefully. If I stayed 'townie', then suspicion would pass me up and I had the chance of roleblocking a few people in the night phase. But everyone kept saying that 'any information would be beneficial to the town', so I bit the bullet and came out. And I'm glad I did, dispite what you all say, because it disproved somebody else.
Mikeburnfire wrote:Falcone: Nope, I claimed RB because I thought it would benefit the town. There are times when lying to the town benefits the town. Seldom though they are, I considered this one. If I were a doctor then I would have claimed townie because I can still protect confirmed innocents while remaining undercover. I would have lied, I admit it, and I’m not ashamed.
Could everyone please take the time to read these three quotes very carefully? First Mike says he believes in LAL, then he says there are times it's correct to lie as townie. First he says he claimed blocker because he is a blocker, then he says he claimed because "it benefits the town". He also uses a WIFOM argument when he says he could have easily stayed hidden as mafia. This proves nothing and additionally, I think townie-roleblocker is the natural claim for a scum-roleblocker. There's also a bit of craplogic in his reason for blocking Stewie N1; I'd consider it more scummy if someone placed the final vote on a townie without checking the votecount. As Stewie did it, he took implicit responsibility for his vote by acknowledging he knew it was the final one.
Commodore Amazing wrote:Nice try, Seol, jumping on Falcone's suspicion of me like that. First of all, my vote came before mikeburnfire confirmed the contradiction between him and Nightfall. I thought it was a mistake. Second, I didn't even come up with the idea of lynching the roleblocker instead of Nightfall until the post after I voted (402 vs. 406). I'd be happy to lynch mikeburnfire instead of Nightfall. Third, I didn't think the lynching committee would go for lynching the claimed roleblocker. I have very little reason to believe that mikeburnfire and Nightfall are town, but they might look at mikeburnfire as a second chance if we get the lynch wrong. In that case, I figured they'd want to go for the obvious scum: Nightfall.
Commodore, you are scum. 1) It doesn't matter that your vote came before Mike's confirmation of the contradiction between him and Nightfall. Mike had already said he blocked Nightfall N1 and Nightfall had already said he was blocked N2. The first thing you should think in that situation is: "One of them is lying", not "That must be a mistake". 2) You're flat out lying here: You already considered lynching the mafia roleblocker in post #402 3) You still leave the possibility open that both Mike and Nighfall are innocent. That's impossible for two reasons: It would make the town much too strong, and more importantly, that would make five innocents, which automatically makes you scum.

I think the scum is:
- one of Mike and Nightfall
- Commodore
- one of Seol and Stoofer

On this basis, I'll formulate the following Cunning Plan: We lynch Mike. If he's scum, Stewie vigs Commodore. If he's innocent, Stewie vigs Nightfall. Nightfall should investigate Seol.

I propose killing Mike before Nightfall because I think it's more likely that he's scum than Nightfall, and because leaving the scum-roleblocker alive could be fatal for us. I'm not 100 % certain I'm right about this, but at least we're guaranteed to still be in the game tomorrow. Oh, and as for Nightfall's investigation, I'm not putting too much faith in that, because there's still a chance he's scum, or that he's not sane, or that Seol is a godfather.

If there are no objections, I'll be voting for Mike in my next post.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:37 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

No objections. I'll happily vote for mike if the committee agrees.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:51 am

Post by Seol »

Commodore Amazing wrote:
Seol wrote:
Falcone wrote: If he knows that lynching the roleblocker is better, why doesn't he vote for him? There is no way that Nightfall and Mike are both townies, so if we are wrong about Nightfall, Mike isn't going to save us.
I can't believe I didn't notice this before. If Commodore is even
entertaining
the possibility that they're both townies - which is the only possible interpretation of that comment, other than he's misdirecting us - that means he
can't
be town.
Nice try, Seol, jumping on Falcone's suspicion of me like that. First of all, my vote came
before
mikeburnfire confirmed the contradiction between him and Nightfall. I thought it was a mistake.
Irrelevant to my point. If you were town, you would know they can't both be town too. Your quote:
Commodore Amazing, emphasis added wrote:vote: Nightfall. I'd vote for mikeburnfire since getting rid of the mafia roleblocker is better, but I know that the vig and the masons might want to keep mikeburnfire around on the off chance that
he's town and that he'll save us if we're wrong about Nightfall
If "we're wrong" about Nightfall, that means he's town. If mikeburnfire is town and Nightfall is town, that means you aren't - if you were town, then from your perspective the bolded situation would be impossible.
The path of action which you propose here only makes any sense whatsoever if you are scum
Commodore Amazing wrote:Third, I didn't think the lynching committee would go for lynching the claimed roleblocker.
So in a ridiculously tight situation, where we really can't afford to miss lynches, you propose the lynch that you think will go down well, rather than arguing for the correct play?
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:59 am

Post by Seol »

Falcone wrote:On this basis, I'll formulate the following Cunning Plan: We lynch Mike. If he's scum, Stewie vigs Commodore. If he's innocent, Stewie vigs Nightfall. Nightfall should investigate Seol.
I too approve of this plan and will happily follow Falcone's vote.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:02 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

Falcone wrote:
Commodore Amazing wrote:Nice try, Seol, jumping on Falcone's suspicion of me like that. First of all, my vote came before mikeburnfire confirmed the contradiction between him and Nightfall. I thought it was a mistake. Second, I didn't even come up with the idea of lynching the roleblocker instead of Nightfall until the post after I voted (402 vs. 406). I'd be happy to lynch mikeburnfire instead of Nightfall. Third, I didn't think the lynching committee would go for lynching the claimed roleblocker. I have very little reason to believe that mikeburnfire and Nightfall are town, but they might look at mikeburnfire as a second chance if we get the lynch wrong. In that case, I figured they'd want to go for the obvious scum: Nightfall.
Commodore, you are scum. 1) It doesn't matter that your vote came before Mike's confirmation of the contradiction between him and Nightfall. Mike had already said he blocked Nightfall N1 and Nightfall had already said he was blocked N2. The first thing you should think in that situation is: "One of them is lying", not "That must be a mistake".
I feel that everything both of them says is a lie. Once you see that, then it makes sense that it's a mistake. Last night, Nightfall and mikeburnfire got together, talked about their roleblocking / cop claiming plan, and Nightfall said, "Say that you blocked me last night because I'm going to write 'FALCONE BLOCK' or whatever." mikeburnfire misheard that or misread his PM and when he made his bogus claim, he said, "I blocked Nightfall night one" instead of what Nightfall wanted him to say - "I blocked Nightfall last night." (which would have been night two). Something like that happened. They didn't have their plan worked out right. Why do you refuse to believe that they're both scum? Stoofer gets it. Stoofer, help me out here. You've been just going along with every thing I say; put some work into this game. You're better at this than I am. Help Falcone see that it's possible that mikeburnfire and Nightfall are both scum. I know this might seem scummy to you that I'm asking this, but you can at least tell Falcone where I'm coming from.
2) You're flat out lying here: You already considered lynching the mafia roleblocker in post #402
I did consider lynching mikeburnfire here, sure. I didn't consider it because we could use the vig reason until later. That's the best reason to lynch the scum roleblocker.
3) You still leave the possibility open that both Mike and Nighfall are innocent. That's impossible for two reasons: It would make the town much too strong, and more importantly, that would make five innocents, which automatically makes you scum.
No! I'm saying I think they're both scum! When I say, "I have very little reason to believe that mikeburnfire and Nightfall are town" I mean "I have very little reason to believe that either of mikeburnfire and Nightfall are town" not "I have very little reason to believe that both mikeburnfire and Nightfall are town." I never said anything like "Nightfall and mikeburnfire are both innocent." No way.

Your plan about lynching mikeburnfire should work; I don't know why you want to vig me after that. I have
never
defended mikeburnfire here, and I
proposed
the plan to lynch the roleblocker. Even so, you'll see that I come up town, and then you ought to listen to my advice and lynch Nightfall next. Let Stoofer and Seol duke it out in the end with one of the masons.

If we lynch mikeburnfire, and he
isn't
the mafia roleblocker, what then? I think this is up to Stewie. It's possible that Seol or Stoofer or Nightfall is the scum roleblocker and mike's just using those blocks as an excuse.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:04 am

Post by d8P »

I agree. Lynching mike is the way forward, vigging NF if he turns out innocent, CA if he's scum.

This also gives us the best chances for tomorrow. If Stewie has to kill tonight, he'll be conifirmed, but the scum are more likely to kill NF (unless they *know* he's naive for example) since Stewie will no longer be able to kill.

Vote Mike

Added on preview: That was an excellent observation, Seol. It's a pity Falcone already made it :P
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:06 am

Seol wrote:
Commodore Amazing, emphasis added wrote:vote: Nightfall. I'd vote for mikeburnfire since getting rid of the mafia roleblocker is better, but I know that the vig and the masons might want to keep mikeburnfire around on the off chance that
If "we're wrong" about Nightfall, that means he's town. If mikeburnfire is town and Nightfall is town, that means you aren't - if you were town, then from your perspective the bolded situation would be impossible.
The path of action which you propose here only makes any sense whatsoever if you are scum
SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM
Seol wrote:
Commodore Amazing, emphasis added wrote:vote: Nightfall. I'd vote for mikeburnfire since getting rid of the mafia roleblocker is better, but I know that
the vig and the masons might want to keep mikeburnfire around
on the off chance that
I am saying that from the perspective of the lynching committee, not from my perspective. You know that. You lying scumbag. No need to listen to Seol for the rest of the game.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:07 am

Post by Seol »

d8P wrote:Added on preview: That was an excellent observation, Seol. It's a pity Falcone already made it :P
Yeah, I know. I was about to make it at work, but had to go get my train home, and hadn't caught up with the thread before I posted that post. :(

vote: Mike.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:07 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I find it ironic that everyone used the "Mike and Nightfall are in cahoots" logic to get me killed, and now suddenly if one of us is scum, the other's not. At least I can find solice in my death knowing that I lost my first game on Mafiascum due to town incompetence.

Maybe after you have Stewie vigkill Nightfall, you'll get the next two lynches perfect and be able to rub it in my face. Until then, you can all go to New Jersey.

d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:07 am

Post by d8P »

Heh. Simulpost, and I guess it's obvious that I think NF isn't scum but mike is :)
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:08 am

d8P wrote:Added on preview: That was an excellent observation, Seol. It's a pity Falcone already made it :P
No, it isn't. It really isn't. This isn't even one of the times I made a mistake. I clearly said it's from your perspective, not mine. Go ahead and vig me if mikeburnfire's scum, as long as you promise to take out Nightfall and Seol next. We should be exploring the possibility that Mr Stoofer's laughing his ass off at me frantically trying to keep myself alive, not misinterpreting my posts.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:09 am

Post by Nightfall »

Seol wrote:
Falcone wrote:On this basis, I'll formulate the following Cunning Plan: We lynch Mike. If he's scum, Stewie vigs Commodore. If he's innocent, Stewie vigs Nightfall. Nightfall should investigate Seol.
I too will agree with this, but I have to raise the question, but what if I am insane? What if Seol is town and Stoofer is Mafia, and I get reversed results?
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:12 am

Post by d8P »

Investigating Seol will give us the most info, Nightfall regardless of your sanity or comepetence. We need more to interpret it. How we deal with that info is another matter. I doubt you'll live to tell us, anyway.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:12 am

mikeburnfire wrote:I find it ironic that everyone used the "Mike and Nightfall are in cahoots" logic to get me killed, and now suddenly if one of us is scum, the other's not. At least I can find solice in my death knowing that I lost my first game on Mafiascum due to town incompetence.

Maybe after you have Stewie vigkill Nightfall, you'll get the next two lynches perfect and be able to rub it in my face. Until then, you can all go to New Jersey.
One last effort to separate himself from Nightfall, anotehr chance ot make me look like scum. He should KNOW that if he dies, the game is over, since we've figured there's probably a scum doc or vig. If we're wrong about mike, Stewie, please vig Seol or Nightfall or Stoofer; one of the three at random to throw off a scum doc.

unvote: Nightfall, vote: mikeburnfire

Re: The Nightfall plan.
It doesn't matter. He's scum.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:14 am

Commodore Amazing wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:I find it ironic that everyone used the "Mike and Nightfall are in cahoots" logic to get me killed, and now suddenly if one of us is scum, the other's not. At least I can find solice in my death knowing that I lost my first game on Mafiascum due to town incompetence.

One last effort to separate himself from Nightfall, anotehr chance ot make me look like scum. He should KNOW that if he dies, the game is over, since we've figured there's probably a scum doc or roleblocker. If we're wrong about mike, Stewie, please vig Seol or Nightfall or Stoofer; one of the three at random to throw off a scum doc.

unvote: Nightfall, vote: mikeburnfire

Re: The Nightfall plan.
It doesn't matter. He's scum.
Fixed, before you go calling me scum again or something.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:16 am

Post by Seol »

Nightfall wrote:
Seol wrote:
I too will agree with this, but I have to raise the question, but what if I am insane? What if Seol is town and Stoofer is Mafia, and I get reversed results?
We'd still win. If you're alive, that's because Mike is dead scum and Commodore is dead scum. One town death overnight would leave five people in the town, one of whom is bad. We could then afford a mislynch - unless, that is, you're lying scum...

:?
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:17 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

How many votes out of how many are on me now?

Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:22 am

Post by Nightfall »

Seol > Okay, Thx,I got it now.
CA> Did you change something in that quote?
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:23 am

Post by Nightfall »

Three, I think.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:25 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I'm beginning to come round to the possibility of Commodore as scum. The last time he said something like this...[quote=Commodore Amazing], help me out here. You've been just going along with every thing I say; put some work into this game. You're better at this than I am. Help Falcone see that it's possible that mikeburnfire and Nightfall are both scum. I know this might seem scummy to you that I'm asking this, but you can at least tell Falcone where I'm coming from.[/quote]
...was in massive's Mini, where I was defending him and he turned out to be scum. You're right Commodore, I do find it scummy.

I may be being a sap [yet again] but I don't see the scumminess in ... :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”