Mini 1062 - The Lies of Locke Lamora (game over!)

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 1062 - The Lies of Locke Lamora (game over!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

The Lies of Locke Lamora

Mod: Locke Lamora

Back-up: CallMeLiam

Reviewed by: mykonian and CallMeLiam

Chapter 1 - News of the Traitors

It was the eighth hour of another hot morning in the month of Parthis and Camorr was beginning to spring into life. Merchants poled their boats slowly around the Shifting Market, already calling and coaxing passers-by into sampling their wares. On Coin-Kisser's Row, the money-lenders, traders and speculators prepared for another frenzied day that was mere commonplace in Camorr's financial circles. Across the city, pickpockets and thieves were already scoping out targets, identifying tourists and merchants who would prove to be rich and easy pickings. And up in Raven's Reach, the tallest of the Five Towers, Duke Nicovante, ruler of Camorr, was having a troubling conversation.

“So, Officer Piccari, you mean to tell me that someone is plotting to take control of Camorr?” asked the Duke, glaring at the officer who had been dispatched to bring him the news.

“Well...um...that is to say...yes, my Duke,” stammered the terrified Piccari, shifting uncomfortably from foot to foot.

“And you have failed to identify these traitors?” continued the Duke, a stern edge coming into his voice.

“Thus far we...ah...we have been...unable to do so, my Duke.”

“Unacceptable!” roared Nicovante. “Can you at least tell me something of this threat?” Piccari stood in silence for several seconds, mouth moving soundlessly until the Duke seized a book from his table.

“We...we know they're hiding in Camorr!” he cried, holding up an arm to shield himself. The Duke stared at him incredulously.

“Of course they're hiding in Camorr, you imbecile! They wouldn't be doing a very good job of overthrowing me if they were trying to do it from Tal fucking Verrar, would they?” Nicovante began to pace the room, trying to diminish his apoplexy a little in order to think more clearly. Piccari stood uncomfortably in silence, waiting for further instruction, until the Duke finally stopped pacing and fixed him with an icy stare.

“What...are your orders?” ventured Piccari cautiously.

“These traitors must be hiding amongst the people, Piccari. Someone must have noticed something, heard something, they may be receiving help from a Camorri. They might even be Camorri.”

“What are you saying, my Duke?”

“Order a hanging. Not just on Penance Day, every day. Let the people know that there are traitors in their midst and the Duke requires their help to protect Camorr. They must choose who hangs from the Black Bridge.”

“The people? But, my Duke...”

“Enough, Piccari! The people of Camorr should wish to protect their city and I have great faith in their ability to flush out the traitors. Besides,” he added with a half-smile, “Fear and self-preservation are powerful motivations.”

“As...as you wish, my Duke. The arrangements will be made.” Piccari saluted and turned on his heel, striding out of the Duke's study. The Duke walked over to the window and looked out over the streets and canals of Camorr, hundreds of feet below.

“This is my city,” he declared to the sprawl of Camorr. “You won't be able to hide forever.”

Spoiler:
Ruling Camorr (3/12)
don_johnson
Skyquiem
The Grey King, Anatolius-Aligned Wraithstone Godfather
, won in endgame.
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
The Falconer, Anatolius-Aligned Manipulative Bondsmage
, won in endgame.
ThAdmiral,
Cheryn & Raiza Berangias, Anatolius-Aligned Strongwomen
, won in endgame.

At the mercy of the Twelve - or Thirteenth (8/12)
palmertrou,
The Thiefmaker, Camorr-Aligned Location Blocker,
hung from the Black Bridge D1.
MacavityLock,
Locke Lamora, Camorr-Aligned False-Facing Finder
, stabbed to death in the Temple District N1.
a2rudeboy,
Jessaline D'Aubert, Camorr-Aligned Black Alchemist
, hung from the Black Bridge D2.
charter
MichelSableheart
Jean Tannen, Camorr-Aligned Bulletproof Vigilante
, stabbed to death in the Five Towers N2.
Parama,
Bug, Camorr-Aligned Lookout
hung from the Black Bridge D3.
Coach Travis,
Capa Vencarlo Barsavi, Camorr-Aligned Threshold Changer
, killed in endgame.
jenniwren,
The Spider, Camorr-Aligned Inquisitive Jailkeeper
, killed in endgame
Furcolow,
Dona Sofia Salvara, Camorr-Aligned Bewitching Beauty
, killed in endgame

Gentled (1/12)
Benmage, Calo Sanza, ?????, gentled by Wraithstone in the Temple District D2.
Last edited by Locke Lamora on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 13 times in total.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Rules

General

1. Keep it civil (or as civil as you can when you're trying to kill each other :P). Don't resort to personal attacks and insults.
2. No talking about the game anywhere other the game thread, unless I have explicitly stated otherwise.
3. No quoting your role PM or any other communication with me. You may paraphrase if necessary.
4. Any of the above may be punished by a modkill and your status changed to neutral survivor, at my discretion.
5. If you have any queries, think I've made a mistake or there's anything else you need clarifying, post in bold in the thread or PM me.

Voting, lynching and deadlines

1. Days will have fixed 2-week deadlines.
2. Votes must be bolded and in the form
Vote: Locke Lamora
. You may vote No Lynch in the same way.
3. Unvotes are not required but are appreciated.
4. A lynch will occur at n/2 + 1 vote then rounded down, where n is the number of players currently alive. Once a lynch is achieved, votes may not be changed.
5. No majority at deadline means no lynch.
6. Once a majority has been reached, the game enters twilight until I post the end of day scene and lock the thread. You may continue to talk during twilight.

Night

1. Nights will have 48-hour deadlines. Actions not submitted by the deadline will not be performed. You may change your choice of action as many times as you wish, providing you submit your new choice before the deadline.
2. Night actions will be determined by Natural Action Resolution.

Activity and Replacements

1. A post is expected every 48 hours. If you do not post in that time, you will be prodded. I reserve the right to force-replace you after three prods.
2. If you are going to be V/LA for longer than 48 hours, please declare it in the thread in bold. If you have V/LA declared in your sig, please direct me to it by declaring it in the thread. If you wish to declare V/LA at night, PM me.
3. Extensions may be granted in particular circumstances, such as for replacements close to deadline. In that situation, this would be in the form of a 48-hour extension from the time the replacement enters the game. Nights may also be extended to find replacements.

Game-Specific

1. Roles can have active and passive abilities. Active abilities are those which require a choice from a player to perform. Passive abilities will resolve without any involvement from a player.
2. Each character in this game will have a location at which they are based. Some actions will require travelling to different locations in Camorr.
3. Finally, don't forget that this is Camorr; many of its inhabitants may have the ability to manipulate or deceive. Although this game is based on the book, I am making no guarantees that everything will match the book precisely. Make flavour and role-based assumptions at your own risk!

Locations

The following locations may or may not be the base locations of roles in the game. All of the locations in use in the game are present in the following.

1. Alcegrante
2. The Cauldron
3. Coin-Kisser's Row
4. The Five Towers
5. Fountain Bend
6. Shades Hill
7. The Snare
8. The Temple District
9. The Wooden Waste

Sample Role PM

Welcome to Camorr. You are
Duke Nicovante
, ruler of Camorr. The news of traitors in the city has enraged you and you have ordered the people to select a candidate for hanging each day, in the hope of discovering those who wish to control your city.

Active Abilities:
Duke's Decree - you're the most powerful person in Camorr, so you can tell the people to do whatever you want, whenever you want; much like you just did, in fact.

You win when all threats to Camorr are eliminated.
Thanks

All credit for the flavour in this game must go to Scott Lynch, who wrote this fantastic book.
Last edited by Locke Lamora on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:50 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

All role PMs have been sent out. Once 11/12 people have confirmed, I will open the thread and the game will begin.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Chapter 2 - The Search Begins

Officer Piccari stood with a group of his fellow yellowjackets and nervously eyed the crowd amassed in front of the Palace of Patience. Thousands of faces stared back at him and he was worried that not a single one was going to like what they were about to hear.

"Sir, do I have to make the announcement? Wouldn't it sound better coming from someone more...senior?" His superior laughed and shook his head.

"Do you think I'm mad, Piccari? I'm not telling these people that they've got to start hanging each other. You got the order from the Duke, we assembled the people, now you get to tell them." Piccari sighed, then turned and stepped up onto the podium and raised a hand to signify that the announcement was about to begin.

"People of Camorr!" he cried. "I bring a declaration from Duke Nicovante!" He unrolled the parchment he had with him and cleared his throat. "Troubling news has reached us of traitors in the city." Murmurs broke out in the crowd, Piccari waiting until full attention was back on him before continuing. "The Duke is aware of their presence and efforts to apprehend them are already well under way. However, the Duke needs your assistance. We believe that the traitors are hiding amongst the good people of Camorr. We suspect that they may be getting help from Camorri, or even be Camorri." The murmurs grew to a loud babble; already Piccari could see people eyeing neighbours and friends suspiciously. Piccari's commanding officer stepped forward.

"ORDER!" he yelled, in an impressively authoritative fashion. To Piccari's surprise, the people mostly quietened down and turned to listen again.

"In order to help your magnificent Duke," Piccari continued, not looking up to see if anyone had rolled their eyes, "we would like you to help him discover the traitors by identifying candidates for a public hanging. Keep your eyes and ears open and, if you note suspicious activity alerting you to the presence of the traitors, put their names forward and the City Watch will deal with them. Whoever has been identified as the most likely traitor will be hung from the Black Bridge at Falselight. Thankyou for your time." As the babble of voices turned to a cacophony of shouting and screaming, Piccari seized the parchment and half-ran off the podium, back into the security of the Palace of Patience, not waiting to see what manner of chaos had broken out behind him. The Duke's plan was underway; Piccari just hoped that it would actually help them catch the traitors and not just lead to innocent Camorri getting hung.

It is now D1. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, October 12th at 9 AM GMT.

Robbnva has not picked up his role PM and I am looking for a replacement.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:00 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

ThAdmiral replaces Robbnva.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

"Locke Lamora's rule of thumb was this - a good confidence game took three months to plan, three weeks to rehearse, and three seconds to win or lose the victim's trust forever. This time around, he planned to spend those three seconds getting strangled."
Chapter One - The Don Salvara Game

Vote Count 1!

Coach Travis - 2 (jenniwren, Furcolow)
jenniwren - 1 (Coach Travis)
MacavityLock - 1 (ThAdmiral)
Furcolow - 1 (Parama)
Benmage - 1 (Debonair Danny DiPietro)
ThAdmiral - 1 (MacavityLock)
Debonair Danny DiPietro - 2 (palmertrou, Benmage)
Parama - 1 (Skyquiem)

Not voting - 2 (a2rudeboy, MichelSableheart)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:31 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

"Because, Locke Lamora, some day you're going to dine with barons and counts and dukes. You're going to dine with merchants and admirals and generals and ladies of every sort! And when you do...' Chains put two fingers under Locke's chin and tilted the boy's head up so they were eye to eye. 'When you do, those poor idiots won't have any idea that they're really dining with a thief."
Interlude - Locke Stays For Dinner

Vote Count 2!

palmertrou - 2 (MichelSableheart, Coach Travis)
Skyquiem - 2 (MacavityLock, jenniwren)
Debonair Danny DiPietro - 1 (Benmage)
jenniwren - 1 (Parama)
MacavityLock - 1 (ThAdmiral)
Benmage - 1 (Debonair Danny DiPietro)
Parama - 1 (Skyquiem)
a2rudeboy - 1 (Furcolow)

Not voting - 2 (a2rudeboy, palmertrou)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, October 12th.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I have done an activity check and ThAdmiral has been prodded. Everyone else has posted in the last 48 hours.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:07 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

The Last Mistake was a sort of monument to the failure of human artifice at critical moments; its walls were covered in a bewildering variety of souvenirs, each one telling a visual tale that ended with the verdict 'Not quite good enough.'
Interlude - The Last Mistake

Vote Count 3!

palmertrou - 3 (MichelSableheart, Coach Travis, Debonair Danny DiPietro)
Skyquiem - 3 (MacavityLock, jenniwren, Furcolow)
MacavityLock - 2 (ThAdmiral, Skyquiem)

Not voting - 2 (a2rudeboy, palmertrou, Parama)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, October 12th. ThAdmiral has not picked up his prod and I am now searching for a replacement.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

a2rudeboy has been prodded. I believe Benmage, Coach Travis and jenniwren are on the bubble, but I will treat the weekend as 24 hours so they are not due one until tonight.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

a2rudeboy has picked up his prod but not posted. If he has not done so by tomorrow morning then I will find a replacement. Coach Travis, jenniwren, MacavityLock and Skyquiem have all been prodded. Deadline is in one week.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

"Some day, Locke Lamora," he said, "some day, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee. And I just hope that I’m still around to see it."
"Oh please," said Locke, "it’ll never happen".

Vote Count 4!

palmertrou - 4 (MichelSableheart, Coach Travis, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Furcolow)
Skyquiem - 3 (MacavityLock, Furcolow, Parama)

Not voting - 3 (a2rudeboy, jenniwren, palmertrou)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, October 12th.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Everyone has posted in the last 48 hours. Whether they've posted any content or not is for you to deal with.

A note for all: I'm moving house this week and the big stuff is today and tomorrow so my access will be restricted. I should still be able to get online tomorrow to do a VC/respond to anything else I get. If my access is going to be more restricted than I expected then I'll give CML a heads up and he should be able to step in for a couple of days, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:29 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Skyquiem has requested replacement. a2rudeboy, jenniwren, Parama and ThAdmiral have all been prodded. Several people are already in danger of obtaining three prods.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

As I'm not going to get internet installed in my new house until Thursday, I think the deadline extension request is an excellent idea :P

Deadline officially extended to Thursday, October 14th at 5:00PM GMT. I'll get to everything else now.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

"Embarrass me? Jean, you misunderstand." Maranzalla swiped idly at the air with the toy rapier, the let it drop with a clatter to the stones of the courtyard. "Those prancing little pants-wetters come here to learn the colorful and gentlemanly art of fencing, with its many sporting limitations and its proscriptions against dishonorable engagements. You on the other hand, you are going to learn how to kill men with a sword."
Interlude - Brat Masterpieces

Vote Count 5!

palmertrou - 3 (MichelSableheart, Coach Travis, Debonair Danny DiPietro)
Skyquiem - 1 (Parama)
Furcolow - 1 (palmertrou)
a2rudeboy - 1 (Benmage)

Not voting - 4 (a2rudeboy, jenniwren, Furcolow, MacavityLock)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is Thursday, October 14th. Still searching for a Skyquiem replacement.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Skyquiem has resolved her access problems and will be replacing back in. Vote count coming up. I will definitely have internet by the day of the deadline but access is likely to be impossible tomorrow, so if a lynch does go through or anyone has any queries, bear with me and I'll be back to full access to address everything on Thursday.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

"'The only person who gets away with Locke Lamora games…'
'…is Locke…'
'…because we think the gods are saving him up for a really big death. Something with knives and hot irons…'
'…and fifty thousand cheering spectators.'"
Calo & Galdo Sanza

Vote Count 6!

palmertrou - 6 (MichelSableheart, Coach Travis, Debonair Danny DiPietro, MacavityLock, a2rudeboy, Furcolow)
a2rudeboy - 2 (Benmage, ThAdmiral)
MacavityLock - 1 (ThAdmiral, Skyquiem)
Skyquiem - 1 (Parama)
Furcolow - 1 (palmertrou)

Not voting - 1 (jenniwren)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is Thursday, October 14th.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:50 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

There has been something of a fiasco with connecting my internet. The provider in question assures me it will be done on Monday. In any case, I'm going to quickly get the lynch done and I'll come back with flavour etc. when I have more time.

Vote Count 7!

palmertrou - 7 (MichelSableheart, Coach Travis, Debonair Danny DiPietro, MacavityLock, a2rudeboy, Furcolow, jenniwren)

a2rudeboy - 3 (Benmage, ThAdmiral, palmertrou)
Furcolow - 2 (Skyquiem, Parama)

Palmertrou has been lynched! Lynch scene forthcoming.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:52 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

[insert flavour text here]

palmertrou,
The Thiefmaker, Camorr-Aligned Location Blocker,
has been lynched D1.

It is now N1! All actions to me by Monday at 6:00PM GMT.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Chapter 4 - First Strike from the Traitors

As the sun rose on Camorr on yet another scorchingly hot day, the nervous inhabitants of Camorr were already beginning to eye each other with ever-greater levels of suspicion. Reports of even more fights than usual at the Last Mistake were accompanied by the more uncommon news that a banquet in Alcegrante had turned nasty, with noble accusing noble. The orphans of Shades' Hill had started to run wild, directionless with the loss of their master, with the yellowjackets left the unenviable task of trying to gather them up before they did too much damage. In the Temple District, two particularly unfit members of the City Watch were pursuing a gang of several orphans who had the audacity to steal a few cinnamon-lemons from right under their noses. As they rounded a corner, panting heavily, they nearly fell over the group of kids, who had stopped in their tracks.

"Ha! Not so hard to catch after all, you little fuckers!" declared one triumphantly. His glee turned to horror as the orphans parted to reveal the body of a young man sprawled across the cobbles, deep gashes riddling the corpse, with his drying blood darkening the stones. Sticking out of the centre of the corpse's chest was a bloody knife, pinning a piece of paper to his body. It simply read 'CAMORR WILL BE OURS'.

"Wait a minute...I know him! That's Locke Lamora! He's a priest of Perelandro!" cried the other yellowjacket.

"Nicovante is not going to like this," muttered the first as they both stared at the corpse, wondering just how much unrest was going to be caused by this death. First blood had gone to the traitors and the Duke did not like to be taunted. By Falselight of that day, another citizen was going to be swinging from the Black Bridge.

MacavityLock,
Locke Lamora, Camorr-Aligned False-Facing Finder
, stabbed to death in the Temple District N1.

It is now D2! With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Monday, November 1st at 8:00PM GMT.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:37 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

It is said in Camorr that the difference between honest and dishonest commerce is that when an honest man or woman of business ruins someone, they don't have the courtesy to cut their throat to finish the affair.
Interlude: The White Iron Conjurers

Vote Count 8!

a2rudeboy - 3 (Debonair Danny DiPietro, Benmage, Coach Travis)
jenniwren - 2 (Parama, MichelSableheart)

Not voting - 5 (a2rudeboy, Furcolow, jenniwren, Skyquiem, ThAdmiral)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Monday, November 1st.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

'Your moral education's over.' Jean stared up into the sky as the dockside receded and Bug took them out into the canal's heart. 'Now you're going to learn a thing or two about war.'
Chapter Ten - Teeth Lessons

Vote Count 9!

a2rudeboy - 3 (Debonair Danny DiPietro, Benmage, Coach Travis)
jenniwren - 2 (Parama, MichelSableheart)

Not voting - 5 (a2rudeboy, jenniwren, Skyquiem, ThAdmiral, Furcolow)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Monday, November 1st. Skyquiem has been prodded.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Michel Sableheart has requested replacement. Skyquiem has not picked up her prod, so I'm also getting a replacement for her. Hopefully I have two lined up already. I have an interview today so I need to prepare for that, but I'll be back later to do an activity check and a VC if necessary.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:16 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Charter replaces MichelSableheart. Still waiting on a reply from my other reserve replacement.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

'You're all liars,' said Locke as their eyes turned expectantly to him. 'We're only doing this because nobody else in Camorr is good enough to pull this off, and nobody else is dumb enough to get stuck doing it in the first place.'
Chapter Eight - The Funeral Cask

Vote Count 10!

a2rudeboy - 6 (Debonair Danny DiPietro, Benmage, Coach Travis, Furcolow, ThAdmiral, Parama)
jenniwren - 1 (MichelSableheart)

Not voting - 3 (a2rudeboy, jenniwren, Skyquiem)

a2rudeboy has been lynched! Lynch scene forthcoming.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Chapter 5 - Death of an Alchemist

In the Palace of Patience, Officer Piccari was sorting through the endless reams of reports and claimed sightings of 'traitors' that had been arriving in a near-continuous stream since the Duke had made his decree. As he tossed aside a useless statement taken from a woman who had seen a man 'walking suspiciously' on Coin-Kisser's Row, he became aware of a clamour of voices. As the noise increased, it became apparent that a group was approaching the palace, and a rather agitated group at that. Piccari hurried over to the window, flung open the shutters and peered out, to be met by a deafening wall of noise.

"We've caught one!"

"Hang them!"

"Death to the traitor!" At the front of the group, a woman had her hands bound and she was being roughly manhandled as she vainly tried to escape the grasp of the mob.

"What are you doing?" Piccari yelled back at them. "It's the middle of the day! Falselight isn't for hours!" The crowd stared back at him, non-plussed, before a huge bearded man shouted up at the window.

"You mean we're supposed to wait to lynch traitors now? Make your bloody mind up!" Piccari considered this and sighed. At the rate the Camorri were going, half the city would be hung by the end of the week. He just hoped this time they'd caught one of the traitors.

-------------

Several hours later, as Falselight swept over the city and the Eldren towers began to give off their eerie alien glow, Piccari stood with a group of his fellow yellowjackets as the Duke stood on the platform ahead of him. The woman the mob had brought in earlier stood with a noose around her neck, hair dishevelled and face dirty, a mixture of defiance and fear showing in her expression as she faced the Duke.

"Jessaline D'Aubert!" declared the Duke extravagantly. "You have been charged with the heinous crime of treason, the punishment for which shall be hanging! Do you have any final words?" Jessaline stared grimly at the Duke and then turned her glare on the crowds gathered below.

"I'm a loyal Camorri and I've been trying to help you! All this hanging is madness! Do you hear me? Madness!" Nicovante shook his head and signalled to one of the Masters of the Ropes, then turned and strode off the platform as a hushed silence fell over the crowd. The Master took Jessaline to the edge of the platform, waited a moment, then ruthlessly pushed her over the side. The crack from below signified that her neck had broken instantly; a quick death at least, thought Piccari. He had spoken with the woman and found it very hard to believe her a traitor, but the Duke would have none of it once he discovered her alchemy. Piccari feared that before long, Nicovante might not have any citizens left to protect.

Meanwhile, across Camorr, Calo Sanza was making his way back to the Temple of Perelandro. Already reeling from the death of Locke, he was now struggling to cope with the news that Jessaline had been delivered to the City Watch by the mob and named a traitor. He had known and liked Jessaline; she was no traitor and he had no desire to see her hang. As he approached the steps of the temple, a remarkable sight met his eyes. A large gold and glass sculpture, shaped like a pyramid and marked with the crest of Camorr, sat in front of the steps. Inside, alchemical lights changed colour, orange to green to blue to white, then back to orange, all illuminating the statue with a captivating glow. Calo walked up to the statue and peered in at the shifting light, marvelling at the craftmanship, wondering where it had come from. Suddenly, he backed away, eyes wide with shock...

...and then it exploded, white smoke billowing out from inside the sculpture, encapsulating Calo in a cloud and rising into the sky. When Calo stepped out a less than a minute later, his eyes were milky white and dead, staring blankly out into space. That was all it took for the Wraithstone to destroy his mind.

a2rudeboy,
Jessaline D'Aubert, Camorr-Aligned Black Alchemist
, hung from the Black Bridge D2.

Benmage, Calo Sanza, ?????, gentled by Wraithstone in the Temple District D2.

It is now N2! As it's the weekend, deadline for night actions is Monday, 25th October at 8:00PM GMT.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

don_johnson replaces Skyquiem. Day will be starting shortly.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Chapter 6 - The Towers Under Threat

Duke Nicovante awoke in the middle of the night in a foul mood. His attempts to see the traitors hung had come up short and the yellowjackets were having an increasingly hard time controlling the mob. Camorr was slipping out of his control and into chaos.

"Enough is enough!" he shouted to the empty room. He would double the efforts to catch the traitors, put more officers on the streets, have people turfed out of their homes...anything it took to find who was plotting against him. Leave the traitors nowhere to hide and - the sound of frenzied shouting and boots thudding on the cobbled streets below dragged him away from his train of thoughts.

"What in the name of the Twelve is going on?" roared Nicovante, throwing on his robe and furiously striding out of the door. His rage was so apparent that the mechanical lift attendant did not even utter a word when he asked to be taken down to the street. He fumed all the way down the side of Raven's Reach, outraged that anyone would dare to disturb he, Nicovante, in his own home. As he peered out of the lift, he saw a group of guards gathered around something, all conferring frantically. The clang of the lift hitting the ground jarred them out of their conversation and drew their gaze to the Duke, who menacingly stalked over to the group.

"What is the meaning of this?" roared the Duke. "Have you imbeciles failed to keep the peace even outside Raven's Reach now?"

"My...my Duke..." stammered a voice he recognised. The officer who stepped forwards was familiar to him and Nicovante searched for a name.

"Officer...Piccari, wasn't it?" Piccari nodded cautiously, as though the confirmation might be the last thing he did. "Perhaps you can tell me why I'M BEING DISTURBED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?!" Piccari blinked and stepped back, then looked around at the other guards.

"Well...I'm not precisely sure how to put this delicately...um..." Piccari hesitated, then gestured at the gathered yellowjackets to step back. As they slowly did so, Nicovante's gaze fell upon what their view had been blocking. A bulky, muscular man lay on the floor, arms and legs sprawled loosely about him where he had fallen, body peppered with crimson stab wounds. A hatchet lay on either side; obviously custom-made weapons, the sharp blades balanced with heavy balls at the base. Once again, a knife pinned a note to his chest; this time it simply read 'Soon, Nicovante'. His blood still trickled from the holes punched in his body, trickling through the cracks between the cobbles.

"This...this happened recently?" the Duke half-asked, staring incredulously at the body.

"We believe so," gulped Piccari, already anticipating the next question.

"But...how? Here? Now? Did anybody see them?"

"Ah...well...not as far as we know, my Duke." Piccari cowered at the Duke's venomous glance before Nicovante switched his gaze back to the body.

"You must catch them soon," he said quietly. "If they can kill here..." he tailed off, leaving the meaning obvious. Piccari nodded and saluted, then hastily marched away; the other guards began making preparations for removing the body. The Duke continued to stare at the dead man's face. A mix of anger and fear had flooded his senses as soon as he saw the body, but one detail was causing him particular disquiet; it seemed as though the dead man's gaze was fixed upon the spire of Raven's Reach.

charter,
Jean Tannen, Camorr-Aligned Bulletproof Vigilante
, stabbed to death in the Five Towers N2.

It is now D3! With 7 'alive', it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, November 9th at 9:00AM GMT.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

"Nice bird, arsehole."
Locke, to the Falconer.

Vote Count 11!

Jenniwren - 1 (Parama)

Not voting - 6 (Coach Travis, Debonair Danny DiPietro, don_johnson, jenniwren, Furcolow, ThAdmiral)

With 7 'alive', it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, November 9th.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (isolation #30) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:16 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

"'Keep hitting,' Locke spluttered. 'You just keep hitting. I can take it all day. You just keep . . . hitting me . . . until . . . Jean gets back!'"
Interlude - The Half-Crown War

Vote Count 12!

ThAdmiral - 1 (Parama)
Coach Travis - 1 (Debonair Danny DiPietro)

Not voting - 5 (Coach Travis, don_johnson, jenniwren, ThAdmiral, Furcolow)

With 7 'alive', it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, November 9th.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (isolation #31) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

"'Steals too much,' the Eyeless Priest mused. 'Steals too much. Of all the complaints I never thought I'd hear from a man who trains little thieves for a living.'
'Laugh now,' the Thiefmaker said, 'here's the kicker.'"
Prologue - The Boy Who Stole Too Much

Vote Count 13!

ThAdmiral - 1 (Parama)
Parama - 1 (ThAdmiral)

Not voting - 4 (Coach Travis, don_johnson, jenniwren, Furcolow)

With 7 'alive', it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, November 9th at 9:00AM GMT, which is just under 72 hours away.

Debonair Danny DiPietro has been prodded.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (isolation #32) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

"'Interesting. How have you done all this, I wonder? Why does the Death Goddess scorn to snuff you like a candle? I wish I knew.'"
The Grey King to Locke
Chapter 16 - Justice is Red

Vote Count 14!

Parama - 2 (ThAdmiral, don_johnson)
ThAdmiral - 1 (Parama)

Not voting - 3 (Coach Travis, jenniwren, Furcolow)

With 7 'alive', it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, November 9th at 9:00AM GMT, which is just over 25 hours away. You can see a countdown here.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (isolation #33) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

"'So you see - you are bound by an oath of blood to my service. My tooth has tasted of your life, and your life is mine. So let us not be strangers, Locke Lamora. Let us be capa and pezon, as the Crooked Warden intended.'"
Capa Barsavi
Interlude - The Last Mistake

Vote Count 15!

Parama - 3 (ThAdmiral, don_johnson, Coach Travis)
Coach Travis - 2 (Debonair Danny DiPietro, jenniwren)
ThAdmiral - 1 (Parama)

Not voting - 1 (Furcolow)

Parama has been lynched! Lynch scene forthcoming.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (isolation #34) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Chapter 7 - The Capa's Last Mistake

Piccari stood with a group of other yellowjackets, assembled in front of the Black Bridge as the desperate mob jostled and shoved each other in front of them. The strange Elderglass structures and spires were beginning to glow around them as the day came to an end, and above him the Duke stepped forward, sweeping his arms wide with a grandiose gesture.

'People of Camorr!' he cried. 'Have you brought me the traitors?' Below him the oblivious crowd continued to shout and shove, yelling accusations and pointing fingers at each other.

'It's no use,' sighed Dona Vorchenza next to him. 'If my Midnighters couldn't find them...' she trailed off despondently, staring out at the chaos below them. Hearing footsteps, she glanced to her side to see Dona Salvara approaching.

'Angiavesta? Can't something be done? Surely the traitors have been found by now?'

'I wish I could say that they had, Sofia, but...is that Barsavi?' Dona Vorchenza's attention had been seized by the sight of an imposing figure striding through the crowd below them, flanked by a number of Camorr's Right People. Capa Barsavi created his own path through the horde, citizens scrambling to get out of his way. His sons Anjais and Pachero followed, as did his daughter Nazca, spiked boots sending almost as many people running as the sight of her father. Behind them were Cheryn and Raiza Berangias, expert contrarequialla and Barsavi's personal bodyguards, and they were followed by some of Barsavi's most trusted crew leaders. Walking right up to Piccari and his group of yellowjackets, Barsavi turned and nodded to two of his entourage, who stepped forward, dragging a small boy between them.

'You want traitors? I've brought you a traitor!' declared Barsavi, seizing the boy by the scruff of the neck and flinging him into the grasp of one of the yellowjackets.

'I'm no traitor!' protested Bug, squirming in the watchman's grip. 'You've been had, Capa!'

'With all due respect, Capa, the Duke's decree was for all of the people to put someone forward, not to mention...well...this is just a boy...' stated Piccari, his voice growing quieter as Barsavi shot him a look of thunder, before he turned and looked up at Nicovante.

'Nicovante!' roared Barsavi. 'My people tell me this boy has been helping the traitors! Let's see him hang!' Piccari looked up expectantly at the Duke, unable to contain his horror when the Duke nodded his approval.

A few minutes later Bug was on the bridge, neck in a noose, with one of the Masters of the Ropes waiting for Nicovante's word. The crowd had finally stopped bickering amongst each other and had turned to watch; those who could stomach the sight of a young boy being hung, in any case. As Dona Vorchenza looked out over the crowd, one figure standing near the front caught her eye; he was looking at her, not the boy. He was young, with fuzzy peach-coloured hair, and he wore a strange glove on his hand...

Looking up at Dona Vorchenza, the Falconer smiled the smallest of smiles and took the piece of paper out of his pocket, along with a pen. Swiftly but smoothly, he wrote 'Sofia Salvara' across the paper and looked back up, turning his attention to the blonde-haired beauty standing next to the Spider.

'Showtime,' he muttered under his breath.

'Sofia?' said Dona Vorchenza. 'Does that man look strange to you? Sofia?' A gasp escaped the Spider's lips as she felt the blade slide into her back. She looked down and saw Sofia's hand grip her shoulder as she forced the blade further into her back. 'You?' she managed to croak weakly before Sofia pulled the blade out and she collapsed forwards to the edge of the bridge. The last thing she saw before her vision faded to black was the black lines tattooed on the arm of the young man. A Bondsmage.

Vencarlo Barsavi was one of the first to realise that something was wrong when he caught sight of the bloody blade glinting in Sofia Salvara's hand.

'Crooked Warden! She's working with the traitors! Cheryn! Raiza! We need to get up there!' The Capa started forwards but soon stopped when he realised the sisters were not following him. Turning back, he saw Cheryn standing in front of him with her arms folded. 'Cheryn? What are you doing? Where's...' A gurgle escaped his throat as the knife slashed across his jugular and Raiza kicked him forwards to the floor, blood gushing unstoppably onto the cobbled streets. The Capa was dead before he could be aware of Cheryn and Raiza ruthlessly and efficiently killing the rest of his entourage.

Nicovante had given the signal for the hanging and let Bug swing before he even realised what was going on behind him. As he turned he saw total chaos; Dona Salvara was being taken to the floor by three yellowjackets, four other nobles including Dona Vorchenza dead on the floor around her. As one of the yellowjackets stood up, a hawk swooped in and bit into his neck, bringing an anguished scream from the guard. Below in the crowd, more thieves seemed to have sprung out of nowhere and had surrounded the people, penning them in.

'Barsavi betrayed me...? murmurmed the Duke, unbelieving. As he searched frantically for Barsavi, Nicovante spotted the Berangias twins...butchering Nazca Barsavi. Confusion spread across his face, turning to surprise as a figure abruptly appeared in front of him, seemingly out of nowhere. Dressed flamboyantly in grey, the man smiled and put his hand to a sword.

'If only you could see your face,' he laughed. 'Avram Anatolius sends his regards.' The blade made a wet, sucking noise as it punched through his chest and out through the other side. 'You killed my parents. Now I'm taking your city.' Nicovante frantically searched for breath and found none, the searing pain in his chest overwhelming him as he went into shock. The Grey King swiftly withdrew his blade and let Nicovante fall to the floor, life rushing away in moments. The plan had been executed to perfection; now Luciano Anatolius would rule Camorr.

Parama,
Bug, Camorr-Aligned Lookout
hung from the Black Bridge D3.

Coach Travis,
Capa Vencarlo Barsavi, Camorr-Aligned Threshold Changer
, jenniwren,
The Spider, Camorr-Aligned Inquisitive Jailkeeper
and Furcolow,
Dona Sofia Salvara, Camorr-Aligned Bewitching Beauty
have been killed in endgame!

don_johnson,
The Grey King, Anatolius-Aligned Wraithstone Godfather
, Debonair Danny DiPietro,
The Falconer, Anatolius-Aligned Manipulative Bondsmage
and ThAdmiral,
Cheryn & Raiza Berangias, Anatolius-Aligned Strongwomen
have gained control of Camorr! Scum win!

Roles and actions to come when I get the chance. Any feedback on the setup appreciated - it was quite complicated role-wise so balance was a concern of mine!

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (isolation #35) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Ok, here are all the assigned roles and role PMs:

Roles

MacavityLock - Locke Lamora
MichelSableheart/charter - Jean Tannen
Benmage - Calo Sanza
Parama - Bug
palmertrou - The Thiefmaker
a2rudeboy - Jessaline d'Aubert
Coach Travis - Capa Barsavi
jenniwren - The Spider
Furcolow - Dona Salvara
Skyquiem/don_johnson - The Grey King
Debonair Danny DiPietro - The Falconer
ThAdmiral - Cheryn & Raiza

Role PMs:

MacavityLock:
Locke Lamora
, the Thorn of Camorr, master of deception and disguise. You and your band of thieves, The Gentlemen Bastards, are believed to be just one of many ordinary gangs of thieves operating on the streets of Camorr. In reality, you have been running incredibly lucrative confidence games to relieve the nobles of Camorr of their substantial wealth, much to their embarrassment. Now, however, an incredibly dangerous threat to the city and your friends has emerged and you need to use your unique abilities to stop it.

Active Abilities:
Find Jean - once each day/night phase you may PM me the name of a player and I will tell you if they are your best friend, Jean Tannen. If you manage to locate Jean, you will be able to communicate freely with him throughout the day. You may also obtain other benefits.
The Lies of Locke Lamora - once each day/night phase you may choose to send me a message to relay to any of the other players, posing as any character you choose. You may not reveal your own true identity or ability, but it may include any other information, true or false, that you wish to relay. The message must be a maximum of 50 words.

Passive Abilities:
Disguise - as you have spent your life deceiving people about your true identity, any efforts made by other players in this game to discover it will fail.
Loyalty - if your associates die, you may attempt to avenge their deaths.

Location: your base of operations is the Temple of Perelandro, in the Temple District.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: If Jean, Calo and Bug all die, Locke will obtain a vengeance kill.

MichelSableheart:
Jean Tannen
, member of the Gentlemen Bastards and a a man who is extremely proficient with a variety of weapons. Your bulky physique belies your deadly skills, particularly with your dual hatchets, the Wicked Sisters. After years of tricking the nobles of Camorr out of their money, you now find yourself caught up in events that threaten the security of your city and the well-being of your friends.

Active Abilities:
Wicked Sisters - your hatchets are about the deadliest weapons around, but you're not the kind of guy who just goes round killing people. At night, you may send me the name of a player to attack. If you target a player who has made a kill, you will kill them.

Passive Abilities:
Self-defence - let's face it, no-one's going to take you on in a fight at full strength. You are immune to one kill attempt. This does not include lynches.

Location: your base of operations is the Temple of Perelandro, in the Temple District.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: once Locke finds Jean, they become day-masons with the joint ability to remove the tongue and fingers of the Falconer, rendering him powerless. They will obviously be informed that the Falconer is in the game upon meeting each other. This is effectively a treestumping. Jean's passive protection will turn into an active ability, giving him the option to protect Locke from one kill.

Benmage:
Calo Sanza
, member of the Gentlemen Bastards, twin brother to Galdo Sanza and experienced false-facer. You like nothing more than helping to relieve nobles of their fortunes, but right now Camorr's in danger and for once a con isn't the only thing on your mind.

Active Abilities:
Steal - thievery is what you do best and you might be able to figure out something to Camorr's advantage. Each night, you may PM me the name of a player to rob. You may receive something that gives you an indication of their role or alignment.

Mod notes: Calo is unable to steal from Locke, the Grey King and the Spider. Calo's ability will return items as follows:

Locke - nothing.
Jean - a pair of hatchets.
Bug - an 'Orphan's Twist', a kind of minature cosh packed with hot pepper.
The Thiefmaker - a collection of purses.
Jessaline - some potion bottles.
Capa Barsavi - a shark's tooth.
The Spider - nothing.
Dona Salvara - nothing
The Gray King - nothing.
The Falconer - a leather gauntlet with talon marks.
Cheryn & Raiza - an array of knives.

Parama:
Bug
, member of the Gentlemen Bastards and their favoured lookout. As the youngest and smallest member, spying on targets by scaling tall buildings or hiding in tight spots is your area of expertise. You've also become adept at fleeing from the City Watch, armed with your 'Orphan's Twist' cosh in case any of them get too close. Now there's a threat to Camorr's safety and you just hope the Gentlemen Bastards will all survive.

Active Abilities:
Lookout - each night, you may send me a PM choosing one of the areas of Camorr in which to station yourself. You will be given information on who visits the location you have chosen.

Please confirm via PM.
palmertrou:
The Thiefmaker
, a particularly entrepreneurial member of the Camorri underworld operating out of the graveyard of Shades' Hill. For years you have been taking in the orphans of Camorr and turning them into expert sneak-thieves, selling them on to the many gangs when they got older. Your band of orphans travel all over Camorr stealing from locals and visitors alike, although to avoid violating the Secret Peace, they never steal from nobles. The news of someone threatening Camorr's harmony is unwelcome and you're keeping your ear to the ground to find out more.

Active Abilities:
Orphan Swarm - each night you may PM me the name of an area to send your band of orphan thieves. They should deter any unlawful activity that was going to take place in the area.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: a map or list of the areas of Camorr will be provided for the Thiefmaker and Bug's abilities. Areas where characters live will be as follows:
Temple District - Locke, Jean, Calo, Bug
Fountain Bend - Jessaline
The Cauldron - The Falconer
The Snare - Capa Barsavi, the Berangias Sisters
Alcegrante - Dona Salvara, The Grey King
The Five Towers - The Spider
In the nightkill flavour, the area in which a character was killed will be revealed, enabling Bug to ascertain whether the kill was made in the area he was watching. Bug will spot characters who visit any of these areas who do not normally live there e.g. if Jessaline takes a potion to Capa Barsavi, Bug will spot her in the Snare. Bug will not spot any of the characters who do not travel, although he may see associated signs; a statue being delivered if the Grey King uses his Wraithstone ability, for example, or orphans if the Thiefmaker sends them to the area Bug is watching.

The Thiefmaker's orphans will deter any action from taking place in an area where a character is targeted, including kills.The character who is blocked will be informed that 'Upon reaching your location, you encounter a large band of orphans running around. Deciding it is too risky to continue, you return home.' The Grey King will be informed much the same, but his statue-deliverers will relay the information instead. The Thiefmaker cannot block Shades Hill.

Coach Travis:
Capa Vencarlo Barsavi
, leader of the Camorri underworld for over twenty years. You have bound the
garristas
of all the gangs to you by blood, using your enchanted shark's tooth. Now the thieves of Camorr all pay their dues to you on a regular basis and you maintain the Secret Peace, an arrangement with Duke Nicovante by which the thieves do not target the nobles and the Duke's men do not bother the thieves. Now that Camorr is under threat, it's your responsibility to ensure your livelihood and the thieves are protected.

Active Abilities:
Capa's Favour - your word carries more weight in Camorr than any bar Duke Nicovante, and more than it among the thieves. At any time during the day, you may PM me the name of a player and extend or reduce their lynch threshold by 1. This ability may only be used once in the game. You may not do this once a lynch has occurred.

Location: your headquarters are situated in the old ship known as the Floating Grave, in the Snare.

Please confirm via PM.
a2rudeboy
Jessaline d'Aubert
, black apothecary and alchemist. For years you have been supplying members of the Camorri underworld with a variety of potions and concoctions to achieve all kinds of deceptions and schemes. You might not be a Bondsmage, but your unique brand of medicine can be just as effective when used the right way. This trouble in Camorr is bad for business; perhaps you can help to end it.

Active Abilities:
Black Alchemy - you have been experimenting in your workshop and have at your disposal a range of different coloured potions: red, blue, green, purple and black. Each day you may PM me with a choice of potion to give to your daughter Jannelaine to study and she will note down her findings. If you decide it is prudent to use, you may give it to a player that night.

Location: your apothecary is in the upmarket district of Fountain Bend.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: each potion has a different effect and will be accompanied by a different set of 'notes':
Red - acts as an aphrodisiac, making a player feel amorous towards anyone who visits them that night; the player will receive a message to that effect. "It's rich and fiery, looks the colour of blood!"
Blue - makes a player drowsy, meaning they sleep in and are unable to post for the first 72 hours of the next game day. "Smells soothing and relaxing."
Green - gives a player lots of energy and vitality, helping them to evade a kill attempt. "Definitely looks healthy, could be a nice pick-me-up!"
Purple - makes a player violently sick and unable to perform any actions that night. "Don't know if I would drink this, the mixture looks very cloudy."
Black - removes the 'gentling' effect of the Grey King's Wraithstone ability, returning that player to the game. "I couldn't fathom this one out, so I gave it to the gentled packhorse and it was cured!"

jenniwren:
Welcome to Camorr. You are Dona Angiavesta Vorchenza, secretly known as
The Spider
. Although everyone knows you as one of the best-respected and most powerful nobles in Camorr, very few know you are the head of Duke Nicovante's secret police force, the Midnighters. With the city's peace under threat, your extensive resources might be the only way Camorr can survive.

Active Abilities:
The Midnighters - you have the authority to command the Midnighters to do as you will. During the day, you may PM me the name of a player for the Midnighters to bring in for questioning, as well as a question to ask them. That player will be held in your custody overnight.

Passive Abilities:
Disguise - as you have spent your life deceiving people about your true identity, any efforts made by other players in this game to discover it will fail.

Location: you live in the Amberglass Tower, one of the Five Towers.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: anyone targeted by The Spider will be informed at the beginning of night that they have been brought in for questioning and asked the question provided. They will be unable to perform any action and scum will be also be unable to communicate with their partners.

Furcolow:
Dona Sofia Salvara
, expert alchemical botanist and wife of Don Lorenzo Salvara. You are incredibly adept at working with plants and you travel in some of the highest social circles of Camorr. You are also known as being a strikingly beautiful woman and are not afraid to use that to your advantage. The rumours of trouble in Camorr have been concerning you and you'd like to help Duke Nicovante keep the city as safe as possible.

Passive Abilities:
Bewitching Beauty - your looks do not go unnoticed by many of the men of Camorr, who are unable to resist you. Of course, you'd never go further than a look or a smile, but even those are enough to distract. If you are visited at night by a man who admires your beauty, they will be unable to perform an action.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: mostly a red herring here; Calo is the only character who will be 'bewitched' by the Dona's beauty, so he will fail to steal any items from her.

Skyquiem:
Welcome to Camorr. You are Luciano Anatolius, better known as the
Grey King
. Twenty-two years ago, your father Avram was murdered by Vencarlo Barsavi as he threatened to expose the Secret Peace. You and your two sisters, Cheryn and Raiza, escaped and have now returned to exact your revenge over Barsavi and the nobles of Camorr. With the help of a Bondsmage, the Falconer, you plan to kill Barsavi and shatter the nobility, establishing your own rule over the city's underworld.

Active Abilities:
Wraithstone - you have in your possession the deadly substance Wraithstone, which can 'gentle' any living creature, effectively rendering them incapable of independent thought, an effect which has no known cure. At night you may deliver a Wraithstone statue to any player which will explode at twilight of the next day-night phase, rendering them mindless. You may only use this once in the game.
Kill - each night, you may communicate with your associates here and one of you may PM me the name of a player to kill.

Passive Abilities:

Location: to further aid your infiltration of the Camorri nobility, you have taken residence in a mansion in Alcegrante.

The following role is safe to claim:
Don Lorenzo Salvara
, a well-respected member of the Camorri nobility and husband to the renowned alchemical botanist, Sofia Salvara. The rumours of trouble in Camorr have been concerning you and you'd like to help Duke Nicovante keep the city as safe as possible.

You win when you have achieved your revenge and seized control of Camorr, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: Wraithstone will not fully remove a player from the game; instead their role (but not alignment) will be revealed and they will be left in limbo, free for the Falconer to manipulate if he wishes. This again will be a kind of treestumping but can be reversed with Jessaline's black potion.

ThAdmiral:
Cheryn & Raiza Berangias
, apparently loyal servants of Capa Barsavi but in reality sisters to Luciano Anatolius, the Grey King. Seeking revenge for your father's death at the hands of Barsavi, you returned to Camorr 8 years ago and infiltrated Barsavi's organisation, becoming his most trusted bodyguards and exceptional 'contrarequialla', establishing yourselves as some of the finest fighters in the city. Now that your brother has returned, your goal is to help him take revenge and seize control of Camorr.

Active Abilities:
Dual Strike - when you work together, it is incredibly hard for anyone to stop you. If you submit a kill, you may choose to split up and attack from different sides, allowing you to bypass anything that stands in your way. This ability can only be used once.
Kill - each night, you may communicate with your associates here and one of you may PM me the name of a player to kill.

Location: you spend most of your time with Capa Barsavi at the Floating Grave, in the Snare.

Galdo Sanza
, member of the Gentlemen Bastards, twin brother to Calo Sanza and experienced false-facer. You like nothing more than helping to relieve nobles of their fortunes, but right now Camorr's in danger and for once a con isn't the only thing on your mind.

You win when you have achieved your revenge and seized control of Camorr, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: the Berangias sisters can bypass Jean's and Jessaline's protection, but not the Thiefmaker's orphans.

Debonair Danny DiPietro:
Welcome to Camorr. You are the
Falconer
, a Bondsmage of Karthain. As a member of the Bondsmagi, your powers of sorcery are available to all…at a very high price. The Grey King has taken you into his service and plans to utilise your abilities to help him gain revenge over Vencarlo Barsavi and the nobles of Camorr. Accompanied constantly by your hawk, Vestris, your powers of manipulation are second to none.

Active Abilities:
Compulsion - once in the game, you may PM me the name of a player and a role name. If the role name matches that of the player, you will receive a list of their active abilities and be able to control an action of your choice. This includes their vote. As over-use of this power may lead to your discovery, you may only use your chosen ability once.

Location: you are hiding out in a deserted area of the Cauldron.

Stephen Reynart
, known by most as Dona Angiavesta Vorchenza's secretary. Secretly, she is known as the Spider, commanding the secret police force called the Midnighters, of which you are the leader. Now that a major threat to the security of Camorr has emerged, you must use your resources to protect the city.

Location: you live in the Amberglass Tower, one of the Five Towers.

You win when the Grey King has achieved his revenge and seized control of Camorr, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: as Locke Lamora is not Locke's real name, the Falconer's ability is useless when used on him, even if the Falconer correctly identifies Locke.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #36) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:24 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Actions:

D1:
MacavityLock uses 'The Lies of Locke Lamora' ability to send a message to DDD.
a2rudeboy uses 'Black Alchemy' ability and selects the black potion for examination (Result: 'I couldn't fathom this one out, so I gave it to the gentled packhorse and it was cured!'.
jenniwren uses 'The Midnighters' ability to bring Parama in for questioning (Success).

N1:
MacavityLock uses 'Find Jean' ability to target Benmage (Fails, killed/Benmage not Jean).
Benmage uses 'Steal' ability on MichelSableheart (Result: a pair of hatchets).
Parama replies to jenniwren's question.
a2rudeboy does not use a potion.
ThAdmiral kills MacavityLock (Success).
Skyquiem uses 'Wraithstone' ability on Benmage (Success).

D2:
a2rudeboy uses 'Black Alchemy' ability and selects the purple potion for examination (Fails, lynched).
jenniwren uses 'The Midnighters' ability to bring charter in for questioning (Success).

N2:
Parama uses 'Lookout' ability in the Snare (Result: no visitors).
charter does not respond to jenniwren's question.
ThAdmiral uses 'Dual Strike' ability to kill charter (Success).

D3:
DDD uses 'Compulsion' ability by identifying Furcolow as Dona Sofia Salvara (Success, receives one-shot use of Furcolow's vote).
Coach Travis uses 'Capa's Favour' ability to lower Parama's lynch threshold (Success).

General mod notes on the game:

Virtually all of the actions in this game helped out the scum, from the lynches to the night targets. Jean was town's most powerful role and the Locke/Jean combo really boosted town's chances, so the mafia choice of targets was excellent.

The a2rudeboy lynch was terrible and really hurt town's chances. If he had been allowed to live, he probably would have been able to bring Benmage back straight away and nullify the Wraithstone ability.

Skyquiem looked like being the most likely scumteam member to get lynched for a long time. ThAdmiral and DDD both did a great job of staying off the radar, and DDD gets scum MVP for me. He was under almost no suspicion and he had the game completely under control. The only thing that hindered them on D3 was, as he said, Sky's return and then disappearance, leaving them no time to plan their strategy. He also astutely noticed that town didn't know their role descriptions (e.g. False-Facing Finder), avoiding the scumslip of ThAdmiral fakeclaiming whilst including one. I felt a bit bad about Sky's inactivity and replacement but in the end I think it just made victory a bit more difficult for scum so it wasn't really unfair on town. DJ did a good job of coming in at LyLo and helping his teammates to win.

I was surprised that Compulsion didn't actually play a part. When I originally did the setup for CML and myko to review, they both pointed out that this was an incredibly powerful scum ability. I think if anything, I ended up overpowering the town because of how strongly they reacted to that. In hindsight I think I might have toned down the town's powers a bit and made Compulsion unable to manipulate votes, although it obviously didn't get used to win the game as we expected it would when we were in the set-up phase. Benmage was still able to be manipulated by the ability, so if DDD had chosen to use it there, he could have achieved the 4 votes that way. I didn't make that information available to scum, though.

I was worrying a bit about the fakeclaims at the end because of how people reacted to Reynart, although as someone pointed out, Jessaline is just as minor a character (in fact, she's more minor than Reynart is as she only appears on about 2 or 3 pages). If I was doing it again, I probably would have made a slightly more prominent character be a fakeclaim, or made the scumteam less obvious than the Grey King, Falconer and Berangias twins. By the way, for everyone who said Reynart was spelt wrong, is that how it's spelt in the American version? In my version Reynart is the correct spelling.

Finally, thanks to everyone for playing, to myko for reviewing and to CML for reviewing, backup modding and generally being around to provide handy advice. It was my first theme and I've been thinking about it for ages, so I'm glad it went well and that people enjoyed it.

Oh, and I will be running
Red Seas Under Red Skies
at some point in the future, so look out for that if you liked this one!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”