Mini 1057: Unsubsidized Mafia (Game Over!)

Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

jimfinn wrote:Checking in to say I'm here, working on developing reads, but I'm just getting the feeling everyone else is as confused as I am so far, and I can't say I feel that confident in any of my reads so far. I'm slightly suspicious of redtail for his refusal to vote with his case, yet seeming relatively sure of it, but that's about it.
K. Please, keep us updated on your thoughts.
View my new PC gaming blog at: http://poorpcgamer.blogspot.com
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@jimfinn - if you're uncertain of your reads you ought to sheep me and vote Far_Cry, I'm a brilliant and unique snowflake.
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

Thor665 wrote:@jimfinn - if you're uncertain of your reads you ought to sheep me and vote Far_Cry, I'm a brilliant and unique snowflake.
Wow, you really pushing the envelope. You are telling everybody to vote for me. Why is that?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Because I want to get a wagon on you. I'd think that's pretty obvious.

Quite frankly, at this point, if anyone else was willing to make a case and grow a set and say 'yar, me haerties, 'ere be scum!' I'd probably hop onto that action in a second. Instead we have a wagon with 2 votes (1 for 'revenge' and the other from jimfinn, he who has no opinions), and a whole bunch of single votes kinda sitting there looking at everyone and wondering why the day is going nowhere fast. Well, I've got an express ticket to Actionville, USA, and it's called bloody well getting a wagon rolling when somebody has announced a scumtell and no one else has.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by singersigner »

Far_Cry wrote:I'm not sure yet what to think of DemonHybrid's argument against redtail. I agree with him that it's quite pointless for redtail to also attack me for my hyprocrisy, as its somewhat redundant. However, you seem to be making a big deal over it. Why does this one action make him so inherently scummy?

@singersigner: Not understanding what you said about "...you have to give the a legitimate reason for why it's ok for YOU to do something, and not them." And what exactly do you mean by this?

And your comments on Nexus: I never said he MUST be scum. You need to stop putting words in my mouth. I said in SUSPICIOUS of him, but have not quite said he is scum. That's why I refrained from putting out a vote. I'm not sure what to think of Nexus quite yet. And how can I figure out his meta when he's played only one game? Not only that, he played that game as town, and might just have a completely different style playing as non-townie. Therefore, I see no reason why I had to look at his meta.
You should probably look up the definition of hypocrite, then. As far as Nexus goes...I'm saying it doesn't look like he has a completely different style of playing as anything. It's just what he's been doing so far on this site. What you jumped down his throat for was a null tell because it's becoming a pattern.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Tell you what, Far_Cry - how about you pick someone, make a case on them, and then I'll unvote you and support your case for a while. Won't that be exciting?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@singersinger - why aren't you voting yet? How about you promise to come along with me and Far_Cry on a wacky buddy comedy road trip involving sheep, beer, and a bus of Hungarian nuns in bikinis once he makes a case?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by singersigner »

Thor, stop being dumb. I see no reason why there needs to be a wagon before everyone's contributed, unless there's been an absolute, 100% scumslip, which Far_Cry has not done IMO. And don't recruit me like a little weasel. You're starting to remind me of a player I reeeaaally don't like.

I like tomatoes.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Perhaps I am being dumb.

But I do think running up a wagon will actually generate this magical contribution from everyone you're hoping for. Everyone in the game has posted at least once, what sort of contribution do you expect them to have? If it's votes well...let's get some vote movement. And if it's commenting on actions well...let's give them something to comment on.

How do you suggest we get the other players more involved?
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

singersigner wrote:
Far_Cry wrote:I'm not sure yet what to think of DemonHybrid's argument against redtail. I agree with him that it's quite pointless for redtail to also attack me for my hyprocrisy, as its somewhat redundant. However, you seem to be making a big deal over it. Why does this one action make him so inherently scummy?

@singersigner: Not understanding what you said about "...you have to give the a legitimate reason for why it's ok for YOU to do something, and not them." And what exactly do you mean by this?

And your comments on Nexus: I never said he MUST be scum. You need to stop putting words in my mouth. I said in SUSPICIOUS of him, but have not quite said he is scum. That's why I refrained from putting out a vote. I'm not sure what to think of Nexus quite yet. And how can I figure out his meta when he's played only one game? Not only that, he played that game as town, and might just have a completely different style playing as non-townie. Therefore, I see no reason why I had to look at his meta.
You should probably look up the definition of hypocrite, then. As far as Nexus goes...I'm saying it doesn't look like he has a completely different style of playing as anything. It's just what he's been doing so far on this site. What you jumped down his throat for was a null tell because it's becoming a pattern.
So has he only played one other game (with you on the site.)
singersigner wrote:Thor, stop being dumb. I see no reason why there needs to be a wagon before everyone's contributed, unless there's been an absolute, 100% scumslip, which Far_Cry has not done IMO. And don't recruit me like a little weasel. You're starting to remind me of a player I reeeaaally don't like.
Yes, that's true, but you must admit it's kind of funny.
Thor665 wrote:Perhaps I am being dumb.

But I do think running up a wagon will actually generate this magical contribution from everyone you're hoping for. Everyone in the game has posted at least once, what sort of contribution do you expect them to have? If it's votes well...let's get some vote movement. And if it's commenting on actions well...let's give them something to comment on.

How do you suggest we get the other players more involved?
I think the players themselves need to get themselves involved. It's up to them whether or not they actually want to contribute. I don't see much we can do.

And as for getting a case on everyone, I'm still doing some analysis. Sorry for my indecisiveness; I'm just having difficulty getting a read on some people.
Andrigan
Andrigan
Goon
Andrigan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Andrigan »

nhammen wrote:
Andrigan wrote:
redtail896 wrote: Andrigan: What do you think of Thor?
I was initially worried that he might be scum trying to quickly implant many small seeds of suspicion about people and let them run their course (against innocent townies). However, he has followed up on many of those seeds (instead of deflecting and planting more) which leads me to believe that instead he is planting traps for scum to fall into, rather than deliberately planing seeds of suspicion against townies.
So very true. But why are you drawing attention to someone else's traps? If you identify them, shouldn't you let them lie hidden, to see if they catch someone? Also, why were you looking for traps in the first place?
Well, I didn't specify the traps I was referring to. But I will mention some that have already sprung since there is nothing to spoil anymore, namely the one in which he tried to get an early wagon going during RVS. I don't really see it as a problem to mention them if the traps are already out in the open for people to see (and Thor already admitted himself that he was searching for newb scum).

In response to your next question, I am looking for traps because the way I find scum is a mixture of town-hunting plus scum-hunting. If I can identify town like behavior, then I will be less suspicious overall of that person, unless shown otherwise. This narrows down my choices to select for scum (again assuming nothing else changes).
Devon
Devon
Townie
Devon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by Devon »

Just checking in again quickly...since people have been mentioning me or whatever I said earlier. I won't post or make a decision on my vote until Saturday. I have a very long day ahead of me today (gotta pull an all-nighter to study for a quiz, attend 4 classes, meet with a personal trainer, and then perhaps meet with friends to eat dinner or go to a fair). I don't want you guys to think that I either have zero interest or am just ignoring whatever people say lol. This week just hasn't been good for me. If you have any question or want any action from me, you will get an response from me on Saturday.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:52 am

Post by Chevre »

Vote Count 4

(2) DemonHybrid (Devon, jimfinn)
(1) Far_Cry (Thor665)
(1) redtail896 (DemonHybrid)
(1) Jack (Nexus)

(6) Not Voting (Far_Cry, Jack, nhammen, redtail896, singersigner, Andrigan)

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch!
The deadline is
October 8th

There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

Devon wrote:Just checking in again quickly...since people have been mentioning me or whatever I said earlier. I won't post or make a decision on my vote until Saturday. I have a very long day ahead of me today (gotta pull an all-nighter to study for a quiz, attend 4 classes, meet with a personal trainer, and then perhaps meet with friends to eat dinner or go to a fair). I don't want you guys to think that I either have zero interest or am just ignoring whatever people say lol. This week just hasn't been good for me. If you have any question or want any action from me, you will get an response from me on Saturday.
When you are free on Saturday, I would like to see a town list from you.

And good luck on your quizzes :-)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Hey...Far_Cry...remember that 'hypocrisy' thing from a page or so back?
Far_Cry wrote:And as for getting a case on everyone, I'm still doing some analysis. Sorry for my indecisiveness; I'm just having difficulty getting a read on some people.
You're doing it wrong.
Or a scum list.
Or, y'know, anything.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by singersigner »

Thor665 wrote:Hey...Far_Cry...remember that 'hypocrisy' thing from a page or so back?
Far_Cry wrote:And as for getting a case on everyone, I'm still doing some analysis. Sorry for my indecisiveness; I'm just having difficulty getting a read on some people.
You're doing it wrong.
Or a scum list.
Or, y'know, anything.
No. You're just asking him to set up people for NKs and lynch targets during the day. Anyone who posts lists of "least townie to most townie," or anything likewise, will instantly be on my bad side, for doing the work of scum for them.

I like tomatoes.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

Thor665 wrote:How do you suggest we get the other players more involved?
@singersinger - since apparently we cannot discuss who is scum or who is town - please address this question.

If you don't then I will make a town list and doom us all.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:50 am

Post by jimfinn »

I do believe in scum lists/town lists, but not on page 6. Once you get real reads, it's a good idea. If every player in the game makes a list as such, we can use the patterns as flips come through and really learn a lot.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

@jimfinn - what are your thoughts on singersinger not wanting me to ask Far_Cry for a town list or scum list while at the same time she apparently has no issues with Far_Cry asking the same from Devon?
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:41 am

Post by redtail896 »

Sorry for my absence. Been thinking and watching the game.

@DH: In making plenty of posts after Thor harped on him, Far Cry neglected to do the thing that Thor had accused him of not doing. That's the point I was making. Also, I still don't consider it a "wild" or "weird" argument, and you haven't really explained why it is.

@All: I am generally cautious with my vote, especially on D1. Look at my meta (embarrassing though it is).

@jimfinn: I'd like to hear more, especially about these reads that you're developing but not describing. You seem unwilling to give us your thoughts.

@Devon: Ditto

@Nexus: Also ditto

@Thor: If a wagon is so important in your mind, create a new one. Your Far Cry one has clearly stalled.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Far_Cry »

singersigner wrote:
Thor665 wrote:Hey...Far_Cry...remember that 'hypocrisy' thing from a page or so back?
You're doing it wrong.
Or a scum list.
Or, y'know, anything.
No. You're just asking him to set up people for NKs and lynch targets during the day. Anyone who posts lists of "least townie to most townie," or anything likewise, will instantly be on my bad side, for doing the work of scum for them.
Not getting you here. This doesn't seem like a great reason for not doing a town list. You wouldn't post "most-townie to least townie." You would just put down your thoughts on every player so far (at least thats my definition of town list.)
jimfinn wrote:I do believe in scum lists/town lists, but not on page 6. Once you get real reads, it's a good idea. If every player in the game makes a list as such, we can use the patterns as flips come through and really learn a lot.
OK, this is a better reason for not doing a town list. I see your point (and agree with it.) So I will withhold on a town list.
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:53 am

Post by Far_Cry »

I find the level of activity here very disappointing. This game has been going on for 6 days, and we only have 6 pages of posts.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:10 am

Post by singersigner »

jimfinn wrote:I do believe in scum lists/town lists, but not on page 6. Once you get real reads, it's a good idea. If every player in the game makes a list as such, we can use the patterns as flips come through and really learn a lot.
This makes more sense.
thor665 wrote:@jimfinn - what are your thoughts on singersinger not wanting me to ask Far_Cry for a town list or scum list while at the same time she apparently has no issues with Far_Cry asking the same from Devon?
I missed it since I only saw the latest post as was responding to it. I would not hold some players to one standard and others to another. That seems a little hypocritical, don't you think? But you do seem to be taking it personally, and/or making it seem like that was intentional. What makes you think that I wasn't responding to the posts together, but only quoted the more demanding one?

And to address your question about getting involved...hell if I know. That's not my problem; it's the mod's and theirs. If they're not contributing anything to the game (and have not expressly stated why), they can either replace out, or I'll just assume they're scum trying to float under the radar. Plain and simple.

I like tomatoes.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

redtail896 wrote:@Thor: If a wagon is so important in your mind, create a new one. Your Far Cry one has clearly stalled.
I've already said I find something scummy and have put down a vote and nobody will respond. I've asked repeatedly for people to follow along and vote and no one has responded. I've asked a couple of different people to put out a vote and promised to follow them if they did, and no one has responded. Trust me, the issue is not with Far_Cry - the issue is deeper then that. either I'm really bad at generating discussion, or we have a bunch of people who don't know how to exit RVS

That said, I'll begrudgingly agree that if I'm frustreated it is still my responsibility to (still) be trying to get these mooks to respond to anything.

@singersinger - were you responding to both posts at once? I don't think you were and your explanation doesn't even claim as such.

DemonHybrid is the biggest wagon, let's lynch him, plurality equates to brilliance. I'll ignore all the reads I had on him thus far and call him obvious scum for wanting to hang onto RVS reasoning. This is a brilliant case and should be respected.

Unvote: Far_Cry
Vote: DemonHybrid
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

Thor665 wrote:
redtail896 wrote:@Thor: If a wagon is so important in your mind, create a new one. Your Far Cry one has clearly stalled.
I've already said I find something scummy and have put down a vote and nobody will respond. I've asked repeatedly for people to follow along and vote and no one has responded. I've asked a couple of different people to put out a vote and promised to follow them if they did, and no one has responded. Trust me, the issue is not with Far_Cry - the issue is deeper then that. either I'm really bad at generating discussion, or we have a bunch of people who don't know how to exit RVS

That said, I'll begrudgingly agree that if I'm frustreated it is still my responsibility to (still) be trying to get these mooks to respond to anything.

@singersinger - were you responding to both posts at once? I don't think you were and your explanation doesn't even claim as such.

DemonHybrid is the biggest wagon, let's lynch him, plurality equates to brilliance. I'll ignore all the reads I had on him thus far and call him obvious scum for wanting to hang onto RVS reasoning. This is a brilliant case and should be respected.

Unvote: Far_Cry
Vote: DemonHybrid

Agreed. A wagon needs to be started, and we need to start talking. VOTE: DemonHybrid

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”