Mini 1021: Battousai's Mountaintnous Mountain Mafia (Over)

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Battousai »

Now, a new rule was added (12).
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:48 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I'm assuming he means this rule:
12) If the game goes to 72 game hours (3 day and night phases) with no deaths, all living factions will forget why they were killing in the first place and will live happily ever after (draw).
Which means as it stands, the town are looking for a draw? The second No Lynch vote was bloody stupid anyway, it was obvious scum had chosen not to kill as we returned from night early, just like we have here. So why did we just repeat the damned cycle? Both sides were damned stupid there anyway. Town should be trying to lynch, the first No Lynch was good, I agreed with it and went with it, the second was just a massive waste of for all involved as the outcome was known before it was done. Scum on the other hand are supposed to be trying to win, and evidently have gone against their win condition by not doing so. So I haven't a clue what's going on, but we do need to stop the damned No Lynches.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:56 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Explain to me why we shouldn't force the scum to kill?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I don't know why I put a question mark at the end of that request, but there you go.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Can we just lynch Prana already? If we're going to go for a draw let's just wait till the very end if we have to.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:51 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Yes Lat, let's lynch the guy pointing out the stupidity of attempting to go for a No Lynch THREE TIMES RUNNING. That's what I meant about the draw, if we no lynch we may as well be saying we want a draw, which would be utterly stupid and ridiculous. Apparently that's a negative?
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Mhm, looked over this a bit more and I kinda changed my mind, do whatever you want guys. I'm actually ok with risking a draw now, but I'd rather we lynch obv scum now. Btw Prana that post doesn't make you town in any way at all, I can even see some scum motivation behind it but it gets a little wifomy.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Why didn't you answer Scotty's question?

"Explain to me why we shouldn't force the scum to kill?"
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:55 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Because what's to say the scum are going to kill again? I have no clue what's going through their mind, they've no killed twice, which is utterly ridiculous because scum should be trying to win, not passing up on killing people. So for all I know they want a draw, which would mean giving it to them (It would be stupid, but so far there's been a shit ton of stupidity from them, so what do I know?)
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Nightwolf »

@ Prana:
What was the reason for the first No Lynch?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:00 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote No Lynch

No other option.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:15 am

Post by PranaDevil »

NW, the reason for the first no lynch was obvious, the idea is because we're at an even number of players, having an odd number is better for town as the odds work out better in our favour for a good lynch.

The second time, after no kill happened, was pointless.

This time would just be ridiculous, and I'm actually concerned at anyone considering it. It just feels like people are just willing to give up, or are banking on the rest of the town agreeing with them so the scum get their way.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Why didn't you protest to the 2nd no lynch?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:58 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Figured that while it was pointless, enough people seemed to rush in for it that I may as well see where it leads. Now it's failed miserably twice, why should we just play to a draw?
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Mode: If town does a no lynch today then does that mean if scum does a no kill afterwards will they be breaking rule 2?

Battousai wrote:2) Play to win, but also to have fun. See rule 1.
If scum's win condition is to eliminate all townies then forcing a draw is breaking the rules isn't it?

So, I still rather we lynch Prana today since he's scum but a no lynch isn't that bad. By the way would anyone else be opposed to having a no lynch tommorow or the day after instead? I feel like the day's stalling and with a flip on Prana we can move forward a lot in this game.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:22 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Lat, rather than just deciding "Prana's scum" and outright ignoring any other possibility from your play (Which is severely becoming anti-town with your refusal to actually look elsewhere properly), how about, y'know... actually trying to look at all possibilities?

The way you are playing it will lose town the game, as if you're town, then people lynch me, see I'm town, and then could well wind up lynching you because you refused to do anything beyond focus on me for weeks on end, and then what? Well done scum they've got the game in the bag.

I want to win this one, so I don't want you cocking it up royally by having town going in the wrong direction because you've decided to stick your head in the sand about things.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

"rule

Btw what do you think of no lynching right now?

Prana, do you think you should end up in Lylo?

On the assumption you are town these are reasons why you shouldn't

-Does not read vote counts
-Posts fluff
-Does not investigate evidence presented
-Lack of scum hunting / Lack of original thinking

I already have looked at all the possibilities, and even if you are town I can't think of any reason why we should let you live.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:46 am

Post by PranaDevil »

So what you are saying is that despite the fact that a mislynch could severely damage the town, you have decided that even if someone (me in this instance) is town, the town is better without them then actually removing scum from the equation?

Also, lack of original thinking? I will note I'm the first person actively pointing out the utter stupidity of a third no lynch, I also was the first person to create a case on Llama, I went through your history and, despite the fact you've been non-stop attacking me, pointed out that if anyone is blindly obviously town, it's you from your first days actions (your day two actions leaves a lot to be desired however), so how have I not done any "original" thinking?

I don't want to get into another huge debate with you right now, but you're just trying to force the view that I'm scum on everyone else, you're not suggesting it and asking people to make their own minds up, you're trying to dictate to everyone and that I don't like. Your day 1 play wont save you forever, if you don't start looking in other areas today and I get lynched then you can guarentee that the town will turn on you, and if you're town, then you've just lost us the game.

I haven't done too much in the way of checking during the night phase purely because I've had limited time and so decided to hold off just in case I wound up killed (considering the previous kills, I had no clue where the scum planned on going and didn't want to waste my time), so I plan over the next few days to check over the whole thread to see where I stand on everyone after a proper re-read and ISO check of things.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Town can only benefit from your lynch right now, I'm not sure where you think I said it would hurt if the mis lynch was on you. Besides who is scum now, who exactly should I be looking at? I have looked at every player and you are the scummiest one here. Should I not take away the most scummy player from the equation? Also your case against Llama was bad, it was either you repeating something that was already said or it was just some stupid point that you didn't understand.

Lack of original thinking is more referring to your actual vote choices, besides a third no lynch isn't stupid. Lack of original thinking is more so on you kinda just following along what other people say when they vote. Just wondering but since you think I'm obvious town why would town lynch me? I'm not even sure how my Day 1 makes me obvious town.

Regardless there is one fact.

Scotty/Nightwolf/Leech/Llama have all either suggested they thought you were scum and voted you or they said my case against you was good. If you get into the last three players and you are town I'd say there's a good chance you'll end up getting lynched then if two of those players make it to the last three too, so it is better to see your flip now.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:46 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Guys, we are still no lynching.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Vote: No Lynch
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Battousai »

Lateralus22 wrote:
Mode: If town does a no lynch today then does that mean if scum does a no kill afterwards will they be breaking rule 2?

Battousai wrote:2) Play to win, but also to have fun. See rule 1.
If scum's win condition is to eliminate all townies then forcing a draw is breaking the rules isn't it?
A draw does not equal a loss, therefore they would not be breaking that rule.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by iamausername »

Yeah, this is the right choice.

VOTE: No Lynch
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Leech »

The only possible options from a no lynch are either force the scum to kill, or force a draw. In either event, we don't lose the game. I can see why someone would be opposed to the third no-lynch in a row, but think about it from that standpoint. We either get our odds, or we draw. It is a win/not-lose situation. There's a few things I'd like to discuss, but too much has been said in this phase already. Too many people have talked about something that should have happened within 5 posts from the phases start.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”