Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:09 am

Post by Macavitar »

Additionally, you're making two assumptions there 1) that the mod follows the same understanding of jailkeeping I do, and 2) that Benmage also thought about it the same way. I was just giving you my opinion on how jailkeeping should be done. Obviously, we were blocked in some manner. So, take what you will from it.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:16 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

diddin wrote:Yes hasdgbfsnjk. The flip of a Greyjoy roleblocker or the lack of the flip of one greatly affects the case on Mac. Since Mac being town relies on Ben JKing him, a flipped Greyjoy RB could change that quite a bit.
So you think Mac is the last Lannister but would rather hunt for the last Greyjoy to clarify the situation on Mac as Town?

If Mac isn’t the last Lannister who do you think is diddin?
Macavitar wrote:I'm rather curious why the Unsight lynch came apart, as I've thought that was a good lynch for quite some time. Unsight seems to only pop in this game occasionally, and that is generally only to ward off suspicion or spout tinfoil hat theories about us being in a third scum team with SSBF.
Here’s my problem with this statement. It’s in direct conflict with the way your slot has voted.

1. As Cow’s statement shows you were one of the players who jumped off Unsight to lynch Rifka with the ever strong scum-hunting motive to “shake things up”.
2. Your slot hasn’t even looked Unsight’s way today.

You can’t logically be scum together so I think you need to put your head together with Maclock and come to a concensus on whether you think Unsight is scumm or not.
Mina wrote:Or for all the unconfirmed townies to act townish. Seriously, is it that hard to look town when you're town?
The irony here makes my head explode. You who just earlier today made a big point of how much more Town you are in the hidden QT than in thread are lambasting others for not looking Town?
Mina wrote:So I think I can finally pin down what's been bugging me about Magna.

You know what I think it is? How MagnaofIllusion keeps on reiterating that his suspect list is diddin/Mina = Lannister and Unsight = Greyjoy, that his suspect list has always been diddin/Mina and Unsight, that he is 100% consistent in his suspicions of diddin/Mina/Unsight, and his reasoning for suspecting diddin/Mina/Unsight had been clearly explained in ISO X on Day 4, so back off.

Seriously, if someone wants me to quote every time he does this today, I will. It's almost once or twice a post.

Not only does he use this as a defence every time someone looks at him funny (even when his suspicions of diddin/me/Unsight are barely related to the accusation against him), but he helpfully reminds us all that he's always suspected Y (as clearly laid out in ISO X on Day 4) every time he attacks Y.

It's like the flipside of the joke that inconsistency is a towntell. Rather than worry about such details as, you know, whether diddin, Unsight, and I are actually scum, he's more interested in proving the consistency of his reads.

Because maybe I'm just assuming everyone else is as neurotic as I am, but right now is when town should be floundering. Not saying, "I solved the game on Day 4, so here is my scum list."
This ticks me off. Big time. Just because you play the ‘little neurotic me game’ yourself doesn’t mean I should feel obliged to do the same. I’m not going to second guess my reads just because you waffle like you came straight for the Pancake House.

1. The bolded part is so much horse-shit it makes me gag. First of all it’s a huge mis-rep. I’ve never F’IN said I solved the game. I’ve said I’ve made my analysis and here are where my suspicions lie. I’ve been right and wrong at varying parts of the game. I was wrong about CMAR. I was right about dana. I believe I’m right about Unsight. I was wrong about Axelrod. Your playing up this as if I’ve telling Town exactly who to lynch and calling everyone morons for not doing it. Finally the fact that I've got 3 strong candidates for 2 scum slots somehow escapes your analysis. Hint - both diddin and yourself can't be the last Lannister. Yet somehow I'm saying I've solved the game by having two suspects.
2. You keep asking for proof of why my reads are right. Well sorry but what the hell proof do you expect? My VC analysis and relationship analysis are the proof I’m providing. If you don’t find it credible that’ fine. Just stop asking me for more proof.
3. This whole post is something that 'bugs you'. I'm still waiting to see how its 'proof' that I am scum.

You have spent the entire day repeatedly stating ‘I’ve got this huge case on Magna I just have to get to it’ and repeatedly having reasons not to present it. I’m tired of defending against your nebulous ‘cloud of proof of scum’.
Mina wrote:But his "now you are making me paranoid" is one line tacked on to the end. Call it gut, but it rings false. I don't feel that Magna is really a paranoid innocent second-guessing himself.
Sarcasm … you fail to recognize it. That last line was indeed tacked on – its a sarcastic mimicry of the statement made by Mac.

This is just another example of you being so focused to find any ‘scum-tells’ coming from me you are ignoring the context of what is written.

MOD – I’ll be V/LA from today at 4pm EDT until deadline for weekend family duties
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Macavitar »

Magna wrote:Here’s my problem with this statement. It’s in direct conflict with the way your slot has voted.

1. As Cow’s statement shows you were one of the players who jumped off Unsight to lynch Rifka with the ever strong scum-hunting motive to “shake things up”.
2. Your slot hasn’t even looked Unsight’s way today.

You can’t logically be scum together so I think you need to put your head together with Maclock and come to a concensus on whether you think Unsight is scumm or not.
Here's the problem with your statement,

1) It's not in conflict with my (VP Baltar) stance. I was very pro-Unsight lynch previously when it was me predominately playing the hydra. I switched because the town was being apathetic and, to borrow a term, rudderless. I'm not going to ride a vote and not try to keep the game moving forward just because I think I'm right. People had their chance to finish Unsight and chose not to, so it was time for me to move on and get another suspect of mine lynched. IIrc, I was one of the first people to switch and for the very legit reason I just stated. I don't think that really falls in the parameters of hascow's argument of protecting Unsight. Additionally, I WANT UNSIGHT LYNCHED NOW. Hascow's point appears to be that Unsight's partners (ie dead scums) tried to change the wagon to protect her. I cannot be Unsight's scum partner, as there is likely only one scum left on each team. So, yeah, this line of argumentation just looks like busy work without any kind of actual scumhunting to it.

2) MacavityLock is less for the Unsight lynch than I am and pretty much has been all game. It's actually one of the few conflicts we've had in our hydra. It kind of pisses me off that he's being so difficult about it, but what can I say. I agree with you that he and I need to come to a consensus about it, but don't blame me for his play. You know very clearly that he was the only one posting while I was away, so you can't say 'oh man, you haven't tried to get Unsight lynched today' when I've told you that I'm posting and not MacavityLock. Again, this seems like a really weak attack designed to make you look like you're busy.

To all persons, I'm not entirely up on who could be what faction. Does anyone have a condensed list? I'm just going on behavior I find scummy and eliminating those people who are either clear (hascow, Richard) or that are very unlikely to be scum imo (Thor, Mina). I would normally ask ML, but he doesn't seem to be around today.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:37 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Macavitar wrote:@Mina - A jailkeeper generally blocks everything, making it a double-edged sword of sorts.
Has this changed recently? Because at least when I first used a JK like that in my first modded mini-theme, people didn't believe the claim
because
he said it stopped everything and not just kills. I mean, I think it makes more sense blocking everything, but I could definitely see either.
MoI wrote:1. As Cow’s statement shows you were one of the players who jumped off Unsight to lynch Rifka with the ever strong scum-hunting motive to “shake things up”.
This is completely irrelevant to the point I was trying to make.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 5.10 - The "The Hedge Knight" votecount.

Macavitar (1) -
Unsight

Unsight (2) -
MagnaofIllusion, CSL

MagnaofIllusion (2) -
Macavitar, diddin

CSL (1)
Thor665

Not voting (3) - Mina, hasdgfas, RichardGHP

With 9 alive it takes 5 lynch.
Deadline will hit on the 18th of September @ 6pm ES(D?)T.
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

I will also note I'm not likely to be around a computer at deadline, so if anyone has anything brilliant to want to shift me off CSL or is excited that I'm supporting a CSL lynch then today is the day to say something about it.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:39 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Eddard Stark wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
@Mod: Regarding the stabbing Day 2, did it remove all factional abilities, such as mafia group nightkills? Or just a personal nightkill ability such as an SK's?
In this situation a mafia faction's nightkill would not be affected by a member of said group being stabbed. So, no, it wouldn't remove factional abillities.
So if a member of a mafia group was stabbed, he/she would still be able to make a mafia kill if they were the only one in their group left alive?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Correct
War has arrived!

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:14 am

Post by diddin »

That was another good point against Mac that was brought up. Benmage suggested Mac as a Locke scan, and if Benmage prevents all actions from reaching someone, why would he jailkeep someone he suggested a copping of? Common sense here.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Mina »

Oh, fuck.

Freaking out now.

Utterly freaking out now.

Yes, I'm wishy-washy scum, a waffling coward who can't make up her mind, and I should take a stand even if it's a completely wrong stand based on bad information or analysis that loses the town the game because otherwise I'm copping out, blah blah blah...

So here we are. I've thought about it, and lynching Macavitar today probably isn't the best idea if we aren't confident that he's scum. The good news is that if we lynch Unsight or MagnaofIllusion, there's a very good chance that we catch the last Greyjoy and we're down to a 50-50 shot of lynching a Lannister in LYLO. So it couldn't really hurt to lynch Macavitar later instead of today...unless he's left with someone who trusts him over diddin at end game. I have a bad feeling the game will come down to a coin toss. But that's assuming CSL can't be a Lannister, and not ruling out Unsight as a Greyjoy (since the evidence--him not voting Axelrod and pushing those who doubted Mac's guilt as Greyjoys--isn't damning).

That's the approach that minimizes our risk if we mislynch. If someone is utterly convinced that someone else is scum, now's when I'd like to hear it. Or if someone has a good reason for why MagnaofIllusion or Unsight can't be a Lannister/Greyjoy.

I'm so mad at myself for procrastinating beforehand. Now Magna's V/LA until Monday, and can't answer my questions or defend himself. Magna is the kind of player who makes me scared shitless of lynching him without something like an investigation result. But he and CSL fit best as Greyjoys, and CSL can't be a Lannister...

I'll be able to check the thread from my phone tomorrow, so I can move my vote to wherever it's most needed. Any lynch is better than no lynch.

Um...Faraday? So, hypothetical question. I've been reading this game. It's sooooo fascinating! Pity about the jailkeeper being lynched on D1. Say, had that poor jailkeeper survived, could his target also have been investigated by the tracker? Like, would the tracker have got No Result or heard he'd stayed home? No reason why I'm asking. I'm just curious about what might have been. Just like some of the players in post-game were interested in the way jailkeepers work. You didn't mention anything about investigation immunities, only kill immunities.

...okay, it was worth a try.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Just to clarify, since people don't seem to realise, the deadline is around 21 hours away,

The countdown can be foundhere
War has arrived!

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by Mina »

Trying to respond to Magna is a pain in the ass on a phone.

Okay, at this point I will vote for anyone just to get a lynch. This is ridiculous.

Cow? Unsight? Richard? Who's going to be around before the deadline?

Thor, it's too late to lynch CSL now. Move your vote to Magna or Unsight. Even Macavitar would be better.

Fuck. I wish I'd just let Richard hammer.
Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Macavitar »

ML here. Sorry, definitely not
away
away, just had a ridiculously busy day yesterday. Baltar and I have been discussing, and yes, he and I disagree about Unsight. I think that Magna is a more likely Greyjoy, and diddin is a more likely Lanny. He and I continue to discuss, but we have come to the following conclusion: We are a hydra, I do not have sole ownership, and given deadlines, the Mac hydra is willing to jump to Unsight. It doesn't seem like there's enough support for Magna anyway.
Unvote. Vote: Unsight.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Thor665 »

hasaopdjfdpsok seemed interested in CSL, his lack of support with me on that one does make me sad.

Unvote: CSL
Vote: Unsight

I am still fine with this one.

Edit - and that puts her at L-1
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by diddin »

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH deadline is so close and I don't think we're ready yet.

Does anyone have any mod meta on Faraday/Seacore in games they've modded with jailkeepers? That might help determine how the JK works in this game.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

I'm fine with hammer - Mina?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Thor665 wrote:hasaopdjfdpsok seemed interested in CSL, his lack of support with me on that one does make me sad.
sorry, that's what the questioning of the mod was about. If he said mafia kills were removed too, then CSL was clear, but they weren't, so he's not. I've just been in the lab all day and didn't get much chance to come back after questioning.
Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:50 am

Post by Macavitar »

9 hours. Just a little FYI to you folks.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:52 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 5.11 - The "The Sworn Sword" votecount.

Macavitar (1) -
Unsight

Unsight (4) -
MagnaofIllusion, CSL, Macavitar, Thor665

MagnaofIllusion (1) -
diddin

Not voting (3) - Mina, hasdgfas, RichardGHP

With 9 alive it takes 5 lynch.
Deadline will hit on the 18th of September @ 6pm ES(D?)T.

Countdown can be foundhere
War has arrived!

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:51 am

Post by CSL »

About 5 hours remain.

Someone, hammer. NOW!! There's no time to be stalling.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Unsight »

To recap this day: We had a PR out someone as scum and we're going to end with a VT lynch.

Since the town is so dumb, I'm going to tell you what's almost definitely going to happen in the next two days. I'm going to flip town on my lynch. Thor, has, or both are going to get shot tonight. Tomorrow you're going to realize how stupid you were today and lynch Macavitar. The day after that you will find yourselves in LYLO with CSL, Magna, and Mina. CSL is going to get the deciding vote between Magna and Mina... and he'll pick wrong.
Games are meant to be fun.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:57 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Unsight wrote:To recap this day: We had a PR out someone as scum and we're going to end with a VT lynch.

Since the town is so dumb, I'm going to tell you what's almost definitely going to happen in the next two days. I'm going to flip town on my lynch. Thor, has, or both are going to get shot tonight. Tomorrow you're going to realize how stupid you were today and lynch Macavitar. The day after that you will find yourselves in LYLO with CSL, Magna, and Mina. CSL is going to get the deciding vote between Magna and Mina... and he'll pick wrong.
Boy, instead of lambasting the town, how about you try to help? Macavitar can't be the only scum. What are your other thoughts?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:58 am

Post by CSL »

Unsight, you can bet your ass I'm getting it right.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Unsight »

hasdgfas wrote:
Unsight wrote:To recap this day: We had a PR out someone as scum and we're going to end with a VT lynch.

Boy, instead of lambasting the town, how about you try to help? Macavitar can't be the only scum. What are your other thoughts?
I have spent a whole freaking day trying to help and I'm getting lynched. I'm tired of helping. If you're going to do something this stupid then I'm going to call you on it.

I've have said my damn thoughts over and over. Mac is the last lannister. Magna or Mina is the last greyjoy.
Games are meant to be fun.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:01 am

Post by CSL »

We have 5 hours.

If 3 other people can get Mac to L-1, I'll hammer.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O