Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:06 am

Post by CommieX »

}|{opa wrote:Let everybody answer the question: I'm a Miller (
y
/n)?
Friendly neighborhood miller here.

Vote: }|{opa
For having a name I don't know how to pronounce.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 am

Post by CommieX »

Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: BlakAdder

I like }|{opa or CommieX as the lynch today.
Why?
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:19 am

Post by CommieX »

Unvote

Sorry I've been away. I'm tired, busy, overworked and generally annoyed. I'll read and post tomorrow.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:09 am

Post by CommieX »

Sorry about my absence.

I just did an initial read, and I'm currently leaning towards hopping on the opa wagon. I'm not really seeing any logical reason for his attacking Black other than the fact that he is voting him. He began panicking at L-1 when I don't feel it was called for (I'd be very surprised if we saw a quicklynch, seeing as how everyone was voting at the time.

@ Opa: Please explain your case on black.

I also don't like this post:
Smashbro wrote:Alright, so, I agree that opa's tactic seems scummy to me, because, like everyone else said, it seems like he wanted to go last to see if he could fake claim, and if there actually was a miller, he could plausibly take out the "confirmed town" role at night. Also, your vote on charter for being "in the middle and drifting" is a bit farfetch'd. Day 1 began yesterday...wait, its morning now, new day...that makes...19 hours. I don't think its possible to call someone a drifter after only 19 hours of a game, cause you would hate me then. Liking this wagon, and would agree with a lynch. However, I like the edmund case too, and will keep opa from L-1.
edmund.angles wrote:I think it was a good idea to get the miller to claim, no matter if you are the miller or not. Off course it is best when you are the miller, because there's more potential to trip the scum, but there might not even be a real miller. It removes the possibility for scum to claim miller later.
It would be pretty gutsy for scum to claim miller with 4 left to claim, so I choose to believe CommieX for now.

It seems like edmund is trying to support his partner, or at least trying to buddy up to another opa, and trying to make himself look like a good townie. He explains how it's good, and then goes on to vote charter. Looking to see if that vote sticks. however, this does seem scummy and like you're covering yourself, so unvote, vote: edmund.angles
I think in the event of opa flipping scum, this looks really bad for smashbro. He's calling him scummy, but then turns around and votes someone else, using the excuse that he's worried about a quicklynch (again, something I find very unlikely)

I'd rather not massclaim today personally. I think we have a safe lynch in opa (a claimed VT no less).

CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:40 am

Post by CommieX »

Meh, I guess FMPOV a massclaim pays off if opa flips town, but not massclaiming turns out better if he flips scum.

I'm fairly confident that he is scum, but I'll leave it up to the discretion of the other PR. Claim if you want to, or don't.

And for the record, I have no objection to anyone hammering.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by CommieX »

opa wrote: Calm down, you maniac. Btw, I was thinking and guess what? (BlakAdder, Thor665) - very good looking scumteam.
Come again? Are you just attacking anyone that expresses suspicion of you?
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:18 am

Post by CommieX »

Thor wrote: I would actually phrase it - no massclaim is *dangerous* if he flips town, and it's fine if he flips scum.

Power roles in this setup, in my opinion, are most powerful as confirmed towns - we don't really have enough days to make the "value" of their various powers shine through.
If the other PR is a cop, and if we do not massclaim, and if Opa is scum (The fact that he just posted 5 consecutive times makes me all but certain), then town gains a huge lead. Power Roles are far from useless is this setup.
opa wrote:Dont distort things!!! I never said that "massclaim idea is a scum tactic" and I'm not voted for it! I said that it's PR's business. And that it's extremly useful for Thor if he scum.Dont distort things!!! I never said that "massclaim idea is a scum tactic" and I'm not voted for it! I said that it's PR's business. And that it's extremly useful for Thor if he scum.
If you are a townie as you say you are, and Thor is scum, right now he does NOT want a massclaim.
opa wrote:those 2 of you who like me townies - what do you see?
Rolefishing much?
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:09 am

Post by CommieX »

Okay, well first of all, I've gotta give props to the mod here. Out of all of the ways to fictionally murder someone, jettisoning them out of an airlock is a personal favorite :D

In other news, why am I not dead?

I'm not gonna lie, I kinda forgot about this game, I'd assumed I'd be dead d2 so I'm probably in more gmaes than i should be right now :neutral:

On topic now, I suppose Thor looks pretty good as a townie, like I said before, if he's scum and he knows opa is town, he wouldn't have pushed for massclaim (although, the fact that mafia didn't end up killing me makes me question the validity of that statement)

Meh, I'll try to reread and post tonight, no promises though.

(on the subject of opa, it should be illegal in 51 states to look that scummy and be a VT :( )
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:06 am

Post by CommieX »

edmund.angles wrote:I'm pro-massclaim
tally:
Yay: BlakAdder, edmund
Are we referring to a massclaim today? Because there's not much point.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:02 am

Post by CommieX »

General thoughts:

I don't like Black's vote on Charter. Looking back, he WAS the least active after me (I apologize for that BTW), but he certainly wasn't lurking, he had a good number of posts and he raised some points.

@ Blackadder: You said you had a plan to catch scum for today. Let's hear it.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I feel like the massclaim issue is sort of a nonissue seeing as how scums plan was probably never to kill me. However, I still see Thor as the most town since he seemed to be the least tunneled on opa. After looking through the Iso's, the scale of most tunneled on opa seems to go like this:

Thor<Edmund<Charter<Blak

Though TBQH, you could probably flip around Black and Charter if it suited your fancy.

Right now, I've got a town read on Thor, a fairly neutral read on Ed, and scummy reads on Blak and Charter.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:06 am

Post by CommieX »

EBWOP: Charter, you voted black but then gave all of these reasons why thor is maf.

Reason for voting black?
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by CommieX »

@Thor: Why the switch from edmund to charter?
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by CommieX »

Hey Einsteins, I love it how we're in lylo, yet ALL OF YOU ARE VOTING. Unvote please.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:44 am

Post by CommieX »

Thor665 wrote: Post that isn't unvoting.
You are needlessly betting the town's victory on the chance that Charter and Black are not a scumteam, something I apparently find to be a lot more likely than you do. We have plenty of time here, and we're in LYLO, so there is NO reason whatsoever ANYONE should be voting yet.

@ Charter, Thor: Unvote. Now.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:08 am

Post by CommieX »

Thor665 wrote:Dude...

Unvote: edmund.angles

Okay, so now we get charter to unvote and...what? Do you have any particular angle of conversation you really want to get going here? Do you really believe that the scum team is charter/BA? Do you think the scumteam is Thor/edmund? Those are the only ways either vote is risky. If you don't want to advance a lynch yet then please advance a conversation angle that's worth having - otherwise I'm wondering why we're unvoting.
It just makes me feel better :D

TBQH, It's more myself trying to use the maximum amount of caution in LYLO. There really IS no reason to be reckless here, recklessness is not your friend in LYLO.

I do have a theory right now, but I'm a bit swamped between homework and play practice so I don't have time to post it atm, I'll try to get it up tonight but before then, I have a question I'd like yalls to answer: Why do you think scum killed smashbro?
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:09 am

Post by CommieX »

Thor665 wrote:^^^

This means charter's vote on BA is "safe" as the scum team now is obligated to include either charter and BA or one of them - which means it's a vote by scum or a vote on scum or is both.
Remember, FMPOV, you're not clear :P
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by CommieX »

charter wrote:I'm not unvoting Blak, it's pointless. As is Thor and edmund unvoting. Basically all that matters is who CommieX votes, since if he votes wrong, the scum will quickhammer, if he votes right, they won't and we'll lynch the scum.
Scum can quicklynch off a townie though. Wasn't that part of your reason for voting blak?
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by CommieX »

I'm sorry people, but don't expect to hear from me tomorrow :cry:

I'd still like black and edmund to answer my question however.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:55 am

Post by CommieX »

Hey everyone, I lied. Quick post here.

I have another question, and honestly the one I should have asked first: Do you think that scum killing smashbro was overall a good idea? (Ignoring the fact that in hindsight, we know he was cop)
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by CommieX »

Meh...Well I guess there's no point in beating around the bush, the lynch is going to be blakadder or charter.

@Blakadder: Charter's already made a case against you. Your turn. Why should we lynch him instead of you?
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:01 am

Post by CommieX »

Thor665 wrote:How did we get into the BA or charter choice again? To my mind the real question edmund and I should be pursuing is - are BA/charter the scumteam? If we come up with the answer to that our votes are easy to make.
Because the only thing we know is that you and edmund are not the scumteam.

@Thor: Answer your own question: What do you think the likelihood of a charter/BA scumteam is?
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:19 am

Post by CommieX »

Thor665 wrote:And we also know that at least one of BA/charter is scum, but what I want to discuss is since I know my alignment why we shouldn't also be discussing the Thor/edmund angle. If we can clear or indemnify one of Thor/edmund it's as good, if not better than, the BA/charter choice.
Unless you can find something that nails Edmund as scum, so what? Yeah, we get one scum and clear you, but that still leaves us with the choice of charter/BA in the end. Again, the ONLY thing we know is that you and Ed aren't a scumteam. There's plenty of reasons a pair of scumbuddies would be voting each other, one of them being this:

Scum A
Scum B
VT A
VT B
Clear Townie

*Scum A and Scum B vote each other*

VT A: Well, since they can't be a scumteam, it must be VT B! *votes VT B*

*Scum quicklynches VT B, town loses*
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:21 am

Post by CommieX »

EBWOP: I'd like if Ed was more active, as he's looking the most town right now.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:54 am

Post by CommieX »

Meh, I've heard enough right now. TBQH, I'm still leaning towards a Charter/BA scumteam, because of the situation I posted in my last post. Because:

1. It explains why I'm not dead (scum would need a clear, but couldn't risk a cop getting a guilty)

2. It explains BA's behavior at the beginning of the day. His first posts were extremely scummy, reminding everyone that we're in LYLO then immediately voting. Almost too scummy, tbqh. It seemed to me like he was trying to look bad, particularly this post:
Just trying to get things started. If anyone puts another vote on Charter I'll take mine away.
Trying to get things started? I don't see how voting Charter could have lead to anything but us focusing on BA. Town wouldn't do this, as voting someone for an arbitrary reason in LYLO is just silly. Scum wouldn't do this, as scum wouldn't be so blatant. This is almost fool-esque play, but it makes a bit more sense if he needs to give Charter an excuse to vote him.

All this plus the fact that BA and Charter were the two scummiest out of everyone alive D1 makes me think we've found our scumteam. We still have to lynch the scummiest out of the two however, and that's Adder.

Vote: BlakAdder

This could very well be my last post of the game, so I'll say GL town if I'm right, GG scum if I'm wrong.

Also, preemptive Bah.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #25) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by CommieX »

Thor665 wrote:Hey, COmmie, if you're around how about you unvote and we still talk more, my presence here and lack of vote helps clarify things even more.
As it stands, possible scumteams are:

BA/Charter
BA/Ed
BA/Thor
Charter/Ed

Correct?

So there's a 3/4 chance BA is scum.

I don't have much else to say at this point. Especially since BA doesn't seem to have much of a defense and you're not exactly making any strong case for me to not lynch BA. So unless you'd like to stretch this thing out till the deadline, I'll keep my vote.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #26) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by CommieX »

And commie remains winless on MS...:(

Thanks to Fenchurch for an entertaining game, with some fun flavor to boot. And thanks to all of you for great activity levels, helped keep it entertaining.

I guess I don't really understand BA's logic in voting in his first post D2. I still think that was pretty scummy TBQH. But I do have to give full credit to Ed, he really had me fooled D2.

Anyway, congrats to both Ed and Charter. Now if you'll excuse me, I must go cry in a corner due to my losing streak :cry:

Return to “Completed Open Games”