Mini 250: Villains of Gotham City -- Game Over!

Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Mini 250: Villains of Gotham City -- Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:02 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Villains of Gotham City

GAME STATUS: Game Over - town wins!

For years, the Villains of Gotham City have run amok, with only the occasional, brief spell in Arkham Asylum to worry about. But now it is their turn to be afraid… very afraid… There are rumours of some NEW THREAT that jeopardizes their very existence. So, putting their differences aside, the Villains of Gotham City have decided to band together to root out this menace to their way of life.

This game takes place over the course of one evening in Rupert Thorne’s mansion. The “nights” in this game are the bathroom breaks between discussions. The “days” are the times when the Villains are together in discussions.

Rogues Gallery

HezLucky (Two-Face/former DA)
ibaesha (Penguin/role finder)

vIQles (Mad Hatter/townie) - lynched day 1
Nightfall
replacing Enigma91
(Batman/unkillable townie) - lynched day 2
Wesmin (Baby Doll/tracker) - strangled night 3
Fritzler (Joker/Bat-detector) - frozen night 3
draygn_mage (Killer Croc/townie) - lynched day 3
Quidgyboo (Mr Freeze/vigilante) - strangled night 4
Thok (Killer Tomato - formerly Scarecrow/doc) - frozen night 4
Phoebus (Killer Carrot - formerly Bane/townie) - lynched day 4

Quailman (Harley Quin/lie detector) - strangled night 5
Fuldu (Posion Ivy/Mistress of the Vegetables) - lynched day 5

Day 1: Start - End
Day 2: Start - End
Day 3: Start - End
Day 4: Start - End
Day 5: Start - End
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 55 times in total.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:02 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

RULES
(see also Mr Stoofer's modding policies)

[01] Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
[02] Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I’d appreciate it.
[03] Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, their pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. Feel free to post in twilight, though.
[04] You may vote: no lynch. Majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
[05] If I impose a day deadline, lynching will require at least half of the regular majority at deadline. In case of a tie, first come first served. In the endgame (six players or fewer) only lynches with a regular majority will occur.
[06] When I set a day deadline, the deadline lasts until I actually lock the thread.
[07] The game is not to be discussed outside the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so – and then only at night.
[08] Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. You can make a single “Bah!” post but no relevant information.
[09] No small text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.
[10] Don’t quote any PMs from me. If you do, I will destroy you.
[11] If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you. If you do not submit a choice to me, I’ll make it for you and you won’t like it.
[12] If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
[13] Unlike other mods I am fallible. Please point out any mistakes I make gently. In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, it is your responsibility to correct me. If you don’t your vote may be treated as it appears in the vote count.
[14] If you have any questions at all, please PM me or post the question in the thread.
[15] Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod. I have zero tolerance for abusive posts.

The pro-town players have the following win condition:
The Mod, to the good guys, wrote:You win when the threat to Gotham is eliminated.
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rupert Thorne
Rupert Thorne
Townie
Rupert Thorne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:10 pm

Post by Rupert Thorne »

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen! As I’m sure you all know, my name is RUPERT THORNE and I am head of the Gotham City organised crime syndicate. For many years now, all of us have had a fine time plundering Gotham City without real interference from the authorities. But something even more sinister than us has come to Gotham City and now threatens to destroy us all. So I have gathered you here tonight, safe in the knowledge that you will be able to find and root out that which threatens us all.

I will not personally be participating in your discussions but I will leave you in the capable hands of my goons, Mr Stoofer and inHimshallibe. They will assist in whatever way they can (vote counts and such). Goodnight, and good luck!

It is night 1. Send confirms and nightchoices to Mr Stoofer.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:24 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Well, if you are all comfortable, I suggest that you start your discussions. If you need anything, anything at all, just ask.

It is now Day 1. With 12 alive, it will take 7 votes to lynch
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:33 pm

Post by ibaesha »

random.org says
vote:HezLucky

Do we get to...

HEZZZZZZZZZZWAVRE?
Wesmin
Wesmin
Townie
Wesmin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:53 pm

Post by Wesmin »

random.org?

Yes, I think the "hezzzz" stuff is annoying, but I wouldn't vote to lynch anyone for annoying things like that, so I think I'll sit back and see what others vote for, but I've seen in my past games that people who do try to play their votes off for "Oh he annoys me" or "Oh he/she killed me 3 games ago" are useally trying to cover something up.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:02 am

Post by ibaesha »

Hez doesn't annoy me. :shock: and yes, random.org. Go check it out. The HEZZZZZZZWAVRE is something we do a lot in chat. I was making a funny. Well, it made me giggle anyways.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:11 am

Post by Fritzler »

Whoa? No one died? Am I the only one that'd be opposed to a roleblocker coming out?

Vote: Hez
HEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZWAVRE
Surfs up dude.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:48 am

Post by Quailman »

That would be great if we knew for sure that the roleblocker prevented a kill. It could have been a doc, and then we'd have a roleblocker out and we'd lynch wrong. Of course in Gotham, I'd expect both a mafia
and
an SK, so maybe each (doc + blocker) were successful (what a stroke of luck that would be).

vote: ibaesha
- first to post after daybreak.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:13 am

Post by Fritzler »

Quailman wrote:That would be great if we knew for sure that the roleblocker prevented a kill. It could have been a doc, and then we'd have a roleblocker out and we'd lynch wrong. Of course in Gotham, I'd expect both a mafia
and
an SK, so maybe each (doc + blocker) were successful (what a stroke of luck that would be).
Yea, I was thinking the same thing, that both must have been succesful.
Surfs up dude.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:45 am

Post by Thok »

Do we want to make any thematic guesses at the scum group or SK? Given the flavor, I could see a Ra's Al Ghul scum group (Ra's, Talia, and Udu).

Oh, and
random vote Wesmin
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:47 am

Post by Phoebus »

Toss up between Fritz and Quail for the blocker/doc discussion.
Fritz (apparently) rules out doc and Quail was first to mention doc.

I'm a somewhat blind sheep jeep follower.
Vote: Fritzler
because I don't get the hezzwhatever thing.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:04 am

Post by Fritzler »

Thok wrote:Do we want to make any thematic guesses at the scum group or SK? Given the flavor, I could see a Ra's Al Ghul scum group (Ra's, Talia, and Udu).
Umm, I'm pretty sure mafia is batman, robin and batgirl, is it not? (Or at least some sort of accquantances of batman)
Surfs up dude.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:18 am

Post by Thok »

Fritzler wrote:
Thok wrote:Do we want to make any thematic guesses at the scum group or SK? Given the flavor, I could see a Ra's Al Ghul scum group (Ra's, Talia, and Udu).
Umm, I'm pretty sure mafia is batman, robin and batgirl, is it not? (Or at least some sort of accquantances of batman)
I'd feel better about that assumption if the game was called "Batman mafia" rather than "Villians of Gotham City". Maybe I'm reading too much into the name.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:20 am

Post by Fritzler »

Well, the villains are the good guys, its like in Hospital mafia, where the doctors are the good guys, and the ones that don't belong there (bacteria/viruses that are attempted to be erraticated in the in the hospital) are the mafia.
Surfs up dude.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:57 am

Post by Fuldu »

Phoebus wrote:Toss up between Fritz and Quail for the blocker/doc discussion.

I'm a somewhat blind sheep jeep follower.
because I don't get the hezzwhatever thing.
And now on top of that, Fritzler's pushing that he's "pretty sure" about who the scum are when there's no evidence to back up his conclusion. It's a possible interpretation, but I think the Ra's al Ghul angle is reasonable, as well.

vote: Fritzler
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:16 pm

Post by Quailman »

Phoebus wrote:Toss up between Fritz and Quail for the blocker/doc discussion.
Huh? Fritzler seemed to want a roleblocker to come out. I argued against it. How does that rate a toss-up?
Phoebus wrote: I don't get the hezzwhatever thing.
Neither do I.

vote: Fritzler
because he seems awfully sure of who's evil in this game.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:49 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Quailman, Fritzler's grammatical construction was a bit obtuse, but he was expressing opposition to having the roleblocker come out as well. Phoebus is placing suspicion on the two of you for having brought it up at all, per jeep's rules of thumb.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:07 pm

Post by HezLucky »

in an attempt to join a bandwagon to hopefully discourage future Day-1-Hez wagons.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:40 pm

Post by Fritzler »

With 4 of 7 are you guys looking for a claim?
Surfs up dude.
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:09 pm

Post by draygn_mage »

Don't claim too early Fritzler, you get lynched for that crap... LOL.

FOS Fritzler
though as the first post clearly states a NEW threat. I would think batman and robin are something we've all put up with before.
Disciple of AniX- Who needs scumdar when you play by smell?

GreenLiquid: I am proud to crown draygn_mage (Tuff/Serial Killer) the sole winner of Kirby Mafia!
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:14 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Only if you scummily claim d-mage. I'll gladly claim later, which will show the reasons for some of my actions.
Surfs up dude.
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:18 pm

Post by draygn_mage »

you mean honestly claim before anyone gets any bright ideas about lynching you? So what are you waiting for? I doubt anyone else will vote for you with that hint. Scum would probably be ok with trading 2 for 1 if they know they're getting a power role.
Disciple of AniX- Who needs scumdar when you play by smell?

GreenLiquid: I am proud to crown draygn_mage (Tuff/Serial Killer) the sole winner of Kirby Mafia!
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:20 pm

Post by Fritzler »

draygn_mage wrote:you mean honestly claim before anyone gets any bright ideas about lynching you? So what are you waiting for? I doubt anyone else will vote for you with that hint. Scum would probably be ok with trading 2 for 1 if they know they're getting a power role.
I doubt it. that's 66% of scum generally in a n00bie. Do you honestly think scum would lower themselves down to 1 person, if they knew it meant they cuold lynch a cop or a doc? Would you do that as scum? God knows I wouldn't.
Surfs up dude.
Wesmin
Wesmin
Townie
Wesmin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:04 pm

Post by Wesmin »

Thok wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
I'd feel better about that assumption if the game was called "Batman mafia" rather than "Villians of Gotham City". Maybe I'm reading too much into the name.
heh, 2 games I'm in right now where the "bad guys" are the townies and the "good guys" are the mafia.

I just doubt that the people who are making "random votes" are really making them randomly. I'm almost certain they have a deeper meaning or motive behind them.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”