/Invitational 11: Pick your Poison 5 (Game Over)

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:48 am

Post by VasudeVa »

I have a feeling she's Town, but I'm not sure if it's right or not. At the very least, she's townier than zoraster(which isn't saying much, but you were forcing this dichotomy on me so here you go.).

This is where zoraster admitted to active lurking.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by mith »

Er... I think you should probably read that zoraster post again.

(Forcing a dichotomy? Seriously? I specifically asked for thoughts on them individually, after your initial response was to compare them.)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Shock and awe VV thinks someone who think's he's scum is scum. WHAT A SURPRISE.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Rhinox »

mith:
mith wrote:but otherwise I have had (and expressed) a pretty consistent "Seraphim acting scummy, VV probably town" lean.
Still True? yes/no? why/whynot?

Zoraster still more likely scum yes/no?

I can't see myself supporting a DGB lynch today. I would rather help VV lynch spyrex if there was any other support. I've been adamant that VV is town and I won't support his lynch. That means currently, the viable wagons I have to choose from are mith and zoraster. I still prefer zoraster. He really hasn't done anything all game, recent disconnect or not. I feel like the initial point KMD made against mith was pretty weak. But I also feel that mith's reactions/responses have been pretty bad, and I have my own other concerns about mith I expressed earlier today.

I'm more concerned with what the overall inactiveness and apathy says about all of our lynch choices.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

SpyreX wrote:Shock and awe VV thinks someone who think's he's scum is scum. WHAT A SURPRISE.
This is why SpyreX is scum.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by mith »

Seraphim, yes. (Nothing has changed here, except to add a possible slip - won't discuss it for now because it relates to Elmo's alignment, but if I'm alive tomorrow I'll comment on that, and if not I suggest ISOing him.) VasudeVa... I'm warming up to the idea of him as scum based on our recent exchange; his lack of intelligent response could be alignment-neutral, but his recent posts don't fit well with the (admittedly insubstantial) meta I've built of him, and it occurred that there has been a lack of commentary from him on DGB (that is, if she's scum I think he's a good candidate for scumbuddy).

zoraster still second, yes. My main hesitation about him at the moment is that I don't think it's likely DGB is scum with him, and I feel pretty strongly that she is scum. Otherwise, his return to not posting when the heat shifted elsewhere doesn't look at all pro-town.

Why no to DGB?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

VasudeVa (1) -- ooba
ooba (1) -- Papa Zito
DrippingGoofball (3) -- Elmo, zoraster, mith
Seraphim (1) -- My Milked Eek
zoraster (5) -- ekiM, Plumegranate, Rhinox, SpyreX, DrippingGoofball
Papa Zito (1) -- Herodotus
mith (3) -- VasudeVa, Kmd4390, Seraphim

Not voting: Ellibereth, AdumbroDeus
17 alive, 9 to lynch.

Deadline: 11th of September, 6 am GMT
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by mith »

Rhinox: Remembered on ISOing your post to look for previous comments on DGB that I've already asked you something similar. So, to rephrase: Do you feel her recent vote for me (based on Kmd's reasoning, which you call "weak") and then switch back to zoraster (after "So now I'm thinking you must be scum, and zoraster town." in the previous post) reflects actual scumhunting?

Off for a while (to eat and watch football). I'll be around tomorrow to switch my vote if necessary. (If I'm alive day 3, I'm V/LA from the 13th to 22nd - will check the game once a day or so, but won't be online much otherwise.)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:14 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

unvote, vote zoraster

This is all we have time for.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:24 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

VasudeVa wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Shock and awe VV thinks someone who think's he's scum is scum. WHAT A SURPRISE.
This is why SpyreX is scum.

Errr, care to explain?

As far as zoraster, I'd be down for his lynch, skimming in general is anti-town, and from a normally analytical player...

However I'd much prefer VV dying toDay. Since deadline is pretty soon I'll check back late tonight and vote Zoraster if necessary.

VOTE: VasudeVa

Mith is definitely not the lynch today, he's leaning town IMO, but I need a reread.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:30 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vas doesn't have the votes to be lynched in time. Its zoraster or no lynch.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:39 am

Post by Herodotus »

Seraphim wrote:Come on folks, it's not TOO LATE to lynch VasudeVa. Bleagh.

Unvote
Vote: mith

The zoraster wagon feels wrong and I think KMD has outlined the reasons for why mith is the right lynch for today.
^^^ scummy
Your conclusion is ____

I'm willing to move to zoraster before deadline, but for now
VOTE: DrippingGoofball
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

If we no lynch and hero is still voting dgb, don't let him get away with it tomorrow.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:03 am

Post by mith »

AdumbroDeus, Kmd: VV doesn't have the votes to be lynched by deadline, but DGB may. Thoughts on DGB?

Note: I don't think anyone should be switching from the zoraster wagon unless they are definitely going to be on again before deadline. There are currently enough of us available to switch to zoraster to avoid no lynch, but someone switching to DGB and then not being around to switch back might leave us in no-lynch land, if DGB doesn't have the votes.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:10 am

Post by mith »

ekiM, Ellibereth, ooba: None of you have posted content recently. Thoughts on DGB and zoraster, go.

Mod:
ekiM is over the 48 hour mark.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:22 am

Post by Patrick »

Done a sweep and prodded everyone over the 48 hour mark.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:20 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

mith wrote:AdumbroDeus, Kmd: VV doesn't have the votes to be lynched by deadline, but DGB may. Thoughts on DGB?

Note: I don't think anyone should be switching from the zoraster wagon unless they are definitely going to be on again before deadline. There are currently enough of us available to switch to zoraster to avoid no lynch, but someone switching to DGB and then not being around to switch back might leave us in no-lynch land, if DGB doesn't have the votes.
If necessary I'll switch my vote to zoraster to secure a lynch, but I think VV is obviousscum, TBH I'm wondering why the heck he's still alive.

DGB is probably town imo.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Elmo »

^ why is DGB town?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Herodotus »

Kmd4390 wrote:If we no lynch and hero is still voting dgb, don't let him get away with it tomorrow.
That's silly, KMD.
Are mith, Adum, and Elmo all scum because they've posted since your post 1210 and didn't vote zoraster, which means they must want to no lynch (along with anyone else who does the same)? Or is there something different about me?

Also,
Elmo wrote:^ why is DGB town?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Herodotus »

Hm, my second paragraph was a bit of a strawman, but I still think KMD was being silly.

Regardless, if we nolynch and I'm still voting DGB and zor is at L-1 and DGB is not at L-1, it's because I lost electricity/internet access.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:38 am

Post by SpyreX »

Your conclusion is ____
Readily apparent?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Patrick »

iamausername replaces Papa Zito.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Elmo »

Meh. I'm not gonna be around again before deadline, we'd need another 5 to lynch DGB or 3 for zoraster, so this is probably necessary. UNVOTE: DrippingGoofball, VOTE: zoraster

~~~

Unofficial Count Nao

zoraster (7) -- ekiM, Plumegranate, Rhinox, SpyreX, DrippingGoofball, Kmd4390, Elmo
DrippingGoofball (3) -- zoraster, mith, Herodotus
mith (2) -- VasudeVa, Seraphim
VasudeVa (1) -- ooba
ooba (1) -- iamausername
Seraphim (1) -- My Milked Eek
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:25 am

Post by mith »

That pretty much rules out a DGB lynch, then.

Power roles should know what to do tonight (if not, read through the discussion back on whatever page, or ISO me to find the relevant stuff).

UNVOTE: DrippingGoofball
VOTE: zoraster
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:39 am

Post by ekiM »

So zoraster disappeared once his wagon started to waver. Hasn't explained how he could have missed the KMD claim on re-read, hasn't provided anything that would actually be useful if he's town. Scum giving up.
KMD wrote:Wait. The part where you say "I'm still not seeing how he as town doing a reread and posting thoughts on everyone could have possibly missed the Kmd claim" ... Why does he have to be scum if this is the case? You could replace the word "town" with "scum" and it still makes just as much sense. How could scum possibly miss that? How could town? The answer doesn't change either way.
You're missing the point. It looks like he hasn't re-read. He said he re-read. So he's lying. So his alignment is...

It's a bit less than eight hours to deadline and I think we're at L-1 on zoraster. This is the only lynch that's happening today so somebody be around to hammer. Herodotus?

I don't think mith's idea that zor might be scum faking is particularly likely. I think zor's scum who hasn't read the thread carefully because he doesn't care about figuring things out. I don't see this extra possibility I don't agree with makes mith scummy though. Why why would scummith need to invent a reason to vote for zoraster? There are enough good reasons to make that vote. The thought process in #1160 seems fine, and #1170.

DGB's attempt to piggyback on KMD's bad logic is bad... but I don't know how to evaluate whether DGB is being opportunistic here. Would DGBscum really expect that argument to achieve a lynch, if she recognized it as bad? It seems more likely she's genuinely misunderstanding what's going on with mith's thinking, which is null. And she was making sense to me earlier.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”