Mini 1021: Battousai's Mountaintnous Mountain Mafia (Over)

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Nightwolf wrote:I think something was misunderstood there. I meant, does your other post mean that 3-4pm is the last time you'll be checking the thread this game day.
Dont know. I will for sure get to check around then, most likely be able to for a couple hours after, although I am not sure. Im a college student, its a friday... yeah its unpredictable.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by Nightwolf »

Hmm... ok. I would prefer more time for people to have a chance to see that Nexus is a potential lynch than that, given the low activity levels recently, but I should get home about an hour before you then so I'll think about it.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Mod...when is the deadline today? Is it the same as before - 1000 hours (GMT-5 hrs)?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by Nightwolf »

Last mention of it I've seen was this:
Battousai wrote:
LoudmouthLee has been prodded! Deadline has been extended to Sep 10th at 2300hrs (UTC-5)
(and I looked it up - UTC is the same as GMT)
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by Nexus »

Oh. Of course. No worries.

Do whatever you think is the best course of action, then.
Trans rights are human rights.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Nightwolf wrote:Last mention of it I've seen was this:
Battousai wrote:
LoudmouthLee has been prodded! Deadline has been extended to Sep 10th at 2300hrs (UTC-5)
Thanks. So 2300 Eastern Standard Time. That gives me all day to move my vote if it looks like my least preferred option among the three 3-vote wagons is the frontrunner.

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

havingfitz wrote:
Nightwolf wrote:Last mention of it I've seen was this:
Battousai wrote:
Thanks. So 2300 Eastern Standard Time. That gives me all day to move my vote if it looks like my least preferred option among the three 3-vote wagons is the frontrunner.
Which is?

I really am not too sure what your thoughts are off the top of my head.
Co-host of The USL Show
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:36 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Nexus is Llama your number one pick for scum?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:48 am

Post by Nexus »

Sotty7 wrote:Nexus is Llama your number one pick for scum?
Yes. Hence my vote being on him. The only reason I took it off was to keep him from L-1 three days before deadline, so as noone hammered before we could explore all avenues. I put it on LmL so it was somewhere, and he was my second choice.
Trans rights are human rights.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:52 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Small break before class to say that this really sucks.

I am almost certain that Nexus is town, but is my only vote to not get lynched... so I will be a bit evil here.

unvote
vote nexus

@Nexus - If you vote LmL, I will unvote you and vote LmL, putting him at tiebreak deadline lynch. This is true if anyone votes LmL that was not voting him already. I have class in 5 minutes, will check to see what happened after that since I need to hang around campus for a few minutes and colelct data for a lab.
Co-host of The USL Show
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I was hoping that Nexus would put his vote on LmL as I would prefer that lynch over any other of the possibles right now.

There are so many people deadline lurking that it is making it hard to do anything.
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Nightwolf »

Nightwolf wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:I will vote Nexus out of self-preservation before deadline, but would almost infinately prefer to see a LmL lynch.
I have no problem switching over to LmL if the situation requires it, since according to the given top 2 lists the town as a whole would rather have him lynched than Nexus, at least according to currently available information.
I'm a bit surprised you (Llama) didn't wait for me to check in considering the above post. I did think about it and this does still apply though, so taking your last post into account:

UNVOTE: Nexus
VOTE: LmL

If I don't see your vote moved back in an hour or two (by which you say you should be checking in again for potentially the last time) I'm hopping back to Nexus.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Nexus wrote:@Lateralus: Why would I interact with Prana just because he brought me over to MS? You can read the thread again, I haven't spoken to him unless necessary. I was always under the impression it was against the rules to discuss the game outside of the thread, and as I have no means of doing so with him, I haven't had much interaction with him in the thread.
fail.

It's human nature to talk to someone you're confortable/familar with. That aside can you at least pay attention to the vote count? That point isn't too strong… though I do find it worrying that Nexus knowing this didn't try to interact with Prana or question him. Less interactions means less information for the town, I can see scum trying to avoid each other in order to survive the game.

Why are you even meaning outside the thread? I'm clearly talking about ingame.

@Night

On one I think Sotty explained it well. It's either lackadaisical scum hunting or lazy scum opportunistic strategy.

On two I want to place more emphasis on LmL triggering Prana's vote as the key to the opportunistism point.

On four I posted it because Prana wanted me to, it isn't being used against Prana. It's fine if he doesn't think wendy was town but I do think my interpretation is a little more valid than wendy's scum lolz considering his flip.

I think the points you mentioned in my adv are stronger than those that Prana has.

Thank you for going onto the details of the event, Sotty and you are the only ones who did that while others ignored it or simply said they liked or didn't like it I think.

Now on to Prana and Nexus.

An example of scum distancing here
Prana wrote:Much as I think you seem to be a stand up bloke, in this game you're beginning to small a bit of scum. You're using phrases like Tunnelling when at this stage I honestly don't think anyone has. Xite has, indeed, focused on you a fair bit, but he's looking elsewhere too. So that's not tunelling, and that would be the absolute closest player you could even attempt it on as he's been pointing out stuff you've said for a while. Then you've used OMGUS, which doesn't really work if the person has a reason for voting you beyond "He voted me!".
Now here's an example of coaching,
Prana wrote:However to answer your question (even though it's shown my comment wasn't really needed now) is that Nexus had proceeded to unvote afterwards Lat, consider it more me giving him advice than just attacking him or anything.
I suggest everyone to read Prana's Iso for day 1. Try and see how many original thoughts he brings, I have the data for his votes in a different post of mine. You'll mostly find a few weak points, but other than that he pretty much agrees with others and votes when other people are.

I want to vote Nexus, but I'm torn at my decision. LmL is a case of messing up on day two while Nexus has done scummy things scattered across.

LmL at worst is lazy scum making a shit case on Llama and at best he's a hypocrite.

Nexus at worst is scum with Prana, most of his large contributions are actually rather unhelpful considering I don't remember any of them moving the game forward too much. There's also clear scum motivation for things.

At best he's just a shit town, who doesn't do to much and is playing to survive I think.

lol just noticed Nexus still hasn't given any details on certain points on the Lat and Prana event.

Note, I saw Prana reading the section here. Why didn't he post, change his vote? Something. If you have that much time to defend yourself you should be looking for scum.

I'll do some reading on both of them and give the final vote. I really want to vote for Nexus, but I'm concerned about LmL and the case IAU supplied along with his lurking right now.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:52 am

Post by havingfitz »

I still prefer Nexus over LmL and Llama. I would have moved to LmL to prevent a Llama lynch (for now) but now Llama appears safe. Neither Nexus or LmL doing anything to defend themselves. I'll keep mine on Nexus as I think it's between him and LmL at this point.

Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Nightwolf »

Couple quick things:

1) Lat (or anyone else stopping by), do you happen to know around when it was first mentioned in thread that Prana and Nexus came from another site? I couldn't find it with a quick skim of his iso and I don't have enough time at the moment to look much closer for it.

2) Llama has about 20-30 minutes left before I move back to Nexus. If Lat chooses to vote Nexus instead of LmL, then I will be moving back to Nexus either way, since there was no previous indication of him supporting a Nexus lynch over an LmL one.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

unvote
vote LmL

There is a very high likelyhood this will be about my last post of the game day. I will be around for another hour tops.
Co-host of The USL Show
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Right, actually I don't think my vote's going to be the hammer as I expect a few people to unvote or vote how they want.

Vote: Nexus

I see the things against him as a better reason to lynch.

At best nexus is a shit town, at worst he's Prana's scum partner. He's done very little to actually move the game forward.

LmL at best is a hypocrite, at worst he's lazy scum making a shit case.

LmL's more of someone who messed up day 2 while Nexus has scummy things scattered throughout. I think the recent events and the case against Nexus makes him a better lynch since Prana most likely isn't getting lynched today.

Gut along with the points against Nexus for the day leads to my vote against him. I like the cases against Nexus better than the LmL one but the problem is he's lurking.

Night, both Prana AND Nexus implied connections with eachother in their first post of this game. Iso #14 for Prana is when he outright states it. Looking over his reasoning for not calling out stuff on Nexus seems weird because when he does think Nexus is scummy he doesn't vote for Nexus.

So let's get this done now.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Gota respond to something up above, last part was a response to Night's question just so you know now.
Lateralus22 wrote:lama has about 20-30 minutes left before I move back to Nexus. If Lat chooses to vote Nexus instead of LmL, then I will be moving back to Nexus either way, since there was no previous indication of him supporting a Nexus lynch over an LmL one.

Was this directed at me because...
Lateralus wrote:I want to vote Nexus, but I'm torn at my decision
Why exactly did you unvote but then voted again? why was my vote part of your choice? I'm a little confused.
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Nightwolf »

UNVOTE: LmL
VOTE: Nexus

It was a general declaration. If you look at the post of mine I quoted recently it states that part of my willingness to vote for LmL over Nexus was that most of the town had LmL in their top two while it seemed the only people that wanted a Nexus lynch at all were the 3 of us voting for him at the time. However, with another person changing to favor a Nexus Lynch over a LmL one, that tips the scales back where I would have kept my vote on Nexus otherwise. If you want a better explanation I should have more time to offer one closer to deadline (I will definately be stopping in again within an hour or two of it either way)
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Leech »

Nexus wrote:Didn't want Llamafluff at L-1 when there was three days to go, because he could've self-hammered to prevent anymore scum hunting. I thought should have my vote somewhere before I went v/la, so I voted for my second suspect. After that, Nightwolf had voted for me, so Llamafluff was no longer at L-1, meaning I was happy to, whilst Ihad internet access, change my vote back to my initial, main suspect.
I understand what you are saying, I just don't believe it. You didn't want to put your highest suspect at L-1, so you'll vote fore LmL for a completely ridiculous reason, just to have your vote out there? Ok, other players have done that in this game, IAU for example, but he did not do that this close to a deadline. If Llama was your main suspect your vote should have been there, period. Your vote for LmL was either you bussing your partner, or just not wanting to be the player to cast an L-1 vote out of fear of drawing suspicion towards yourself.
Nexus wrote:I'm not bussing LmL, I just believe that a townie would not go awol without saying anything, and yes I believe not defending yourself is a scumtell.
You don't believe that town would go awol without saying anything? Really? You haven't seen countless games on this forum where someone will just up and disappear resulting in a replacement? Dalt is a great example of this happening in this very game. He didn't defend himself either. If you look at nothing but this game, alone, you'll see how ridiculous what you are saying, truly is.
Nexus wrote:Why would I interact with Prana just because he brought me over to MS? You can read the thread again, I haven't spoken to him unless necessary. I was always under the impression it was against the rules to discuss the game outside of the thread, and as I have no means of doing so with him, I haven't had much interaction with him in the thread.
I believe his point was that you obviously have more experiences with his plays in the game, therefore should have more insight to add on the cases against him. The fact that you haven't had much interaction with him in this thread, unless I'm mistaken, was actually his point.

Nexus is the better lynch in this phase. I definitely consider some of his plays to have been frustratedly bussing a partner, so I want to see nexus flip before a LmL lynch. Let's look at the scenarios here:

We lynch Nexus:
1. Nexus flips scum, the possibility of Nexus bussing is a distinct possibility.
2. Nexus flips town, then a lot of the reason to suspect LmL is no longer there.

We lynch LmL:
1. He flips scum, the possibility of Nexus bussing is still a distinct possibility.
2. He flips town, Nexus still could have been trying to setup a mislynch.

We get more answers from lynching Nexus, than LmL. In any event, this is my last post of the phase. I have a busy night ahead of me. (Refer to avatar)
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Nexus, LmL just leaving without saying anything is shit, it's implied in several of his posts about how he doesn't have much time to post.

Leech I don't think if Nexus flips town that clears LmL. Also I've been looking over Prana / Nexus a bit and I'm a little confused. I'm starting to wonder if Prana buddeyed up with him to get a lynch against him with guilt of association. Though considering Nexus's game so far I don't think that's the case. Though if he do flips town I wouldn't say it clears Prana considering it's still odd.

Earlier post of mine the quote's Night's, also Night thanks for explaining I think I understand.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

My current two tells for Nexus town are

1) His reaction towards TW at the end of day one. He seemed genuinely frustrated that TW created a black hole of attention near the end of the day.

**Counterpoint - Nexus was voting TW. "Wasting the day" is only something to get upset about if someone is town.

2) Recent non-vote. I made a statement that said that I would vote Nexus, putting him as the tiebreaker deadline lynch, and he did not react with a self-preservation move that he easily could have made thanks to past suspicions.

My gut just says that Nexus is probably town. There are worse lynches out there but not many.
Co-host of The USL Show
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

First quote of a misquoted post of mine is Nightwolf's btw, also fitz what do you think of Llama now?

Looking at town tells for Nexus I wouldn't say your second post is one considering he hasn't posted.

Is the day over?
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Nightwolf »

LlamaFluff wrote:My current two tells for Nexus town are

1) His reaction towards TW at the end of day one. He seemed genuinely frustrated that TW created a black hole of attention near the end of the day.

**Counterpoint - Nexus was voting TW. "Wasting the day" is only something to get upset about if someone is town.

2) Recent non-vote. I made a statement that said that I would vote Nexus, putting him as the tiebreaker deadline lynch, and he did not react with a self-preservation move that he easily could have made thanks to past suspicions.

My gut just says that Nexus is probably town. There are worse lynches out there but not many.
Is #2 talking about a) the time between when you made the statement and when you actually voted for him or b) the time between when you voted for him and when you jumped off of him.

Also this is likely my last post of the day as well, though I'll hang around for a little while before signing out.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Battousai »

Final Vote Count:

Nexus -4- havingfitz, Leech, Lateralus22, Nightwolf

LoudmouthLee
-3- iamausername, Sotty7, Llamafluff
Llamafluff
-3- PranaDevil, LoudmouthLee, Nexus

Not Voting:
No one

Nexus -Vanilla Townie- has been lynched D2

It is now Night 2. Day 3 will begin September 13th at 1100 (UTC-5, which is the same as GMT-5, but I looked it up and found that GMT is outdated)!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”