And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Reckamonic wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:All of your arguments have just copied others; my lack of my reasoning when voting Zach, the VT/scum thing, why I trust Scott so much, etc.
proof?
Dude, it's like 80% of the whole game. I only have so much time to play mafia today. Use your eyes. You aren't the first person to questioning my initial lack of Zach vote reasoning (Zach himself argued this with me, ISO him) or to ask me about the VT/scum thing (Aldusskel, ISO him) or why I trust Scott so much (Soc, I believe, talked to me about this: ISO him.)

Preview Edit: So, saying "This is untrue because DH is just being fucking stupid" isn't ad-hom? Which you've done a few times, actually.
This is false, prove me wrong.[/quote]

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p2497469

I suppose that's the closest you've come; I felt between our back and forth that you did use ad hom against me but I suppose I was mistaken in this case.

It may have been inane babble, but it was constructed very carefully.

I'm still waiting to see your response to most of my points though, especially now that voll is town because he's always town and before, it was this:

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2496515

I retract my ad-hom statement. Doesn't change the argument. And doesn't change the fact that I didn't use it.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Maemuki replaces YoshiX. Thanks a bunch!
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Maemuki, thoughts on the game so far?

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Reading her wiki. Chronic lurker, huh?

This is going to be a long game...

You want this one.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Socrates »

oshit I forgot about this game.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by Maemuki »

That was 35355466 years ago. You shouldn't judge people you've never played with.

Reeeeeading.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Maemuki wrote:That was 35355466 years ago. You shouldn't judge people you've never played with.

Reeeeeading.
Yay!

You want this one.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:26 pm

Post by Maemuki »

Ok, catching up won’t work, since, well, it’s outdated. I’m just going to do single player analysis instead.
Alduskkel ~
I get town vibes in the beginning, when his reasoning is almost identical to mine regarding Socrates. However, the rest of the post is meaningless, which is kinda bad. Asks a lot of questions, which is good, but, at the same time, I
think
(keyword here being think) that he’s trying to keep his options a bit open. Nullread.

DemonHybrid ~
Huge walls of text with Socrates that can be written by scum or town…(yeah I know I’m not helping hold your horses) but it all cancels out. He’s trying to help, I believe. I agree with whoever said that the argument with Socratas is too genuine to be bussing.
Espeonage ~
No content. At all. Not skimming is <3. However, I’m waiting for the replacement.

Horrordude ~
His attack in Zach’s case makes no sense to me, especially the choice of words. Not all of us are native speakers you know? Anyway, on to the important stuff. His vote on Espeonage makes no sense either. You have a huge case on Zach (which it seems you’re pretty confident of), yet you vote for Espeonage. Is it just beacuse he has more votes = more chance of getting lynched?

q21 ~
Who? Oh, that guy. There’s honestly not much to say…he’s definately a step up from Espeonage, but he still lurks a bit. Voting for lurkers is the easiest way to look town, after all, but I still don't have much of a read. I have to throw the nullread card again, folks.

Reckamonic ~
Oh you. Excuses, no reasoning for votes…somebody was trying to think of a witty comeback for the answering part in the answering questions post. So somebody who completely agrees with you is town, Volkan is town, because. hahaZachobvtown…I could go on, you know.

Right now, that’s where my vote is going. Please make some sense.
Vote: Reckamonic
. I would vote for Espeonage, but trying to make somebody who isn't there talk is a bit impossible.

More later…I hate catching up.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:28 am

Post by q21 »

Reckamonic wrote: Sidenote, q21's vote on Zachrulez reeks of scum attempting to start an alternate wagon. It just comes in out of the blue and doesn't make sense in context.

-snip-

ANOTHER ANOTHER SIDENOTE. q21 is definitely scum for that attempted shift of attention. Again.
Starting an alternate wagon and attempting to shift direction? Yep, guilty of both. If the path I'm currently on doesn't seem to be leading where I want then I change. The Ald wagon was already derailing, it was unlikely to pick up momentum again, therefore it wasn't going give anymore info, so I changed my vote. Zach's play seemed a little scummy when I voted for him, it improved over time until I was no longer interested in voting him, so I unvoted. Espeonage was the definition of an active lurker, but now its seems that he's flaked which makes his previous behavious null instead of scummy, so...
unvote

There is nothing scummy in these actions.
DemonHybrid wrote:
Reckamonic wrote:DH's jump onto us is just bad. He's whining about not giving reasoning for voting, which is COMPLETELY FUCKING HYPOCRITICAL.
Cool, well, by this part, I had given reasons for all of my actions. You flat out refused to ever do. And here you are, giving reasons.

You aren't consistent. Stop being anti-town.
Wait... did you honestly just attack him for finally providing the reasoning we've all been asking for? Seriously? I have no issue with you countering the actual reasons, but attacking the fact that he supplied them reeks of desperation.

Vote DH

Because so far as I'm concerned that is the scummiest thing anyone's done all game.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Maemuki wrote:
Horrordude ~
His attack in Zach’s case makes no sense to me, especially the choice of words. Not all of us are native speakers you know? Anyway, on to the important stuff. His vote on Espeonage makes no sense either. You have a huge case on Zach (which it seems you’re pretty confident of), yet you vote for Espeonage. Is it just beacuse he has more votes = more chance of getting lynched?
Yeah, this looks like a pretty safe place to park a vote after the scrutiny he received for his vote on me.

Reckamonic ~
Oh you. Excuses, no reasoning for votes…somebody was trying to think of a witty comeback for the answering part in the answering questions post. So somebody who completely agrees with you is town, Volkan is town, because. hahaZachobvtown…I could go on, you know.[/quote]

265 goes a long way to explaining his reasoning, did you read it?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:51 am

Post by Zachrulez »

EBWOP: Forgot a quote tag.
Maemuki wrote:
Horrordude ~
Yeah, this looks like a pretty safe place to park a vote after the scrutiny he received for his vote on me.
Maemuki wrote:
Reckamonic ~
Oh you. Excuses, no reasoning for votes…somebody was trying to think of a witty comeback for the answering part in the answering questions post. So somebody who completely agrees with you is town, Volkan is town, because. hahaZachobvtown…I could go on, you know.
265 goes a long way to explaining his reasoning, did you read it?
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:05 am

Post by Maemuki »

Zachrulez wrote:265 goes a long way to explaining his reasoning, did you read it?
Yup. So you're obvTown because...
Zachrulez wrote:You were counting on an unvote when you made that vote?

Risky way to get reactions... but you seem genuinely interested in getting reads on people. Leaning town.

Vote: DemonHybrid

Too confident/certain in early reads. Getting a bad vibe from it.

Have you played other games on MS Demon?
No I really can't see why. Was it because you defended Socrates? Because you made a town read? Voted DemonHybrid? Got bad vibes? There's only so much I can get from that!

(No, "if you don't see it I won't explain it" is not a valid reason.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:15 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Maemuki wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:265 goes a long way to explaining his reasoning, did you read it?
Yup. So you're obvTown because...
Zachrulez wrote:You were counting on an unvote when you made that vote?

Risky way to get reactions... but you seem genuinely interested in getting reads on people. Leaning town.

Vote: DemonHybrid

Too confident/certain in early reads. Getting a bad vibe from it.

Have you played other games on MS Demon?
No I really can't see why. Was it because you defended Socrates? Because you made a town read? Voted DemonHybrid? Got bad vibes? There's only so much I can get from that!

(No, "if you don't see it I won't explain it" is not a valid reason.)
Well I don't know why he thinks I'm town.

I do know that his views on the game are very similar to mine, some of which could be explained by possible buddying perhaps, but I'm not getting that vibe from his/their play. (And I've seen them both as scum and have a pretty good idea what to look for.)
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:04 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Wait... did you honestly just attack him for finally providing the reasoning we've all been asking for? Seriously? I have no issue with you countering the actual reasons, but attacking the fact that he supplied them reeks of desperation.
What?

Read. That wasn't an attack. I'm just saying that he did the exact same thing as me and then called me a hypocrite for it. It was a defense telling him that he's finding the smallest things scummy and that it's anti-town.

I don't see how that's any different than what I've been saying.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:09 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

DemonHybrid wrote:
What?

Read. That wasn't an attack. I'm just saying that he did the exact same thing as me and then called me a hypocrite for it. It was a defense telling him that he's finding the smallest things scummy and that it's anti-town.

I don't see how that's any different than what I've been saying.
EBWOP: Rather, the focus is on the fact that I think it's hypocritical but ANTI-TOWN, not scummy. Like I said, I think he's just a stubborn VT at this point. You could argue against that like Alduskkel did, but it's a giant hunch of mine.

You want this one.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Unvote
. Wanted to see some effort toward a town win condition from Reckamonic, I think I've gotten that at least somewhat.

With Espeonage going/gone I'm going to have to rethink my scum reads.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Fifth Vote Count:

DemonHybrid (3) – Socrates, reckamonic, q21
Espeonage (2) – Untrod tripod, Horrordude0215
Horrordude0215 (1) – Zachrulez
Reckamonic (2) – Scott Brosius, Maemuki

Not Voting: Espeonage, vollkan, Alduskkel, Demon Hybrid

Deadline is September 15th, 10:00 CST. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

If I made any mistakes, let me know ASAP!
Last edited by Skill006 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

I'm on the no-voting list.

fixed
Last edited by Skill006 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

You want this one.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:01 pm

Post by vollkan »

UT wrote: Also his posting style seems to mainly be reactive to little things that other people have said rather than analyzing the play of others.
Any specific example/s?
UT wrote: Plus he admitted to skimming.
As an occasional skimmer, this isn't a scumtell. It's more a tell or boredom/distractedness. The fact he has now replaced out only, I would argue, further establishes this.

You've been around on site since 2003, I see. Have you played many games in that time? The reason I am asking is that I consider attacking "skimming" to be a mild scumtell from experienced players.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Socrates »

Catching up all at once like this tends to not work very well for me, so I'll just throw out how I feel about various things and then people can be all like "oh hell no" and then I defend my stances.

Reckamonic is town.

DH is still my favorite vote. He has an absurd activity level, but thats to be expected on the player than has had (in my opinion) the most pressure, so thats pretty null.

Ald is town. He isn't looking for an excuse to park his vote somewhere and is moving his vote around a lot with an inquisitive mindset.

Esp is 100% null. The hate he has been getting has been of low quality and if he is town, he makes a pretty easy target for the scumbags. I don't know. My gut wants to say that if he was scum his buddies would have attempted to shift attention away from him harder. I need to reread that part of the game.

Mae gives an incomplete player list evaluation in 282, which always makes me go ermmm. I feel like that kind of thing is significant, but I am never able to quantify what that significance is.

I am downgrading Scott from town to null. I think I was a bit too loose with that town read.

Zack still gives off that townie vibe.

Volkan, do you usually hold off on a serious vote for this long?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Socrates wrote:
Mae gives an incomplete player list evaluation in 282, which always makes me go ermmm. I feel like that kind of thing is significant, but I am never able to quantify what that significance is.
In your catch up post, you do as well. You state no opinion on Horrordude, q21, or Untrue Tripod.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Zachrulez »

EBWOP: Untrod Tripod

For whatever reason it enters my brain as Untrue Tripod when I read it...
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

vollkan wrote:Any specific example/s?
If you read his ISO, I'd say that posts 15-19 are a good example. I don't think reposting them would be worth it, just look at them if you need to. I don't think they helped advance the game or hunt for scum. I don't think that in and of itself means he's scum, but it seems to me that he didn't do a lot of scumhunting or real participation, so it's a kind of stalling imo.
volkan wrote: As an occasional skimmer, this isn't a scumtell. It's more a tell or boredom/distractedness. The fact he has now replaced out only, I would argue, further establishes this.
Perhaps I wasn't at all clear about this. I was more confused by his admitting to skimming. I've never seen someone say "yeah, I've been skimming. yep". I consider it more of a WAT tell than a scumtell. Which is why I followed that statement with ". Wat." I imagine that was really unclear. I agree, though, that his replacing out means that he was more just uninvolved in the game than trying to stay in the background
unvote Espeonage
volkan wrote:You've been around on site since 2003, I see. Have you played many games in that time? The reason I am asking is that I consider attacking "skimming" to be a mild scumtell from experienced players.
I've played, left and come back a number of times under various lusernames since 2003. No I'm not going to elaborate on that point. I wouldn't say that skimming is scummy, I would say that saying "lots of people skim....yeah, I've been skimming" after having being inactive the whole game and then not posting, really, is suspect. However, as we covered above, he replaced out, so that whole bit is kind of rendered null.

Zachrulez wrote:For whatever reason it enters my brain as Untrue Tripod when I read it...
lolz? Probably because you want to replace "untrod" with a word you see/read/think a lot more often. It's still kinda funny though. Unless you're trying to subtly color me as a liar, which is a weaksauce strategy, sir :P.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Skill006 »

drmyshottyizsik replaces espeonage. Thanks!
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:32 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

vote reck

I'll read and post tomorow.
#freeShotty

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”