Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Zerofang, what IS a vanilla townie's purpose in the game, other than to find scum?
How could you enjoy playing roles you haven't played before?
Why did you decide to answer those random questions?
Name the scumtells you saw in post #8.
Who is scum, other than Tasky? Who is town?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Antihero »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Antihero, were any of your votes random?
Nope

I've noticed you have a fairly aggressive playstyle, which is good for getting reactions, and pressuring scum. However, you say that you're "not as confident as your tone suggests". Are you saying that no one really should take your suspicions seriously? If not, what was the reasoning for saying that?
I just wanted to calm Tasky down and reassure him that I'm not as arrogant as my posts would suggest (he said something to the effect of "the earth doesn't revolve around YOU").

You mention SoW's crappy vote for Tasky (ISO 10, 14). Why no vote for him?
Because jimfinn is a better vote.
It's a bit odd you criticize the weakness of someone's vote when you're voting with that person.
His motivations were different from mine.

How many scum do you think were on the Tasky wagon on its peak?
List all of the wagoners, from most likely to be scum to least likely, assuming Tasky-Town.
I'm excluding myself (I'll let you decide that). jimfinn, SoW, Robbnva = Zerofang
Now try that assuming Tasky-Scum.
I'd have to give that one some more thought... I'll do that in my next post.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

jimfinn, why do you prefer having a kill in mafia games?
What do you think of Robbnva?
Why should I shoot Tasky right now?
What is a protown reaction to a wagon being formed on you?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

IMPORTANT NOTE: DON'T CLAIM. EVEN IF YOU THINK I'M GOING TO SHOOT YOU. IF YOUR FEELING IS WRONG, SCUM WILL PICK YOU OFF AT NIGHT. IF YOUR FEELING IS RIGHT, I'M GOING TO SHOOT YOU ANYWAYS.

Thank you.

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Antihero »

Narsis is a good target, you should vig him.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Antihero wrote:Narsis is a good target, you should vig him.
loldead
Don't @ me.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Antihero »

^What does that mean?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Narsis, are you telling me that the only think you got from your read-through of the game is that question for Esp? You have no opinion on Shepherd's vote for Tasky? Tasky's vote for Robbnva? Maddie's absense? The Tasky Wagon in general? Why didn't you answer Esp's questions, if you only had that tiny little thing to comment on? Comment on ALL posts that catch your attention, even those that you just have a tiny little gut feeling about and really can't explain why.

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Antihero »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Narsis, are you telling me that the only think you got from your read-through of the game is that question for Esp? You have no opinion on Shepherd's vote for Tasky? Tasky's vote for Robbnva? Maddie's absense? The Tasky Wagon in general? Why didn't you answer Esp's questions, if you only had that tiny little thing to comment on? Comment on ALL posts that catch your attention, even those that you just have a tiny little gut feeling about and really can't explain why.
It's because he's scum and he doesn't care about anything except for finding the power roles.

Shooty, shooty, please.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Robbnva, would you agree with me that I should shoot CryMeARiver this moment? If so, why? If not, why not?
Would you try to stop me if I told you I was going to shoot Tasky in my next post?
Do you believe in a Lynch All Liars policy?
Are you afraid of being lynched? Are you afraid of being shot?
Let's say I kill you now. You're allowed to make one last post before I kill you. What does that post look like?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Shepherd_of_Wolves, to what extent should we defend our townreads? Should we defend them against their first attacker? Should we defend them at L-2, right before they're forced to claim? Should we defend them at all?
ISO 12 has you unvoting Tasky. ISO 13 has you voting Tazaro and noting a possible Tasky-Tazaro connection. Why do you continue to attack someone you just unvoted?
Is skimming the game a scumtell?
Which would make you more confident of a Tasky-Tazaro scumteam? A Tasky scumflip, or a Tazaro scumflip?
Why did you choose to FoS Robbnva in the biginning of the game as opposed to vote him? Do you not like the RVS? If not, why didn't you say so?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Espeonage, could you answer your own questions how you would if you were scum? Then, please answer them in the scummiest way imaginable, that would reveal whoever answered the questions as scum to even the worst of scumhunters. You are not allowed to claim scum while doing this.
Do you think I should submit my daykill publicly or via PM?
What was the point of what you said about Tasky in ISO 16?
If you accidentally caught what was a blatant cop breadcrumb by Antihero, would you call him out on it? What if this breadcrumb came by Tasky? What are the pro-town reasons for ignoring it? What are the protown reasons for calling them out on it?

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Will do in a sec. I'm interpreting what you are asking as what I would have answered if I was trying to look as townie as possible.
Publically. Scum may flail. Town can get some info across before hitting the floor.
lemme go have a look.
Depends when in the game. Early I wouldn't call it out unless I knew there was a doc and no RB. I would call it out late because it would be important to get some confirms. By not calling it out then there is a chance scum missed thus not alerting them would be good. Not really many unless they also breadcrumbed a scum result.
Don't @ me.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

CMAR, why haven't you posted since you provided your idea?
What was the difference between Zero's early posting and Antihero's? (Why was Zero reaching, but Antihero wasn't?)
Why would you mention finding town PR tells? Were you looking for them?
Do you believe in a Lynch All Liars policy in this game specifically?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Tazaro, is Tasky town? Yes or no please.
Who are the scum who have voted for Tasky? Pick me two names.
Are you town-aligned?
Should I hold off on my shot, or should I take it based on responses to my questions?
Should I declare who I'm going to shoot before shooting them, to give them a chance to defend themselves? Why/Why not?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Tasky, why should I shoot Robbnva? Are you willing to be the lynch for today if he flips town?
Do you tend to lie in real life?
Do you think Tazaro is buddying up to you?

Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

Response to Nachonmamma8

to what extent should we defend our townreads?
That is a good question. I do not defend town reads too much. I generally attack scum reads. But, If you are going to defend someone, I think it should have stated reasons. Your defense of another player needs to be very clear. If it is not clear, it is suspect.

Should we defend them against their first attacker?
It is not about who their attacker is. Or, when their attack comes. To defend a town read, only is viable based on reporting and analyzing the data that gives you the read. Defend a town read when you have honest reasons to point out stating they are town.

Should we defend them at L-2, right before they're forced to claim?
Town will focus on reasons. Defending them when you think it is appropriate, but before they are in real danger. Only when a viable defense is supported by reason. But, allowing them to be attacked for a period can help identify scum. If scum feels they are confirmed town, then they are more likely to avoid the attack. If scum feel they are neutral in the eyes of town, and they can twist their image, then scum may pursue it. Let the town interact for a while before defending them. Only for the purpose to identify scum who are looking for a "lynch candidate".

Should we defend them at all?
If we have good reason, town should defend each other. The purpose is to kill scum. Just standing idle on a strong town read, is not favorable to a town win. But, any defense should be supported by reason.

ISO 12 has you unvoting Tasky. ISO 13 has you voting Tazaro and noting a possible Tasky-Tazaro connection. Why do you continue to attack someone you just unvoted?
I still think he is scum. Actually more so now than before. But, as I stated, the reason to unvote him was that my vote reason was resolved. So, I unvoted for that resolution. But, the Tasky and Tazaro connection is growing thicker. My top three suspects are Tazaro, Tasky, and AntiHero. I would not at all be surprised if all flipped scum. They are certainly all highly interactive with each other.

Is skimming the game a scumtell?
What is skimming? Are you saying just hitting surface chatter, and not really analyzing players? I think that skimming the thread is a matter of age, time, and interest. Scum can skim, and have shallow posts. But, so can town. Scum can also be very detailed and involved. I think it is a matter of the real person behind the character more than the character they represent. It is mostly a matter of what is actually said, and what interactions are present that are the strongest scumtells. A skimmer is just a harder read.

Which would make you more confident of a Tasky-Tazaro scumteam? A Tasky scumflip, or a Tazaro scumflip?
Lynching or Killing Tasky would make me most confident. Because Tazaro appears more scum. So, if Tasky flipped, then scum, it would seal the deal on Tazaro for me. But, If Tazaro flipped scum, I would have to evaluate more on Tasky to see. I think Tazaro is scum. Tasky is second on my list. But, If you are asking who I think you should kill, I would say Tazaro. Better to kill the most suspect player, and let the post reads develop more on the less scummy player.

Why did you choose to FoS Robbnva in the biginning of the game as opposed to vote him?
I had no real reason to vote for him. It was my teasing jab. A vote on non-real reason, may not really produce any information in the game. I just had not decided who I wanted to place my first vote on. And, I was okay waiting until I saw what something that I wanted to use to place a vote.

Do you not like the RVS? If not, why didn't you say so?
I do not care one way or another about the RVS. I post content regularly. I feel the best way to encourage others to post is to question them, and state reasons you have to suspect or vote them. RVS has little use to me. It is just a ritual, some times I play and some times I do not. I feel no need to say anything about the ritual, as some means to justify my play. The thing that I find important is to just be involved.
ZeroFang
ZeroFang
Goon
ZeroFang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by ZeroFang »

Zerofang, what IS a vanilla townie's purpose in the game, other than to find scum?
To not get lynched, to dilute/filter out scum logic, and to be such a threat to the mafia that you get NKed in place of a PR. Getting lynched as town is a failure of you to help the town, or a failure of the town to listen to reason.

How could you enjoy playing roles you haven't played before?
(1) I can't, and (2) I decided a long time ago that every role has its place and I'll be happy with whatever I'm given.

Why did you decide to answer those random questions?
At that point in the game there was little information to work with. I chose to answer them to increase the overall amount of information available to us.

Name the scumtells you saw in post #8.
There were none. #8 was a confirmation post with nothing else in it.

Who is scum, other than Tasky? Who is town?
Shepherd has made several cases and switched his vote around a bit, but he's also the only one really posting well made cases this early in the game. Besides Tasky, he's the only one that stands out to me.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:24 pm

ZeroFang, I switched my vote
once
from Tasky to Tazaro. Not "a bit". That implies more than once. And, I numerated my reasons for both unvoting and placing my new vote. If my reasons are flawed, point that out. If not, consider what they imply.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:25 pm

Tazaro, Why have you ignored my case on you? Are my reasons implying the correct interpretation of your character?
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Here is a link to my reasons for voting Tazaro for anyone desiring to review. But, specifically for Tazaro to respond too.

Post #128
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Post by Stef »

The average person lies 3 times during a 10 minute conversation.

Second votecount of D1:

Tazaro(2) - Robbnva, Shepherd_of_Wolves
jimfinn(1) - Antihero
Robbnva(2) - CryMeARiver. Tasky
Shepherd_of_Wolves(1) - Tazaro
Espeonage(1) - Nachomamma8
Tasky(1) -ZeroFang

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is on September 19'th
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Tazaro »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Tazaro, is Tasky town? Yes or no please.
Who are the scum who have voted for Tasky? Pick me two names.
Are you town-aligned?
Should I hold off on my shot, or should I take it based on responses to my questions?
Should I declare who I'm going to shoot before shooting them, to give them a chance to defend themselves? Why/Why not?
1. No
2. Zerofang, Shepherd of Wolves.
3. Yes.
4. Go for it. Shoot whomever is suspicious.
5. Declare who it'll be. More info from reactions is good.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Tazaro »

Shepherd_of_Wolves wrote:Tazaro, Why have you ignored my case on you? Are my reasons implying the correct interpretation of your character?
I can state that I'm a bad player. That's my counterargument.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Antihero »

I'm making this post to remind everyone that jimfinn is still scum and wagon on him would be great.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”