Mini 1041: Wheel of Fortune Mafia (Game over!)

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Xite91 »

Tazaro wrote:My thinking is that if it's credible, then a person (Xite) who attacks said credible thing consequently loses town cred.
But my theory is that if it's credible, and he's using said tactic on the first person, and then using what seems to be the same tactic on another player (or another, etc.) then why would he not ask the question that he said made it credible?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

brianj (2): Charlie, Oman
curiouskarmadog (1): Xite91
PieMan (2): Reckamonic, brianj
Reckamonic (1): yabbaguy
Xite91 (4): curiouskarmadog, Prof. Guppy, Tasky, Tazaro
Not voting (2): FakeGod, PieMan

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Oh wow, I have four votes...
curiouskarmadog wrote:hey xite, quit role fishing...I have my reasons for asking what I asked.

once he(they) answered my question, I dropped it....I never once pushed a case against them (though I was about ready to I think, I felt they were dodging me)

also, Please please please, provide to me the quote where I twisted ANYTHING?!?! What I find really "funny" is you are voting me for twisting words (when i did the exact opposite) and avoiding the Pie wagon (when he ACTUALLY DID TWIST WORDS).

I say if Pie flips scum, his buddy is Xite.

actually the more I think (and reread this is preview)...you are probably scum either way....you are going out of your way to avoid (and make sure everyone knows you are avoiding) the pie wagon. You are voting for reasoning that does not make sense. You are actually down right misrepresenting me or just simply lying. You attack me while I was trying to scum hunting (when I was questioning charilie and fakegod)....AND you are role fishing.

unvote, vote Xite

I will still vote Pie if needed...but I think pressure should be applied here.
an OMGUS vote

Prof. Guppy wrote:I agree with Taz. Making the town play guessing games is anti-town. However, defending someone else's scummy actions the way Xite did is equally as scummy. I don't have a lot of data on Tasky at this point, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Xite91
A bad sheep vote

Oddly enough, he was the second on the pieman wagon, too
Tasky wrote:
PieMan wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Tasky

Wont even state why hes voting.
yes, that's true. so what? why exactly is that scummy?
Tazaro wrote: Let's look at the Pieman bandwagon. Well, there's two good customers on it: Curiouskarmadog reads as town. Reckamonic reads as town. The guy called Pieman is being defended too much by Xite in post 172 (you're next on the lynch list as far as I'm concerned, Xite), and Pieman was weaksauce attacking Charlie for the when and if thing.
Vote: Pieman
would you mind rephrase this post? I honestly didn't really understand your point here.
Xite91 wrote:I didn't see them as legit because it looked like nitpicking (as did pieman's) but CKD seems to be trying REAL hard to derail the scumhunting process based on his ISO
now this is serious bullshit. you think CKD's intention was derailing scumhunting with his question-thing on Charlie/FG. you can't really believe that?
I don't know whether CKD really had anything there or if he just wanted to get town cred, or what else. but his point is completely legitimate until proven otherwise. he obviously had some inside information and the wording of the claim didn't match it, so he asked for a clarification?
I really think you are misrepresenting people here.
UNVOTE: VOTE: Xite91
a blatant wagoner's vote... but actually looking at it, I will take back that his vote on me was a blatant wagon, I forgot he made a point against me... Super buddying up to CKD, how do you know? I didn't find it obvious. This vote is a buddying vote more than anything else
Tazaro wrote:
Xite91 wrote:why do I feel like that theory box is a blatant lie?
Theory box is obv credible.
Vote: Xite
And a neurotic player vote (no offense taz, that part is a joke)
that has to do with me questioning a tactic that a player believes in but doesn't use every time he blatant wagons (his vote on me wasn't a blatant wagon, as stated above, but this isn't the first time I've seen it, like I said, here are games he's done it that are completed, this one he asked and said it was a new technique, but read the last url, he didn't here, and he didn't ask why here. this one is the most important to make my point though.)
There's my defense of asking tasky what was going on, also, he didn't correct me to say that his vote on me wasn't a blatant wagon...
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

PieMan
PieMan
Goon
PieMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by PieMan »

@xite, Can you explain that last part again, it does not make as much sense to me, as it appears to you. I understand that he apparently lied about it being a new technique, its a little different since it seems to involve everyone, instead of just two people, but w/e its not this game.

could you explain the wagoning thing, I did see the trying to get brian to vote for you, but ive come to terms that that is a thing people do on this site, and as much as it should be discouraged, I have to deal with it.

@tazaro are you seriously voting xite, because he thinks/thought the theory box was a crafted lie? Its entirely possible that it is, I wouldnt put my money on it, but it is flawed, and he has used a similar theory before, so I would think it should be less flawed than it is.
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware"
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny"
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Xite91 »

PieMan wrote:@xite, Can you explain that last part again, it does not make as much sense to me, as it appears to you. I understand that he apparently lied about it being a new technique, its a little different since it seems to involve everyone, instead of just two people, but w/e its not this game.

could you explain the wagoning thing, I did see the trying to get brian to vote for you, but ive come to terms that that is a thing people do on this site, and as much as it should be discouraged, I have to deal with it.
Those were his completed games... I was giving a bit of meta of him, in those, only 2 had the same type of wagoning he used here, and of those 2, 1 had stated absolutely nothing, and the other had said it was his first time he was trying it.
I would also add our game together, but it's ongoing (shouldn't be for too much longer though, so bear with me)

hmm? not sure what you mean here
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

PieMan
PieMan
Goon
PieMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by PieMan »

Im trying to get what exactly you mean by wagonning, thats the part im missing, apparently your terminology does not match my terminology.

I also dont get how this meta makes him more likely to be scum, unless I missed a game there, he was town in them all.
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware"
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny"
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Xite91 »

PieMan wrote:Im trying to get what exactly you mean by wagonning, thats the part im missing, apparently your terminology does not match my terminology.

I also dont get how this meta makes him more likely to be scum, unless I missed a game there, he was town in them all.
it doesn't. I'm pointing it out because I was giving my reason for now believing his theory box, which I don't
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Tazaro »

Xite91 wrote:that has to do with me questioning a tactic that a player believes in but doesn't use every time he blatant wagons (his vote on me wasn't a blatant wagon, as stated above, but this isn't the first time I've seen it, like I said, here are games he's done it that are completed, this one he asked and said it was a new technique, but read the last url, he didn't here, and he didn't ask why here. this one is the most important to make my point though.)
There's my defense of asking tasky what was going on
I see what you mean now, and this shows you didn't extract your assertion of your unbelief out of thin air...
Unvote
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Tasky »

Xite91 wrote: that has to do with me questioning a tactic that a player believes in but doesn't use every time he blatant wagons (his vote on me wasn't a blatant wagon, as stated above, but this isn't the first time I've seen it, like I said, here are games he's done it that are completed, this one he asked and said it was a new technique, but read the last url, he didn't here, and he didn't ask why here. this one is the most important to make my point though.)
There's my defense of asking tasky what was going on, also, he didn't correct me to say that his vote on me wasn't a blatant wagon...
I really didn't understand this. could you explain again?
please state your thesis, your arguments, and state why those arguments support your thesis.

if a wagon on you forms, I'm happy. if that's what you mean by blatant wagoning, well, then I am blatant wagoning.
otherwise no, my vote on you is not blatant wagoning. you are scum => I vote you.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Hey guys!

Drammie & I are gonna catch up and post thoughts on this game tonight. We'll both be rather V/LA from Friday through Sunday or Monday, so plan on a catchup post tonight after we have time to discuss the game with each other.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Xite91 »

Xite91 wrote:
PieMan wrote:Im trying to get what exactly you mean by wagonning, thats the part im missing, apparently your terminology does not match my terminology.

it doesn't. I'm pointing it out because I was giving my reason for
not
believing his theory box, which I don't
I just realized a mistake I made in this.
now should be not, edited up there so you can read it the way it's supposed to be

Tasky, in regards to why I'm scum;
Tasky wrote: please state your thesis, your arguments, and state why those arguments support your thesis.
Also, I just said that I don't agree that that's what you believe. I'm not apt to think you're scum yet, but I don't believe what you were saying is truly how you feel.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:40 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Yikes, I forgot this.

Unvote
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I feel a pyramid is more readable in this instance:
Xite91 wrote:
yabbaguy wrote:Just a few initial thoughts-

CKD-

1) I'm a trifle lost; I would appreciate you giving your reasons for your TOWN/TOWNIE/PRO-TOWN/OTHER question (quote another post of yours if you answered this already). Were you skeptical at the time?

XITE-
to the Oman in love remark wrote:Oman... uh... breadcrumb or random noise?
2) What is the point of this question?
Last, Unvote, Vote Pieman
Not liking him so much yet. Not sure if it's the dumb blonde vibe I'm getting from him (sorry blondes) or if he's just plain scummy, but we'll see as we go along
3) Terrible and scummy vote. What are "not liking" and "dumb blonde vibe" supposed to mean?

4) ...come to think of it, I quoted a Xite vote on Pie. This could actually be very interesting. And now I'm sleepy and going to bed.
1) Be careful, he'll say you're role-fishing.
2) Asking him the point of his post
3) It was the way he was playing. I didn't like it. I had a friend once that made an alt solely to act like a blondie noob so that people would respond to him differently than they do when they know it's him. His idea was that people would never vote him after a few games because of the way his alt's "playstyle" was.
4) Guess what? I voted him FIRST before ANYONE voted him and before the wagon started, then people started voting for terrible reasons and CKD became my top suspect, and I decided to unvote.
1) ??????
2) That can't possibly be a benign question. You're fishing to ask if he's softclaiming.
3) This I construe to be a policy vote on a VI, and one of the biggest scumtells I can fathom is when someone tries to push a crap case on someone who is merely playing badly. For me, policy voting counts as a bad case.
4) I'm missing the point of why first on a wagon automatically somehow absolves you of responsibility. The latter point is a bit more pertinent and something pro-Town (checking for reckless wagonning) though, I will admit.

Tazaro wrote:
Xite91 wrote:why do I feel like that theory box is a blatant lie?
Theory box is obv credible.
Vote: Xite
Huh?

How are you possibly voting him over that?
Charlie wrote:There were a lot of silly things going on back then... I suppose we'll have to be more careful to try and spot these things to look for evidence of deception.
I don't understand this either.

Basically, I'm very lost right now. Help me out here.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Charlie »

yabbaguy wrote:
Charlie wrote:There were a lot of silly things going on back then... I suppose we'll have to be more careful to try and spot these things to look for evidence of deception.
I don't understand this either.

Basically, I'm very lost right now. Help me out here.
What I'm basically saying is that I find the interactions between Tasky, Tazaro and Pieman strange. I get the feeling that one of them is mafia but due to their posting style am unable to discern which. Also, I think it is unlikely that two mafia members are among those 2 because of heavy interactions.
Kindness
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Tazaro »

yabbaguy, I unvoted Xite. I was wrong, and I can retract my vote because of it (which people should do more often in mafia)
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Xite91 »

yabbaguy wrote:I feel a pyramid is more readable in this instance:
Xite91 wrote:
yabbaguy wrote:Just a few initial thoughts-

CKD-

1) I'm a trifle lost; I would appreciate you giving your reasons for your TOWN/TOWNIE/PRO-TOWN/OTHER question (quote another post of yours if you answered this already). Were you skeptical at the time?

XITE-
to the Oman in love remark wrote:Oman... uh... breadcrumb or random noise?
2) What is the point of this question?
Last, Unvote, Vote Pieman
Not liking him so much yet. Not sure if it's the dumb blonde vibe I'm getting from him (sorry blondes) or if he's just plain scummy, but we'll see as we go along
3) Terrible and scummy vote. What are "not liking" and "dumb blonde vibe" supposed to mean?

4) ...come to think of it, I quoted a Xite vote on Pie. This could actually be very interesting. And now I'm sleepy and going to bed.
1) Be careful, he'll say you're role-fishing.
2) Asking him the point of his post
3) It was the way he was playing. I didn't like it. I had a friend once that made an alt solely to act like a blondie noob so that people would respond to him differently than they do when they know it's him. His idea was that people would never vote him after a few games because of the way his alt's "playstyle" was.
4) Guess what? I voted him FIRST before ANYONE voted him and before the wagon started, then people started voting for terrible reasons and CKD became my top suspect, and I decided to unvote.
1) ??????
2) That can't possibly be a benign question. You're fishing to ask if he's softclaiming.
3) This I construe to be a policy vote on a VI, and one of the biggest scumtells I can fathom is when someone tries to push a crap case on someone who is merely playing badly. For me, policy voting counts as a bad case.
4) I'm missing the point of why first on a wagon automatically somehow absolves you of responsibility. The latter point is a bit more pertinent and something pro-Town (checking for reckless wagonning) though, I will admit.
1) I asked him the same thing, and that's where his attack at me for role-fishing came from. It was partly annoyance and partly sarcasm directed at CKD not at you
2) I was asking if it was a softclaim, yes, but I was also asking if I should make anything of it because I have known players to post random noise and I have taken it as a breadcrumb, and found out later that it wasn't at all. I try to clarify things like that a lot of the time because otherwise they just confuse people and add uselessness to the thread, unless there is a point behind them, which was why I was trying to figure it out. Sorry if that goes in circles a bit, I'm trying to explain it to the best of my ability, but I have a terrible migraine and I'm not thinking clearly.
3) First off, it was not a policy vote on a VI. Hell, I play as VI why would I want to policy vote one? I was voting him because the way he was playing was scummy (and I probably found scumtells somewhere in there too, but I don't remember them and I'm not really in the mood to go back and find them, especially considering I'm not too certain he's scum anymore) Also, I pushed absolutely NO case on him, make a point of that as a scumtell (because it can be) instead of the random bullshit you're spewing.
4) I was pointing out that you really can't get on me for wagoning, because I voted him first and before there was a great amount of suspicion on him. Yes, I was on the wagon, but considering I started said wagon, it's not scummy. Jumping off may have been, but I didn't have THAT good of a scum read on him yet (and still don't or I'd be back on there) and I found a much better lynch candidate.

@Taz(Tybalt?) - I totally agree
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:44 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

My brain is fried from all this noise. I need to reread the thread.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Okay, I just read through all of Xite's posts, and his actions overall seem to be pro-town. He's asking plenty of questions, and calling people out on things that are scummy. BUT...there is the bit about CKD. I don't believe asking a question is scummy. Dismissing a question as unimportant or as blatantly obvious is not helpful. The answer clearly wasn't obvious to him, that's why he asked. The pro-town thing to do in this situation would be to ANSWER THE QUESTION! So what I want to know is...

What is it about CKD that you find so damn scummy, Xite?

Answer satisfactorily, and I might change my vote. Fail to answer, and you are obvscum.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:41 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

posting in all (3) games...tonight or tomorrow morning for updates (so it wasnt 48 hours, it was 72)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:53 am

Post by Oman »

• brianj: The worst thing I could say about braianj is that ...

• Charlie: This dude has attained semi-confirmed status quite easily because of the softclaim. The way I see it there are only three outcomes, one is that they're not fully confirmed, two is that they're scum pulling a gambit, which doesn't seem likely at all, and three is that we now have two confirmed town. I'll you what, it's a great outcome for us, because if one comes up scum, the other is likely town, and while they're both alive, they're both likely town. So for now I'm happy to give Charlie my tick, but we'll see. Really comes out of his shell at post #87 where he suddenly has a lot more confidence and posts big explainations. Why the change here? It almost feels like the gambit is working, so he pipes up a little. It just doesn't fit. Post #91 is really interesting because it's the inside man's view. Let's assume Charlie is town for now: he posts about reactions to himself, giving a different perspective. It's also really dangerous because he's emotionally involved. That line
    Charlie wrote:If I could day-kill anyone, it would be him at this point.
    What an odd comment.

My biggest problems are that he said "Mason-like". There was no mention of confirming two players, which would have been the first thing out of my mouth as a town player making the call to softclaim. I also hate the "useless" thing.

• curiouskarmadog: CKD has this skeptical outlook, that lead to a lot of questions about the roles. Then he really fires up. I don't know about alignment on that. Note #156 as a CKD defense of Xite. Nothing serious. Oh man, after what happens page 8+ you guys have bigger issues.

• FakeGod: vote going to the highest bandwagon in the RVS is cool. Nulltell. #30's comment of "my role is as useless as [charlie's]" sucks for a softclaim too.
    fakegod 50 wrote:lol reck, you're just jealous cuz I got a buddy
    I know this is throwaway line, but that's where the good stuff happens, when it wasn't planned out. You use A) the term "buddy" which in mafia nomenclature never has a good meaning (buddy-up, scumbuddy, buddy comedies staring owen wilson). And to say it to Reckamonic, who is a Hydra anyway. Just seems...odd. I know, friendly social rah rah rah, but sometimes it's just too odd.
    fakegod 56 wrote:We had a good reason. Trust me.

And what did I say about rolefishing discussing about me and Charlie? hmmm?
    I hate this "you're not allowed to discuss us! even though we're the only critical thing in the game so far!" I also had a huge amount of problems with post #68 where he comes forward and says "we are both mod-confirmed town" but it takes charlie so much longer to get that out. I'm still not sure it is mod confirmed. Especially when his next comment is "I was able to figure it out from my Role-PM" (#75)

• Oman Obvtown

• PieMan: This guy does one of the biggest scumtells I've seen, dodges RVS without reason. He votes for backup mod, and then at #20 jumps on this "RVS sucks" bandwagon that is completely arbitrary.
    Pieman 54 wrote: Yabba, why push it further and try to discern anymore of their roles, when more info about everyone's roles, at this point is detrimental.
    old school psychology. Doesn't hold water. Check again.

• Prof. Guppy: I think it's a valid point that Guppy's comment in #19 was terrible. From a theory point, it just doesn't settle well. Whether or not that is a scumtell is really hard with someone this experienced.

• Reckamonic† replaces dramonic - the initial four lines of #32 were really interesting, very clean and precise. Reckamonic has this real problem with posting short snippets with no extension #81 is a good example of this.

• Tasky replaces Me=Weird. Tasky strikes me as a bit of a jerk. He's really arrogant in his first post #135. Theory box is jerky, posts are jerky, dogma comments are jerky. Tasky just reminds me of every spammer that we find out later is playing 2 accounts in a game or just wastes time. I don't really feel like I have a lot of time for the guy, that said, he does seem pretty sharp. I mean, he's thinking, which is good news. And there seems to be enough respect that this game will play out well. Even through out differences, we could play a strong game, Tasky. Now are you with me or against me?

• Tazaro replaces jmj3000: Thought JMJ was playing a mad grey man, but he ended up going. His comments with Charlie we so non-committal (#47) that I'm curious at this point.
    222 wrote:[Tasky's] theory box is too wonderful to be scum-created.
    This is stupid. Theory is separate from alignment because theory is the overview of the game itself, not of the specifics of one game. It's also not that great theory, it's full of holes and easily breakable.

• Xite91 Lots of noise. The amount of posting doesn't correspond with the amount of information. Asking me if I was breadcrumbing is a stupid question, and definitely not a town one.
    yabbaguy: Pulling off that mystery wedge guess was excellent. But I honestly don't know what to think about it in the context of scum town, it's just too cleanly guessed that if either of them (or both) turn up scum, yabba guy is in on it (i.e. scum, or rolecop). If not, he deserves a prize for that guess. #97, huge issue. Xite has this habit of saying "I GET WHAT YOUR BREADCRUMB/VAGUE POST WAS SAYING!" I don't think it's helpful, it's definitely not a good idea. It adds nothing and it feels like buddying. Made rolefishing #112. #161 is a horrible post. "AtE Noted" when did respect get kicked out of this game? I posted that I didn't get the CKD vote, and I still mean it. #178: Worst version of one of the worst ways to read someone ever. Full of emotion, was never going to show anything.

CKD says it best
    CKD wrote:you mean this "case"? there isnt a case here?
Questions: Charlie: Did you two know who each other were, or have a way of identifying each other, either a callsign or something that needed to be posted in the thread?

I want to hear more from Reckamonic, want to hear more from Guppy.

Thinking right now we have two options:
Tazaro+Tasky+1 (Guppy/Reck as the grey man, maybe) scumteam; or
Xite+Charlie+1 (either greyman or maybe even CKD, if he's got the balls for a confrontation this early)

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Xite
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Tazaro »

Did I miss something? What in Omans post ^ supports the Tasky-scum possibility? Jerk and spam don't.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Tasky »

Oman, your post is so full of crap it hurts.
Oman wrote:[*]brianj: The worst thing I could say about braianj is that ...
... is that? what? finish your sentences please
[*]Charlie: This dude has attained semi-confirmed status quite easily because of the softclaim. The way I see it there are only three outcomes, one is that they're not fully confirmed, two is that
they're scum pulling a gambit, which doesn't seem likely at all
, and three is that we now have two confirmed town. I'll you what, it's a great outcome for us,
because if one comes up scum, the other is likely town
, and while they're both alive, they're both likely town. So for now I'm happy to give Charlie my tick, but we'll see. Really comes out of his shell at post #87 where he suddenly has a lot more confidence and posts big explainations. Why the change here?
It almost feels like the gambit is working, so he pipes up a little.
It just doesn't fit. Post #91 is really interesting because it's the inside man's view. Let's assume Charlie is town for now: he posts about reactions to himself, giving a different perspective. It's also really dangerous because he's emotionally involved. That line
Charlie wrote:If I could day-kill anyone, it would be him at this point.
What an odd comment.

My biggest problems are that he said "Mason-like". There was no mention of confirming two players, which would have been the first thing out of my mouth as a town player making the call to softclaim
I also hate the "useless" thing.
those two sententes are a little contradicting each other, aren't they?

this is total crap. they both confirmed each other. a townie would no reason to lie. therefore they are either both town or both anti-town (or we have a bastard mod, but if I remember right we excluded this).

what is so odd about it? is odd=scummy? if yes, how? if no, why bother with it?

what didn't you like?

Charlie probably hoped to find his partner without outing themselves, or at least wanted to keep the option open to not reveal himself

[*]curiouskarmadog: CKD has this skeptical outlook, that lead to a lot of questions about the roles. Then he really fires up. I don't know about alignment on that.
Note #156 as a CKD defense of Xite.
Nothing serious. Oh man, after what happens page 8+ you guys have bigger issues.
what is so noteworthy about it? is it scummy? is it a town-tell? something else?

[*]FakeGod: vote going to the highest bandwagon in the RVS is cool. Nulltell. #30's comment of "my role is as useless as [charlie's]" sucks for a softclaim too.
fakegod 50 wrote:lol reck, you're just jealous cuz I got a buddy
I know this is throwaway line, but that's where the good stuff happens, when it wasn't planned out.
You use A) the term "buddy" which in mafia nomenclature never has a good meaning (buddy-up, scumbuddy, buddy comedies staring owen wilson). And to say it to Reckamonic, who is a Hydra anyway. Just seems...odd. I know, friendly social rah rah rah, but sometimes it's just too odd.
fakegod 56 wrote:We had a good reason. Trust me.

And what did I say about rolefishing discussing about me and Charlie? hmmm?
I hate this
"you're not allowed to discuss us! even though we're the only critical thing in the game so far!"
I also had a huge amount of problems with post #68 where he comes forward and says "we are both mod-confirmed town" but it takes charlie so much longer to get that out. I'm still not sure it is mod confirmed. Especially when his next comment is "I was able to figure it out from my Role-PM" (#75)
you keep pointing out odd things, find scummy stuff. or if you want, pro-town-tells (but I wouldn't always share those). what you are saying there is bullshit: it's so not game relevant. why is scum more likely to use the word buddy than town?

Hey, if he says so, he is either lying (and is scum), or there is absolutely no reason not to believe him. if he is town, he doesn't want to confuse us (at least this is what I hope and expect). the fact that your are still doubting this is starting to get scummy. it could be that you fear to confirmed town are too much for you to handle, so you try to discredit them. it you think they are scum, say so. bring arguments. but, in that case they are BOTH scum

Is it scummy? if yes, why?[/u]
[*]Oman Obvtown
lol
[*]PieMan: This guy does one of the biggest scumtells I've seen, dodges RVS without reason. He votes for backup mod, and then at #20 jumps on this "RVS sucks" bandwagon that is completely arbitrary.
Pieman 54 wrote: Yabba, why push it further and try to discern anymore of their roles, when more info about everyone's roles, at this point is detrimental.
old school psychology. Doesn't hold water. Check again.
is old psychology = scummy?

[*]Tasky replaces Me=Weird.
Tasky strikes me as a bit of a jerk. He's really arrogant in his first post #135. Theory box is jerky, posts are jerky, dogma comments are jerky.
Tasky just reminds me of every spammer that we find out later is playing 2 accounts in a game or just wastes time. I don't really feel like I have a lot of time for the guy, that said,
he does seem pretty sharp. I mean, he's thinking, which is good news.
And there seems to be enough respect that this game will play out well.
Even through out differences, we could play a strong game, Tasky.
Now are you with me or against me?
are you trying to buddy up to me?

I always respect the players I play with. should I get "jerky", it is as a mean in the game. I don't intend it against you or in general.

lol. I'm with you if you help me catch scum.

[*]Xite91 Lots of noise. The amount of posting doesn't correspond with the amount of information. Asking me if I was breadcrumbing is a stupid question, and definitely not a town one.
so, do you think Xite is scum or not?
yabbaguy: Pulling off that mystery wedge guess was excellent.
But I honestly don't know what to think about it in the context of scum town, it's just too cleanly guessed that if either of them (or both) turn up scum, yabba guy is in on it (i.e. scum, or rolecop). If not, he deserves a prize for that guess.
#97, huge issue.
Xite has this habit of saying "I GET WHAT YOUR BREADCRUMB/VAGUE POST WAS SAYING!" I don't think it's helpful, it's definitely not a good idea. It adds nothing and it feels like buddying.
Made rolefishing #112.
#161 is a horrible post.
"AtE Noted" when did respect get kicked out of this game?
I posted that I didn't get the CKD vote, and I still mean it.
#178: Worst version of one of the worst ways to read someone ever.
Full of emotion, was never going to show anything.
he can't be right! there is no way there can be one and only one one scum in {Charlie FakeGod}. again, falling back on your craplogic

?? explain this again please, don't get it

do you think this kind of post is posted more likely by town or by scum

what about that post makes you think Xite is scum?
huh? what has respect have to do with that post?

what's "way to read someone" are you referring to? what's the "worst version". explanation please

Xite+Charlie+1 (either greyman or maybe even CKD, if he's got the balls for a confrontation this early)
this is total bullshit again. now tell me: WHY WOULD FAKEGOD CONFIRM CHARLIE IF CHARLIE WAS SCUM BUT FAKEGOD WAS TOWN?
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Xite
good decision,

but I've still got my eye on you!
FoS: Oman
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:40 am

Post by FakeGod »

V/LA for couple days
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:41 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

FakeGod wrote:V/LA for couple days
Noted.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Tazaro »

Is it okay if I skim textwalls?
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”