Mini 1021: Battousai's Mountaintnous Mountain Mafia (Over)

Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:05 am

Post by Nightwolf »

UNVOTE: Llama

As for my top 2: Nexus and LmL, though LmL may move up or down depending on his response post that is supposed to be in the works. I'll update this if either of these 2 do change during the remainder of this game day.
VOTE: Nexus

Cue "Wha? How is the person you were just voting for not in your top 2?"

I'll get to that later, along with an explanation of these top 2 and a response to Lat's 787 in various posts throughout the day. (This is just a quick stop-by post before I leave for class. I have the day off tomorrow so I don't have to worry about homework and as such will have all of today free aside from classes.)

@ Nexus:
You looked ready to have Llama lynched on the last page. What makes LmL suddenly a better vote in your view?

@ Fitz:
When voting for Nexus you cited post 740 as your reasons. Was that your whole case on him at the time of your vote?

Also, I'm not asking for details, but do you have any clue on how long RL will be "kicking your ass"? (I'm not trying to deny or criticise that it is, just wondering if it is a situation that you can estimate will be done with in approximately X amount of time)
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 am

Post by Nightwolf »

Fail... "You looked ready to have Llama lynched on the last page." refers to page 31, the page before Nexus placed his LmL vote. I didn't realize that my post would be starting a new page.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:12 am

Post by Nexus »

@Nightwolf because I wanted my vote somewhere before I went v/la, and if I put it on Llama, that'd put him at L-1 meaning no more information could be got if someone decided to hammer.

*shrug* I was doing what I thought was best.

I'm currently on the train, once I reach my destination I won't be checking much.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:22 am

Post by Nightwolf »

Well it would no longer put Llama at L-1 since I just unvoted him. I don't know where you are headed or how much time you'll have to check in, but if it is possible to stop in later this evening or early tomorrow, it would be appreciated as I will have more directed at/about you posted by then.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:47 am

Post by Nexus »

Oh yeah, that's true. Well then I'll put it on him, he's the scummiest in my eyes, closely followed by LmL.

I'm going to stay with my girlfriend, and I'm not sure she'll appreciate me sitting online, so I can't make any promises whether or not I'll have enough time to do anything today, migh

unvote
VOTE: Llamafluff
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Sotty7 »

PD, the fact you don't like using meta and yet used it anyway without checking makes you look even worse. Where was the I don't like meta speech at the time? You jumped on a piece of info that you thought made dalt look scummy when it really didn't.

Simply put, it's opportunistic.

= = = = = =

Wolf, why'd you chose to vote for Nexus over LmL?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:24 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Prana what do you think of Nightwolf and Leech?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Battousai »

Delayed due to internet, Vote Count:

Llamafluff
-4- Leech, PranaDevil, LoudmouthLee, Nexus
PranaDevil
-2- Lateralus22, Sotty7
LoudmouthLee
-2- iamausername, Llamafluff
Nexus
-2- havingfitz, Nightwolf

Not Voting:
No one

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch (before Sep 10th)!
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:14 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Nexus wrote:Oh yeah, that's true. Well then I'll put it on him, he's the scummiest in my eyes, closely followed by LmL.
unvote
VOTE: Llamafluff
Cool.

Anything behind that vote then the original "korashk was scummy?"
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:52 am

Post by havingfitz »

Nightwolf wrote:
@ Fitz:
When voting for Nexus you cited post 740 as your reasons. Was that your whole case on him at the time of your vote?
All that I recall atm.
Nightwolf wrote:Also, I'm not asking for details, but do you have any clue on how long RL will be "kicking your ass"? (I'm not trying to deny or criticise that it is, just wondering if it is a situation that you can estimate will be done with in approximately X amount of time)
For the rest of the year? I'll finish my two ongoing games but I will probably take some time off from mafia once they are done.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Nexus

#0 Vote LmL RVS

#2 FoS ConfidAnon

#3 Attack, states he believes there's a scum tell but doesn't vote CA.

Suspect since he already FoS'ed but after his attack he didn't come in with a vote.

#10 Said that both LmL and Prana were defensive.

Odd since he doesn't bring up Prana's defensive behavior now.

#15 Defensive against LmLs accusation. He doesn't actually try to defend against any of them, he just says you're tunneling me lol

#23 Clear scum motivation, states he didn't do certain actions because he believed he would be seen as scum

#38 Interesting, it's odd because this very observation can be suspect.
Nexus wrote:wendy randomly calling a scum team of xite and fitz was odd, because the two of them haven't really had many interactions. I haven't had much interaction with Prana, or you, Wendy, does that make us scum teams too?
I've got to wonder, why Nexus? I thought you would have had the most interaction with Prana considering he brought mafia over to a forum you go to. Doesn't this mean he is someone you're familiar with and you might value his opinion?
Nexus wrote:I could understand if it was a hammer, as a townie, but it wasn't even a hammer. Pro-town wouldn't vote for themselves, pro town will defend themselves to the death, rather than give up.
This is an interesting quote. So it's better for townies to lynch themselves instead of only voting? Suspect
Nexus wrote:I'm going to learn from my last mistake, and unvote because currently llamafluff is third on my list. I'm not going to vote wendy yet because I want her to explain herself, and if someone decides to hammer before she gets a chance, I'll feel quite bad. Even if she flips scum.
Interesting as I don't see him mentioning why Llama was third on his list in this post. The wording for wendy was interesting too. It says "Even if you flip scum", which implies there's a higher chance of wendy being town.

Nexus wrote:Prana: I don't like that he went through a phase of not contributing anything unless poked. However, I haven't seen anything really scummy from him.
Interesting. I don't know why you wouldn't pursue this further, or considering what's happening today I expect you'd actually explain something about your town read on Prana instead of just lol two people arguing equals town.

If you didn't like this why didn't you ask him questions to get him to contribute?

Nexus wrote:As town, he was doing a great job at distracting us from the scum, so why would the scum get rid of him unless he had actually got close to the truth?
This points are put together in a odd way. Who was wendy distracting us from? Instead of just sitting there, since you thought tw was getting close to the truth why didn't you investigate any of his suspects?

#72 Not sure how putting Llama at L-1 will mean no more info could be found. I see this as over cautious scum attempting to try and look pro town.

Now you switch back to Llama, will you please summarize why you think he's scum?

Just want to note that Nexus has done little to move the game forward, mostly today. Nexus is a little scummy but not very much.

Fitz, will you read Lat/Prana or not? What do you think about Scotty's attack against Prana, is there any points you like or don't like?

Adding on to Sotty's question, I want you to tell me your read on IAU. Please give an in depth analysis.
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Nightwolf »

I will be covering mainly vote related matters in this post and leaving the response to Lat until a bit later tonight.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First, a summary of my actions
re: LlamaFluff:

Some may have noticed that in contrast to the others who have voted for him, I did not give any reasons for the vote, instead pairing it only with a general question. When I first asked the question I had yet to read all of Lat v. Prana and assumed that once I did one of those two would come out as being my top suspect. I did see what I thought (at the time) was a potentially scummy contradiction in Llama's explanation for his end of day events though, leading to the question. After reading Lat/Prana, neither one did reach the top of my list, so I was left without a clear place for my vote. Llama had posted after I asked the question but did not respond to it, and so I chose to add the vote on for extra pressure on the building wagon thinking that he could be my top suspect depending on his answer.

It turned out that he gave exactly the answer I expected and hence said I would respond in an hour or so, thinking I had a case against him. I didn't get around to sitting down and typing it out until the next day, at which time I realized that my case was actually built on two plain errors, 1) I assumed knowledge of the rules for one part of my reasoning while acknowledging his ignorance of them in another part and 2) didn't realize the fact that wendy would've been lynched if not for his vote (I had remembered Xite getting to 5 first, for some reason). This left me with only some random thoughts that weren't really scummy to me by themselves and no way to clearly tie them together anymore. I felt some potential was still there to make something out of it though, so I just showed that he was wrong and asked for a response to see if it would lead me to another case or way of bringing the thoughts together. He retracted at least part of his statement, which I did not expect at all at the time and I asked for clarification. I don't think he ever did, but either way I looked back at the situation and do not believe the conversation made him out to be that scummy in my view, so I let it drop.

I will also note here that I did not agree with many of the reasons used against Llama (about his own play, not Korashk's) by others, with the only main approval going to this one from Prana:
PranaDevil wrote:
ISO 21

Targets me in regards to... the Dalt stuff and my voting Korashk? I could have understood if he had mentioned something about the Xite stuff as even I admit that was shitty play on my behalf, but the Dalt stuff and Korashk stuff (which feels stuffed in there to fluff the post out)... that's half hearted scum hunting at best.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On LmL:

I did not like LmL's vote on Llama for the speculation at all (especially right after my own vote) since he had done it himself along with others. I would have voted him at the time I pointed it out except I had just committed my vote to questioning Llama and did not want to pull it off right away as that could kill some of the power behind the question and potential case if Llama gave me what I considered the likely scummy answer to my question and I tried to build off of it. I don't have much more of a case on him than iau has built (which I do approve of) since picking up that point, and this is why I would still like to see his response post before coming to a more definite judgement on the situation.

On Nexus:

I didn't really care much for Nexus's Day 1 play, but much of that I wrote off to being new. Day 2 I am not finding it so easy to do so. First I will remind people of the "voting for your 4th suspicion" thing from Day 1 that I think most agreed was scummy. The rest will be from the current Day phase since I don't remember much else I considered very strong from Day 1:
Format:
Post# (Iso#) - Comment, explanation, or question on post.

637/638/642 (56/57/58) - Pushes suspicion onto people that wendy was suspicious of, despite clearly acknowledging that wendy was being replaced the day before in iso posts 50/51, nullifying the assumption mentioned that scum would kill wendy because his suspicions were accurate since he is no longer around to push them. If anything, killing wendy after replacing out only validates those suspicions since they are now known to be from a town player (which happens to give Nexus a convienent argument to try to spread new suspicion around).

655 (61) - This does not feel like it comes from a pro-town viewpoint since the reason stated is not to lose 2 townies again. A lynch at least has a chance of hitting scum (and therefore not guaranteed to be 2 townies) while a no lynch is a guaranteed townie death that the scum get to choose. (I am not considering the other arguments for no lynch here because Nexus makes no mention or implication of them, and also because he said that he is not in favor of a no lynch today in iso 59 which means that he does not currently find those arguments convincing.)

707 (64) - "His sudden decision to stop supporting a lynch on CA is very strange." - Heh, it wasn't sudden at all. He had stated a couple times that he would vote Xite if it came down to Xite and wendy and LF waited as long as possible for something to develop on CA before switching. Nice try.
--- "Surely Prana defending himself is a good thing, would you rather, if he was town, he rolled over and let you lynch him?" - As I think Lat brought up before, this makes no mention of the possibility that Prana is scum or at least that Lat clearly believes Prana is scum. And just the general idea of a person defending themselves has little to nothing to do with their alignment anyway. Saying that Prana defending himself is "Surely" a good thing and providing only the idea of being town as reasoning sounds a bit like saying "Surely Prana is town."

760 (66) - First 3 lines: basically summarizes the case others have put forward on Llama, even though some of the points are factually wrong. I also see a few signs that Nexus doesn't really believe in the case he is voting for (Formatting added):
Nexus wrote:Llamafluff "debating to set alarm to force no lynch"-no. That was never going to happen, in any way, why would you even think that?
Absolutely hooked on the idea of a no lynch, despite the fact it's only D2. No lynch was never an option on Day 1. Noone wanted it besides TW, you didn't really mention it D1, I don't think. He basically hammered,
he's completely misread the rules.

Lateralus blames Prana for the walls of text meaning we ignored him, but I'd say he is as at fault, but eh.
Fitz: joke votes don't help anyone, it's Day 2, it's not really necessary, but whatever.

Nightwolf:
My vote was waiting to see how Llamafluff defended himself.

Not reading the rules is not acceptable.
I don't understand why you wouldn't check the rules.

I just can't see past Llamafluff being scum. I thought he was scum D1, and he's done nothing to convince me otherwise today, so VOTE: Llamafluff I realise he's defended most of these accusations, but I wanted to reiterate why I was voting.

I think that puts him at L-1, but I wanted my vote somewhere.
1)
Italics
- If you wanted your vote somewhere, then why didn't you have it placed already? Llama didn't do anything extra to further convince you of his scummyness, you only placed your vote after I asked about it.
1a) He also discredits the significance of placing the L-1 vote in the 2nd italicized part, treating it very casually like any other vote since his sudden want to have his vote somewhere outweighs it according to that sentence.
2) 1st underlined - says Llama read the rules but did so poorly. 2nd underlined - says that Llama did not read the rules at all. This is a blatant contradiction in his own statements and so he must not have thought about the case he was pushing very much if he doesn't even have a consistent line of thought about it.

763/769 (67/69) - (Formatting added)
Nexus wrote:Jesus.

Damn it was a sign of annoyance, that iam had presented such a good case on LmL that
I wanted to give him a chance to see what he said before fluff got hammered
. I think Llama is scum, and I now think LmL might be too.

I didn't want to deprive the town a few days to discuss-
I didn't think there were any other massive suspicions, UNTIL iam posted. So I unvoted as soon as there was more massive suspicion.
No, it doesn't change my opinion on Llama.

I do think the LmL accusations are valid, which is why I unvoted to explore them further.

No, I'm not his buddy. I'm nobody's buddy.
Underlined bits - The case on LmL had already been built before Nexus voted. iau made it pretty clear that it was a strong suspicion and I hinted at it originally as well. All iau did in between Nexus's vote and unvote was restate the case. LmL even pledged to provide a reply before Nexus placed his vote, so if he really wanted to give him a chance to defend himself then he wouldn't have voted in the first place.
Italics
- You were annoyed that a good case had been presented and that there could be more information generated from the current Day??? That is clearly something only scum would feel.

Rest of posts - He votes his second suspect just to have his vote somewhere, even though previous posts would suggest that he is much more confident about Llama being scum than LmL and doesnt switch back until it is pointed out that it would no longer be the L-1 vote. Apparently that one extra vote that was on Llama has suddenly become a big deal even though nobody else has expessed suspicion of Llama to hammer and discounting its importance earlier (see 1a above)

@ Sotty:
I would like to think that the above would answer your question, considering how general it is. Anyway, basic short version: I find Nexus to be a bit scummier than LmL right now, and my opinion of LmL could still potentially change for better or worse pending his response post, so I am voting who I find more likely to be scum. Also, I think that if Nexus flips scum then it could point toward LmL as his partner (though this probably works the other direction as well, and I would still need to look at interactions with some other players if either flips scum, but I do see a potential connection there). Anyway, is there some reason you think I should be voting for LmL instead?

Ugh, sorry about the wall... I didn't think it would take this much time or space to make this post. (If you do stop by to read this Nexus, just comment on whatever you feel is most impostant that you have time for, from me or others) Still counting on getting some form of response to Lat before going to sleep tonight.
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Nightwolf »

@ fitz: Ok, no problem. I was just wondering if we should be expecting any significant increase in your level of participation any time soon, but apparently not.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by Leech »

I'm really likeing IAU's case against LML. What I'm not liking, is how Nexus is following it.
Nexus wrote:He hasn't arrived to defend himself, so eh.
That was what Nexus said when he voted for LmL. I've tried to give that player the benefit of the doubt, due to being a newbie and all, but I just can't see the town motivation here. Are we supposed to believe that Nexus finds lack of defense a scumtell? What else could that statement even mean? I really don't think that post was well thought-out at all, and it is from my perspective sloppy scum play. I simply do not believe a player would find lack of defense a scumtell, when one of the largest fallacies in this game is being overly defensive. It's literally the exact opposite of the false newb reaction.

Also, I don't like how he ended that, either. "So eh", seriously? Might be lynching town again, but whatever he hasn't defended. That's how that comment reads. Also, even though he's defended it this:
Nexus wrote:Damnit. I want to prevent a hammer until LmL defends himself.
This is why he didn't want to put LmL at L-1, yet later he acts like he just doesn't care about it anymore. Also, as it has been mentioned, he stated he was frustrated that a good case was built. This is not town play, ever. He's not even lynching for a reason that he's claiming to believe in, he just said others have valid points. He has openly stated:
Nexus wrote:I just can't see past Llamafluff being scum. I thought he was scum D1, and he's done nothing to convince me otherwise today, so VOTE: Llamafluff I realise he's defended most of these accusations, but I wanted to reiterate why I was voting.
He can't see past Llama being scum, but he's voting for LmL over "valid points" others have made? This doesn't make sense. Here's something else to note:
Nexus wrote:My top two are probably LlamaFluff and Loudmouth Lee.
Notice how he ordered that. He put LlamaFluff first. We all put our top suspects first, as that is typically the way we order things. He then went on to vote for LmL for reasons inferior to his own, that he didn't even indicated he "believed" rather called them "valid". (A point can be valid, without finding that player scum.) Yet he votes for LmL over Llama.

He's also completely fence sitting on the subject of No-Lynch, under the guise that he's never been in a game like this so he's unsure. Really? Not everyone else in this game have been in a Mountainous game before. Hell, I was wrong about how the math of odds worked. But, I still have a stance on the matter. I still prefer to wait on no-lynch as if we lynch scum we don't need to do it at all. It looks like Nexus is simply trying to see which side wins, and go with that. This is further showcased by his jump off of Llama to LmL. Which he actually admits here:
Nexus wrote:Oh yeah, that's true. Well then I'll put it on him, he's the scummiest in my eyes, closely followed by LmL.
So he admittedly votes for his second-best because he's fearful of putting Llama at L-1, but once someone says it's ok he is willing to do so. Why is he so scared of putting a player at L-1, in the first place? Why is he ok with him being there just because another player says it's ok? Nothing had happened to give him a stronger reason to place that vote, so he simply posted it after he seemingly had approval to do so. I find that act to be an attempt to shed guilt of being part of the lynch.

I'm really not liking Nexus right now, and I'm getting the feeling that he may have been bussing LmL for being inactive, while trying to hold to the llama lynch as a potential mislynch on town. It's kind of funny, I had/have a pretty strong scum read on Llama, but Nexus' play are shedding a scummy light on both himself and LmL. I do not want a Llama lynch right now, nor do I want one for LmL.

unvote, Vote: Nexus

I want a Nexus lynch.

To clarify, I think that LmL could be scum due to Nexus' actions. It reads to me like Nexus was getting ready to bus from his "Well he hasn't been here to defend himself" comment. It look like scum telling their partner why they are bussing. The same with the "Damn it" comment. It looks like he's directing that at LmL, not the town. So while that is pure speculation, it's something I'm considering. My scum read on Nexus is far greater than my speculation about his bussing of LmL. It's just something I wanted to put out there.

@LlamaFluff:
Llama wrote:Nooooooo.... that is not what I am saying. If someone is confirmed scum, they are obviously the best lynch, that cant occur in this setup. Lets say that we talk about the game at any point, and our chance of scum lynch goes up 20%, if you add the 20% on to every chance, every day, in every "when to NL" scenario, no lynch early STILL is the best plan. 47% is still 2% more then 45%.
Actually, that is what you're saying. You said that even if you were told 100% that someone would claim scum in the next phase, you'd still push no-lynch today. In that event you are choosing to no-lynch over a scum lynch. If someone told you that, and you beleived it to be true, why wouldn't you try to lynch scum today and win the game in the next phase? My point, all along, has been that I feel no-lynching at this phase of the game is resigning to a LyLo situation. I don't feel it's trying to win, I feel it's trying to improve our odds at a moment where we're trying not to lose. Trying to win, and trying not to lose, are two entirely different things. I play to win, not to avoid losing.
Llama wrote:Also seriously... "lynching scum wins the game". That is just a weak arguement to make NL look bad. No lynch makes lynching scum more likely, therefore no lynch increases our chance of winning the game. Yay!
Except it decreases our odds of lynching scum in this phase by 100%. If you want to talk about numbers, why not consider that one? If we mislynch today, unless my math is off about tomorrow being the day before MyLo, I will vote no lynch in the next phase and leave it at that. Today, I want us to try and hit scum. I will not resign to "playing to avoid a loss" until I have to. I do not feel that "lynching scum wins the game" is a weak argument. I feel that no-lynching at this phase is a weak idea.

@Sotty:
Sotty wrote:You missunderstand.
I meant you abandoned your vote on Xite
but continued to argue with him. In fact you did more to argue with Xite than you did to TW. I find that strange seeing that your vote was on Wendy, that would mean you find her scummy and would have a reason to argue back and forth with her. You didn't really do that.
I swear, the next person that says I missunderstand something or that I misread something,
when I didn't
, is going to make my head explode:
Sotty wrote:Leech is there because of his argument with Xite yesterday. I disagreed with a lot of his points and
he even abandoned his vote for TW
but continued to fight for a prolonged period of time with Xite.
I didn't misunderstand, I replied to what you said. If you meant, what you later said, it's not my fault that you worded it incorrectly in the first place. You said I abandoned my vote for TW when I never did.

Now, on to the new and improved wording of your arguement... I didn't abandon my vote on Xite. I voted for TW when I felt that he was the scummiest player in the game. What you aren't taking into consideration is the fact that TW was an alt intentionally acting in that manner. He clearly had a plan with what he was doing, and was probably getting the reactions he was looking for. After the Alt slip I was confused about TW, and wasn't ready to move my vote until I had figured it out. I was arguing with Xite because I felt things Xite said were false and scummy. Of course I'm going to argue with Xite when I find something that I feel should be argued. I do not see how arguing with one person, while your vote is on another, is in any way a scum tell. After the alt slip with TW, I had a hard time making sense of it. Once I came to the conclusion he was town, I unvoted immediately, and placed my vote on the person that I felt most likely to be scum at that time. I can say with 100% certainty that I would do things in the exact same manner now, as I did then.
Sotty wrote:Fair enough, but why didn't you question Wendy with the same vigor you did with Xite?
Ever hear the term "Quality is greater than Quantity"? With Xite there were a lot of small things that when combined made me believe she (if we can believe that Llama was right about Xite's gender, that much I'll believe from him) was scum. With Wendy it was a few actions, and comments that I found extremely scummy. TW made a few comments that I had a hard time finding town motivations for, and they out-weighed what I found scummy about Xite. So, while you may feel that I didn't "question with the same vigor" it's mainly due to the fact that I had less to question, but more weight behind things that I was.
Sotty wrote:I am going to have to look over your ISO to see how you did transition off Wendy. I'll try and get to that today.
I'll save you the trouble, I'd mentioned I was confused about TW a few times, then in my ISO 20:
Leech wrote:I think everyone needs to read Wendy in ISO, if you read it through knowing it's an alt you see a subtle brilliance to his plays. I don't understand the self-vote, still, but a lot of what he was saying did make sense. I don't believe in the no lynch for this phase, but there are pros and cons to it. Playing a newb card to get attention while spouting off legitimate theories, which will be read because of the noise he was making could be a valid town strategy. On the other side of the coin, it would be an extremely lousy scum strategy. Other than Wendy's self-vote, what really scummy deed has he done? Reading Wendy in ISO knowing it's an alt, definitely changes the perspective. I just can't write it off as scum behavior anymore, knowing that.
From there on I start defending Wendy, as I thought that player slot was town. Until now I've never played with an Alt that outed themselves, especially one that was intentionally playing newbishly. That type of thing confuses matters when you were finding a player scummy, for reasons that player intended to be scummy in the first place. It took me a while to find a rationale behind it, and once I did I realized it was town. I completely disagree with TW's thoughts on no-lynch, but the fact that he believed in them strongly, and went to the lengths he went to about being noticed in this game I couldn't find scum motivation for that. It was an interesting technique, and I wouldn't be surprised if he made that alt specifically to try it out.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:01 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Nightwolf Post 811 wrote:
@ Sotty:
I would like to think that the above would answer your question, considering how general it is. Anyway, basic short version: I find Nexus to be a bit scummier than LmL right now, and my opinion of LmL could still potentially change for better or worse pending his response post, so I am voting who I find more likely to be scum. Also, I think that if Nexus flips scum then it could point toward LmL as his partner (though this probably works the other direction as well, and I would still need to look at interactions with some other players if either flips scum, but I do see a potential connection there). Anyway, is there some reason you think I should be voting for LmL instead?
I just didn't like how you listed Nexus and LmL as your two suspects at the time then slapped your vote (IMO) on the weaker of the two. Then you pressured Nexus to move his vote from your other suspect LmL. Smells like a connection to me.

= = = = = =
Leech Post 813 wrote:
Sotty wrote:You missunderstand.
I meant you abandoned your vote on Xite
but continued to argue with him. In fact you did more to argue with Xite than you did to TW. I find that strange seeing that your vote was on Wendy, that would mean you find her scummy and would have a reason to argue back and forth with her. You didn't really do that.
I swear, the next person that says I missunderstand something or that I misread something,
when I didn't
, is going to make my head explode:
Sotty wrote:Leech is there because of his argument with Xite yesterday. I disagreed with a lot of his points and
he even abandoned his vote for TW
but continued to fight for a prolonged period of time with Xite.
I didn't misunderstand, I replied to what you said. If you meant, what you later said, it's not my fault that you worded it incorrectly in the first place. You said I abandoned my vote for TW when I never did.
*Sigh*

Perhaps I didn't word it as clear as I could have but please read the part were you quoted me again with the context that I mentioned Xite the sentence before. “I disagreed with with a lot of his points (RE: Xite) and he even abandoned (his Xite vote) for TW."

I can see where you could possibly get confused. I am not accusing you of abandoning your TW vote, because I don't think you did. Please excuse my dyslexia and poor sentence structure but that is what I meant.

Your explanation makes sense and is some what reasonable so I'm going to drop this point for now. Just as I was reading the thread I didn't understand why you switched your vote when things clearly weren't settled between you and Xite. That is always a red flag for me.

= = = = = =

Unvote, Vote: LmL

Deadline is in a day and I don't like the Nexus wagon much. Feels like a push on a slightly weaker player I don't see anything staggeringly scummy there. LmL on the other hand has been jumping all over the place trying to spread suspicion when he is just as guilty as the person as he tried to accuse. Iam's case is a good one and I am willing to follow it.
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Nightwolf »

Skimming down through the first few posts of the Lat/Prana debate (because after that is mostly repeating) with a quick thought or two about each topic discussed, and who would 'win' each topic in my view:
(#'s are just the order I see things while skimming back through, not a reference to any specific numbering used in the posts)

1) The whole "evidence to prove otherwise" thing (re:dalt) - I already commented on this one and I do not believe it has much if any significance. I had a similar reaction as Prana when I was first reading through after replacing in of taking fitz's statement at face value. The only difference is that when fitz posted the link my thought was more along the lines of "Ok, I can understand his case and where he is coming from" rather than that it made me think of dalt as scummier. Of course that thought still went out the window once it was mentioned that he only made 2 posts and replaced out.
Advantage: Prana

2) "Opportunistic vote on wendy" - I mentioned timing of votes when I said the things I could remember having against Prana, and this vote was one of those that I didn't care for as wendy's post that triggered the vote was asking a fairly legitimate question about the topic even if it was from page 1. The further discussion on this topic fell into a discussion of wagon size and reading vote counts, which really is not even worthy of comment (other than the initial point of Prana hopping on the growing wagon
with a fairly weak reason
(emphasis added to highlight which part is more important))
Advantage: Lat

3) Xite is a good lynch --> Not much of an opinion - I mentioned this was a point I supported and I think even Prana admitted it was pretty poor somewhere in the discussion.
Advantage: Lat

4) The whole section where you say to assume wendy is town and explain his posts accordingly is pointless. While I did see some of what you explained in that section (which is what I was basically trying to hint at when I originally said that wendy seemed too deliberately obvious to me), thinking that everyone is going to see the same idea at the time it is actually happening is pretty naive. Also, by criticizing Prana for not seeing that viewpoint, it should also apply to all the others who also wanted wendy dead for it.
Advantage: Prana

Those are the only ideas that I find good or bad enough to be worth my time to really mention, most if not all of the rest is either a) the same topics over again in different words or b) pretty much null/worthless to me.

Short version: I came out of that discussion with no more against Prana than I went into it with.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Leech wrote:
Llama wrote:Nooooooo.... that is not what I am saying. If someone is confirmed scum, they are obviously the best lynch, that cant occur in this setup. Lets say that we talk about the game at any point, and our chance of scum lynch goes up 20%, if you add the 20% on to every chance, every day, in every "when to NL" scenario, no lynch early STILL is the best plan. 47% is still 2% more then 45%.
Actually, that is what you're saying. You said that even if you were told 100% that someone would claim scum in the next phase, you'd still push no-lynch today. In that event you are choosing to no-lynch over a scum lynch. If someone told you that, and you beleived it to be true, why wouldn't you try to lynch scum today and win the game in the next phase? My point, all along, has been that I feel no-lynching at this phase of the game is resigning to a LyLo situation. I don't feel it's trying to win, I feel it's trying to improve our odds at a moment where we're trying not to lose. Trying to win, and trying not to lose, are two entirely different things. I play to win, not to avoid losing.
What is that saying... "Dont chose a path that leads to victory but chose such that all paths lead to victory".

That is more what no lynch does. It makes a win more likely. If someone flat out claims scum, yes lynch them, if they dont, its not the best move.
Llama wrote:Also seriously... "lynching scum wins the game". That is just a weak arguement to make NL look bad. No lynch makes lynching scum more likely, therefore no lynch increases our chance of winning the game. Yay!
Except it decreases our odds of lynching scum in this phase by 100%. If you want to talk about numbers, why not consider that one? If we mislynch today, unless my math is off about tomorrow being the day before MyLo, I will vote no lynch in the next phase and leave it at that. Today, I want us to try and hit scum. I will not resign to "playing to avoid a loss" until I have to. I do not feel that "lynching scum wins the game" is a weak argument. I feel that no-lynching at this phase is a weak idea.
It also decreases our chance of losing im mylo to 0%

I would rather win in lylo every game then win early half the time, but lose the other half.

ALSO....

Notice how most people who have been pushing me hard have not posted for the last 48 hours. If this is not "opportune lurking" I have no idea what is.

Leech is probably town with that last vote move of his.

I will vote Nexus out of self-preservation before deadline, but would almost infinately prefer to see a LmL lynch.

LmL has had his enitre case on me torn apart and proven hypocritical by not only me, but by multiple other people.

@mod
- What is the status on LmL? He has not posted in the game for a week.
Co-host of The USL Show
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:59 pm

Post by Nightwolf »

LlamaFluff wrote:I will vote Nexus out of self-preservation before deadline, but would almost infinately prefer to see a LmL lynch.
I have no problem switching over to LmL if the situation requires it, since according to the given top 2 lists the town as a whole would rather have him lynched than Nexus, at least according to currently available information.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Well, if the vote is how it is when I get back from my last class tomorrow (3-4 PST) I will move to Nexus, I really do not want to have to vote him though given my current town read.
Co-host of The USL Show
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by Nightwolf »

@ Llama:
Has LmL overtaken Prana as your #1 preferred lynch?

Preview edit: Does that mean that is the last time you'll be checking the thread?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Nightwolf wrote:
@ Llama:
Has LmL overtaken Prana as your #1 preferred lynch?
Yes.

I will be on for about the next 20 minutes, then I usually get a chance to check stuff around 1PM my time due to a break between classes. For refrence it is a little past midnight now.
Co-host of The USL Show
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by Nexus »

Well, the deadline's today, and Llamafluff looks like getting lynched.

I don't have time to address all the points made against me, but I would like to know if LmL is awol or whether he's lurking-if he's doing the latter then I would prefer to lynch him over Llamafluff.

Also, I can address some: Leech: I didn't say I didn't want LmL at L-1. I Didn't want Llamafluff at L-1 when there was three days to go, because he could've self-hammered to prevent anymore scum hunting. I thought should have my vote somewhere before I went v/la, so I voted for my second suspect. After that, Nightwolf had voted for me, so Llamafluff was no longer at L-1, meaning I was happy to, whilst Ihad internet access, change my vote back to my initial, main suspect. I'm not bussing LmL, I just believe that a townie would not go awol without saying anything, and yes I believe not defending yourself is a scumtell. A minor one, but still relatively scummy, imo anyway.

No lynch: I am not on the fence for a no lynch-I don't want one this day. Sorry, but that's my take on it.

@Lateralus: Why would I interact with Prana just because he brought me over to MS? You can read the thread again, I haven't spoken to him unless necessary. I was always under the impression it was against the rules to discuss the game outside of the thread, and as I have no means of doing so with him, I haven't had much interaction with him in the thread.

Iso my posts #64 and #66 for why I voted Llamafluff, on top of the Korashk stuff.

I also don't believe voting me will get me lynched, Llamafluff, as it'll put me at 4, and you were at 4 first.
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by Nightwolf »

I think something was misunderstood there. I meant, does your other post mean that 3-4pm is the last time you'll be checking the thread this game day.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by Nexus »

EBWOP it looks like in fact I could answer some of the points towards me. Didn't take as long as I thought.

I am still v/la though. Sorry guys.
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by Nightwolf »

That last bit was @ Llama.

And Nexus, you may not have noticed but when Leech voted you he moved off of Llama, so right now there are three wagons all at 3 votes from what I can tell, top to bottom being the order they would be lynched if they remain tied:

LlamaFluff - Prana, LmL, Nexus
LmL - iau, Llama, Sotty
Nexus - fitz, Wolf, Leech

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”