Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Blackberry »

At this moment:

Xvart looks the most scum. Between him and Budja, Budja has atleast had more town tells. Xvart's questions and pestering sounds like scum to me trying to find something to attack.

I actually believe Stranger's claim, especially with Flameaxe confirming it (unless they are both faking it, which I find hard to believe, and like it was said, he crumbed, so I believe it).

One thing that does strike me: Why would Flameaxe arsonist have a BEER? I can see an arsonist using alcohol to start a fire, but a beer? No.

Random thought (because I am having a hard time figuring out who is who, aka, I believe Confucius and Stranger, why would Flameaxe arsonist have a beer?... there is still the possibility that Anon-Budja-Xvart are ALL mafia though...) Anyways, my random thought was this: One night-kill immune Arsonist and One night-kill immune Serial Killer. But then I realize Confuc says his role protects from mafia...

Confuc - just for confirmation, does it say you protect from MAFIA? Or what specifically do you protect from? (I am reading myself type this and I realize it would be rather silly to have a doctor that just protects from a SK and there be no mafia, lol)

Stranger - he had a BEER or alcohol? (I know you said beer, so you probably mean beer, but I'd figure I'd ask anyway... the image in my mind is an arsonist with an alcohol/vodka bottle with that little cloth thing in it and they throw it into a building to start a fire... so an alcohol bottle, makes sense, but a beer bottle, doesn't make sense).

Also: Budja/Xvart/Anon -- two could be mafia, one could be arsonist is another possibility.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Anon »

You guys sound like you havent played mafia at all.

Mafia 101: Confirmation of role DOES NOT MEAN confirmation of alignment.

Coug's role can easily be a scum role to detect power roles and the arsonist, kinda like a flavored role cop.

But Coug is OBVSCUM because of this:
StrangerCoug wrote:I am a thief. I stole from Jack day one and Confucius day two, both times to check the validity of their claims.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Anon wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:I guess Jack was drinking too much when he claimed.
More later; I have chores to do.
What? You thought Jack's claim was real?
No.
Im willing to claim if the majority of them want me to but Coug should die asap.
Vote: StrangertCoug.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Flameaxe wrote:
Budja wrote:@Flameaxe, do you believe the PR's?
Yes, to an extent. I know that Scoug is a thief due to his claim about what he got from me/jack. Am I going to rule out a possible anti-town use to that role? No. Am I leaning there? No.

I don't have any reason to disbelieve Confusius, but obviously the same deal as Scoug would apply. I'm less inclined to go with the paranoia on this one, I find it very hard to believe we would get protection from an arsonist with the firefighter, but not from a mafia kill.

I do believe Berry's claim, and while I very highly doubt it, a mafia bus driver wouldn't be something that I would 100% rule out (but I highly, highly doubt this one).
Someone didn't read my post.

Someone should probably claim.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Anon »

Looks like someone is not READING HIS OWN POSTS:
Flameaxe wrote: If the entire town wants me to claim, I'll claim, but don't expect me to do it just because you tell me to. This is a democracy not a dictatorship.

Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Anon »

Im even being a nicer guy and asking for a majority. Also I think you are the arsonist.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Blackberry wrote:Stranger - he had a BEER or alcohol? (I know you said beer, so you probably mean beer, but I'd figure I'd ask anyway... the image in my mind is an arsonist with an alcohol/vodka bottle with that little cloth thing in it and they throw it into a building to start a fire... so an alcohol bottle, makes sense, but a beer bottle, doesn't make sense).
I was told beer; I was talking about alcohol because it is in beer. I don't readily associate a beer bottle as being made into a Molotov cocktail either, so you make a good point about the unlikelihood of Flameaxe-SK, but I just wanted that out there.
Anon wrote:Mafia 101: Confirmation of role DOES NOT MEAN confirmation of alignment.

Coug's role can easily be a scum role to detect power roles and the arsonist, kinda like a flavored role cop.

But Coug is OBVSCUM because of this:
StrangerCoug wrote:I am a thief. I stole from Jack day one and Confucius day two, both times to check the validity of their claims.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Anon wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:I guess Jack was drinking too much when he claimed.
More later; I have chores to do.
What? You thought Jack's claim was real?
No.
Im willing to claim if the majority of them want me to but Coug should die asap.
Vote: StrangertCoug.
I'm sorry, but you failed Mafia 101 too. The nest of quotes is about Jack post-mortem, and I breadcrumbed my result post-mortem as well. Calling me scum for claiming to check validity with my thief role
WHEN I SPECIFICALLY SAID DAY ONE I DOUBTED JACK'S ROLE
sits with me the worst way possible. Role-copping a claimed role also makes no sense from a scum perspective.

VOTE: Anon
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Anon »

I adore the OMGUS but you are missing the point. Can you explain why did you want to confirm Jack0s role (Night 1) if you didnt think his claim was real (Day 1)?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Anon wrote:I adore the OMGUS
In potential LYLO, especially with your weak as hell case on me? :scoffs: That's nothing. Keep spewing nonsense.
Anon wrote:but you are missing the point. Can you explain why did you want to confirm Jack0s role (Night 1) if you didnt think his claim was real (Day 1)?
Why
WOULDN'T
I? It is rare for minis to have more than one investigative role, and Jack's claim was questionable as all hell. Guilty with a hint of miller? Somebody point me to a game where that was a legitimate result.

I wasn't expecting to steal something indicative of a cop (and didn't); I expected to steal something indicative of scum (and didn't do that either). I may not have gotten what I wanted, but I see no error in my ways and therefore think your questioning my role is absurd.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by xvart »

Budja, 693 wrote:By elimination I'm pretty certain scum = Anon, Xvart and arsonist=Flameaxe.
So what does that mean about a no mafia kill last night and a doctor protect on Anon? I'd say you are definitely on the short list of being scum.
Flameaxe, 694 wrote:While I don't expect it, there is still a possibility of three scum. It hasn't been ruled out. Given that, why would we go for an arsonist lynch exactly? Unless of course we are mafia and want a win. Even with two scum, I'd even say going for mafia would be more ideal. While it hasn't happened yet, I don't see why a crosskill couldn't happen. Not much to bank on, but It'd sure be nice.
What does the number of scum have to do with whom we should be targeting for the lynch? If there are two or three scum, it doesn't matter if we lynch one because there would still be one left, and still be a kill. The point of targeting lynching the arsonist is because if we succeed in lynching the arsonist there would only be one potential kill per night. This whole justifying not targeting the arsonist for a lynch is highly suspect.
Blackberry, 700 wrote:Confuc - just for confirmation, does it say you protect from MAFIA? Or what specifically do you protect from? (I am reading myself type this and I realize it would be rather silly to have a doctor that just protects from a SK and there be no mafia, lol)
We did have a doctor that protects from the arsonist: the firefighter. Confucious already said that he doesn't protect from the arsonist, so that leaves mafia and vig kills. I don't understand your speculation.
Anon, 706 wrote:I adore the OMGUS but you are missing the point. Can you explain why did you want to confirm Jack0s role (Night 1) if you didnt think his claim was real (Day 1)?
I think this question is irrelevant because it appears that a majority of people didn't believe his claim (or didn't care either way) and the lynch all liars line of thinking wasn't followed so his alignment was still questionable. But, I could see scumSC thief checking him to see if his role was accurate for scum purposes in night kill selection later. Also, SC's vote on Anon is suspect since, from my perspective, Anon is practically confirmed not scum since he was doc protected last night and there was no kill, unless you think Anon might be the Arsonist. Is that why you are voting Anon?

Would it be a good idea to claim flavor in addition to roles? So if SC gets a result on someone we can cross check that with the flavor claims from the previous day?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Phonepost:

If we have three scum, and lynch the arsonist, we have reached endgame. That is why it matters. Banking on two scum sounds like a terrible idea at this point. How this is "suspect" is beyond me.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by xvart »

Flameaxe, 709 wrote:If we have three scum, and lynch the arsonist, we have reached endgame. That is why it matters. Banking on two scum sounds like a terrible idea at this point. How this is "suspect" is beyond me.
Okay; I get this point of view now. I didn't get that from your first post. I think the likelihood of there being three scum is not very high; but I at least understand your thinking now.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Budja »

I have trouble thinking Coug-scum as thief is a town role (wiki).
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Budja wrote:I have trouble thinking Coug-scum as thief is a town role (wiki).
The wiki isn't the law of the site, you know that right?

(RHYME. Replying to the rest of the page in a sec now that I'm home)
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Anon wrote:Im even being a nicer guy and asking for a majority. Also I think you are the arsonist.
Obligatory "Why?" comment here. Show me why, show the rest of the town why for that matter. I can't wait.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Anon wrote:Looks like someone is not READING HIS OWN POSTS:
Flameaxe wrote: If the entire town wants me to claim, I'll claim, but don't expect me to do it just because you tell me to. This is a democracy not a dictatorship.
Triple post! Sorry in advance.

I fail to see a point in pointing this out. As far as I can tell, the entire town is onboard with a massclaim at this point. I am part of a massclaim. You are part of a massclaim. Stop stalling and claim, por favor.

Hell at this point, I couldn't care less who claims first. Lets just get this massclaim over with so we can get some decent discussion going about it.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Confucius »

I do not understand why people are voting at this point.

I want xvart to claim first, then Anon. My night choice at least suggests Anon is less likely to be Mafia than xvart. Blackberry, I only protect against Mafia kills.

I agree we should aim to lynch Mafia today. We should have been trying to lynch the Arsonist
yesterday
"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger."
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by Confucius »

I realize that everybody has a background and a secret, but I fail to see why a Vanilla Townie would be found with a “pint of beer.” In my experience, Thieves do not get items from Vanilla Townies at all.

Also:
Porochaz, Post 2 wrote:Role PM's will be going out tonight or tomorrow morning. They will be in this setup:

An example vanilla townie PM would look like this.
Please note, flavour is example only and has no bearing on the game.

Name: Doris MacAllan
Role: Vanilla Townie
Biography: You and your husband own the local hotel and are very close, business is hard but you always have a smile on your face.
Your Secret: You are planning to sell the business after a rough Christmas period which has brought you into conflict with your husband.
Role Mechanics: By day, you can vote. By night, you can sleep.
Win Condition: You win when there are no more threats to the town.
So I must ask:

Mod, is it possible that a player’s flavor actually
could
have a bearing on the game?

I would like other Vanilla Townies to summarize your biography and secret, and postulate what you think a Thief role might steal from you. I fail to see why a Vanilla Townie's flavor should affect the results from a Thief investigation (regardless of whether StrangerCoug is Scum or Town).

Also, I am not sure why players are reluctant to think an Arsonist would not have a “pint of beer” on them. In Committee Mafia, the Serial Killer that won the game was, in fact, the “town drunk.”
"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger."
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by xvart »

I am a Ben Goodman, VT. I like computer games, so my best guess as to what SC would steal from me is a computer game or something thereabouts.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:00 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Budja - What is your flavor? *lick*
You don't taste Vanilla to me.

Xvart - You "like computer games"? Your background says "I like video games." Could you be more specific?

Anon - Claim please? With flavor. After Budja.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:34 am

Post by xvart »

Blackberry wrote:Xvart - You "like computer games"? Your background says "I like video games." Could you be more specific?
Basically yes. My parents are Stephen and Delia. I am a normal teenage boy. I play computer games and chill with my friends. My secret is I am failing math (due to playing computer games when I should be doing my homework) and if my parents find out I'm going to be grounded for a long time.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:21 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Phone post.

Anon-town should not have voted yet at this stage of the game, where it is potentially 3:3:1. If that is the ratio, one of us is proven scum. The more optimistic 4:2:1 can still get us in trouble if we mislynch. For this reason, I'm not ready to accept Anon-town until he unvotes.

Give me time to get on a computer not being fixed and I'll' come up with what I might steal from myself. (We have a bus driver!)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:14 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, here we go: I am Delia Goodmen. My husband, Steven, got some land from a relative after that person passed away, and I, like a good housewife should, have been keeping the place clean. I've gotten tired of the same old same old after two years, however, so I go for whatever cheap thrills I can find. Stealing's my favorite.

I figure that I might steal a broom from myself if I were bus-driven with my target. You sweep when you clean, no?

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by xvart »

So you're my mother? lol. Did you know that you had a son?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Ah! Yes, I remember you, Ben. How has school been for you?

Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Anon »

Unvote.

Stilll having Coug in the top of my scum spectrum but need to check something before I go full online. Hint: Prozac's love for non standard roles.

Ill claim as well. Paraphrasing, Im Joshua Gibs, a commuter. My wife and me own a mobile fish mongers. She sells the fish, and I go out in my boat and catch them. My secret is that I hate my job with a passion becuase its difficult and boring but it makes good money.

At night I may use my boat to sail into the ocean in relative safety. But I may not do this on consecutive nights. Ill keep to myself if I commuted or not yesterday.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”