Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Confucius »

I have been doing some background research on Porochaz since Blackberry’s claim. It looks as if Bus Driver is actually a role Porochaz may be prone to implementing, even in a claimed “basic” theme. In the “Explicitly Normal / non-Normal Roles” discussion in Mafia Discussion, Porochaz posted:
Porochaz, Post 101 wrote:I would pretty much say any normal game I run has a chance to have a bus driver in it, unless I state specifically that it doesn't, I think the role is normal...

however I dont really know why we constantly need to define things... a general normal modding do's and don't's would suffice.
"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger."
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Confucius wrote:I have been doing some background research on Porochaz since Blackberry’s claim. It looks as if Bus Driver is actually a role Porochaz may be prone to implementing, even in a claimed “basic” theme. In the “Explicitly Normal / non-Normal Roles” discussion in Mafia Discussion, Porochaz posted:
Porochaz, Post 101 wrote:I would pretty much say any normal game I run has a chance to have a bus driver in it, unless I state specifically that it doesn't, I think the role is normal...

however I dont really know why we constantly need to define things... a general normal modding do's and don't's would suffice.
More evidence that Confucius is not scum.

Also, Flameaxe, as I said, if Mafia killed arsonist and arsonist killed a townie, mafia would have an auto-win (this is assuming there is 3 mafia, although someone at one point suggested there was only 2- although in games with 12 players were there is a SK, isn't there still typically 3 scum? - I may be mistaken, just what I recall - the only instances I remember seeing a 2man team in a 12 player game is when there are two opposing mafias, with 2 scum each).
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Fair enough blackberry.

Regarding mafia size, it obviously depends on how many power roles will balance it. With 5 dead, all being powerless against a mafia, two "generally" protective (if you count bus driver as protective), and knowing my own role, I'm leaning 2 right now. The potential two day victory helps my lean as well.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by Confucius »

Sigh. This game is frustrating on multiple levels. I now think one of Budja or Strangercoug needs to be our next claim. I definitely want to start today with focus on the five players who lynched Wraith and mallowgeno.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by xvart »

Hmmm... I've never played with a Bus Driver before, so I'm going to have to defer to the mob for some of this. I know a bus driver can be either alignment, but which is it typically in a mini? If a bus driver switched Person A and Person B and a tracker tracked a mafia member to person A's location would the tracker's result show up as him going to Person A or Person B (who is now in Person A's spot)?
Blackberry, 37 wrote:Does it sound like a Paranoid Gun Owner shot Jack? Pretend Jack wasn't a Vanilla Townie, if it had come up that he had a power role that he could target someone, would you think it was a Paranoid Gun Owner?
The PGO would have shot you, not the person you switched the PGO with.

BB - you never said why you switched Jack and Flameaxe. Why did you pick those two people?
Confucius, 655 wrote:I protected Anon last night. We need to full-claim today, starting with Blackberry.
Why did you protect Anon last night?
Flameaxe, 668 wrote:Your claim had nothing to do with my hammer, nor did I find it brought any useful information to the table in my eyes as I already worked out Blackberry's role. I've had a town read on Blackberry for most of this game, and I trusted his judgement because of it (and his potential role for what its worth).
When, exactly, had you worked out his role?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by Confucius »

Protecting Anon was process of elimination. I was not about to protect anybody who was on both the Wraith and mallowgeno wagons. That left Anon and xvart. I chose Anon because I figured if the Mafia was going to try and kill somebody other than me, they probably would not try to kill the person I protected on Night One.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:16 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I believe Confucius's claim, but Wraith has never been a participant, so you're going to get nowhere figuring out who lynched him. Do you mean Raivann?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:23 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Blackberry wrote:Flameaxe I can 100% confirm isn't
Mafia

I don't think Coug is mafia because he was on mallowgeno before he slipped. Not 100%, but a good bet.

--- ---

I don't see a problem with secrecy at this point. If I die at night, you can just look at my role and deduce what happened. If I am alive tomorrow, I can (and probably will) explain then. We only need one more vote to verify if I am right or not. Plus, I'd rather people do less talking and more voting. The quicker we end the day, the less info mafia has to make their decisions tonight.
@Xvart: I had a pretty good idea by this post.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:15 am

Post by Confucius »

StrangerCoug wrote:I believe Confucius's claim, but Wraith has never been a participant, so you're going to get nowhere figuring out who lynched him. Do you mean Raivann?
Yes, I meant Raivann. I am mixing up two games where a Townie was mislynched on Day One.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Anon »

Villagers Alive: 7/12

Anon

Blackberry

Budja

Confucius

Flameaxe

StrangerCoug

xvart

Despite of BB's stupidity, I still think he is town (the gambit is that hard to implement if he is scum and it reeks of strong sincerity). Confucius is obvtown (activity, agressive tone, claim, reads, arguments). So the scums lie between this universe of (Budja, Flameaxe, Coug and xvart).

These are my preferences, based on reads during the whole game: Coug=Flameaxe>xvart>Budja. Im calling right now that Coug is mafia and Flameaxe is very likely the arsonist.

These two should be claiming in their next posts.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by xvart »

Okay; after rereading BB in light of his bus driver claim, a lot of what he said makes a lot more sense and his actions also make more sense (although the whole PGO thing is still incredible nonsense). I don't think he is obvtown as Anon seems to believe, and I still think his behavior D1 was incredibly suspicious, so he is still on my possible scum list.
Flameaxe, 682 wrote:
Blackberry wrote:Flameaxe I can 100% confirm isn't
Mafia

I don't think Coug is mafia because he was on mallowgeno before he slipped. Not 100%, but a good bet.

--- ---

I don't see a problem with secrecy at this point. If I die at night, you can just look at my role and deduce what happened. If I am alive tomorrow, I can (and probably will) explain then. We only need one more vote to verify if I am right or not. Plus, I'd rather people do less talking and more voting. The quicker we end the day, the less info mafia has to make their decisions tonight.
@Xvart: I had a pretty good idea by this post.
Why did you think he was bus driver by that post?

Porochaz, Raivaan lynch, 505 wrote:
Raivann
- 5 - Flameaxe,
Llama
, Budja, Blackberry, Strangercoug
Blackberry - 4 - xvart,
Raivann
, Mitsuru, Fishy
Jack
- 1 -
Mallowgeno

Flameaxe - 1 - Anon
Budja - 1 -
Jack
Porochaz, mallow lynch, 652 wrote:
mallowgeno
- 5 - StrangerCoug, Blackberry, Budja,
llama
, Flameaxe
Blackberry - 2 - xvart,
mallowgeno

Flameaxe - 1 - Confucius

Not Voting - 1 - Anon
If there are three scum (two mafia and one arsonist) I'm willing to bet that two of them are in the group responsible for the two lynches in some combination. Going to go back and look at these people (StrangerCoug, Blackberry, Budja, flameaxe).

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Budja »

Just a note here that I will be semi V/LA until Sunday due to Exams.

I still believe Blackberry and I believe Confucius.
Off the top of my head and elimination, I'd pick xvart then flameaxe as top scum.
It is definantly time to claim. I am vanilla.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:54 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Anon wrote:These are my preferences, based on reads during the whole game: Coug=Flameaxe>xvart>Budja. Im calling right now that Coug is mafia and Flameaxe is very likely the arsonist.

These two should be claiming in their next posts.
I am a thief. I stole from Jack day one and Confucius day two, both times to check the validity of their claims. I got a pint of beer from Jack (or Flameaxe, depending on whether the bus drive claim is true) and a syringe from Confucius, which explains these posts:
StrangerCoug wrote:I guess Jack was drinking too much when he claimed.
StrangerCoug wrote:I believe Confucius's claim
If the bus driver claim is true, and I think so based on how Blackberry attacked mallowgeno, then Anon, Budja and xvart should be PoE'd. The possibility exists that Flamexe is the arsonist, however (alcohol is flammable).

Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:08 am

Post by Confucius »

StrangerCoug, earlier you just said you did not believe Jack's claim was real. Now you say you thieved his belongings to "check the validity of [his] claim." Please explain.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I'll also confirm Scoug's night one result, as soon as I get this answer from Prozac:

Prozac: I don't expect it, but is there any issue with flavor claiming? Just want to make sure.

As for the role, I'm just a lowly vanilla.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:27 am

Post by Porochaz »

Along as your not directly quoting its fine.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:33 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Okay.

The flavor of my role says I was a famous barman in the town, and I work at the local bar, thus the alcohol.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:07 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Confucius wrote:StrangerCoug, earlier you just said you did not believe Jack's claim was real. Now you say you thieved his belongings to "check the validity of [his] claim." Please explain.
Thief is a variant cop. I almost stole from mallowgeno that night, but then I remembered that I brought Jack's claim into question. It made no sense to me to do that and then steal from someone else since he was alive when Day 1 ended.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Budja »

I also believe Coug. Thief is a pro-town role and he has crumbed.
By elimination I'm pretty certain scum = Anon, Xvart and arsonist=Flameaxe.
After MC, I'll be voting Flameaxe.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Budja wrote:I also believe Coug. Thief is a pro-town role and he has crumbed.
By elimination I'm pretty certain scum = Anon, Xvart and arsonist=Flameaxe.
After MC, I'll be voting Flameaxe.
While I don't expect it, there is still a possibility of three scum. It hasn't been ruled out. Given that, why would we go for an arsonist lynch exactly? Unless of course we are mafia and want a win. Even with two scum, I'd even say going for mafia would be more ideal. While it hasn't happened yet, I don't see why a crosskill couldn't happen. Not much to bank on, but It'd sure be nice.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Oh, and another flaw in your logic. Last night can be summed up in two (three if you like speculating) ways: Mafia didn't kill, Anon was protected (and to a lesser extent because this isn't confirmed in any way) the mafia shot the arsonist and the arsonist has kill-immunity.

First option: I'd find unlikely with a possible win for a group of three on the line. With a group of two, I'd still feel it would be unlikely for a no-kill.
Second option: I find the most likely. I'll elaborate more on what this means for my list once everyone else claims. I'd personally prefer an Anon claim next. Personally.
Third option: Blah blah blah, we don't even know if they have kill immunity, so I don't hold this with that much weight.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Budja »

I have been is a simular situation (as the arsonist actually) and were there one player less, it would be a horrible idea. But since its not LyLo, removing a kill is the best bet.

Anon protected from scum kill => Anon town => I'm scum. So, by logic scum shot a NK-immune arsonist which is hardly farfetched. It all depends on perspective.
Right now, you just don't want to be lynched and lose.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Budja wrote:I have been is a simular situation (as the arsonist actually) and were there one player less, it would be a horrible idea. But since its not LyLo, removing a kill is the best bet.

Anon protected from scum kill => Anon town => I'm scum. So, by logic scum shot a NK-immune arsonist which is hardly farfetched. It all depends on perspective.
Right now, you just don't want to be lynched and lose.
How do we know it's not lylo though? We don't.

I'm not ruling Anon just town yet. I obv know my own role, and I know that it's not the arsonist, so ruling him, or any of you out as the arsonist would be silly.

You're right. As I see it, if I get lynched here the town will most likely lose. It all depends on perspective, and I'm sorry to say that your perspective is wrong.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Budja »

@Flameaxe, do you believe the PR's?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Budja wrote:@Flameaxe, do you believe the PR's?
Yes, to an extent. I know that Scoug is a thief due to his claim about what he got from me/jack. Am I going to rule out a possible anti-town use to that role? No. Am I leaning there? No.

I don't have any reason to disbelieve Confusius, but obviously the same deal as Scoug would apply. I'm less inclined to go with the paranoia on this one, I find it very hard to believe we would get protection from an arsonist with the firefighter, but not from a mafia kill.

I do believe Berry's claim, and while I very highly doubt it, a mafia bus driver wouldn't be something that I would 100% rule out (but I highly, highly doubt this one).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”