Open 247 - camn's apartment - Game Over!

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Open 247 - camn's apartment - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by camn »

HI, guys! I am glad you all could make it to me and Ojanen’s party.
I know my apartment is small… but I think we will all get along. There are only the nine of us, after all, and OJ and I cuddle, so we hardly take up any space. Andwith this cold weather moving in, I think cozy is better, no?

ANYWAY… I am not sure everyone is here yet… We will be in the kitchen for a while making some tater tots, but here is a list of the people I am expecting. Just holler at me here in the thread if you are here… I put some drinks out, so make yourself at home. I noticed the weather was looking a little freaky, too.. I hope everyone can show up!

Party list (bold have actually arrived):
CSL
-
Mafia Goon
- Lynched Day 1
Incognito
-
Town Deputy
- Killed Night 1
Antihero
-
Vanilla Townie

Haylen
-
Vanilla Townie

Equinox
-
Town Cop

Nachomamma8
-
Vanilla Townie

gandalf5166
-
Mafia Roleblocker
- Lynched Day 2

Oh, ps.. I know some of you guys are a little xenophobic… so I figure you should know.. we invited some of Ojanen’s shadier friends. I don’t think they will cause any trouble.. but you never can tell.

Spoiler: Setup and Role PMs:
This is an Open game under Trendy and Subversive V1
The roles are as follows:
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop or Nurse
1 Doctor or Deputy
3 Townies

The Role PMs are as follows:
You, name, are a Mafia Goon with name (who is a Mafia Roleblocker) and are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

* During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
* During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must send me a PM with your choice of who to kill.
* You may communicate privately via QuickTopic with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
* You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
You, name, are a Mafia Roleblocker with name (a Mafia Goon) and are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

* During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
* During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must send me a PM with your choice of who to kill.
* The Mafia Roleblocker has the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
* The Mafia should send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block (usually along with the kill). If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether the roleblock worked or not.
* The Mafia may communicate privately via QuickTopic up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
* You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.

* You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
* Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
* At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
* You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.

* Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
* The Moderator will inform you as to that person's guilt or innocence.
* As in a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
* You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.

* Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
* If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
* You may not protect yourself.
* As in a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
You are the local DEPUTY law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.... if the career guys would let you out from behind this desk. You dream of having the following abilities, but that will only happen if the real cop dies.

* Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
* The Moderator will inform you as to that person's guilt or innocence.
* As in a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).

You are the Nurse, and COULD protect people from harm, if that pesky, meddling Doctor would stop sending you for coffee. If the real doctor dies, you will inherit the following abilities.

* Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
* If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
* You may not protect yourself.
* As in a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
Spoiler: Game Rules (almost totally stolen):
General Rules

Remember that this is a game. Please enjoy yourself! =)
Do not quote any PMs sent to you by me. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. Doing so will automatically get you mod-killed. Mod-kills will automatically end the Day.
Please keep all conversation within the thread unless your role PM specifies otherwise. If I find out that chatting is going on outside of the thread, you will be mod-killed.
If you have any questions about the game, please feel free to PM me.
No invisible text may be used within the thread. If you have editing abilities, you may not edit your posts.
Blue is my color
. Please reserve it!

Voting, Lynching, and Death

Votes should be cast using the following format –
Vote: Person X
. I will not count votes that are not bolded. Unvoting is not required, but it is helpful and will make me happy. Using the Vote tag is ok.
Lynching will require a majority of votes.
If a majority is not reached at deadline, a NO LYNCH will occur
. You may
Vote: No Lynch
if you decide that you do not want to lynch during the Day. Once the number of votes reaches the number required for a lynch to occur, that decision is final. Any subsequent unvotes will not be counted.You may feel free to converse during this period (called Twilight) until the thread is locked.
Important: If you get killed or are lynched, you are dead. You may not post anything afterwards. Not even a “Bah!” post. Srsly. Save it for post-game discussion. Or the graveyard thread.

Activity

I expect everyone to post regularly. If I see that a player has not posted for longer than a 48 hour time period and the player has not notified me about this, I will prod said player. If the person fails to pick up his her/prod within 24 hours of the prod, that player will be replaced. If you are prodded more than three times, you will be replaced (negotiable). If you are prodded, you must respond to the prod in-thread.
Treat this game as a commitment and be courteous to your fellow players. I find that this is the best way for everyone to enjoy the game. Thanks. =)
Each Day will automatically have a set deadline of 2 weeks. I may extend the deadline under certain circumstances using my own discretion.

Golden Rule Reiterated

Again, remember to have fun! =D Don’t get personal. I will modkill you.

PMs are all out.. please /confirm in thread!
Last edited by camn on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:54 am, edited 18 times in total.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by camn »

Hello, Nacho and equinox.
It is weird.. me and O just HAD some nachos!
Anyway, here are some tater tots. Please make yourselves at home!

Can you believe this cold weather that is coming up on us! I might have to fire up my furnace a little early this year!
Hopefully everyone will still be able to make it!

OK, back to the kitchen with me. Ojanen and I got into a whipcream/chocolate sauce fight earlier, and I need revenge!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by camn »

Oh good! People are coming!

Me and Ojanen are going to go into the bedroom and take a quick little disco-nap. .. .
Everyone should be here soon... and then the party can REALLY start!

Nobody go anywhere!
There is wine!
And the punch has a ton of vodka in it!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by camn »

OH MY GOD you guys.

Listen... I have some disturbing news.
I went into the bathroom for a little while to clean up after our.. nap. Anyway, when I came back out my sweet Ojanen was gone.
I noticed that the balcony door was open, and I figured she was having a smoke (germans! I know!)... so I slipped into my bathrobe and went out there.

All I saw was a streak of blood on the rail, and a tipped over BBQ.
I looked over the rail.... and there she was.

Dead.

Butchered by one of you, her lifeless body thrown to the snow-covered alley below.
I know it was one of you. I don't know what your plan is...but I have locked the doors, and thrown away the key.

I will not rest until she is avenged.
If you need me, I will be in the bathroom. Crying.

Day One Begins now:
Day 1, Vote Count #1

Ojanen,
SWEET TOWNIE
, was brutally murdered and thrown from the balcony into the snow.
No one can leave until this crime has been avenged.

Not Voting
-
(CSL, gandalf5166, Equinox, Incognito, Haylen, Nachomamma8, Antihero)

With seven alive, it takes
votes to lynch. Deadline is scheduled for Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 12:00:00 Noon (San Francisco time) <Countdown>.

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #25 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by camn »

Day 1, Vote Count #2

Incognito
-
(Equinox, Antihero)
gandalf5166
-
(Incognito)
Antihero
-
(CSL)

Not Voting
-
(gandalf5166, Haylen, Nachomamma8)

votes to lynch. Deadline is scheduled for Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 12:00:00 Noon (San Francisco time) <Countdown>.

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #43 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by camn »

Day 1, Vote Count #3

CSL
-
(Incognito, Haylen)
Incognito
-
(Equinox)
Antihero
-
(CSL)
Haylen
-
(Antihero)

Not Voting
-
(gandalf5166, Nachomamma8)

I am Prodding gandalf5166
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by camn »

sniff.. thanks, nacho.
I am still pretty heartbroken.. but you know that my need for revenge is the only thing... that is keeping me going right now.
I need everyone here.. if we are ever going to get to the bottom of things....

Until I see the killers dead... my eyes will be flooded.. by my tears.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #106 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by camn »

Hi, you guys. I hope I don’t look too hideous… I have been crying my eyes out in the bathroom.
Have you made a decision yet?

You have?
OH
I see you have gouged CSL’s eyes out and shoved a strange torture device from the middle ages down his throat.
I can’t say I expected that kind of violence…… but it raises a small tingle in my uterus.
A little, tiny glow of something that I seem to remember used to be called joy.
Something that ignites passion in a person.

I am going to go take a bath and go to bed.
I suggest everyone get some rest, because tomorrow there is a lot more revenge in front of us.

CSL-
Mafia Goon
– has been lynched

CSL
-
(Incognito, Haylen, gandalf5166, CSL)
Incognito
-
(Equinox,)
Nachomamma8
-
(Antihero)
Equinox
-
(Nachomamma8)

Send me your night choices pronto.

Night time deadline is scheduled for Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 8:46 AM (San Francisco time) <Countdown>.

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #107 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by camn »

Well, good morning everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the pancakes I made you.
I noticed someone left Incognito’s lifeless body on my bedroom doorstep this morning.
I don’t know if you thought that that was sweet or something, but I have certainly had nicer wake-up calls, if you know what I mean. In fact, Incog himself has woken me up in more tender ways than this.
In any event.. although my anger was cooling, this only makes it worse. MUCH worse. Now both of my toys are broken piles of decaying flesh.

I am not happy.

This calls for blood. And blood orange pancakes !

Incognito-
Town Deputy
– has been killed

Day 2 starts now.

Not Voting
-
(gandalf5166, Equinox, Haylen, Nachomamma8, Antihero)

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline is scheduled for Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 8:46 AM (San Francisco time) <Countdown>.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #130 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by camn »

Day 2 votecount #1

gandalf5166
-
(Antihero)
Nachomamma8
-
(gandalf5166)

Not Voting
-
(Equinox, Haylen, Nachomamma8)

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline is scheduled for Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 8:46 AM (San Francisco time) <Countdown>.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #139 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:02 am

Post by camn »

You all are disgusting.

I have been in here, washing my hair,
ASSUMING
that you people would be getting to the bottom of this mystery.

Who would lay hands on my pet?... my soft, warm, delicious, and jubilant Ojanen? She who defends me even now, even as we are separated by life and death? Who would
dare
to put a knife into her flawless breast?
WHO
?!
FURTHERMORE... who would destroy the Adonis that you people called Incognito? Who? I need to know.

I thought you were my friends, and you would be investigating things.
Instead, most of you seem to have spent the morning sitting on the couch and watching football.

This can not stand!

I only hope that, for your own sake, you guys start talking it out.
Now.. I am going to go try on clothes.

Please. Avenge me.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #148 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:52 am

Post by camn »

I knew you guys would come through for me. Even though there were some bad apples at this party of ours, I am proud to see that you are swift and effective when it comes to my revenge!

gandalf5166 -
Mafia Roleblocker
- has been lynched
!

Now my sweet playmates' souls can rest easy, and I can move on.
Were the scum so obvious? Did my tears blind me?
Now that they are dead we can speak freely!

This game ends in a decisive town victory. That will teach people to raise trouble at my parties!
!
Last edited by camn on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #169 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by camn »

I definately was against the CSL self-hammer.
I don't think it worked to any tactical advantage for the scum.

I think you, gandalf, got off on the wrong foot by lurking.
(It might seem that I opened the game without him.. but he HAD picked up his PM.. and in fact he HAD posted in the scum QuickTopic.... so I figured it was fair play. THen he needed a prod.)
I think that that painted a pretty big target on you, g, but I kill lurkers for sport :)

I def thought it was amusing that both the Cop and Deputy targeted the same person. DO great minds think alike?

IN any event, thank you all for putting up with my first attempt. I don't think I will be too prolific of a mod, but I do want privileges....for back up purposes and co-modding and such.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #175 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by camn »

Incognito wrote:You did well as a mod, camn. I liked the flavor mostly. I tend to lose my drive after awhile when it comes to flavor but you seemed to keep up with it pretty well..
MOSTLY!?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #178 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:35 am

Post by camn »

I offered you a spot, but no.. you wanted to /in to the GAME instead!
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #180 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:21 am

Post by camn »

I did! My initial flavor involved Incognito in some way that I will not disclose at this time.... but I hat to retract him from it when he joined the game...
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #182 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:33 am

Post by camn »

No.
I didn't bother.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #187 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by camn »

Trust me, there was nothing interesting. No scum-scum talk.. it was just me and CSL shooting the shiz. And Incog refusing to participate.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #188 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:08 am

Post by camn »

Well.. can I do this? Or should we wait for admins?

I will do it.

"When all the summer shine
That warmed life's early hours is past,
Your loving fingers seek for mine
And hold them close at..... last post."

Return to “Completed Open Games”