Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:53 am

Post by imaginality »

Hi. I'm sorry guys. Was fully expecting to have posted in this game yesterday morning NZ time. But as you might have noticed on the news, a 7.1 earthquake struck right here at 4:30am, and caused a loss of power and a change of plan. I spent most of yesterday manning a helpline.

The good news is our house wasn't significantly damaged structurally (bit of a mess inside though with everything that was on shelves finding its way to the floor!), and I have power back on at home now. I'm aiming to catch up and post this evening.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

:: VoteCount 1x9 ::

Antihero (0) -
MagnaofIllusion (0) -

RedCoyote (0) -

danakillsu (2) -
RedCoyote, DavidParker

Jack (1) -
Jack

Haschel Cedricson (1) -
imaginality

LynchMePls (0) -

XScorpion (0) -

Stef (5) -
Haschel Cedricson, Antihero, LynchMePls, mykonian, danakillsu

imaginality (1) -
Stef

mykonian (0) -

DavidParker (2) -
MagnaOfIllusion, Xscorpion

Not Voting (0) -

With 12 Alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

MagnaOfIllusion is currently V/LA through Monday the 6th. No prods are currently needed, but tomorrow may be a different story.
Welcome to the Network.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by danakillsu »

LynchMePls wrote:
danakillsu wrote:@HC
But as we have already stated, expecting me to answer that way is unfair. You did not tell me I had a choice of you shooting anyone, just the choice of whether you would shoot Stef. If you didn't shoot him, I wouldn't know who you were going to shoot, and therefore, since he is likely scum, I would rather you shoot him.
Now, about the actual issue of whether I find him scummy, I already made it patently clear that I do not find him scummy for anything other than his connection to RC, which is glaring. That is why I can say "goodposting" but still want him dead. Please read the thread.
So you are fine with him shooting stef whether you think he is town or not, as long as he shoots no one else? This sounds REALLY scummy.
What about "since he is likely scum" did you not understand? I am NOT fine with him shooting stef regardless, and I don't know where that came from.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:13 am

Post by imaginality »

Sorry, it's become clear it won't be possible for me to focus on this game at the moment.

@Mod: Please replace me. My apologies to you, and to the other players.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:22 am

Post by LimMePls »

danakillsu wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
But as we have already stated, expecting me to answer that way is unfair. You did not tell me I had a choice of you shooting anyone, just the choice of whether you would shoot Stef. If you didn't shoot him, I wouldn't know who you were going to shoot, and therefore, since he is likely scum, I would rather you shoot him.
Now, about the actual issue of whether I find him scummy, I already made it patently clear that I do not find him scummy for anything other than his connection to RC, which is glaring. That is why I can say "goodposting" but still want him dead. Please read the thread.
So you are fine with him shooting stef whether you think he is town or not, as long as he shoots no one else? This sounds REALLY scummy.
What about "since he is likely scum" did you not understand? I am NOT fine with him shooting stef regardless, and I don't know where that came from.
The part about "I do not find him scummy for anything other than his connection to RC". So you have no problems with his play aside from his interactions with RC? So you think that connection to RC is enough to pronounce him scum?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by danakillsu »

LynchMePls wrote:
danakillsu wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
The part about "I do not find him scummy for anything other than his connection to RC". So you have no problems with his play aside from his interactions with RC? So you think that connection to RC is enough to pronounce him scum?
Absolutely.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by Antihero »

I hope everything works out well for you, imaginality.

Is anyone here OK with Stef's imaginality vote? If so, why?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:24 am

Post by DavidParker »

Well it just seems kinda useless to me...
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Sorry to hear that, imaginality. Be safe out there.

---
dana 272 wrote:I do not find him scummy for anything other than his connection to RC, which is glaring. That is why I can say "goodposting" but still want him dead.
I cannot believe you are still harping on about this. This is so silly. The obvious, immediate question is, of course, what makes Stef so special? David, mykonian, and HC have all implied, in one way or another, similar good things about my posting. That they think it's more or less on target. What connection does Stef have to me that these players do not? Moreover, don't you find it convenient that Stef, the player with the biggest wagon, happens to be the one player that you decide to vote instead of the three others I've listed? There are no examples as to why Stef should stick out. Your line of reasoning is too vague and too opportunistic for my tastes.

---
Antihero 281 wrote:Is anyone here OK with Stef's imaginality vote? If so, why?
He was voting him before the earthquake. I think it's an acceptable vote, and I explained why previously.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:56 am

Post by danakillsu »

Don't you find it interesting that I said I would be happy to have him killed BEFORE I voted for him? So it wasn't just for the wagon, was it? But if you want examples as to why he's different, how about these:
Stef wrote:@RC:
That is, he's a more difficult lynch than, say, Antihero or dana, which seem like they may roll over more easily

Why exactly would you try and figure out who is EASIER to lynch? And then you vote for ... dana? God.
Stef wrote:RC: So yes, you voted for dana because it was convenient. Basically you were full of it and acted like you knew something you don't just for the sake of posting.

Also, Dana's argument that not posting when everybody else does is a good point, how do you see it as too defensive?
If the things he says here were ever true, they still are. And they are very good points indeed. But he suddenly does this:
Stef wrote:I agree with DP that RC's posting lately has greatly improved. I see no reason for my vote to stay where it is at the moment.

Unvote
And not only has he not answered me as to how your posting has improved, he uses his vote simply to "pressure" imaginality to post some content. This looks very much like he thought he could bus you, but when he realized that your wagon wasn't going anywhere, he decided to put his vote somewhere noncontroversial.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:05 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Mykonian, Stef, and Xscorpion have been prodded.

A replacement has not been found for imaginality as of yet.

Info edit: Apparently Stef has technical issues.

I slept through my first class. Yay.
Last edited by kunkstar7 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Network.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Antihero »

RedCoyote wrote:
Antihero 281 wrote:Is anyone here OK with Stef's imaginality vote? If so, why?
He was voting him before the earthquake. I think it's an acceptable vote, and I explained why previously.
I read that, and I still have no idea why you think it's acceptable. If imaginality isn't posting at all, why not just ask for a prod?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:24 am

Post by XScorpion »

Ow.
Those lists I made were mostly just to avoid being prodded/replaced and a quasi-attempt of providing input to the game, even if it was generally false and bad input.
This is just awful. If you are worried about being prodded/replaced, just ask for a V/LA.
Voting for lurkers is either a sign of a bad player or scum. Just sayin.'
Dana's vote on Stef feels very forced. I wouldn't be surprised if Dana is just scum bussing at this point because he knows Stef is gonna die.
If Stef or Dana gets lynched today, HC needs another choice of target. I nominate DavidParker. Everyone should give suggestions as to who they think is a good vig target aside from whichever of Dana/Stef survives.
Oh, and please don't end the day until imaginality's replacement does some contribution. I hate when people go hammer-happy and forget that we still have player slots with literally no information.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:38 am

Post by LimMePls »

XScorpion wrote:Ow.
Those lists I made were mostly just to avoid being prodded/replaced and a quasi-attempt of providing input to the game, even if it was generally false and bad input.
This is just awful. If you are worried about being prodded/replaced, just ask for a V/LA.
Voting for lurkers is either a sign of a bad player or scum. Just sayin.'
Dana's vote on Stef feels very forced. I wouldn't be surprised if Dana is just scum bussing at this point because he knows Stef is gonna die.
If Stef or Dana gets lynched today, HC needs another choice of target. I nominate DavidParker. Everyone should give suggestions as to who they think is a good vig target aside from whichever of Dana/Stef survives.
Oh, and please don't end the day until imaginality's replacement does some contribution. I hate when people go hammer-happy and forget that we still have player slots with literally no information.
I'm not sure I like the idea of everyone saying who should get vigged. I don't like the idea of hidden scum influencing the shot.

I do agree with your analysis of dana's vote on stef.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:48 am

Post by XScorpion »

I think giving vig targets should help determine who is suspicious of who (I highly doubt scum are going to suggest that the vig kill a scumpartner), so that can be helpful after we get some flips.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:02 am

Post by LimMePls »

XScorpion wrote:I think giving vig targets should help determine who is suspicious of who (I highly doubt scum are going to suggest that the vig kill a scumpartner), so that can be helpful after we get some flips.
Why do you "highly doubt" that? They have the same motivation as they do bussing partners by voting.

V/LA on weekends
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:16 am

Post by DavidParker »

Sure they might. I think any pseudo-PR stuff that comes in the open is bad for town and helps scum more.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:37 am

Post by XScorpion »

Why do you "highly doubt" that? They have the same motivation as they do bussing partners by voting.
It just doesn't seem to make sense to me when they might as well just offer a townie up instead.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:00 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Stef has an indeterminate V/LA while waiting for account reactivation.
Welcome to the Network.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:09 am

Post by danakillsu »

Oh, sure, my vote on Stef feels forced after post 284. Give it a rest, guys.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:29 am

Post by mykonian »

should have told you I was v/la, but I thought I could stay away for one other day without you noticing... Tomorrow I have time again to play. This whole weekend (friday till monday) was just way too much fun to spend time on the internet.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

danakillsu wrote:Oh, sure, my vote on Stef feels forced after post 284. Give it a rest, guys.
No, it feels forced after post 259. Post 284 just reads like shoddy retconning.

Antihero is right and RedCoyote is wrong as far as their thoughts on Stef's imaginality vote goes. A single pressure vote this late in the day isn't going to magically make somebody start posting again; prods are the better tool here.

Got back from PAX last night, will go over this weekend with a closer read later.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by danakillsu »

@HC
Why does it feel forced after that? That and 284 are saying the same thing, just 284 is more in-depth. You seriously think I didn't know everything in 284 before posting 259?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Don't have much time right now but will be re-reading dana and RC in the next two RL days. Bed calls me right now.

Let me say for the record - Why are more people not voting for David Parker? My god look at his ISO!
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

dana 284 wrote:And not only has he not answered me as to how your posting has improved, he uses his vote simply to "pressure" imaginality to post some content. This looks very much like he thought he could bus you, but when he realized that your wagon wasn't going anywhere, he decided to put his vote somewhere noncontroversial.
What's this? You've actually tried to explain yourself? Now I could be cruel and say that David arguably said a very similar thing, but I won't do that. I want to hear what Stef has to say about the game, because I think he's back.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”