ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4050 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:12 am

Post by ooba »

And this is a feeling I got from reading the scum QT - coordination amongst big scum teams is a pain ..

Preview: Fate - I don't want to hear about Weeds Mafia :P. And true about Faraday's slip - when did he actually mention the result in the White council QT?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4051 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:13 am

Post by Iecerint »

Cult victory wouldn't have affected the town win AFAICT.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4052 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:15 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Fate wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:ooba was Town? :o
Your reads were wrong?

SHOCK AND AWE
Not really. I was banking on going mad dog on him if the game went on after Katy's lynch.

I miss going mad dog. :(
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #4053 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:24 am

Post by Fate »

[quote=Faraday]As for my abillities, well yeah. I left stuff out.
I've a tracker abillity.
n1 i tried to kill orto. i think i hinted @ this in here by telling mina there was no point targetting ortolan or something.
n2 I tracked fate he targeted chronopie. I'm p sure fate is town anyway but he's so fucking erratic.[/quote]
July 18th, almost a full month after N2 >_>
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4054 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:28 am

Post by Nikanor »

ooba-Iecerint Lovers QT.

I really think I would have helped Faraday win if he had claimed d1 and used it as a mason recruiter of sorts.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4055 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Faraday »

lol i won first.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4056 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Faraday »

Tarhalindur wrote: (Godsdammit, I could taste the town victory when I got the first signs of being converted - don't think I'm ever again going to put a full-recruiting role in a Tar game that doesn't also replace the player slot, not after this. I was seeing a potential Scummy in my future unless Orbots got it first.)
LOL gl with that scummy.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4057 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Faraday »

i was pretty pissed off with tar's play here, i'm okay now, i'll just bask in my win instead. and yes i'm fully happy with it being a sympathy win of sorts.

anyway also scum were pretty much snowballed, although they did play quite poor town deserves credit for following through on lynching most of the useless players who were scum.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4058 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Iecerint »

Katy did pretty well, though. Glancing through some of the private isos, it looks like lots of players had town reads on her early on.

<3Katy<3
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #4059 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Fate »

Faraday wrote:lol i won first.

DRAW.

YOU DREW DONT SPREAD LIES
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4060 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Is it safe to come out now?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4061 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Katy »

Iecerint wrote:Katy did pretty well, though. Glancing through some of the private isos, it looks like lots of players had town reads on her early on.

<3Katy<3
Aww thanks, man ... I feel bad that I kind of pooped out at the end. I was playing two scum games at the same time and both of them I was flying solo for the last parts, so I got a burnt out knowing that it would take genius I didn't possess to talk my way out of a lynch on the last day. I knew that I would have 100% voted me if I were town, no matter what, with the cult gone. My lack of energy bums me out because I would have liked to have tried something totally crazy at the end when it was hopeless anyway, but it probably would have been solely for my own amusement anyway. ;)

I also was really dying to be town in this game, I love digging my teeth into this kind of thing, so it was hard ... I was very jealous of all the town players.

I dug this crazy game and I actually had a lot of fun trying to see how long I could survive once I was basically outed. The only critique I had was that I wished scum had been allowed to talk in their QT all the time for this game. It felt like we barely had time to react to anything as a team or really coordinate efforts and I'm sure part of that was just due to the outstanding play by town (MO and Mina both were awesome, among others) but it felt like town had a lot of opportunity to coordinate behind the scenes, which is normally supposed to be mafia's advantage over them.

Other than that it was madness and I totally loved it.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #4062 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Fate »

Is this the first time town's won a Tar like crazy madness game?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4063 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Kinetic »

Snow_Bunny wrote:Arggg!!!! Who killed me!!!???
Faraday redirected Katy's Mafia Kill into you.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4064 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Kinetic »

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CMe52-ED

That link SHOULD work to show you nearly every action in the game via my spreadsheet. Some parts may be difficult to read, and I'm not 100% on its accuracy since I haven't gone over it since the game ended.

Katy: The not giving mafia immediate day-talk was intended. Additionally I gave the mafia a chance to gain that eventually with ODIN's ability to add people to the DayTalk thread. It was intended to slowly or eventually give the mafia the ability to day talk.

As for the reason for the zombies not having a lot of information: You'll see this a LOT in my games, information control is key. One of the reasons this game went to the town so well was BECAUSE they used information so well. I'll usually weaken forces by restricting their access to information in exchange for more powerful abilities.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4065 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Kinetic »

For those who have not perused the Green Room thread, here are some important posts:

From Raj:
"i had some questions. did they break the game with the claims?
and did my role ever have a chance since even if i brought a new person in the game it would have shown up as a new mafia member."

I really don't think they have broken the game. I made the game for two reasons, and built in a few layers of protection against claims.

First, I went AGAINST my normal rule of uneven distribution of mafia roles, placing one in each of the four god factions and 2 in the mortals (originally two of the priest roles were mafia, Frankenstein was a SK variant) simply to out-Wifom players who think I wouldn't do it.

Second, I randomized which name would be the scum after creating the roles, and then tailored the mafia roles after they were chosen to make sure they had some additional powers. Dream's role got the most changes overall.

Lastly, I continued with a pattern of making even the scummiest names town and the towniest names scum. Frankly, abilities and names are not equal to scum, as I will give scum abilities that are useless to them if only for confirmation bait, and town abilities that are detrimental to the town, just so if they use them they hurt the town and have trouble claiming them.

Additionally, I tailored so many roles alike on purpose so it is difficult to say "That role doesn't sound right" since there are other roles that are similar, but even the most outlandish role in my game isn't a stretch. In particular: The Endless roles all have something to do with Quick Topics/Neighborization, save Delirium and Delight which were meant to be crazy (Death talks to the dead, Dream talks during the Night, and Desire makes weird Mason/Lover Pairs).

All of the priests have the exact same role with different effects (4 total worship, and a focus ability that is active if they worship the same faction as their target).

All the Shaman King Characters use items that power their abilities.

The Stargate Goa'uld all deal with "Scum-like" abilities (Ra can't die expect by lynch, Apophis has a Jailkeep that doesn't "exactly" block kills and can turn a player into an SK if used too often on them, Set can redirect votes, and Anubis is a rolecop with Investigation immunity while worshiped)

Finally the Norse all follow abilities that are very like their name sakes. Odin can watch players with his ravens, Thor is virtually unstoppable and can make other players that way, Baldr is nearly unkillable, and Loki is a devious fucking bastard (I giggled when ABR got randomed that role).

Lastly, your role had a hell of a chance since ABR was bluffing out his ass. His census ability was a one-shot, he couldn't confirm new players joining as scum or town through it, and I put enough "entry" players as scum or town that just being an entry player shouldn't make you scummy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
PF wrote:yay a 6th member and getting the monster make up for no day talk and town also possibly getting more people. I figured out Faraday could not talk to them and his death meant game over. And that he had no imunity's given ABR's check. Still i think around 33 or 34 percent would be his win chance either way at game start given ressurects of infecteds made zombies. Town goes to 55-60 and cult goes to 40-45 if mafia knocked out early.

So about
Town 35-40%
cult 30-35%
Mafia 25-30%
on average

PM with kinetic:
Kinetic wrote:
PokerFace wrote:did you read the green room recently. I think I got the percent tiles and numbers all figured out and edited som stuff. Game was still fun. And even with best setup i think I'd still be dead, so no i ain't blaming setup. Blaming myself. The setup and bad luck getting screwed by redirectors and tar, just made things worse
Yea I just read it a minute ago and replied. If there is another thing I'll have to double check. I think some things we a bit messed up in my head, and while I don't think its completely broken it could have been a little bit more balanced.
Yes it was not a broken setup or game. just needed more balance and uneven scum dtrib with 3 god groups may have done it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
PF wrote:Also something MAJOR you did wrong kinetic. You revealed mafia as mafia at moment of death for me. And zombie as zombie at moment of death for LMP. Had Town always worshiped Egyptian and protected Chrono then:

1) They could lynch a player
2) If they not scum then chrono resurrects them
And repeat this until all scum are gone

Not a perfect strategy but a definate improvement. Blazes spread vote could theoretically lynch 2 people at once making it easier to scan who be cult or mafia.
Except for the many (many) millers in the set up, and if Egypt was full worshiped Katy would be investigate immune.

If they had done that, too, it would have almost certainly been a Cult win. The additional role cops were intended as "Cult" cops, since cult zombies get their role name changed.

Those were intended, and I knew there was a powerful strategy to use the revive. Except, the revive wasn't perfect. Depending on how many times that ability is used on players it starts to turn them into Serial Killers (some players have greater "resistance" than others to the change), additionally since its a twilight ability Chrono has to choose to revive someone BEFORE the lynch is finalized. He can't even target the lynch candidate with the ability.

Apophis
Apophis

Role Abilities:
Active - Twilight
Sarcophagus: You place target player within the Sarcophagus during the night period. During this time the target cannot be targeted except by killing abilities, nor target other players for any reason. If this player would be killed by any means, they are instead preserved and revived at Daybreak. Repeated use on a single target may have unexpected results. You may only target players who are alive during the day or not the current lynch target with this ability.

Passive
Goa'uld: This character receives all the benefits of being a Goa'uld.

Worship Abilities:
Active - Passive
River Styx: You may target players in the "Yet to pass from this mortal coil" area with Sarcophagus. This will restore them to life.

Win Condition:
Town
I think its pretty balanced overall.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4066 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Kinetic »

Lastly, for those who want to know:

Endless Worship Days - The thread is not closed during the night. Instead all players may continue to speak in thread during the night.
Egyptian Worship Days - All players in the graveyard may vote.
Norse Worship Days - All night talk threads become unlimited day talk threads.
Judeo-Christian Worship Days - A new focus item is added to the game (and may be picked up by anyone).
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4067 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Kinetic »

As for the "resistance" to becoming an SK:
Soulless have resistance 0
Mortals have resistance 1
Gods have resistance 2
Mafia get +1 resistance
Cult Leader has perfect resistance

If you get targeted by more than your resistance you gain the win condition: Serial Killer This replaces all Win Conditions EXCEPT Modified Cult.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4068 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Chronopie »

So if I'd targeted Katy the mafioso Egyptian, she would have become the SK egyptian? Cool.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4069 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:26 am

Post by DTMaster »

Here is my QT. I did better talking it out in night time rather then the day scum hunting.

http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/D6QDGKjdP4H8V
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4070 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Kinetic »

Chronopie wrote:So if I'd targeted Katy the mafioso Egyptian, she would have become the SK egyptian? Cool.
Mafia had +1 resistance, it would have taken two targets.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4071 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:34 am

Post by DTMaster »

Oh mai. Bruce Wayne Tar would have been amazing to watch!
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4072 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Kinetic »

Tar and MO's roles were linked pre-game. Whatever Tar chose, MO got the mirror of his role. Which is why I thought it QUITE funny when the two were linked via QT.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4073 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I still think Town 40%, mafia and cult both close to 30% at start. I'll read all of kinetics end game stuff to double check that math later. For the most part town play was phenominal so even with evening setup ideas i mentioned in the green room (uneven scum distribution and 3 god groups, and first zombie is present at game start to help avoid them getting exposed) things would have been rough

As i don't yet seem to see Beholder posting it
here is mine and ani's hydra QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/WGdZ35h99jnM
Here is the night 2 qt of me, nika, and plum
http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/PkR2GtWFWZfpv
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4074 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:49 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Nice job folks, I'm terribly sorry about going awol but my comp's cooling system went on the fritz and I didn't have consistent computer access till either school started or I got it back (which happened at about the same time oddly enough). I managed to get occasional access after it was too late so yeah...

I wish I could've just got a replacement since the role was very useful, but c'est la vie and town won anyway.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”