Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by Data »

Hello. My name is Data, and I am an android. I have created some programming within my positronic brain which I believe will allow me to interact and catch the anti-town players in this game of Mafia. Please note that I am not designed to be capable of human emotion, and therefore any attempt to arouse emotion from me will, unfortunately, be futile.

Vote: Tuberkulos

Greetings, stranger. I do not believe we have met. Would you be so kind as to inform us who your scumbuddies are?

((Hi. As I've said in my sig, this is a roleplaying alt. Data is a Star Trek - TNG character, in case you are not nerdy enough to know that already. I just thought I'd clarify that. If I feel the need to say something out-of-character, it will be within a set of double parentheses. I don't expect to do that much. Also, no, I'm not telling who my main is. Don't bother asking. But I have played in a game with... 7 of you. :twisted: ))
Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.

Not bothering to do the roleplaying thing anymore, for the most part. Too lazy.
Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:54 pm

Post by Data »

Despite what I believe to be expansive knowledge on human nature, I was not expecting that response. Well played, sir.

What is your reason for voting Alamaster?

Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Data »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Blood

My dear BloodCovenant, allow me to state the reasons this vote is elementary!

Aside from the reasons others have pointed out, I find his unvote in his first post to perhaps be indicative of an edited post in which more was initially said, and someone else was voted for. Why would a person unvote in their first post of the game otherwise? Who would most have motivation to edit out a real vote? Scum, of course, would have more of a motivation for this than would town.

Like the great Sherlock Holmes, I seek an answer to this mystery.

Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Data »

Switz wrote:Hello, all. Welcome to the dream, etc, etc.

Choosing between ooba and BC was a bit tricky, but misrepping beats a weird early Unvote and a modvote in my book.

Vote: ooba

And maybe I'm just obtuse, but I don't understand Data's point above about BC's post being an edited one. Why would scum be more likely than town to intend to (presumably random) vote someone, immediately unvote, and then vote the mod?
I am running under the assumption that scum are more preoccupied with how they present themselves to the town, and are thus more likely to have second thoughts about a vote. The oddly placed unvote is possible evidence of editing, and thus a point of intrigue.

Anon's case on Chrono runs along a similar train of thought, and I intend to migrate to the Chrono wagon if BC responds adequately to my assertions. I am not as convinced regarding Anon's guess that manho is town, however.

Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Data »

Ooba-

What about BloodCovenant has changed to make you remove your "serious vote" on him? Is Switz scummier than BC? Why?

Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Data »

ooba wrote:
Data wrote:Ooba-

What about BloodCovenant has changed to make you remove your "serious vote" on him? Is Switz scummier than BC? Why?
I find preemptive over-defensiveness to be a much better scumtell than BC's unvote.

Nothing about my claim or are you still processing that info? ;)
Ah. We disagree on aspects of theory, then. In the early portions of the game I believe the best course of action is to stay on a leading wagon until I am satisfied with the reaction of the person whose wagon I am on, or until another more powerful wagon has shown up (and is thus more likely to draw tells).

There is a human saying that I believe applies here: "The jury is still out on that one."

I see no reason to believe nor disbelieve your claim at this time. It is irrelevant except to any cop-type roles that might exist. We must judge your words and actions and decide if you are gambiting scum or not from them, just like we must make that decision regarding everyone else in the game.

Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by Data »

I find myself not particularly swayed from my BloodCovenant vote thus far.

@MOD: Prods on bv310, Iecerint, Seraphim, and Switz please. None of them have posted since the first.

There is scum in these lurkers. I am certain of it.

Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Data »

unvote

Vote: Manho

I was somewhat suspicious of manho to begin with, and then I saw his rather opportunistic vote on BC and I now calculate his scum likelihood percentage to be approximately 72%. As Alamaster has said, three days is plenty of time. Chrono is not the lynch for today if the meta defenses are true, and in any case it reads like a policy lynch more than anything in hindsight. If BC is not going to come back in and post, he is not the lynch today, either. I do not want to risk the Mafia lurking their way to victory, but a day one lurker wagon is a poor one from an information standpoint, so voting the first person to jump on a lurker wagon that seems like it is going somewhere in an opportunistic manner seems to be logical.

@Manho:
I require your opinions on all players. Now.

Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Data »

Iecerint wrote:My role PM doesn't list a canonical noun (e.g. Mark/Tourist), and it doesn't list a surrogate noun (e.g. businessman), either. It seems like the Mod used a mix of approaches to role PM format.
I am confirming this. My role PM has neither as well.

As for the claims and counterclaims, I am really not sure what to make of this right now. Seraphim ought to name claim, however.

I go on duty soon. I will be back before deadline.

Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Data »

Anon, are you taking the mod's statement to mean he is the architect? Who is to say he does not simply require sleep and meant what he said at face value?

Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Data »

Hello again, comrades. I am going to make an educated guess and run off the belief that there were scum on the Chrono wagon.

That means there is scum in [Seraph, bv310, BloodC, Iecerint, Ooba, Anon, Tuberk]. Undoubtedly there is scum more specifically in [Seraph, bv310], but I would not doubt a partner also jumping on the wagon. I somehow doubt that
both
of [bv310, Seraph] are scum, mostly because it would be colossally unintelligent to have two scumbuddies sacrifice themselves to lynch one townie. Unless, of course, mafia have the perverse goal of getting through as many levels as possible, or something of that ilk.

I am going to assume bv310 and Seraph are at the very least unlynchable for now, and I am not going to vote BloodC, Anon, ooba when, for now, I see no reason to disbelieve their claims.

That leaves Iecerint and Tuberk, and I have reason to believe voting Iecerint will result in more information gained at this moment.

Vote: Iecerint

Who is scum?

Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Data »

I will start with 5. The reason you cannot figure out what made me produce that particular order is that... there is no reason. I have in my possession an .ods file for keeping track of votes and I have moved player columns around based on what I have intuited their alignments to be, and for assistance in determining possible scum partners, et cetera. Other than that, there is no logical or orderly reason for players to be where they are at present.

4. Of course. But I was not voting you because I think you are scum, necessarily. I was voting you for a reaction, which I got.
Data, breadcrumbing actual intention wrote:I have reason to believe voting Iecerint will result in more information gained at this moment.
The rest of the post is fluff intended to make you believe I thought I was voting for the most likely scum and coerce you into actually producing content.

3 and 2. This is what I was looking for. ((Out of character for a moment -- not that I've been particularly good at being
in
character to begin with -- I've played with you in a couple games and noticed the level-headed and at least moderately useful Iecerint I have seen in other games missing from this one. With Tuberkulos, on the other hand, I have no meta knowledge to lean on whatsoever. And of the claimed, I think Ooba and Anon are probtown, and BloodC is... a VI at best and scum at worst, and I only have meta knowledge of one of them anyway.))

1. There could also be two scum teams if they are small. The mod has, after all, stated that the game is probably not balanced. Mal being SK does not fit, either. The motivation of Mal was to be with Cobb over anything else; if Cobb is in the game (which he almost certainly is), it makes no sense for her to have to kill him to win.

Happy scumday, ooba.

Unvote; Vote: BloodCovenant

Your vote on the moderator is not pro-town and I request that you cease voting him immediately. Who is scum, sir?

Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:15 pm

Post by Data »

Maybe Chrono and Seraph were both town, then. Two usurper-makers and two scumteams does not seem entirely out of the realm of possibility. Tony might pull such a thing on the players, would he not?

((You know who I am? In the sense that I'm an alt, or in the sense that you think you know my role? Or... both? O_O))

Data
Data
Townie
Data
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by Data »

Also, I fail to see how a series of names and numbers is in any way 'cute', sir.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”