Newbie 985 Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by Kalofer »

Fake I just gave you about 4 plausible, possible explanations if you would go back and re read my posts yet you continue to stick to the most expected and straightforward one. As if you had a plausible explanation to lynch Nik right? Please don't talk about plausibility, you lynched a lurker and now just because he's dead you think by some weird process of probability you want to call "extermination" you're gonna lynch me.
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Post by Kalofer »

Hey nashi, maybe I can request someone being modkilled for some God forsaken reason so you can finally get the guts to hammer me, that is if you want the blood of another townie on your hands.

Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

tvellalott (1): NashiNashi
Kalofer (2): FakeGod, Abe27342
NashiNashi (1): Kalofer

not voting: tvellalott
alive: 5 majority: 3
NashiNashi
NashiNashi
Townie
NashiNashi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:58 pm

Post by NashiNashi »

@Kalofer Pity that in order for that to work you shouldn't have told anyone that you are requesting modkill to get hammered.

I have stated my reason why I don't want to vote for Kalofer. Tvellalott, what's your reason?
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:39 am

Post by Kalofer »

You are still avoiding my question, why do I look scummier and scummier, you are not offering explanations, don't you see how you are looking scummier and scummier. At this rate no one is going to hammer me. Make up your minds already.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:27 am

Post by Kalofer »

Oh and by the way, other than the theories you have on me, have I actually been acting scummy? If so can you point instances where I have out?

Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am

Post by Abe27342 »

If Kalofer isn't scum, I'm thinking nashi is scum. Tvel hammered Nik when he could have just as easily hammered Fake. He was also not strongly leaning towards one or the other, and hammering your roleblocker is *almost* like saying "Lemme flip a coin. If it's heads, I lose! If it's tails, I have a chance" (I say almost, as it was possible mafia would hit a PR that night if we were in the PR setup) Nashi was the third on the wagon on Nik, which I believe scum might risk and hope that the townie wouldn't hammer their roleblocker though.
Kalofer, the fact that you insist on fighting death so damn much is scummy in of itself. We have a mislynch. I reiterate. We have a mislynch. We do not lose if you die and are townie.
Anyway, I believe Nashi to be scum if kalofer isn't.
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:32 am

Post by Kalofer »

Abe, why do we both have to go on repeating ourselves? I agree with you that it will be a mislynch, but why mislynch when you can try lynching the scum, if we mislynch today we cannot afford to do so tomorrow. As to my defending myself so damn much it is simply because I am different from Fake and actually do mind being lynched knowing that I am a townie because it will weaken town. I am not the type of person who will just take being attacked and attacked and finally lynched without defending myself and trying to prove that I'm not scum. What I don't understand is why no one has hammered me yet.

Though I agree with you right now that Nashi is acting very scummy. Apart from my theory on Fake, I so far have little scummy behaviour from him this day and I guess his scummy behaviour from yesterday is nullified by the lynching of scum. You I find as being town, you genuinely seem to scum hunt and seem pro town to me in general. Tvell I do not know, his hammer of Nik could be an attempt to gain town cred but his haphazard style of playing before that seems more town to me than a clever ploy to throw us off his track. Nashi however has been acting scummy today. He came in after so much time absent without any explanation whatsoever, he did not scum hunt at all and he suddenly says I'm scum and a newb again without any explanation whatsoever. He didn't stop saying how much he doesn't want to hammer me just because he thinks he'll be lynched tomorrow in a subtle attempt to tell us he's town. This whole game he has been playing in a modest manner for example, when I pointed out his math in Fake's 3 theories was wrong he didn't stop repeating how it doesn't matter as if trying to advocate lynching by probability would be scummy.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:53 am

Post by FakeGod »

NashiNashi wrote:I have stated my reason why I don't want to vote for Kalofer. Tvellalott, what's your reason?
You did?
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by tvellalott »

NashiNashi wrote:@Kalofer Pity that in order for that to work you shouldn't have told anyone that you are requesting modkill to get hammered.

I have stated my reason why I don't want to vote for Kalofer. Tvellalott, what's your reason?
Some like... I'VE BEEN SAYING I THINK HE IS TOWN THIS ENTIRE GAME.
I'm tired of this.

You're much scummier than Kalofer NashiNashi.
"All told, kindness is not fashionable."
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by tvellalott »

I've waited long enough. I'm not hammering Kalofer, he is clearly town. I'm sorry Fake, though I am strongly leaning towards town with you as well, I think you're tunnelled on him.

My reasons for voting for NashiNashi:
1) At this stage of the game lurking starts to look a bit scummier, but it isn't even that. In EM we call it "active lurking". You're around to post, but only when you really need to. You've hardly been involved in discussion. You obviously doesn't read back to catch up on what has been missed ("Should we all claim now?" Bah!) and you've been generally useless to scum-hunting. This alone would make my vote, but...
2) The OMGUS vote on me. Despite what you say Nashi, I think you voted for me because I voted for you first. OMGUS is scumtastic.

The next one is more of a theory, but nonetheless.
3) Not lynching Kalofer. Ok, I haven't lynched him either. Heres the difference: Since day one I've been getting town reads on Kalofer. Anyone who goes back and reads will see that. I've been outspoken about it. I was a bit more doubtful the last couple of pages, but I'm still pretty damn sure and I'm trusting my gut on that one. I think this is WIFOM to make yourself seem town.

So...
VOTE: NashiNashi
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

Kalofer (2): FakeGod, Abe27342
NashiNashi (2): Kalofer, tvellalott

not voting:
Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Abe27342 »

Fuck this, nobody's gonna hammer, so I will.
Unvote: Kalofer

Kal is just too good of a scum to believe if he is one, and I really want this day to get on as we're not getting anywhere. I said in my last post I believe one of Nashi and Kal to be scum, and I'd lynch either of them
Good luck town.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Excedrin »

NashiNashi, Townie, was lynched Day 3.

Vote Count

Kalofer (1): FakeGod
NashiNashi (3): Kalofer, tvellalott, Abe27342

not voting:

It's Night 3 until AD 2010-09-03 07:19 PM (Fri) Pacific Daylight Time
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Excedrin »

FakeNietzsche says, "FakeGod is dead." Also, he was a FakeTownie.

Vote Count

not voting: Abe27342, tvellalott, Kalofer
alive: 3 majority: 2
Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Abe27342 »

Well, sorry for hammering on nashi, but he looked pretty darn scummy (I think most of agreed yesterday).
Anyway, I played a game of EM just like the 5way ML situation we had. I can see where kal is coming from; Even though it's a ML, you don't want to die when nobody has a good solid reason to believe you're scum.
Kal, if you're scum, you're one hell of a good player.

Also, as another good player said in a game where I was terribly outmatched skillwise, "It's not the read on one player, it's the read on both of them."
VOTE: tvellalot
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by FakeGod »

I'm angry. :evil:

BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by tvellalott »

Abe27342 wrote:Well, sorry for hammering on nashi, but he looked pretty darn scummy (I think most of agreed yesterday).
Anyway, I played a game of EM just like the 5way ML situation we had. I can see where kal is coming from; Even though it's a ML, you don't want to die when nobody has a good solid reason to believe you're scum.
Kal, if you're scum, you're one hell of a good player.

Also, as another good player said in a game where I was terribly outmatched skillwise, "It's not the read on one player, it's the read on both of them."
VOTE: tvellalot
That was a quick vote, especially with a cryptic message like that. Hoping for a quick end to this game?
It isn't my fault that Nashi turned out to be town. Clearly you agreed, since you hammered.
At this point, it's clear you're probably the mafia Abe. I'd like to hear what Kalofer has to say.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:08 am

Post by Kalofer »

I just have to say that that was one bad move hammering nashi before he had the chance to say anything, at this point with our new found knowledge of player roles, I think it would be better if we all re - read the thread and formulate opinions on which one of us is scummiest. Now if I was the scum, with Abe having already voted for tvell, I would have voted tvell and secured myself a quick victory (I'm just saying I hope that clears me out).

Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Abe27342 »

tvell, I had little doubt kalofer was town before that post. Now I have no doubt. Kal is clear at this point, as if he were scum he would have hammered you. Also, weren't you the one saying you were sick of things going on forever a few days ago and you really didn't care about this game at that point? Do you care now and want to win? Sure, you may have reacted strongly once to being FoSed, but kalofer made a huge hissyfit that looked 99% town.

I don't think any of us are surprised that Fake died btw. If you want to reread and make accusations, I'll be happy to defend them and offer up some against tvell.
Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:41 am

Post by Abe27342 »

OK: Here comes lots of quotes XD
tvellalott wrote:
UNVOTE

VOTE Kalofer
- You're very scummy my friend. I smell a rat!

FoS still on DavidParker
tvellalott wrote:
UNVOTE

Actually, 3 votes is enough.

FoS on Kalofer & DavidParker
Posts 192 and 193. Fake pointed this out on the next page. Inconsistencies/no real reason for any FoSes

Tvell's entire analysis on post 268 is also based purely on voting, which although makes his post look indepth, it's really just a semi-short analysis. In it, he says
tvellalot wrote:Nikanor - Might be townie: I'm not sure about you. You're active in discussion and voting, but you're also on the Kalofer bandwagon... I'm watching you.
Scum tends to not give a stance on their scumbuddies I believe (at least so early in the game).

Moving on, (Also, feel free to quote me tvell, I'd like to defend myself as I'm sure you would also!)

Posts 273-277, tvell has a discussion with Nik about how to bus somebody, then tvell jokingly sticks up the finger of rudeness at nik. At the time, this seemed normal, but I dunno, it could be a bit too playful?

Oh, as a side note, I think nik hardly acknowledged me all game. If someone could quote a post of him saying anything about me, that'd be great ^^
tvellalott wrote:Two OMGUS votes? LMAO! I knew you two were scummy.
Zach: I've already explained twice how there is clearly a difference between "jumping on the bandwagon" and voting for someone because you think they're scummy. I explained why I voted for you. If I said it was because a magic 8-ball told me to (sorry Parker :P) then that would be one thing, but I find both your voting pattern and your conduct up to now scummy.
FakeGod: You're voting for me because you think I'm "jumping from wagon to wagon?"... Are you following this game? My first two votes were completely random. My third vote I immediately retracted because Kalofer has enough pressure for such little evidence.

I'm pretty sure you two are the scum pair.
This is after tvell votes zach for being third on the bandwagon. coincidentally, tvell was third on the bandwagon. IMO, you can conclude very very little from a list of everybody's voting records.
tvellalott wrote:NashiNashi: I've been very clear about my game plan up until now. The first 10-11 pages I was just throwing votes and FoSs in every direction, just to see who would take the bait. I then layed my analysis of the game on page 12 and clearly explained why I was voting for Zachrulez. I find his very quick OMGUS vote even more suspicious.
Don't vote for me, because there simply isn't a good reason to. Vote for whoever
you
think is most suspicious.
The main thing I see here, is the last line. "Don't vote for me, because there simply isn't a good reason to." There's nearly always a good reason to vote for someone.
tvellalott wrote:Whoa!
I'm sorry if my wishy washy behaviour is seen as scummy. I don't think it's fair to lynch me because I was throwing around FoS and votes. Isn't that the whole idea of the game? Calling people scum clearly doesn't mean anything if you have no evidence, which i've openly admitted I don't. I think you're taking a lot of what I've said out of context and it's probably going to get me lynched now, but I'll remember for next time. If you want to win this game, be a loser and fly under the radar. Don't call anyone scum. Don't switch your votes around. Don't come up with ridiculous theories in an effort to get the game going. You all suck.
How do I build up a case to defend myself when there's nothing to defend?
GTFO.
If you want to win this game, fly under the radar. This is day 1, where town has 2 mislynches. Tvell still had a high chance of winning as town. As scum, not so much.
tvellalott wrote:FakeGod, Zachrulez, Kalofer and anyone else who votes for me because of these two reasons:
-I said being third on the bandwagon is scummy and then I voted for Zachrulez third.
-I'm jumping from wagon to wagon.

You are morons.

UNVOTE
VOTE Abe27342
He votes me. I was third on the wagon--I still believe being third on the wagon is absolute BS.
tvellalott wrote:Ooooo... Look at that! Another suspicious play from tvellalott. "LYNCH 'IM QUICK Y'ALL! HE'S A WITCH!"

But get this:
My reason for voting for Zachrulez was that he hasn't been the first person to vote for anyone. It wasn't a very strong point. He's broke that cycle. For now, 'nuff said.
Abe27342 comes out of nowhere and calls ME suspicious? ME? GTFO. I better not say you're scummy though, because that's a scumtell apparently.
When tvell gets pressure, he gets pissed apparently.. Kalofer's reaction was a TON different. Btw kal, if you still find me suspicious for my early vote on tvell, it's because I wanted to clear you. I was almost positive you were town, and if you were scum, hell you deserved the win anyway.
tvellalott wrote:Since I don't have much to go on..
VOTE: NashiNashi for dropping the hammer on a townie.
You had the entire d1 to go on..

I bring to your attention post 485 and tvell's followup post 486. By saying theory 1 is more probable, he implies that he is less likely to be scum.

510 and 511:
tvellalott wrote:Obviously the games on this forum (at least this one) are a lot more serious than the other forum I'm playing on. I've finished at least 3 mafias in the time this one has been going, so I suppose my impatience is probably making me look scummy.
Regardless.... UNVOTE: FakeGod

I'm returning to the position I had at the end of the last day phase. I don't particularly care if you pack of fence-sitting chickens think that me changing vote after vote is scummy. It isn't. The only way to apply the pressure is to put your vote on someone, isn't it? So when someone comes out with a good long theory and it sounds good, hell yeah I'm going to vote, especially if they're too pussy to vote themselves. This is ridiculous. It's like a bit circle-jerk here and I'm standing in the middle, just like Parker was last round.
Like FakeGod, I don't really care if I get lynched. Not only will it prove how stupid certain doubters are, but I want to get a game under my belt so I can go and play bigger theme games.

You all need to wake up and look at who is trying to not get voted for, flying easily under the radar, instead of who is throwing off BS 'scum-tells' which mean nothing.

VOTE: Abe27342 for continuing to lurk. If I was mafia, I'd be lurking, waiting patiently while the townies fought it out amongst themselves. If you had enough time to come and tell us you were going away, you should have thrown down a vote or a theory or something. Zachrulez did.
tvellalott wrote:Oh crap, Abe27342 was really active on the last page >_<
I feel stupid now. I should have checked before I wrote that LMAO!
Inconsistencies, along with implying he isn't scum subtlety
tvellalott wrote:
Zachrulez wrote: What I'm more interested in is why Tvel picked Abe over Nikanor. He really hasn't said that much about Nikanor, but he's in a pretty similar position to Abe with his overall activity level at this point.
This is simply not true. Nikanor was a hell of a lot more active than Abe DP1 and because of that I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for his lack of activity the last couple of pages...
Defending nik and attacking me. Note that tvell's vote is on me over nik this whole time right up until the end of d2 where he hammers nik.
tvellalott wrote:Having played so many games with roles and storylines, at this point I just don't care about this game.
Having said that, I am going to tell you all why you think I'm scummy: because my playstyle stands out.
I've looked at this game subjectively and I can see why I'm apparently "legitimately scummy".
HOWEVER
I've been playing a SHITLOAD of epicmafia lately and my scum-hunting skills have massively improved VERY quickly.

So, here it is, in order of scumminess...

tvellalott
: Me. I have encouraged voting, applied liberal and even pressure to most played, discouraged lynching DavidParker and have listened to other peoples theories.
Zachrulez
: Well, I clashed with Zach a bit earlier in the game and I don't think he has gotten over that. I see him as pro-town.
FakeGod
: I have FoS'ed the crap out of FakeGod and he has taken his lynch off me and started applying it to lurkers. I've learnt that lurkers =/= scum. I don't know... Probably town.
Kalofer
: Classic newb sheep, which doesn't really indicated anything. Fence-sitter and generally useless. Having said that, I still think he is reasonably pro-town. I'm trusting my gut on this one. :/
Nikanor
: Again, I just don't know. Was very pro-town first day, but lead the lynch on DavidParker and has been reasonably quiet so far today, even when pressure started to be applied. Understandably, he has life issues going on. Maybe scum, maybe town. We need a big, chunky post from you Nik and soon.
Abe27342
: My most last FOS still stands. I think you're flying under the radar and being generally useless. Probably scum.
NashiNashi
: Based on my recent experience, newb, unroled mafia tend to play exactly like you are. Flying low under the radar and when it comes to the crunch, they always seem to be lynching townies. You hammered Parker, which isn't a DEFINATE scum-tell and now you're on another bandwagon.

UNVOTE: Abe27342
Tvell says he is the least scummy in the game. This is an interesting post. He still has yet to decide about nikanor--he doesn't want to commit to a vote as scum to bussing. He waits until he sees the hammer is inevitable, and finally thinks he might as well do it himself to earn town creds.

I suppose that's enough for now--sorry for basically spamming the thread with all of tvells posts, but hey, you wanted my thoughts. I'll look at day3 in a while, although I mainly just remember kal freaking out :)
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

tvellalott (1): Abe27342

not voting: tvellalott, Kalofer
alive: 3 majority: 2
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:57 am

Post by tvellalott »

Well it seems clear that Abe is going to try and get Kalofer to lynch me, rather than me to lynch Kalofer. So I suppose we cross votes and hope he hammers the right person.
All I ask Kalofer is you don't hammer me until I've had an opportunity to write my argument. I'm sure you can see for yourself a lot of flaws in Abes argument.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by Kalofer »

If I make the wrong decision, I will forever hold down my head in shame if ever I see any of you again.

Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Abe27342 »

Tvell, of course I am. You can put your vote on kalofer if you'd like, but he's cleared.

Kal, it's not that big of deal if you hammer wrong, it's just one game on the newbie forum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”