Mini 245 - Stick Figures Mafia - Game Over!

Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:45 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Re-reading the thread, I'm actually quite happy with my vote on Narninian. Good chance he's scum, and if he's not, we're losing a townie day one. I can live with that - clearly preferable over exposing a cop or doc with a next bandwagon. Vote stays.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:25 am

Post by Changling bob »

What Tyfo said. I'm quite conservative with votes; when I do vote, I like to be sure.

I also like to give people a chance to defend themselves first.
I guess this should change now ¬_¬
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:03 am

Post by BabyJesus »

unvote, vote narninian
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:53 am

Post by Narninian »

mathcam wrote:"bar" as in "except"

Though I understand Narn's plight, his last post contained nothing. I'm content with my vote.

Cam
I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to be doing here. Nobody pointed out anything that I've done scummy, apart from apparently having my posts contain nothing. The only scummy behavior I see is people continuing to stay on my random bandwagon, and they are way too many people doing that to point that out as 'evidence' of other scum.

I also would like to point that babyjesus certainly can not make up his mind, and seemingly without reason. I can understand his first goal is to start a bandwagon without a good reason on day 1, cuz in his mind he believes the first one *cant* have a reason, but after I claimed he unvoted me ---- waited and saw that my bandwagon still had support, and then revoted me -- Don't you find that suspicious?

Unvote

Vote: Babyjesus

FOS: Mathcam, Dragon Phoenix for being non-chalant about lynching a townie day 1
The extra in is for /in
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:24 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Narninian wrote: I also would like to point that babyjesus certainly can not make up his mind, and seemingly without reason. I can understand his first goal is to start a bandwagon without a good reason on day 1, cuz in his mind he believes the first one *cant* have a reason, but after I claimed he unvoted me ---- waited and saw that my bandwagon still had support, and then revoted me -- Don't you find that suspicious?
a) I'd rather lynch you then out the doc or cop
b) You admitted you do not have a power role...anyone else I could vote has not. Therefor you have a greater percentage chance of being scum then anyone else. There is alos very little risk in the lynch as it does nopt out the doc or cop, or another role we may want to keep hidden.
Karo
Karo
Townie
Karo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:27 pm

Post by Karo »

This is quite puzzling if you ask me and the more happens the less I understand. Things that stroke me as odd:

BabyJesus unvoting Narnian, then voting mathcam, quoting a paragraph by him which is hardly related to the game
, then voting Narnian again later on.
If you don't give reasons for your actions how are we supposed to understand them?

Shelper hops on the 'wagon. Stating that "
this is about as good a scenario as day 1 can get, bar scum accidentally revealing themselves
". I too find this suspicious, mind you,
but
: Wasn't that the reasoning of everyone else as well who thought it was a good idea to start the 'wagon in the first place?
Curiously the same people who voted for Narnian now turn on Shelper, namely Tyfo FOSing him in
, and Bacde who is voting him in
(even though he gave an explanation why bandwagons like these are a good thing in
). All this happens after Changling Bob FOSed him (
).
My head hurts, where is my medicine? :?
bdonlan
bdonlan
Townie
bdonlan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:31 pm

Post by bdonlan »

BJ's jumping off narninian seems a bit odd - townie claim does not decrease the chance someone is scum. Unless he found someone else to be scummier, why change his vote? I'd like to hear why you're voting mathcam now, BJ.

unvote, vote BabyJesus
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:32 pm

Post by Changling bob »

BabyJesus wrote:b) You admitted you do not have a power role...anyone else I could vote has not. Therefor you have a greater percentage chance of being scum then anyone else. There is alos very little risk in the lynch as it does nopt out the doc or cop, or another role we may want to keep hidden.
This makes no sense and in any case is WIFOM. If scum, why claim plain townie when you can claim doc or cop and have even less chance of getting lynched?
I guess this should change now ¬_¬
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:34 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Changling bob wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:b) You admitted you do not have a power role...anyone else I could vote has not. Therefor you have a greater percentage chance of being scum then anyone else. There is alos very little risk in the lynch as it does nopt out the doc or cop, or another role we may want to keep hidden.
This makes no sense and in any case is WIFOM. If scum, why claim plain townie when you can claim doc or cop and have even less chance of getting lynched?
doc or cop is a sure death sentence when the real doc or cop comes out....I could see a doc claim to try and get the doc to out himself. But you think scum never claim townie? please.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:36 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

bdonlan wrote:BJ's jumping off narninian seems a bit odd - townie claim does not decrease the chance someone is scum. Unless he found someone else to be scummier, why change his vote? I'd like to hear why you're voting mathcam now, BJ.

unvote, vote BabyJesus
Do you even read what I quoted when I voted? The mathcam vote was clearly a vote directed at mathcam not liking the tea and crimpets comments.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:45 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Karo
Karo
Townie
Karo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:48 pm

Post by Karo »

Karo wrote:If you don't give reasons for your actions how are we supposed to understand them?
Well, that part has been answered with
, which I couldn't read while typing my last posting. Besides, I'd like my Finger pointing at someone else now. But before I do that I would like to hear from Bacde, how his posts...
Bacde wrote:
Although I do prefer a bandwagon with reason behind it than a random bandwagon, they are pretty much a required part of a Day 1.
Bacde wrote:
Either way, this bandwagon feels like a good bandwagon to me.
and...
Bacde wrote:
I don't think Narn purposely rolled the Day 1 bandwagon at himself with the wrong account spiel, and there is no reason to continue a random bandwagon, simply because there is no viable way to say that it is a good bandwagon, or for the person being attacked to defend themselves.
... go together. Especially since he used the last one to vote Shelper.
That's it for now.
bdonlan
bdonlan
Townie
bdonlan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:11 pm

Post by bdonlan »

BabyJesus wrote:
bdonlan wrote:BJ's jumping off narninian seems a bit odd - townie claim does not decrease the chance someone is scum. Unless he found someone else to be scummier, why change his vote? I'd like to hear why you're voting mathcam now, BJ.

unvote, vote BabyJesus
Do you even read what I quoted when I voted? The mathcam vote was clearly a vote directed at mathcam not liking the tea and crimpets comments.
Oops, read a bit fast there, missed the quote. That said, it does seem a rather arbitrary reason to switch away. Narn has testified he is a plain townie, and you switch to an unknown. The chances of hitting scum are the same, but the chances of hitting a power role are greatly increased. At this stage in the game we should be beyond random voting, don't you think? Changing your vote for such an arbitrary reason at this point seems counterproductive to me.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

bdonlan wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:

unvote, vote BabyJesus
Oops, read a bit fast there, missed the quote. That said, it does seem a rather arbitrary reason to switch away. Narn has testified he is a plain townie, and you switch to an unknown. The chances of hitting scum are the same, but the chances of hitting a power role are greatly increased. At this stage in the game we should be beyond random voting, don't you think? Changing your vote for such an arbitrary reason at this point seems counterproductive to me.
Did you also skip over the fact that I didn't leave the vote off for long?
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:44 pm

Post by Narninian »

BabyJesus wrote:
bdonlan wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:

unvote, vote BabyJesus
But, perhaps coincedentally, you kept it off just long enouogh to find out there was still support for my bandwagon.
The extra in is for /in
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:49 pm

Post by Bacde »

Karo wrote:Complain Complain, Blah blah
I am a human being. My opinion changes over time based on what is going on around me. As you can clearly see by the discussion, I hopped off the bandwagon as soon as the purpose changed from gaining information, to becoming a lynch bandwagon. I'll admit right now that it is in my self-interest to give basic townies a chance to not be lynched. And Narn doesn't seem particularily scummy to me.

I do think that the OMGUS bandwagon on BabyJesus is odd, however. I really don't find what he is doing scummy either.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:23 pm

Post by Narninian »

Bacde wrote: I do think that the OMGUS bandwagon on BabyJesus is odd, however. I really don't find what he is doing scummy either.
The events as I see it..

I mistaken post as bruno: Good enough a reason for the first 'random' bandwagon against me. Having nothing to respond to, I question the bandwagon and it continues because I have no good response to it. I am eventually pushed to claim, because noone feels like looking for a non-random bandwagon ---

I claim townie.
Immediatly BJ removes his votes for me. Citing a silly reason to vote for Mathcam instead.

Dragon and Phoenix and Mathcam express that they are glad they are voting for me since I'm either scum (because I didnt reponsd to the bandwagon against me... which I'm still looking for the reasoning behind) or Im 'just' a townie.

B.J. revotes me.

It's not simply an OMGUS bandwagon. The Sequence makes it look like BJ decided to revote me when it looked like there was still suppport on my bandwagon. His unvoting earlier may have been for a silly reason, but it gave him an out if he decided to pursue somebody else later.
The extra in is for /in
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:49 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Narninian wrote:
Bacde wrote: I do think that the OMGUS bandwagon on BabyJesus is odd, however. I really don't find what he is doing scummy either.
The events as I see it..

I mistaken post as bruno: Good enough a reason for the first 'random' bandwagon against me. Having nothing to respond to, I question the bandwagon and it continues because I have no good response to it. I am eventually pushed to claim, because noone feels like looking for a non-random bandwagon ---

I claim townie.
Immediatly BJ removes his votes for me. Citing a silly reason to vote for Mathcam instead.

Dragon and Phoenix and Mathcam express that they are glad they are voting for me since I'm either scum (because I didnt reponsd to the bandwagon against me... which I'm still looking for the reasoning behind) or Im 'just' a townie.

B.J. revotes me.

It's not simply an OMGUS bandwagon. The Sequence makes it look like BJ decided to revote me when it looked like there was still suppport on my bandwagon. His unvoting earlier may have been for a silly reason, but it gave him an out if he decided to pursue somebody else later.
except for the fact I ALWAYS support lynching a claimed townie day one. Its a low risk, high reward venture. Nice try though.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:39 pm

Post by Narninian »

It also makes it so you dont have to adjust your stategy if playing as mafia. Its to your advantage to get a townie lynched, if mafia. It prevents a fellow mafia member from being run up, and having to do a false claim, or exposing partners trying to defend them.

You honestly think a random day 1 bandwagon, leading to a townie claim, and then lynch of that person is the best idea? I've never been in a mini where the Day 1 bandwagon was 'random' there is usually *Some* reason, and often they are not forced to claim if they succesfully defend the reason. I had no such option, and if I was a power role, that would be detrimental.
The extra in is for /in
bdonlan
bdonlan
Townie
bdonlan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:09 pm

Post by bdonlan »

BabyJesus wrote:
bdonlan wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:

unvote, vote BabyJesus
:oops: I really shouldn't post here when I'm this tired...
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:09 pm

Post by Bacde »

bdonlan wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:
bdonlan wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:
bdonlan wrote:Quote Block
FoS: bdonlan
Purely defensive play = scummy play.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:19 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

i must say i like my vote on mlaker. he had to be prodded, and when he did post it was only 10 words and totally un-game-related. plus, it's been another 48 hours since he posted. granted, it's the weekend, but i really don't like lurkers!
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:37 pm

Post by Tyfo »

Give people a chance in the weekends.

And gah, so much input ... I'm beginning to get confused too.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:53 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Narninian wrote:It also makes it so you dont have to adjust your stategy if playing as mafia. Its to your advantage to get a townie lynched, if mafia. It prevents a fellow mafia member from being run up, and having to do a false claim, or exposing partners trying to defend them.
If I am mafia, my biggest hope is that the town keeps switching bandwagons after claims, eventually exposing doctor and cop. Hell, if that leads to the loss of one mafia member at the end of day one by a lynch, it is still a good trade.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:21 am

Post by Narninian »

thats probably a good reason to only bandwagon with.... *reasons*...
The extra in is for /in

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”