UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:34 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Well I wouldn't expect you to admit it's a trap, nor do I think you Mr. Gambit. I merely think it'd be a kinda clever sort of thing to do and a possible thing to keep in mind should Death come out later.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Ythill wrote:I am not DGB. I play the game at face value. It is rare, indeed, for me to engage in a gambit or trap. For some reason, everyone thinks I do it all the time these days. I claimed PGO as JK in one goddamn game and now I'm Mr. Gambit. So... this is not a gambit or a trap. If it was (it's not) I wouldn't admit that it was anyway (it's really not) so you should stop arguing about the chance that it's a trap (because, you know, it's not).
The person who played the Death card is town
so long as I am town (and I am), so just remember that after I get NKed.
You, Mr. Gambit? Since when?

The dark red text is noteworthy as a likely mod edit; specifically, I can clear who played it too. I'd like Ythill to keep going, though, and if he fails, I'll play the card I've been talking about.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:19 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Ythill wrote:Let me rephrase my point. DTM threatens to investigate me. I tell him to bring it on. Then you're all,
OMG, Yth is leading the cop to a sub-optimal target
. Frankly, it looks like you're twisting my meaning and I don't like it.
I think you've got it exactly. DTM put you on his "I'd investigate you" list. You said "go for it". I can see that as encouraging bad play, which I think can be scummy, therefore I'm questioning you about it. I'm not sure where the meaning-twisting is there.
Ythill wrote:I mean, why don't you have a problem with DTM leading the cop card(s)?
He made a reasonable case for putting you on his "to investigate" list, and (barring the two of you being scumbuddies) doesn't know whether or not you're a sub-optimal target. Why would I have a problem with it?

----
DTMaster wrote:
dramonic wrote:
Today's Card: The Queen of Pentacles
dramonic wrote:
Today's Card has been changed to: Death
Not really if Dram announces what cards are played in the day. If 2 cards are played both the Queen of Pentacles and Death were played.
Was this the response to my question?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Ythill »

UK wrote:Well I wouldn't expect you to admit it's a trap, nor do I think you Mr. Gambit. I merely think it'd be a kinda clever sort of thing to do and a possible thing to keep in mind should Death come out later.
Thanks for claiming scum.
SC wrote:The dark red text is noteworthy as a likely mod edit
Nope. Mod edits are bolded brown. I'll start using a different emphasis color, I suppose. And here's a rhyme for you: think real hard, don't play the card.
Mac wrote:I think you've got it exactly. DTM put you on his "I'd investigate you" list. You said "go for it". I can see that as encouraging bad play, which I think can be scummy, therefore I'm questioning you about it. I'm not sure where the meaning-twisting is there.
The twist is you making it more serious than it was. Whereas he was actually suggesting that investigations go a certain way, I was merely shooting him a :P for it. What were my other possible responses? Instruct him not to investigate me? Ignore him? I'm assuming you'd paint those things as scummy as well. So what you're saying here is that DTM making that statement means I'm scum, which is ridiculous.

I am happy that we found the entire scumteam. Switz, Mac, and UK might as well mark this one down as a loss. Yay.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

You're a confident player, Ythill.

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Kise »

@Mac Lock: Null/Nothing-tell. When players debate in mafia discussion, they shouldn't have anything to gain by lying. What I implied with my comment is that your stance on usage of investigators reminds me of something more fitting for MD, therefore there's no definitive way to assess your post and determine a town or scum motive.

Yeah, BBL - only on my break.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:23 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Ythill wrote:The twist is you making it more serious than it was. Whereas he was actually suggesting that investigations go a certain way, I was merely shooting him a :P for it.
OK, that's fine. You're saying that your response to DTM was not meant to be taken seriously. I don't think we need to go any deeper than that on the issue.
Ythill wrote:What were my other possible responses? Instruct him not to investigate me? Ignore him? I'm assuming you'd paint those things as scummy as well. So what you're saying here is that DTM making that statement means I'm scum, which is ridiculous.
Actually, no, neither of those things strike me as particularly more scummy than what you did, but there are also other responses you could have made. Defending against the case in an effort to move yourself of the "investigate list" without direct instruction, for example. Also, I dislike that you're detailing what "I would have done". Don't presume.

Just FYI, Yth, while you are in my top half of my scum list right now, you're not in my top 3. Please note the difference between questioning and accusing.

----

Preview edit: Kise, thank you for clarifying.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Ythill »

@SC:
Me? Confident? :D

@Mac:
Just FYI, the difference between questioning and accusing is seriously blurred in the loaded question you posted. "If you're town, shouldn't you want investigations to go toward scum rather than get wasted on a townie?"
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:40 am

No prob Ythill. Except i'm not, but hey, what can ya do.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:53 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Ythill wrote:
@Mac:
Just FYI, the difference between questioning and accusing is seriously blurred in the loaded question you posted. "If you're town, shouldn't you want investigations to go toward scum rather than get wasted on a townie?"
How so? I'm going to gauge your response, and answering "No, and here's why: X, Y, Z" is a legitimate response. I probably won't agree with that response, but that response will hopefully help me decide whether what you did was scummy or it's a play-style thing.

And if that's a loaded question, than so is every other question ever asked. Just phrase everything as "If you're town, shouldn't you not blah blah blah instead of blah blah blah-ing like you did?" and you're all set.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Ythill »

@UK:
Well, how am I suppose to take your statement then? To me, it sounded like:
I don't think Yth is being tricky so the person who played Death is town but I thought up an argument I can use to lynch him anyway.

@Mac:
You're losing credibility. There were many ways you could have worded that question for information gathering. It was your decision to make it sound like an accusation. Which is fine, because there's nothing wrong with suspecting people. What I have a problem with is you backtracking and explicitly saying that it wasn't meant to be an accusation. And, now, building a strawman about how all questions are as loaded as that one.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:48 am

@Ythill: Pay attention to earlier posts maybe? It is pretty apparent now that Death is town. You've staked too much on it. But when I brought it up the stake wasn't quite as high. You've reaffirmed it in such a way that Death has to be town then (unless you are scum).
That statement was supposed to cover my views when I brought it up, not my current views.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:06 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Yth, find me one post wherein I accuse you of being scum, and I'll give you a cookie (and you can accuse me of backtracking).
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Switz »

Okay, since apparently my defenses aren't good enough for any of you, I'm prepared to play the last card I have, which, incidentally, consists of my cards. It looks like I'm going to end up dead soon anyways, so I may as well try to be helpful to the town while I still can.

My cards are the Emperor and the Hierophant. Both have blocking abilities, which I will fullclaim if you (the town as a whole) think I should. I'm sure Ythill, at least, will have some guesses, regardless of his alignment, but I'd prefer to keep scum in the dark so they don't just evade my blocks and go about their business.

Since I don't know if my cards will still have power in Twilight, I figure it makes more sense for you to direct me while I'm still alive--or, better yet, lynch actual scum toDay so we don't have to worry about it.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'd try to hit scum with those, Switz. Jarti's good, as could be MacavityLock.

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Really, SC? You're not even going to
consider
the possibility that's he's a mafia roleblocker?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Really, ML? You're going to suggest that it is in my best interests to help scum?

Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Jarti »

StrangerCoug wrote:I'd try to hit scum with those, Switz. Jarti's good, as could be MacavityLock.
Lol at suggesting on using them on the guy who claimed no cards. :igmeou: :roll:
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Who knows? Maybe you lied and
DO
have a card.

Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by Switz »

Or worse yet, maybe you told the truth and you're a cardless Serial Killer.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:36 pm

Post by Ythill »

Mac:
I already did. Make my cookie penut-butter chocolate chip, please.

Switz:
Damnit, I don't want the Emperor played today, like I already said. It probably will not matter anyway, because it will not go into affect until night and, with you being dead, it may not have any effect at all. I'm wondering if I should change my plans and keep you alive to play it...
Mac wrote:You're not even going to
consider
the possibility that's he's a mafia roleblocker?
I might as well answer this too. In the case of the Emperor, it doesn't matter what Switz's alignment is and him using it as directed is entirely verifiable (by me) overnight.

Yes, that's me having more privelaged information. I bet you're all wondering what my role is, huh?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:31 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Ythill wrote:I bet you're all wondering what my role is, huh?
I must admit that you make me curious about it, but I'm going to shut up about it. You're not at the top of my town list, but you're not at the top of my scum list either.

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I'm making my draft but I have to post this while I'm finishing my wall of responses.

Holy crap, my scumdar just went off.
YTHILL WHAT THE CRAP DUDE
If you can role confirm Switz, as town we can direct Switz. If Switz is scum, we have him on a leash. If Switz is town we still have him on the leash and he'll listen to us. If Switz is scum and doesn't follow the town, you catch him. You pushing the Switz lynch as of now rings my scumdar.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Switz is not the correct lynch today due to the checks and balances that Ythill just claimed. Likewise, Switz becomes a counter balance to Ythill if Switz is town. Anyone who disagrees better have a good reason for it otherwise they are ridiculously scummy.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Ythill »

DTM wrote:You pushing the Switz lynch as of now rings my scumdar.
WTF? I stopped pushing it as soon as he claimed his cards. Note that I can only confirm the Emperor card. And I'm still not sure leashing him is a good idea. The Emperor has a decent chance of hurting the town no matter how he plays it and, if we set ourselves up against it, it will have no benefit. I know that probably doesn't make sense ATM, but to explain in detail would be anti-town. (BTW, some of this is speculation on my part, but it is based on solid facts.)

Anyway...
I'm in the process of moving. Time and internet access will be limited for 3-5 days. I'll try to check in at least once every day or so, but please consider me V/LA until Friday.

UNVOTE: Switz
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”