Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@DTMaster, you should confirm that. According to the reports from the JCA gods they don't have a choice. When they are worshiped they have to use their oversoul ability. If you've got a choice then I'd rather have you protect Mina tonight than redirect when you get right down to it.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Iecerint »

@ MO -- Eh? What makes me special?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I'm asking it but you can verify why it doesn't appear to be a set action like The XLaws when you are in possession of Kathy's item.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Mina »

When this game is over, I'm going to lock Zorblag and DTMaster in a room together with a bottle of wine, a box of chocolates, and prophylactics. :P

Lottery: Spear

Now I've guaranteed that the item isn't wasted on me.

Sorry for not getting back to you before, Mighty Orbots. I think the plan is a great one. In hindsight, I should've asked for your input in the QT. Unfortunately, many of the scummier-looking players in this game also have useful abilities.

I'll use my judgment on whom I select, but should I also choose someone like Nikanor to confirm that all my block went through?

ooba, you didn't focus last night?

Fate, no fair! I want some credit for catching the cult, too! Catching the tracking contradiction was the only useful thing I've done this game. Someone hail me! :(

Katy, you know, if you're town, then you have more information than any other town-aligned players in the game. You know that the last Mafia is someone other than the obvious choice. So unlike the rest of us tunnel-visioned sheep, your perspective should be clear. Instead of begging us not to lynch you, why don't you work hard to share your reads so that we root out the last evildoer after your death...

...or, you know, you could just confess now and end this game before it reaches two hundred pages.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I think the troll prefers Sudo_Nym but that's off topic :p (J/K, though the aftermath picture was funny to see)
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Albatross »

Lottery: gloves

Vote: Katy
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Fate »

HAIL MINA
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I can't use my action tonight Mina, so don't block me!
That action is scummily powerful though so meh. I wouldn't be that surprised if Mina was scum with a massclaim punisher.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Mina »

Thank you, Fate.

Nikanor, why can't you use your action tonight?

If I was scum, I could have daykilled SpyreX, Tarhalindur, DTMaster, or Mighty Orbots from Day One onward because of their names. I can't help being unfairly broken! I was made this way! :(

I suppose the limiting factor was that zombification changes names? And maybe some scum players have tricky names (for example, Faraday being Harry
Blackstone Copperfield
Dresden and Percy being
Organically Modified Etc.
instead of Odin). And it only works if I survive long enough to make it to massclaim? Also, all four names have to be correct. But I agree that my first reaction to seeing my role PM was WTF (particularly since I didn't realize I was limited to one action per day, and I thought the gods must be even
more
powerful).

But either way, I have reason to believe that I'm not the only person with a use for role names.

No one else vote Katy until we finish the lottery and I settle on my actions.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Mina: I still hate you even if you were made that way. It's just the way it was meant to be!
Also I can't use my action because I didn't get over 20% worship in GOO.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Well I don't
hate
you but y'know.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Iecerint, you should be protected by VasudeVa's focus tonight (in addition to having some chance of being protected in whatever other way your ability works.) You're a good target for someone to redirect to for those reasons. If you had something else in mind you'll have to clarify. Also, you should guess a lottery item next time you post.

@DTMaster, I don't know if you've tried asking Beholder many questions about abilities that others might or might not have but it doesn't do much in terms of helping gain information about them. As I'm not bound to the item I have I likely don't have access to that information firsthand. You on the other hand should be able to get a straight answer.

@Mina, Nikanor can't use his ability if the GOO worship drops below 20%. As we ended up with 0% last night he should be vanilla for the day. Don't worry about confirmation though; just pick the players you think make the most sense and we'll work with the assumption that we know names for now.

@totallynotmafia and Katy, go ahead and guess spear for your lottery item next time you post so that we can finish this up. It doesn't help us to have either of you win an item at this time (for two different reasons.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by ooba »

Once the cult was out, I thought people wouldn't have a problem even if I did focus.

I didn't focus because I weighed the pros (Being able to receive an item, probably getting added to the QT network) as opposed to the cons (opening myself to a nightkill) and thought the options which open up are greater.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@MO
You have the item and can read the conditions of both oversoul and possession. I'm pretty sure that if I couldn't use one of the abilities, it would tell me outright on the item. I asked for security sakes.

@Mina
You couldn't daykill Tar or I since we had bullet proof vests. Tar was going to die anyways, and keeping MO and I alive because we rubbed against each other all game is better play then killing both of us. (Even though we both killed lots of scum between the 3 of us >>) With access to the network it'll be easier to coordinate around the redirects, etc, etc, etc. /Mina scum speculation. Pretty much we can lynch Kathy to satisfy the flip order so that we know the true flip 1 phase earlier.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by Iecerint »

By "why am I special" -- I meant "why am I a person who's different with regard to item bidding?" as per your earlier post.

Regarding VV's protect -- I still have my one-shot deathproof, unless I lost it without being told (and Tar was told when he lost his, so I doubt it). Unless scum has a one-shot omni-kill or something, I can handle myself even without VV's help.

If you just don't know who else you'd want to make potentially problematic to lynch the following day, I guess targeting me could be justified in certain cases, but I think anyone reasonably town that isn't me being targeted would better reduce the chance of a successful NK (given that the scum is somehow not Katy, which is pretty remote, anyway, so this is all probably beside-the-point, but ye know).
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@DTMaster, I've seen both Parama's item and Katy's item. There was nothing in Parama's item that particularly indicated that he couldn't use the possession ability if the oversoul was activated just like there isn't with Katy's item. Based on reports from the JCA gods they cannot use their possession abilities if the oversoul is activated.

@Iecerint, you're the only person who hasn't given a lottery guess who is not in some way tied to an item already in play. You could therefore make use of the item with no worries about interference at this point.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Oh. Is spear the only obvious remaining item, then? I've never seen Shaman King.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Iecerint, I've never seen Shaman King either. According to DTMaster, who has, claws would be a reasonable guess at this point. Probably it's what made the list I came up with as nails (fingernails) when I was looking over the information I could find on wikipedia so apparently I agree.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Lottery: Claws

k
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Katy »

Lottery: Claws

Since Iecerint already guessed it and it sounds way cooler than spear.

I don't really have anything else to add. I haven't held anything back, and I can't even debate that I would be the best lynch today. I got extra time to try to hunt cult and be spared by a mafia kill that I couldn't have done but no kills have been forthcoming.

All I can say is that when I am out and the game still continues, anyone who was in the "network" really bears looking at. Anyone who knew I was being redirected to Snow_Bunny could have placed a kill there intentionally. Why they would kill scum is something I can't answer, though. The only thing I can speculate is that they had reason to want other scum out of the picture and thought they could hide behind cult for the rest of the game, or maybe there was an alignment change.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Mina »

Katy, those aren't words that inspire confidence in your towniness.

As soon as the lottery is over, I'm going to consider my roleblocks and send them in (although obviously, I won't post my choices in the thread). Then we can lynch Katy once I give the go-ahead.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I assume Kinetic got homework overload.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Iecerint »

Hey, ooba, what do you mean when you say that I can't be scum on the basis of the attention I received D1? Several players attacked me D1, but I don't think any of them were scum. Katy did defend me, but that was all.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Parama »

vote: Katy

Screw the lottery, let's just end this damn game.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Kinetic »

Day 7, Vote Count 2

Sunny Side Lottery

Maybe these lotteries aren't as random as we once thought...

7 Fate
( 0 )
-
8 ooba
( 0 )
-
9 Mighty Orbots
( 0 )
-
10 Parama
( 0 )
-