Mini 1030 - White Flag Mafia (Game Over)

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Jack »

Looking over my completed games, I see 5 or 6 that the town lost due to not pushing hard after some lynches...but the day one "quicklynch push" style of this game was much more productive than the next few days of pushing. Impatience bad.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

But the point is that you'll get someone who has no chance but to passionately defend or die.

RedCoyote claiming post 0 wouldn't be a terrible idea- but isn't exactly confirmable since such a claim could be made by scum very, very easily.

If the scum were in the ardently active players, WIFOMing the lurkers by no-killing might've disoriented the game, too. That's why quicklynching can't really narrow the pool down as verifiably as you'd like it to.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by zoraster »

I think one adjustment I'm going to make to the instant-night rules is that the time from daybreak to nightfall must be at least 24 hours. In other words, if there's a quicklynch within 2 hours of day starting, I'd let twilight go on for another 22. My effort with instant night is not to allow players to try and get scum to "no action" but rather to speed things up.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Jack »

yabbaguy wrote:But the point is that you'll get someone who has no chance but to passionately defend or die.

RedCoyote claiming post 0 wouldn't be a terrible idea- but isn't exactly confirmable since such a claim could be made by scum very, very easily.

If the scum were in the ardently active players, WIFOMing the lurkers by no-killing might've disoriented the game, too. That's why quicklynching can't really narrow the pool down as verifiably as you'd like it to.
I wasn't really trying to prevent the mafia kill so much...more like, if I start a wagon on red, and scott and cloud get on, then he's probably town...
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Jack »

Jack wrote: I wasn't really trying to prevent the mafia kill so much...more like, if I start a wagon on red, and scott and cloud get on, then he's probably town...
Purely because scum can't buss in that situation--since the town has set up a standard of actually pushing the lynches through to the end. In slow games, scum can casually buss knowing it likely won't take off or if it does it can easily die over the next two weeks of low activity.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by zoraster »

Jack wrote:
yabbaguy wrote:But the point is that you'll get someone who has no chance but to passionately defend or die.

I wasn't really trying to prevent the mafia kill so much...more like, if I start a wagon on red, and scott and cloud get on, then he's probably town...
The funny thing is that they could have no killed on purpose with the same effect.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

rob and wisteria i was right
#freeShotty
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

But who cares? You got yourself lynched (shocker). That's your fault.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:59 pm

no scum got me lynched
#freeShotty
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

:lol:

Page 4- EVERYONE on your wagon was Town. Please explain how that's scum getting you lynched when a bulk of the Town thought you were scum. Like, even with RedCoyote having insider information, you got lynched.

You're far too reactionary. You're not clear in your scumhunting. You're vague. You therefore wind up getting lynched.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:07 pm

ya i know, but i think and i usually alost always am right, but i guess i see were you are coming from
#freeShotty
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Robbnva »

GO MAFIA, I took one for the team :D
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Robbnva »

also fwiw, me confirming in the thread was how I said it. I thought that was the norm on this site, my role pm did not say I had to, it said to confirm by PM

and I stand by my statement that if you run up a lynch on day 1 and it turns out VT, you take one for the team and lynch them instead of risking getting a power role outed.

i will never waiver from this cause it is how I was taught and some of the best mafia players I know all agree it is the way to go day 1
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I believe you, but I beg to differ.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Notice how WIFOM muddled that debate becomes even in MD.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Wisteria
Wisteria
Townie
Wisteria
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Wisteria »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:ya i know, but i think and i usually alost always am right, but i guess i see were you are coming from
There is no point in being correct if you cannot convince the rest of the town. You only had half the battle when you finally declared Robbnva and I were scum.

Consider listening to yabbaguy. I know you can catch scum, but it is really frustrating on both ends when you are not convincing anybody. Yelling "I'm a VI!" at the beginning of games does not do you any favors, either.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Robbnva »

btw in my honest opinion, town listening to Jack is the reason why you lost, he was such a loose cannon in this game, he basically pushed every lynch. such a shame he was just a nilla townie and not a traitor, thanks for the win Jack
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

I'm not going to blame Jack when I independently came to 90% of his conclusions. The RedCoyote mislynch was the turning point, and that was hardly Jack's fault.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Jack »

The main difficulty in trying to use connections this game was that 2 of the mafia never started and had to be replaced, and when they had their buddy had incriminated himself in a big way so they both came in calling him scum.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by Jack »

Robbnva wrote:btw in my honest opinion, town listening to Jack is the reason why you lost, he was such a loose cannon in this game, he basically pushed every lynch. such a shame he was just a nilla townie and not a traitor, thanks for the win Jack
I'm like brett favre robbn, a gunslinger, you can't play mafia well unless you're just havin fun out there.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Jack wrote:I'm like brett favre robbn, a gunslinger, you can't play mafia well unless you're just havin fun out there.
Have you decided if you're going to return to Mafiascum.net for another season?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Friend »

What. The. Fuck.

One quicklynch is okay. EVERY DAMN TIME IS NOT.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Let me read this over, since, apparently, when you spend 12 hours away from Mafiascum you are not only lynched before you get a chance to claim, your entire team loses.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Look, maybe I should've claimed early, maybe not. I figured if I did that we'd, one, just have a big target on our backs for nightkills, and two, just have a lot of people saying, "Hmm... not sure if I believe... we should test it out by lynching one of them". So, I figured, if one of us was probably going to be lynched/shot anyways, that I would just defend the doc as best as I could until one of us died. If I died, hopefully people would take a hint, and if he died, I would claim when necessary.

If I didn't have my power, btw, I would've lynched the doc in a heartbeat. So I had no issue with that lynch really. I really, really, really would've liked to have claimed before y'all let the scum lynch me. I get what Jack/HC/Data were trying to do though, you know, so I'm not going to whine or point fingers. I necessarily had to play a little scummy to protect the doc, which I don't think I would've ever done had I not known he was town. I was thinking though that this was okay because I could just claim if things got too hot. Jack/HC/Data were playing with the idea that you can't wait for claims because that increases the chance of a nightkill. There was nothing wrong with this strategy (I even participated in it when I thought it best served the town (e.g. when the lynch wasn't on me/the doc)), except it kind of turns the game into one big coin flip.

Well, for what it's worth, I really enjoyed playing with you guys for the short time that it lasted. The Mod is great, although this is the second time I've played with instant night actions and I'm still not digging it. I liked it even worse with the mini game size due to the way this game was played, even though I hypocritically tried to use it to my advantage. I didn't expect that it was going to keep being used in that way, although I probably should've realized it. From what I can tell the game was balanced, but I'd have to see it ran in a more traditional sense. I'd really like to see this mechanic ran in a more traditional way altogether. Instant nights are just a completely different game style, as I think is proven by how this game was played. Hell, instant nights probably changed the game more than the "white flag" aspect did. I do think instant nights have merit, but they are just not my cup of tea at all. To be perfectly honest, this type of play reminds me more of EpicMafia than anything else. Unless you were specifically looking to make a game in that style, I would definitely reserve instant nights for large/marathon games exclusively, and even large games I would be weary of it.

But that's not to take anything away from zora, of course; He's a pro Mod through and through.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:12 am

Post by Robbnva »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Jack wrote:I'm like brett favre robbn, a gunslinger, you can't play mafia well unless you're just havin fun out there.
Have you decided if you're going to return to Mafiascum.net for another season?
It's actually the perfect analogy. Jack played just like farve did in that final playoff game last season, horrible and lost the game for his team

:rofl:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”