LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by LimMePls »

CT, claim, you're at L-1 if I'm not mistaken.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

No I did not use my power last night. As for me being lynched, fine. Go for it. We have basically won anyway.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

EBWOP:
What scares me is that the ghosts are safely contained. Does this mean they can be released?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Coach Travis wrote:Crap, knew my day 1 actions would come up again sooner or later. I really just wasn't impressed with d3x on day one, and couldn't get a read on him because he was lurking so much, and the case on me did seem forced. I did interected with Reck however, and was suspicious of that role the entire game, you can't say I wasn't.

Well, with so many players confirmed, plus my town read on LMP and having no reason to doubt GW, my only possible option is to
Vote:Mallow
Your "suspicions" of him are baloney. Here is a quote of every post you make concerning Reck:
Coach Travis wrote:I didn't like Scott's vote on me too much, but I don't think he's scummy. I know my stance on the one issue isn't particularly common. However, the way xRECKONERx twisted my one post around like that, doesn't sit too well with me. He's getting a scummier read right now, Taz is predictably calming down a bit and I don't find him scummy at the moment.
Coach Travis wrote:About this "newbie card" thing:How did you even come up with that? When did I specifically try to get out of anything by saying I'm a newb? Once again, twisting my words around. I only mentioned that game because it was my best one(I've played two and the first was an epic fail), and because it would show that to be a general opinion I have. It honestly has nothing to do with strategy, it's just how I am.

Anyway, right now BC is annoying me more than xRECKONERx, because the way he's twisting my posts is just driving me crazy.
Unvote, Vote:BC
Coach Travis wrote:Oh, and about the wishy-washy thing:I did eventually make a serious vote, and including that plus what I said about xRECKONERx, which still holds true for now, I do have two scum reads, and there's still plenty of other players I'm not sure on yet, mostly because they haven;t posted enough for me to get a read.
Coach Travis wrote:Yeah, I have to agree with the case against Mallow:He's been totally unhelpful, lurking like crazy, and then to return and make a vote against someone who's being replaced, and who I feel could easily be an over excited townie, is very suspicious. I think for now I'll Unvote, Vote:Mallowgeno, since the BC thing was really just personal, and while I still don't particularly like him, Mallow seems worse right now.

This means Mallow, BC and xRECKONERx are currently at the top of my suspicions list, while right now I feel Scott, Jason, and Taz are town. There's still some people I'm not totally sure of yet, I'll go through some more later and see if I can get more reads.
Coach Travis wrote:@D3XI'm getting scum vibes from Reck. First off, he was clearly buddying with Taz, it was obvious the way he was interacting with him. And since Taz was replaced, he's been fairly quiet, not doing much anything, because he knows LMP can't be played that easily. Otherwise, I need to go through some posts and see what I think. Can't do that until Friday though, I won't be online again until then.
Coach Travis wrote:@Fur:Please explain how I'm buddying, I can't see it all. I've done nothing even close to how Reck was trying to manipulate Taz, and every time I've defended people it's been based on reads and nothing more. And I'm not a wagon jumper. I only voted on two wagons, was suspicious of Mallow and still think he needs to go at some point, and am even more suspicious of BC, so it's not like waiting to jump between wagons like you say. And interesting how you connect me to both sotty and Reck, but for opposite reasons. I doubt a scum would do two obvious tactics like that, maybe one if they suck.

Interesting role claim, but I don't believe it. I still see him as scum.
Coach Tavis wrote:Yeah, I'm also not liking shotty so far, and considering my thoughts on Reck, he may be the best lynch option. Of course, I'm interested to see the investigation results, since at this point I agree sotty has no reason to claim if they aren't actually the cop.
Coach Travis wrote:Sucks to lose Scott, but catching scum is always a good thing, and we even still have our cop, unbelievably. Anyway, I think our best course of action is obvious, considering how scummy shotty has been acting, his obvious ignoring of d3x, plus actually claiming scum, he's clearly the best lynch option.
Vote:drmyshottyizsik
Not one time, until he had confessed to being scum, did you place a vote on the slot. You kept vaguely mentioning Reck as suspicious to you, but you never put your vote where your mouth was. You voted other people, even though you kept mentioning Reck as a scum read. Then when you made your "I'm done being defensive, so hear are my thoughts on some people" you completely ignored him. You claim you thought he was scum, but you never made any effort to secure his lynch. Only when drmyshotty admitted to being scum did you finally put a vote out there.

People, in all seriousness, go back and reread the game and CT-scum is painfully obvious. If you don't have the time to re-read, at least ISO him, Reck/drmyshotty and d3x. Its pretty clear. No need to rush this day, we've rushed enough days, we should take our time with today and do any ISOs/rereads that we need to get done until we're ready. Trust me though, I reread the whole game today, and I was only more sure of CT-scum than I had been before.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

Vote Count

Coach Travis
- 3 - LynchMePls, XScorpion, sottyrulez
mallowgeno
- 1 - Coach Travis
Not Voting
- 3 - Starbuck, GhostWriter, mallowgeno

Seven alive, Four votes to lynch

I'll be away this weekend, but a stand-in mod will be here in my place.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:34 am

Post by XScorpion »

Omfg I totally just realized CML has scott pilgrim in his avatar.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:13 am

Post by mallowgeno »

CT you need to claim ASAP
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Coach Travis »

I'm Janine Melnitz, a townie, and I do not have any special powers, I'm just vanilla. I've played a sloppy game so far, but that doesn't make me scum.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:37 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Okay.

Somebody hammer.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Didn't use my ability the first night. Used it on Jason the second night, and Sotty the third night.

Had I reversed those, Jason would likely be alive right now, and she'd no doubt have become a 1-shot un-killable BG, who might have been able to kill mafia that target its target. And had Sotty investigated the Godfather with my power-up, they probably could have seen that they were mafia, instead of not seeing it. Just my assumptions based on what seems like logical upgrades to those powers.

Also, playing a sloppy game so far doesn't not make you scum. VOTE: Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Oh wow, lynched already. Well, for now I'll just say my alignment is painfully obvious, and anyone unsure of it fails at mafia. That was even more embarrassing than my first game, because at least then I had the excuse of inexperience. This time there's nothing to defend how I played.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by XScorpion »

3rd party? 8D
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Is this a town win!?!
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Looks that way. Pretty sure 785 is as close to a confession as you usually get... unless drmyshotty is in the game. CT scum was obv from D1.

V/LA on weekends
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

Vote Count

Coach Travis
- 4 - LynchMePls, XScorpion, sottyrulez, GhostWriter
mallowgeno
- 1 - Coach Travis
Not Voting
- 3 - Starbuck, mallowgeno

It's a day for decisive action it seems at LynchMePls is the man to take it. Grasping the situation with both hands, the newest 'buster grabs his pack and with barely a whisper of protest
Coach Travis
is lit up like a flaming Christmas tree. It doesn't take long to spot that he was housing
Vigo the Carpathian, Mafia Framer
and Ghostwriter shows why he was always the most popular (and will probably go on to be an indie darling too) by sliding in the trap and locking Vigo up. Hopefully for good this time.

Everyone looks at each other, then out of the window. Everything looks normal. That's probably it right? There can't be any more ghosts right?

Right.
Town wins.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

OK, don't really have time for comments but when I get back on Monday I should have something to say. Please feel free to make any complaints you have about the way I modded and the game's balance here in-thread but anything nasty you have to say about another player please keep to yourself or PM straight to me. I know things got a little rough a couple of times but the majority of you were great players and I'd love to mod for you again.

The Roles

Peter Venkman - Motivator (Can only target each player once)

Welcome to Ghostbusters Mafia Ghostwriter AKA Peter Venkman
You're a Ghostbuster dammit, and bustin' makes you feel good. You're also a leading expert in the field of using mild electric shocks to get a response from people.
Each night you can PM me the name of a player. If they have a night action your special techniques will give their abilities an extra boost, and power them up. This will only work on each player once.
You win when all threats to the town are contained.
Ray Stantz - JOAT: One shot each of Activated Lightning Rod, Bodyguard, Weak Doc. (When Motivated he will gain NK immunity)

Welcome to Ghostbusters MafiajasonT1981 AKA Ray Stantz
You're the Ghostbuster who always seems to get the short end of the stick. During the current crisis you're gonna be asked to take one for the team on several occasions. Good job you're up to the job.
Each night you can PM me and choose to use one of the following abilities once each.
1. Lightning Rod - Using this power will cause every targeted action that night to target you.
2. Bodyguard - Using this power will allow you to bodyguard any player of your choice that night, dying in their place if it comes to it.
3. Doctor - Using this power will allow you to protect any player of your choice from death. Be careful though, because if you target an anti-town player you won't survive the experience.
Egon Spengler - Ghost Detector (Motivated to Cop)

Welcome to Ghostbusters Mafia Zang AKA Egon Spengler
You're the brains of the Ghostbusters, and it's up to you to use your knowledge and Ghostbusting skills (that pay the bills) to sort out the dead from the living.
Each night you can PM me the name of a player. You will investigate them for ectoplasmic radiation or something and find out if they're human or ghost.
Winston Zeddemore - Ghostbuster Backup

Welcome to Ghostbusters Mafia Tazaro AKA Winston Zeddemore
You're a Ghostbuster all right, but you're still a bit of a newbiw. You have the skills to stop the things terrorising this city but need a little experience before you're ready to really step up and sort this mess out.
You're a Ghostbuster backup. When one of your co-busters dies, you'll any powers they had.
You win when all threats to the town have been contained.

Walter Peck - Mass Roleblocker

Welcome to Ghostbusters Mafia mallowgeno AKA Walter Peck
You're pretty sure that all these 'hauntings' and 'sightings' are nothing but the Ghostbusters scamming the people of New York again. You're pretty sure the best way to save New York is just to shut the city down and wait until the hysteria dies down.
Each night, you can choose to roleblock every player at once, preventing them using any abilities. Please PM me telling me whether or not you wish to use this ability.
Slimer - Ghost Townie

Welcome to Ghostbusters Mafia Bloodcovenant AKA Slimer
Once upon a time you were the Ghostbusters first catch, now you're one of the gang. You're a harmless, if greedy, ghost who just wants to eat and slime things.
You're a townie. A townie who can vote and get scared to death.

Janosz Poha - Townie
Welcome to Ghostbusters Mafia Starbuck AKA Janosz Poha
You're just a happy little weirdo who loves restoring paintings and speaking with funny accents. Until any evil paintings decide to come to life and posess you today, your best defense against being scared to death is your old friends the Ghostbusters.

Mayor Lenny - Townie
Welcome to Ghostbusters Mafia Scoot Brosius AKA Mayor Lenny
You're the Mayor of New York, and all these fear related deaths haven't done your ratings any favours. It's in your best interest to let the Ghostbusters do their job and help in whatever way you can.
Eduardo Rivera - Townie
Welcome to Ghostbusters Mafia VibeBox AKA Eduardo Rivera
One day you're going to be one of the Extreme Ghostbusters. Specifically the sarcastic hispanic one. For now however:
Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man - Mafia Goon

Welcome to Ghostbusters Mafia d3x AKA The Stay Puft Marshmellow Man
You're the recently returned Earthly form of Gozer the Gozerian, the destoyer of worlds. Inexplicably you're yet to be caught and contained by these idiots, despite being several dozen feet tall and wearing an adorable sailor hat. You have no special abilities beyond your immense size, although this doesn't mean you're incapable of killing.
You're a member of the Mafia along with Coach Travis and xRECKONERx, you can talk at night here: URL
You win when only members of your mafia are alive or nothing can prevent this.
Vigo - Mafia Framer (Target will investigate as a ghost, has two targets when motivated)

Welcome to Ghostbusters Mafia Coach Travis AKA Vigo the Carpathian
In a former life you were a terrifying warlord who swept through Europe on a tide of blood. Now you're a ghost possessing a not very flattering painting. Is it any wonder you want to destroy all of mankind and flay the living flesh from their bones?
You're a member of the Mafia along with d3x and xRECKONERx, you can talk at night here: URL
In addition to being able to perform the nightly kill, you can also choose to pass some of your spookiness and ectoplasmic aura onto another player. Anyone happening to investigate them will believe them to be a ghost like you.

Dana Barrett - Mafia, investigates as human
Welcome to Ghostbusters Mafia xRECKONERx AKA Dana Barret
You're a nameless force of pure malevolence and evil who just so happens to be possessing the unfortunate Dana Barrett. All you want is to destroy mankind, and you'll use this feeble shell for as long as you need to in order to make this happen. She's more than capable of both passing as human even to the most sophisticated ghost detection equipment, but also of performing your groups nightly kill.
You're a member of the Mafia along with d3x and xRECKONERx, you can talk at night here: URL
Fake claims for scum: Louis Tully, Janine Melnitz, Baby Oscar Barret

Night Actions

Night 1

jasonT1981 uses Weak Doc on sottyrulez
d3x kills sottyrulez
sottyrulez investigates d3x
mallowgeno does nothing
Ghostwriter does nothing
Coach Travis does nothing

Night 2

sottyrulez investigates Starbuck
Ghostwriter targets jasonT1981
jasonT1981 uwant to catch up or anythingses Bodyguard on sottyrulez
mallowgeno does nothing
drmyshottyizsik kills Scott Brosius
Coach Travis frames GhostWriter

Night 3

jasonT1981 does nothing
Ghostwriter targets sottyrulez
sottyrulez targets XScorpion
Coach Travis frames Ghostwriter
Coach Travis kills jasonT1981

The set-up was a little swingy, but had the scum weathered d3x's outing without one of them imploding I think the game would have been smoother without Ray's doc powers. I have to say, the protect on sottyrulez night one was probably the single action that swung the game the most from where I was sitting.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Yeah, when sotty was protected it completely threw us off, because as you'll see from our night actions after that, we were so afraid he'd be protected again that we targeted other people, so we could at least get our kills off. It also didn't help that I failed with my framing each time, totally didn't realize ghostwriter was cleared, I guess I got lazy.

Either way, I think the setup itself was balanced enough, as my power was potentially game changing, I just think it all came down to poor execution on our part. I think it's obvious how frustrated I was getting early on, because I knew as soon as I made a couple mistakes early in day 1, I was going to be targeted the rest of the game, and at first I was taking it a bit personally, which only made things even worse. By the time I finally calmed down, it was too late, because I had already so many things to incriminate myself, so combine that with the bad luck of having d3x investigated, the game was basically over before it ever begun.

Anyway, congrats to the town. I'm more upset with myself than anything else, though I think part of it was I'd never played as scum before, so to have things go that badly right at the start, was just not a situation I could recover from.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:32 am

Post by LimMePls »

@Mod: Thanks, great game!

Good job town.

I can't figure out why Walter Peck would ever activate his mass block, let alone do it multiple times.

V/LA on weekends
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:59 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Ha! And we really thought CT was town. Ooops.

Good game all. Being protected on night one did really boost the town, but Shotty's day two melt down was insane. What happened there?

Also did you guys have a quick topic?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Starbuck »

Sorry, y'all. I had my text document up and ready to go, but we were back in night again.

It'll probably be all twisted by jason and others, but I honestly did want to participate in this game and was trying to. It was just bad luck all on my part with not adding the game to my bookmarks and then vacation and trying vainly to catch up.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:32 am

Post by Starbuck »

If anything, I've learned that playing like MrSuave just makes me feel like crap at the end.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Scum QT?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:33 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

SB, Rec... I just want to assure you, nothing was meant as personal attacks. I was simply pushing for game content. But anyway, YAY Town! this was a fun game to play in
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Starbuck »

Next time, try phrasing yourself better or just stopping all together. Reck was going through a really tough time. He was looking forward to this game and didn't want to back out of it.

Next time, you should think about these things and that people do have feelings and stuff going on in real life before you go into DB mode.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:12 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Sorry about that Miller lynching. Had a shot at a perfect win without that one... though things probably would have unfolded differently if that lynch didn't go down.

Feeling like we dodged a real bullet with CT shown to be a framer, but the gf flipped helped a lot by pretty much confirming 100% town all the inno results we had.

Interested to see if d3x was following along, had any thoughts about the game. The beloved princess claim raised the stakes on his lynch for sure, but it was hard to believe there were 2 roles that could mess with the cop results. (Even though it turned out that there was... guess that goes down to knowledge lol.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”