Newbie 980 ~ Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:56 am

Post by Nikanor »

jmurph3 wrote:Why do you think Beefster is scum? Why don't you try and build a case on him instead of just being obnoxious?
Well when you say it like that, then....
NEVERRRRRRR GAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
YOU CAN'T STOP THE SIGNAL MEL. YOU CAN'T STOP IT.
You're going to have to kill me if you want me to shut up.
Now vote Beefster or stop wasting my time.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:46 am

Post by singersigner »

Seriously??
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:58 am

Post by singersigner »

By the way, what I mean by that is, wtf?!? By process of elimination? To me that sounds like a whole lotta bull. I mean, first of all, I'm not
confirmed
town to anyone but scum, so unless you know something the rest of us don't...not boding well for you. Second of all, you're not making a case. You're just saying, oh hai guyz, you need to vote for him because I said so.

VOTE: Nikanor

Can you at least TRY?

I like tomatoes.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:15 am

Post by jmurph3 »

@singersigner: I understand your frustration (as I share it), but here's the thing: Nikanor has set up a whole round of WIFOM. Naturally, I, like you, look at what he's posted and think, "What townie would write that?" and subsequently want to vote for him. However, then I think to myself, "What scum would be that obvious?" meaning then I don't want to vote him.

It's a hugely circular logic pattern that he's set up, and it's incredibly frustrating. So I will say this only once, as a warning: Nikanor, what you are doing is anti-town. If you do not stop acting anti-town and thus creating a lot of WIFOM for us to have to deal with, I will lynch you, scum or otherwise.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:51 am

Post by CSL »

The Last Day of Summer Vote Count

Nikanor (2) Beefster, singersigner

Beefster (1) Nikanor

Not Voting: jmurph3, Nexus

Deadline and Lynch info

Currently set for Thursday, August 9th, at 7:00pm EST

There are FIVE alive, so THREE votes on a player will lynch.

V/LA's and Prods

Etc.

Nikanor, I'm letting your vote on Beefster count. Make sure you color them from now on
Last edited by CSL on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:10 am

Post by singersigner »

jmurph...you're right. However, I feel comfortable putting my vote on him at this point because I know you and Nexus are confirmed town, and won't jump on the bandwagon just to get rid of someone (without good reason at least). At this point, Beefster is being a lot more helpful in scum hunting, and even if he's my/everyone else's last suspect going into tomorrow, at least we won't have Nikanor clouding everyone's judgment.

I am not voting for Nikanor just because he's being obnoxious. Basically, in a nutshell, Earlder's interactions with Flay were minimal at best, and neither of them ever voted for each other. Earlder lurked heavily at the beginning, and when he did post, there was hardly ever anything of content. To me, that's trying to stay under the radar, while Flay could let his mouth fly, keeping them "separated" from each other. Right now, Nikanor is doing nothing to rectify the suspicions of anyone, and I feel as though it might be because 1. He either can't because they are true, or 2. He's trying some other way of keeping us distracted (a.k.a. the way he's dealing with his vote on Beefster). He also hasn't done anything to agree or disagree with anyone else on why people 1. Think I'm town, 2. Think he's/Earlder's scum, or 3. Think Beefster's scum.

You're right, it's very anti-town. Not
necessarily
scummy, but at this point, shouldn't be acceptable play. Unless he can give me/the rest of us valid reasons for ANYTHING, I don't feel as though even he believes he deserves to be here. WIFOM or not...it's risky play, and not ok. For now, I'm ok with leaving him at L-1 to contemplate his actions.

I like tomatoes.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Beefster »

I've been working on some vote and playstyle analysis. Expect a megapost in a day or two.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Ahahahaha
signer wrote:Can you at least TRY?
I tell you to lynch Beefster-scum and what do you do? You try to get ME lynched. I am trying, but you are not making it very easy on me.
signer wrote:Right now, Nikanor is doing nothing to rectify the suspicions of anyone, and I feel as though it might be because 1. He either can't because they are true, or 2. He's trying some other way of keeping us distracted (a.k.a. the way he's dealing with his vote on Beefster). He also hasn't done anything to agree or disagree with anyone else on why people 1. Think I'm town, 2. Think he's/Earlder's scum, or 3. Think Beefster's scum.
Orrrrr I don't care about your misguided suspicions because I happen to be in a situation where I know they're wrong.
Think of it this way. You have an infant who thinks that Santa is real. Do you break the news to him that Santa isn't real and that both of his parents were brutally murdered by mimes? I certainly wouldn't.

You can lynch me today if you promise to lynch Beefster tomorrow. In fact, if Nexus promises to vote Beefster tomorrow I will go so far as to self-hammer. Does that sound good to everyone?

Also signer, is this you?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by singersigner »

Ok, what?!? Nikanor...I really wish I knew something about you, cuz you're seriously just confusing me. Why would you ever self-hammer?? Couldn't you at least give us a reason to vote Beefster instead of this huge AtE you've set up?

I'm not getting your Santa reference. Nor the point of your "cute" picture. Really, if you weren't going to take the game in any sort of seriousness, why did you bother replacing in?

I like tomatoes.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Nikanor »

signer wrote:Why would you ever self-hammer?? Couldn't you at least give us a reason to vote Beefster instead of this huge AtE you've set up?
It's because the scum is obvious. All I have to do to win is get Beefster lynched today or tomorrow. I'll still win if I'm dead when you lynch him.
signer wrote:I'm not getting your Santa reference.
I am calling your arguments infantile. I haven't read them, but judging by what I've read from you I can be pretty sure they are juvenile and stupid.
signer wrote:Nor the point of your "cute" picture.
You didn't answer my question. Is it you?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by singersigner »

Nikanor wrote:It's because the scum is obvious.
To who, you? You haven't given us any reasons yet. You can't just say "it's not me, so it has to be him."

Also, Beefster...would you be able to lay out your case on Nikanor again? I know you were planning on it anyway, and you're busy, but again, we have plenty of time.

jmurph...I think it's safe to assume you won't make it through tonight, so hopefully you can get all your thoughts out on the table today. That'll really help Nexus (I say that because you'll be the last confirmed town) tomorrow.

I like tomatoes.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I did tell you why. You haven't read my posts.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by singersigner »

jmurph, Nexus...I'm washing my hands of this. It's up to you guys to try and deal with him now.

I like tomatoes.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Oh nononono.
You don't get to walk away from this for as long as your vote is on me.
You want me to disprove your arguments. You say it's scummy of me to refuse to disprove your arguments.
At the same time, you're saying that I have made no arguments for why Beefster is scum. If you want to say that, you have to disprove my argument against him.
Go ahead, tell me why my reason for voting Beefster is wrong. Tell me why I'm wrong in thinking you're town.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by singersigner »

That's just it, though. You
haven't
given any reasoning for anything. I can't disprove anything you haven't offered.

You realize half your post doesn't make sense, right?

I like tomatoes.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Your face doesn't make sense.

Is there a reason for why I shouldn't think you are town?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by singersigner »

It's not that I think you are wrong in the way you think, Nikanor...you just have yet to explain
why
you think that way. And it's not necessarily that you think I'm town, either. It's that you know Beefster's scum/you're town. You have yet to give us any reasons other than "because I said so."

Also, EBWOP, jmurph, assuming Nikanor is just a VI, and clouded my judgment, we'll have to figure it out from there, and I'd just like all thoughts out there in case we unfortunately have a tomorrow.

I like tomatoes.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Nikanor »

NEXUS STOP CHANGING YOUR AVATAR AND GET IN THE THREAD DAMN IT.

Look, if you really want something concretely scummy on Beefster, take a look at these consecutive posts by him: here and here. These are consecutive in iso, but are of course not fully consecutive posts.
In those posts he votes for Nexus first, then jmurph (both of whom are confirmed town, in case you forgot). It's scummy because during the time between those posts, Nexus's wagon was put to L-1 and dissolved. After the dissolution of Nexus's wagon, Beefster jumps on his second suspect, jmurph. I would ordinarily not have a problem with this. The problem I have is this:
In post one, Beefster wrote:I feel that [jmurph's] scumminess is dependent on Nexus's alignment. Definitely some buddying going on here.
In post two, Beefster wrote:Nexus has also given me newbtown vibes lately... Even though I personally don't understand the feeling of the freshly newbish VT, as I was scum in my first game.
Now you should be able to see what's wrong with Beefster voting for jmurph. Beefster would not have unvoted Nexus if it had not been the town's general consensus at the time.
Beefster wrote:Plus, it seems odd for the mafia to kill a lurker. Something I'd expect from a newbie.
HMMM REALLY. Is it odd because you suspect the experienced players? That can't be it, because you only suspect newbies. I WONDER WHY IT WOULD BE ODD THEN. MAYBE IT IS BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT MONSIEUR BOMBAY IS SCUM WITH AN SE.
Beefster wrote:If you notice, neither of them voted for each other.
Yes, and you never showed suspicion on Flay yourself. You put a vote on him, but you weren't ever suspicious of him from what I can see. THAT IS WHAT WE CALL AN OBVBUS RIGHT THERE FOLKS. KILL IT WITH SHARP POINTY THINGS LIKE FIRE.

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW
I DID WORK FOR YOU BITCHES
NOW VOTE FOR BEEFSTER

Yes that was a haiku. That alone should be motivation enough to lynch Beefster. If that doesn't get you fools to vote for Beefster I don't know what will.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Nexus »

Singersigner if he's threatening to self-hammer, would you mind unvoting just so as we can wait and see Beefster's post, please?

Nikanor calm the hell down. I want to cover all eventualities, and want to see what Beefster has got to say for himself.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Nexus wrote:Nikanor calm the fuck down.
NEVER.
AND I SEE YOU REGAINED YOUR FOUL MOUTH YOU DIRTY BASTARD.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by Nexus »

Also, I point you to general rule 1. CSL made a point of reiterating it during the game, and I wouldn't wish for your slot to be mod killed, so just tone it down, y'know?

I mean, I'm not fussed, but as I don't personally know the others, I can't really comment on how they'll react. Better to be safe than sorry, non?

Also, don't self-hammer. In no way will that be helpful.

Also, please don't misquote me. Tnx.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by Nikanor »

CSL has already commented on my behaviour over AIM. He doesn't mind it.
I appreciate the effort you put into trying to get rid of me, though.
Nexus wrote:Also, don't self-hammer before allowing me to bear your children. In no way will that be helpful.
Fine. I'll hold off for now.

Do you want Beefster dead? Y/N
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by singersigner »

UNVOTE: Nikanor

I see no reason why not. I'd still like to hear from everyone.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by singersigner »

Ok, I only saw Nexus' post asking me to keep him from L-1...Nikanor, I understand you're taking out RL frustration, but are you seriously going to fluff up our game with your obnoxious comments? I do appreciate you finally posting some content, though. I'll post more of my thoughts on that tomorrow.

I like tomatoes.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by Nikanor »

What are you talking about? I AM GATHERING VALUABLE DATA FROM EVERY WORD YOU SAY.
It's good to know that even though all three of the unconfirmed townies are going through rough times irl that only two are posting.
I WONDER WHAT THEY COULD HAVE IN COMMON. HMMMMMMMMM.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”