Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3850 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@ooba, if we use the daykill it won't be on Faraday. The flips from the day kill wouldn't happen at twilight when we'd want them then when people were making night actions.

If Nikanor is scum of any sort then he simply has to fail to send QTs to make it look like he was blocked.

Mighty Orbots must commit to the roleblock or redirect before twilight as both of those are twilight actions. If I don't use either of them then I can still use track which is daybreak. Essentially that means that my actions must be decided before we get a Faraday flip.

I'm a bit leery of using Mina's roleblocks during the night phase as I'm a bit unclear on how they work with timing in that case. As an example of the issues, I assume that Nikanor's action should be a twilight action; he submits it during the day and it kicks in at twilight. It might be a rapid action (in which case he couldn't change it) but in any case, I don't see how a roleblock from Mina during the night would be able to block it.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3851 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 am

Post by DTMaster »

K sorry about this. Addicted to SC2. DTManalysis time.

1. We have yet to determine the pattern of the cult's recruit. The best indicator is rapid action or day action based on Tar's transition from "losing soul" to being cult. There's too many weird cult noise coming from Tar with his "bite" claim which reads as night action recruit versus what was witnessed with Tar. It's contradictory, and makes you believe cult already could have recruited many people before and doesn't fit with the one zombie one CL theory.

Plus, we are assuming way too much when killing cult members lead into recruitment. Mind Screw 4 had lynch redirection, but we were able to break (even if the Scum Quad-Voter killed opposing scum to do it) which stopped voting for a while. We need more data to find a good pattern, and killing Tar is that way. Blocking and kill Tar is a good precaution to stop the ability if it does occur.

2. I'm wondering if Tar's obsession with the gods was noise (cult win condition is to kill all the gods (?), I recall Tar mentioning this and recall that factions can be added to the God's lists and removed.)

3. The banter between Ooba and Tar is rubbing me the wrong way. I really, really, really, don't like it for some reason.

4. I just read that the Cult new that Ortolan/etc was recruited by cult and this contradicts ABR's census. If ABR's census is right, that means Kathy's role cop and the initial claim were true. MO you're pushing that ABR's census is irrelevant, but it shows that Tar is lying at the moment. Listening to him is creating huge smokescreens in this cult hunt. We're speculating over cult mechanics more so then hunting for players.

Plus if you're arguing that the recruit happened after the census, that means Kathy's result is true on Ortolan/etc and the Spirit/Soul was converted into a Zombie.

5. I find it odd that Nikanor wasn't recruited once he claimed he can make QTs. Disabling that/gaining access to everyone's QTs is super powerful.

6. Worshiping Norse grants Ice kill immunity, which paints a target to him as cult recruit bait if he is town. Worshiping Egypt grants items (last time) which can turn the tide to our favour but helps Kathy.

7. If I start swearing, it means I want my vest back. This is bad FYI.

8. Ortolan, there is a weird contradiction from Tar to how he says his recruitment method is to what happened to him. It's possible that cult has been hitting Mafia and your target much like VV's protect.

9. MO/Mina umm, considering that you track VV to death, it's no wonder VV doesn't claim her focus targets. You know already. What's with this standard? That's terrible.

10. MO, actually this is better. If Mina gets a name wrong, and we have contradictory block claims, we win. Plus it'll also narrow down the list of cults. If Kathy lies to us about Tar's role name, then lol we caught cult leader.

11. Actually, why wasn't Faraday recruited? Mina puts up a good point, redirection plays abound, it'll also be awesome for cult to recruit the guy with the redirection item and then control actions and recruit successfully.

12. Fate = "facepalm". I don't want you to live forever, just like Ice doesn't get unkillable status and I stopped swearing so I don't become bullet proof.

13. MO, I'm going to maintain my protect. Do recall my mimic ability works much like Ooba's redirection, except its a bus on my target and myself.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3852 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Parama »

What does Ooba's focus do again? I dunno so.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3853 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Kinetic »

Day 6, Vote Count 3

Bright Sun Lottery

A new lottery begins, this one for only a single item. But other thoughts plague the minds of Sanctuary's remnant.

2 Faraday
( 1 )
- Fate,
7 Fate
( 2 )
- VV, Mina
8 ooba
( 0 )
-
9 Mighty Orbots
( 0 )
-
10 Parama
( 0 )
-
12 totallynotmafia
( 0 )
-
14 VasudeVa
( 0 )
-
17 Nikanor
( 0 )
-
18 Mina
( 0 )
-
20 Katy
( 0 )
-
21 Tarhalindur
( 1 )
- Katy
23 Albatross
( 0 )
-
26 Iecerint
( 0 )
-
28 DTMaster
( 0 )
-
29 Sobriquet
( 0 )
-

Votes Required to Lynch: 8
Not Voting: 12
Deadline: August 24

A request for extension has been received. I'm still debating on it, you will have a definite answer by the 21st (72 hours before deadline.) At that time I will also prod anyone who has a prod request on file. I am prodding Albatross now, same rules apply for all inactivity going forward (72 hours or MK w/o Pred). As a reminder, modkills of this fashion will never end the day or cause you to be blacklisted by me. If I see this possibly being abused I have the right to change the MK to a MK with prejudice (which would end the day no matter the flip).
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3854 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:33 am

Post by Faraday »

feel like shit. gonna post when i get better.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3855 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Ooba's focus is a self redirector. It was proven my Nikanor when he tried to make a Ice/Ooba QT and got an Ice/Nikanor QT instead I think. Something to that lines. It's simillar to my mimic ability on my snow board which buses myself to a person.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3856 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:25 am

Post by ooba »

Modifying plan in such a way that it is independent of Faraday's flip and takes care of problem MO mentioned.

- Mina's Quad roleblock
Nikanor - who targets two people who can confirm\deny that action was blocked
Tar - whose rolename we know
ooba
Fate

- TNM's Jailkeep - Undisclosed target

- MO - One-shot Track on TNM

- Mina redirects Katy to someone

If we are roleblocked, then Parama's track will not go through - because of my focus.
If we are not roleblocked, then Parama can track.
In this scenario, Nik cannot not QT and claim he was blocked since Parama's track too should be blocked.
Also takes care of the possibility of one of the roleblocking roles being cult with Nik (i.e TNM\MO blocking Parama and Nik claiming to have no QTs made).

@DTM, there is no banter between me and Tar. I have ignored his posts after he claimed cult ..

P.S Not posting is a great way to get the mod to extend our deadline!
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3857 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:39 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

I'm V/LA until Monday after this post. I still advocate day killing Tarhalindur at this point.

@ooba, if Faraday flips town then we want to in some way block/redirect/track all of Fate, Iecerint, Katy, Nikanor, and Tarhalindur. We know that Tarhalindur did extra targeting on one of the two of Iecerint and Nikanor in that case, we know that Fate is lying and scum of some sort, we know that Tarhalindur is scum and we've got a good reason to think that Katy is mafia.

You're planning on trying to block one of our tracks and having me use a track on someone who's none of those people. That's not good at all. It's even worse if the quad roleblock (which you're using for confirmation purposes as much as blocking) fails because we get any of the names wrong.

@DTMaster, I'm not even sure what game you're looking at for some of that. Right quick (because I don't have time to run through everything) the banter between ooba and Tarhalindur doesn't seem to exist. I'm not saying that the census result is irrelevant (rather I'm using heavily to get information about how the cult works.) We've never worshiped Egypt; it's JCA which gives items. VasudeVa has been claiming his focus (on me.)

In any case, I want you to protect Mina with your item action. It looks like that's your plan so that's fine.

@Mina, I support your submitting the day vig at this time. Use your judgement. If you see someone propose some other plan which actually keeps tabs on everyone we'd need to I'd probably be OK with it but I've thought it through and I don't see a way to handle all it safely if we leave Tarhalindur alive.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3858 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:02 am

Post by ooba »

Mighty Orbots wrote:@ooba, if Faraday flips town then we want to in some way block/redirect/track all of Fate, Iecerint, Katy, Nikanor, and Tarhalindur. We know that Tarhalindur did extra targeting on one of the two of Iecerint and Nikanor in that case, we know that Fate is lying and scum of some sort, we know that Tarhalindur is scum and we've got a good reason to think that Katy is mafia.
Hmmm... thats not possible even with Tar out of the way ..
Anywayz daykill Tar - surest and best use of the kill ..
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3859 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Katy »

DTMaster wrote:Actually, why wasn't Faraday recruited? Mina puts up a good point, redirection plays abound, it'll also be awesome for cult to recruit the guy with the redirection item and then control actions and recruit successfully.
This is what I have been most afraid of. However, I was redirected onto a cult member on the last night period. If cult was controlling the redirect the only reason they would do that was if they have infiltrated pretty heavily and were trying to push me to the most suspected member and away from others (or from CL). I'd like to think that at least as of last night, the redirect was legit.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3860 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Albatross »

I'm strongly considering just taking the modkill. But that would be bad because it would cause the redirect to cease functioning.

Who should I vote? This game is slower than a turtle through molasses.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3861 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Unvote; Vote: Faraday

BTW -- Time is running out, and votes will probably reset after the shot goes. So we should probably shoot sooner rather than later if we're going to shoot at all.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3862 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Mina »

*sigh*

Sorry for putting it off. It's just that my action is irrevocable, so I wanted to make sure we'd considered all the options. I was either the best possible person to end up a dayvig, or the worst.

Tarhalindur is now a dead zombie walking...um, wait. Maybe that wasn't the best metaphor. But anyway, I sent in a PM killing Tarhalindur (Zombie Big Daddy).

Albatross, don't let yourself get modkilled unless you're scum. I don't want to lose my item the moment I finally get one.

Oh, yeah. You never answered why you thought Faraday was so obviously town that you were willing to trust him with an ability that would be devastating had it landed in scum's hands. What in particular gave you such a strong read on him?

And why did you give up your item on N2 in the first place, instead of keeping it and using the redirection ability yourself?

Also, have you noticed that Faraday and Fate are in a 1 v. 1? What do you think of this?

Katy actually brought up a good point in Faraday's defence--he redirected Katy onto Tarhalindur. He was following instructions from Mighty Orbots, though, And I suppose a cult leader might have been willing to sacrifice a zombie. But if he inexplicably changed his track, he could've done the same with the redirect. Hmm.

Somewhat disappointed in ooba's claim--I was hoping for either an obviously scummy target that no cult leader would choose or an obviously townish target.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3863 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by Mina »

DTMaster wrote:9. MO/Mina umm, considering that you track VV to death, it's no wonder VV doesn't claim her focus targets. You know already. What's with this standard? That's terrible.
Um...you do realize we were asking
ooba
to claim his focus target, right?
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3864 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Katy »

Mina wrote:Katy actually brought up a good point in Faraday's defence--he redirected Katy onto Tarhalindur. He was following instructions from Mighty Orbots, though, And I suppose a cult leader might have been willing to sacrifice a zombie. But if he inexplicably changed his track, he could've done the same with the redirect. Hmm.
Yes I thought about this as well, that he redirected that way to save himself, but there's been enough precedent of people not following "orders" and getting away with it, that he wouldn't need to, as long as he picked someone relatively scummy.

The other thing I thought of in the meantime, however, is that if they are both cult recruits and neither cult leader, then he wouldn't necessarily know who other recruits are and therefore might direct however he thought made him look the towniest without knowing what they would show up as.

Anyway, I do think this vig was the correct one, although I think waiting was also the right call. A lot of info came out in the meantime, and we have more from Tar to look at and think about regardless of its trustworthiness.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3865 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:05 am

Post by Faraday »

HMM WONDER WHAT TAR WILL FLIP.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3866 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:06 am

Post by Faraday »

EXCITING
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #3867 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:31 am

Post by Fate »

HE IS JUST THE APPETIZER, YOU ARE THE MAIN COURSE
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3868 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Faraday »

^^ OBV RECK ALT
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #3869 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Fate »

YOU'RE THE RECK ALT YOU STEMATA MCBASTARD ROLE
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3870 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Faraday »

BLAME DRAMONIC FOR THAT, THAT WAS RECK THE SCUMMY BASTARD.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3871 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by ooba »

V\LA for 2 days
Beholder
Beholder
Townie
Beholder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3872 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Beholder »

Day 6, Vote Count 4

Bright Sun Lottery

A new lottery begins, this one for only a single item. But other thoughts plague the minds of Sanctuary's remnant.

This VC is likely wrong.

2 Faraday
( 0 )
- Fate,
7 Fate
( 2 )
- VV, Mina
8 ooba
( 0 )
-
9 Mighty Orbots
( 0 )
-
10 Parama
( 0 )
-
12 totallynotmafia
( 0 )
-
14 VasudeVa
( 0 )
-
17 Nikanor
( 0 )
-
18 Mina
( 0 )
-
20 Katy
( 0 )
-
21 Tarhalindur
( 1 )
- Katy
23 Albatross
( 0 )
-
26 Iecerint
( 0 )
-
28 DTMaster
( 0 )
-
29 Sobriquet
( 0 )
-

Not Voting: 12
Deadline: August 24

---------------------------------

Suddenly while everyone is arguing
Tarhaliandur
falls over and dies. Someone walks up to him and cannot find any reason for his death.

The vote count has been reset.

---------------------------------

Day 6, Vote Count 5

Bright Sun Lottery

2 Faraday
( 0 )
-
7 Fate
( 0 )
-
8 ooba
( 0 )
-
9 Mighty Orbots
( 0 )
-
10 Parama
( 0 )
-
12 totallynotmafia
( 0 )
-
14 VasudeVa
( 0 )
-
17 Nikanor
( 0 )
-
18 Mina
( 0 )
-
20 Katy
( 0 )
-
23 Albatross
( 0 )
-
26 Iecerint
( 0 )
-
28 DTMaster
( 0 )
-
29 Sobriquet
( 0 )
-

Not Voting: 14

Results:
<21.> Tarhalidur was killed during day 6. He died of mysterious circumstances. His body has been placed in the morgue awaiting burial.

A role cop investigation was concluded on Tarhalidur after his mysterious death. The results show that he was Zombie Big Daddy.
Last edited by Beholder on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #3873 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Fate »

Vote: Faraday

^FIRST VOTE ON SCUM.

EVERYBODY FOLLOW SUIT. QUOTE IF YOU'RE LAZY
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3874 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I have not received a PM from Kinetic. /dance

Vote: Faraday

I think it's very likely that Faraday is non-town (well, more than normal) because he's the one who added that Tar had targeted me, and a hidden extra action from Tar doesn't make sense unless it's an infection.

Could be that there are gillions of infectionable parties and I just wasn't selected, though. in which case we should wait to see if someone claims "infected not converted" possibly.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”