Newbie 993 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:41 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Because I was getting really sick of this game and I wanted to prove I was town and shut them the **** up. But ya I shouldn't have done that.
#freeShotty
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Mysterio »

I'm playing in 5 games right now, and Shotty is in 3 of those 5 games. He has played like VI town in all 3 games. So far, he's only been lynched in one of those games, where he flipped scum. But looking at his meta, it really doesn't seem to matter if he's scum or not, this is just how he plays. At the moment, I'd be willing to support a policy lynch if that's the consensus. But as far as him being scum, I really couldn't tell you.
Chimp Pants wrote:No. You had an argument about right and wrong to which you incorrectly attached scum reads. Leech was right, wrong, or somewhere in between, but it had no bearing on his alignment. You took an issue that doesn't suggest alignment and used it to claim someone was scummy. Wrong does not necessarily equal scummy.
Someone claiming that his survival is not crucial as town is certainly making a point that has alignment implications. When the point of the game is to blend in as scum, making these kinds of comments can give away intentions. I pointed out the mislynch issue as a serious point about the scumminess of his comment, which you seem to be ignoring.
Chimp Pants wrote:Now you attempt to separate your suspicions of Hindu and Leech when your posts paint a different picture. You voted for Hindu because of Leech's post yet seemed to suspect Leech more than Hindu because Leech failed to vote for Hindu.
You've now repeated this same exact claim three times. Hopefully, you don't intend on simply repeating it for a fourth time, but I'll go ahead and respond to it again. My suspicion of Leech was NOT greater than my suspicion of Hindu at the time. I suspected Hindu for making a completely random scare post about mislynches when no one even brought it up, however the lack of vote by Leech made me question whether Leech was simply distancing or sincerely scumhunting. Distancing really isn't a sure fire scum read, which you seem to be treating it as. And as I said before, I eventually admitted it was a weak read and kept my vote on Hindu. Why would I do this if my suspicion of Leech was greater than my suspicion of Hindu?

The fact is you're stretching beyond reason at this point in order to support a bandwagon vote. Although, you've now changed your vote to the first person to act questionable since you joined the game. Which helps to prove my point.

@Thian I asked because your questioning seemed completely pointless to me, and still does. I didn't see a post where you previously explained your reasoning, so I apologize if I missed it. But you'll still need to explain how someone being cautious about their vote is scummy.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by startransmission »

Chimp Pants wrote:Follow bandwagons much?
I have said I wanted to iso people, and Steppen/shotty is a player I was asked about specifically. And yeah, him being in the position that he's in (briefly at L-1) makes him the natural choice to look at first.
Chimp Pants wrote:And for giggles and lack of context.... :P (This part is a joke)
Star wrote:Lemme shower and eat and I'll throw up...
Don't mock my eating disorder, it's a good way to keep my figure nice and slender.

Steppen
- I was amused by his first post pointing out the mild hypocrisy in Leech's statement that votes shouldn't be made for ridiculous reasons. I agree with his feeling about incognito theory being silly. Most of his interaction in the game was discussing random votes with Leech. Following the deluge of large fluffy posts he agrees with my sentiment that the WoT's were hurting discussion, saying that he felt he was falling behind. That leads to his opinion that D1 discussion can't be as effective as discussion during other days, due to lack of information, an opinion I only half agree with. When asked who he feels is scum, he doesn't offer an opinion. He thought it was unlikely that Leech and Mysterio were distancing, and that he was paying more attention to Leech, whom he gave a mild town read of.

Bottom Line- he commented on a few things, but gave little opinion on specific players. With not much to look at, I'm stuck with a null to town read. Then he's replaced by shotty.

drmyshottyizsic

Comes in with a pretty over the top reaction to the Mysterio wagon and requests people unvote. Shotty later explains that he thought Mysterio was at L-1, not L-2. Convinced that there is scum on the Mysterio wagon he looks at Leech who he feels could swing either way due to experience, and then he reads Illume, and comes up with nothing. He settles on Hinduragi, the reasons being active lurking followed by voting randomly followed by more active lurking. I personally do not feel that activity is any indicator of alignment ( :D ) but shotty apparently feels strongly about it and places his vote. Leech responds to shotty (and I agree with Leech's stance here) regarding his request that people unvote, and pointing out that shotty never really explained why people unvote despite somewhat acknowledging that Mysterio was scummy. My first reaction to his initial post was that it felt like an attempt by scum to appear townie via slowing down a wagon to appear like a cautious townie. It felt that way because of the tone, and because the lack any real explanation as to why he felt that the Mysterio wagon was a bad one. Anyways, no real need to go over what happens next. A series of bizarre, bewildering, and sometimes hilarious posts follow. His vote goes from Hinduragi to Msyterio, whom he apparently finds scummier as time goes by.

Here's what I think- I agree that Shotty is obviously a VI. Is he a town VI? I'm torn on that, and figuring out VI alignments can be near impossible. I don't think that putting himself at L-1 was an Appeal to Emotion. Not to be mean about it, but I don't think I can give him that much credit. My gut tells me to give him the benefit of the doubt and to consider him a frustrated townie that is... perhaps not getting across what's in his mind and as a result is coming off very badly. What I want to know from him is what he said he'd offer earlier, which is an explanation of exactly why he feels Mysterio is scum.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Ok here is my case on Mysterio

Mysterio wrote:Oh look, the game started.

I have to admit I'm intrigued by Leech's post. However, I wonder why you've heaped all this suspicion on Hinduragi, but haven't bothered to vote for him. Early distancing from scum buddies? As for my experience, I've played two games outside this forum, but this is my first game on MS. So I'm still pretty new and will probably ask a few noob questions here or there.

vote: Hinduragi
to pressure you for a defense from Leech's suspicions.
First thing he does is play the noob card, even though he has expirience(Please don't even insult my intellect by doing that again). Then he votes in a RVS so thats all cool.

Mysterio wrote:
Leech wrote:You will not see me change votes very often in this game. With the exception of the first vote of every game, I never change on a whim. I will change my vote when I think a person is scum, not because I find them to be suspicious.
Fair enough, but your first vote was clearly a "I have no one better to vote for" choice, whereas you actually have real suspicions about Hinduragi. It's a bit suspicious itself to keep a vote on anyone other than the person you find suspicious. It seems to me that simply muddles up the game even more. I'm really leaning toward the idea that you and Hinduragi are simply attempting to distance yourselves early, so that the rest of us will find it hard to believe that you are scum buddies.
Thian wrote:Hinduragi: This alone seems a bit off. It comes across to me as a way to make people feel unstable and second guessing themselves which can result in confusion and uncertainty.
Indeed. Even though I'm pretty new, that still seems to be fairly common knowledge and not really useful to point out. Other than for the scummie reasons you mentioned.
Ok then he says that, and I dislike. Only mafia wants people to only vote when they are 100% sure, that way the game goes no where and there is no pressure on the scum. The whole point of an RVS is to randomly vote. I have no comment on his second part of that post other than it is dumb.
Mysterio wrote:
Leech wrote:I find everyone suspicious. No one has said anything that gives me a town read. It's better, at this phase of the game, to be suspicious of every player in the game. Guilty until proven innocent is how I see everyone of you. As I said, I always start the game with a vote that's not really a "vote to lynch" but only move it when I believe someone is scum.
Again, I have no inherent problems with your playstyle. It sounds acceptable to me, but my issue comes from the fact that placing votes on people has an impact on how the game progresses. And when you leave frivolous votes on people, things tend to get out of hand fairly quickly. But perhaps that's simply due to my experience playing this game on another forum, so I'll back off for now.
There is a player on this forum named "Incognito" who developed a theory that the first person in every game to post, was scum. His theory didn't work every time, but had about a 50% success. Do the math: 2 players out of 9 = roughly a 22% chance of hitting scum. Considering his theory hit scum 50% of the time, it was the best choice I could make with absolutely no information on the table.

Sounds like confirmation bias to me.
You're
really
leaning towards a possibility this early in the game, when he hasn't even addressed my post?
My leanings have nothing to do with him. Your post was sufficient enough for me to join you in pointing the FoS at Hinduragi, but my scum buddy leaning has to do with you pointing the FoS, but refraining from voting. In the two games that I played, early distancing from each other by scum was a common tactic. However, I understand now that your non-vote has a fairly good reason behind it, and so I'm backing off my suspicion of you for now. As for my suspicion of Hinduragi, that will of course depend on his response.
Ok and here he acts all smart and like he knows everything, but he is still trying to use the noob card. The only reason he would need to do that is if he wanted to seem over town, and have people think oh he's just a noob I won't vote him even though he is scum.
Mysterio wrote:In my experience, switching votes does nothing to muddle up a game,
But Mysterio you said that you were a noob, and also you said that all it does is muddle up the game earlier. Please stop contradicting yourself.
Mysterio wrote:I see, wasn't sure if that last part was directed toward me or Leech. And yes, it was mostly to feel him out, since that's really the only viable strategy at this point for town. Currently, my only suspicion lies with Hinduragi, but depending on his response, that could change to a total "I have no clue" status for me.
Here he acts as if what he is doing is the only way to do thing, but that is thinking like scum trying to think like town.

Mysterio wrote: In the games that I've played, mislynches have yielded invaluable information. Just by looking at which players where gung-ho about the lynch, you can glean a lot of information in ISO. Obviously, your point about a second mislynch is well taken. And anyone who tries to go for an immediate second lynch based on who may have started the bandwagon also falls under suspicion, giving us multiple leads off one mislynch. However, I agree wholeheartedly that making light of a mislynch is a detriment to town, which is one of my main contentions with Leech. He may not mean for it, but his posts do come off as being extremely cavalier about town mislynches.
Ok here he contradicts himself even more, says a mislynch isn't bad. [Scream]WTF!?!?! ONLY MAFIA WANTS A MISLYNCH YOU MAY AS WELL HAVE SAID HEY LOOK I'M A F****** MAFIA PERSON, AND I WANT TO MISLYNCH PEOPLE AND NOW I AM TALKING ABOUT HOW TO GET AWAY WITH IT, AND THAT I CAN'T MISLYCH TWO DAYS IN A ROW WITH BEING OBV SCUM...
HE IS OBV SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/Scream]
Mysterio wrote: My main suspicion of Leech is due to the fact that scum tend to misdirect or confuse players as much as possible.
No scum want to portray themselves as town. If scum simply confused you then everyone would vote for the person who confused them, you are confusing me sir. And since you think that is what scumz do then you just called your self out.
Mysterio wrote: A lot of fluff against leech and a lot of bull shit for the next two pages.
I don't think I need to explain why that is scummy.

Then you forgot about the game........... wow. Active lurking the musical writen and produced by Mysterio

Then you call thian scummy and chimp scummy, but both of them had perfectly good points. You basicly OMGUS'd them which is scummy as hell.

And there's my case
#freeShotty
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Unvote; Vote: Chimp Pants
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:45 pm

Hinduragi wrote:
Unvote; Vote: Chimp Pants
why?
#freeShotty
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Shotty, you misrepresented my posts numerous times in your case against me. I don't have the time to address it now, but I'll get to it first thing tomorrow.
Chimp Pants
Chimp Pants
Goon
Chimp Pants
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Chimp Pants »

@Myst: I think we may be talking past each other on a few points.
Myst wrote:My suspicion of Leech was NOT greater than my suspicion of Hindu at the time. I suspected Hindu for making a completely random scare post about mislynches when no one even brought it up, however the lack of vote by Leech made me question whether Leech was simply distancing or sincerely scumhunting.
I can't evaluate what you're thinking when you write. I only have what you write. What you
wrote
seems focused almost exclusively on Leech while simultaneously voting for Hindu. As far as I can tell, you never articulated your opinion of Hindu (beyond citing Leech's post) while you were voting for him (if I misrememberized it, let me know; most of your content while voting for Hindu was the much maligned WOT battle with Leech). Just as you saw Leech not voting for his stated suspicions, I saw you doing the same. I'm willing to consider the possibility that you
thought
Hindu was scummy while appearing significantly more focused on Leech. Consider me "backing off" on this point for now. I'm "backing off..." "Backing off" now. :P "Back..."
Myst wrote:Someone claiming that his survival is not crucial as town is certainly making a point that has alignment implications. When the point of the game is to blend in as scum, making these kinds of comments can give away intentions. I pointed out the mislynch issue as a serious point about the scumminess of his comment, which you seem to be ignoring.
I'm "ignoring" Leech's comments about mislynches because I generally agree with them. Sure mislynches aren't fun, but tentative townies afraid of mislynching is far worse. Tentativeness causes townies to lose focus, waffle, and follow the whims of popular opinion. Scum can pretty easily follow or manipulate a wishy-washy town into repeated mislynches.
Losing focus means the scum win every time
. D1 lynches are mislynches most of the time. Scum win newbie games a little more than half the time. You do the math. My most recent completed game ended in a town win after D1 and D2 mislynches. I was the D2 mislynch but I'm still happy we won.

Beyond that, I don't think that either yours or Leech's position on mislynches has any indication of alignment.
Myst wrote:The fact is you're stretching beyond reason at this point in order to support a bandwagon vote. Although, you've now changed your vote to the first person to act questionable since you joined the game. Which helps to prove my point.
What point is that? That Shotty's obvscum bandwagon vote against his stated opinion is scummier than you? That's not exactly earth shattering. I've picked up some serious OMGUS vibes from you play thus far. I'm not sure yet if this is OMGUS-why-can't-they-see-I'm-town or OMGUS-he's-caught-me-shut-him-up. I'll have to do some more reads.

On Shotty and being a VI: Can a VI be self aware? Check his sig. I'll need to check his meta to see what this means for his alignment, but Shotty's playstyle is intentional.
Chimp Pants
Chimp Pants
Goon
Chimp Pants
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Chimp Pants »

DrShotty: To clear up any confusion, in what post(s) are you thinking about another game?
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Thian »

Mysterio: the amount of re-explanation and laziness in not reading and skimming over posts is rediculous at this point. I have had to explain myself 2 or 3 times already and have been accused of repeating myself. So please be warned I will be repeating things I have already stated.

Trachimbrod thinks its RVS says he will vote for Mysterio but won't place the vote because he doesn't want to pile on votes during RVS.

upon further discussion he says he does not want a lynch without proper discussion as found in the quote below
Trachimbrod wrote:I would not mind putting my name second, first, or last on a player that I think is scum. I am cautious, I see no reason not to be when we have time to spare for discussion.
If he is cautious here, what is he cautious about?

You were no where near being lynched with Leech being the only one on you voting at the time. We still would have had enough discussion. His concern of a lynch is not justified, there was no capability of being lynched that quick. 2 other people had to jump onto your bandwagon within the first 3 pages and then both scum would have had to be the L-1 and Hammer vote.

His caution being unjustified, looks contrived. The only reason why anyone would have an unjustified reason to be cautious would be scum to look "pro town" More often than not townies would be hesitant or cautious with valid reasons. this was not a valid reason.
Trachimbrod wrote: I was going to vote in RVS on a minor suspicion, but I felt that as the 2nd vote, it would have implied a gravity behind my vote that was not actually there.
Trachimbrod: What would putting a 2nd vote implied on you?

Note: I will be leaving for Vacation from 20 August to 23rd August to my cottage. I will have no internet access during this time V/LA or would it be V/NA?

I will be on hopefully this evening and during the day to post before 4pm EST other than that I am gone for 4 days.
~I told you it was a bad idea to tell her she smelt like hot dogs!~
Games Completed
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Screw it.

Unvote

Vote: Chimp Pants

It seems clear to me that no amount of back and forth is going to get you to stop repeating the same exact claims. As such, there's no reason for me to hold out my vote on you.

Response to Shotty's post first chance I get. I've been really busy since getting back.
Chimp Pants
Chimp Pants
Goon
Chimp Pants
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Chimp Pants »

@Myst: What
inaccurate
claims do I continue to repeat?

Is my characterization of your
stated
opinions relative to your vote inaccurate?
You voted for Hindu in post 26 and unvoted post 80. The only post that you even addressed Hindu while you were voting him was post 78. Based on post 80, it seems you actually intended to unvote Hindu in post 78 or 79. Post 78 doesn't seem to give a reason for your Hindu vote anyway. The only reason you gave for your Hindu vote was to cite Leech's post 25.

So my claim that you never articulated
why
you voted for Hindu while voting for him is accurate.

So are you voting for me based on disagreements over mafia theory? Is there anything in my position about mislynches that indicates
alignment
? Or are you voting for me simply because I'm repeating myself?

Going back to post 78: It is a bit interesting that you characterize Hindu's "don't mislynch anyone" statement as a "somewhat obvious game tip" when discussing the town's concerns over it. A number players, including myself, seem to suggest the exact opposite- that actively trying to avoid mislynches isn't good for the town. Otherwise, no-lynches would be a viable D1 strategy, but they're not (they are
very
bad). Avoiding mislynches rather than seeking to lynch scum makes this game much harder for the town.
Myst wrote:The fact is you're stretching beyond reason at this point in order to support a bandwagon vote. Although, you've now changed your vote to the first person to act questionable since you joined the game. Which helps to prove my point.
Please explain what your point is here that's been "proved." Isn't is pro-town to vote for the player that I think is scum?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Shotty: What do you think of Brod?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:11 am

Kirbyoshi wrote:Shotty: What do you think of Brod?
Not to scummy, sorry for no long explaination. I shattered my foot and will have limitted acess until my surgery
#freeShotty
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Leech »

Sorry for the delay guys, been really busy. Didn't post in any of my games for a couple days so I've had a hell of a time catching up. Thankfully (sadly, actually) this one is far easier.

@Star why are you still in this game? Out of your 12 posts 9 of them have either been completely fluff of promising to post later. You are not living up to this. Even if you are scum in this game, active lurking, you still are not being a good IC. Normally, I wouldn't bring this up, but it is getting ridiculous. The sad thing is that when you actually do provide content, you jump on shotty instead of commenting on any of the other fallacies that are going on in this thread. You jump on to build a case instead of actually help? I don't like that, at all. I'm trying to be as respectful as I can here, but I think you should request replacement.

@Hinduragi: You need to explain that vote. Active lurking and now posting a vote without reason? That's just horrible play.

@Chimp Pants/Mysterio: You guys are having the same exact exchange that happened earlier. If everyone agreed it was counter-productive why has it returned? I, obviously, agree with the points that Chimp is making due to the fact I've made them before, but absolutely nothing new is being added to the table. It's impossible to tell if Chimp is just parroting me, or if he believes what he's saying.

@Kirby: Every game I've read in your wiki you have ALWAYS been more active and engrossed in conversation than you are in this game. Why are you doing fuck all? It's near deadline and you simply ask what a player thinks of another? That's it? Seriously?

@Shotty: You are a distraction and your meta proves that you will never be a help in this game. In fact you even said you self-voted to "prove the town wrong" which is incredibly stupid if you are town. If you're town then a self-vote is the one vote you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, is voting for a townie. You'll willingly do that? Just, horrible.

I'm voting to policy lynch, because it's one of the very few policies I believe in:

Unvote; Vote: drmyshottyizsik

You guys need to take some drastic measures or the scum is going to trump this game. This is just ridiculous.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:48 am

Leech a day one policy lynch is dumb, and would only help the scum. You just gained a lot of scum points with me.
#freeShotty
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Leech »

Most policy lynches you would be correct. Lynching a distraction that has a meta of not helping the town regardless of alignment can only help the town. Also day 1 is, arguably, the only place where a policy lynch would be viable. We lack any flips or seriously substantial information (not due to lack of trying), so if there's ever a time to do it, it's day 1. I'm not policy lynching for something stupid, I'm policy lynching a distraction. Keeping the distractions are what helps the scum.

Also, there's a wifom factor that I hadn't mentioned before, but I'll explain it now. If you are town, scum wouldn't kill you. If you are scum, you're obviously not going to kill yourself in the night. The fact is, you would survive until the end of the game with the town continually trying to figure out if you're just living up to your VI meta, or if you are scum. I don't want to have to deal with that this entire game. You could be scum, you have played ridiculously scummy. The fact that actually matches both your scum and your town meta, however, is not a reason to keep you alive in this game.

Just to clarify I do not; lynch all liars, lynch all lurkers, lynch all _____, unless it's a distraction. I will lynch all distractions as they are detrimental to the town making progress and winning this game. When your town meta is to look as scummy as you can and be absolutely no help at all, constantly contradict yourself, post fluff, and do nothing to benefit the town in anyway... you can be damn sure I will policy lynch that. Every. Single. Time.

Lastly, it's blatantly obvious that anyone that says anything against you gains a lot of scum points with you, so it was only a matter of time. Next time learn to actually play the game, and we can avoid this entire situation. Let's face the facts of the matter. If you are town, you are playing a horrible town game. If you are scum, you're actually playing worse. No matter what you are playing against your win condition due to your style. So, why am I so wrong for policy lynching you?

Hint: I'm not.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Mysterio »

@Shotty

First of all, "playing the noob card" in a newbie game would be redundant. Those not identified as IC's or SE's are assumed to be newbies, since that's what these games are for. Second of all, I
never
claimed that I was new to mafia. I even mentioned that I've played a few games on another forum. I specifically stated that I was new to MS (this website, if you didn't understand the acronym), which is obviously true. That is misrepresentation #1.

Next, you claim that I only want people to vote when they are "100% sure". This is contradicted by
every single post I've made in this game.
I criticized Leech for not switching his vote, I then criticized the non-voters for not putting up a vote. In fact, your argument is pretty similar to mine. I'll first quote your argument:
Shotty wrote:Only mafia wants people to only vote when they are 100% sure, that way the game goes no where and there is no pressure on the scum.
Now I'll quote my argument:
Mysterio wrote:Vote or don't vote, but you should know that not voting means the game doesn't progress. So, at some point you should vote if for no other reason than to put pressure on that person. Depending on how they respond, you can keep your vote on them or unvote. Refraining from voting completely just makes the game stagnant.
It's almost as if you read my argument and then tried to use it against me. Misrepresentation #2.

Next, you accuse me of contradicting myself by saying that changing votes doesn't muddle up the game. Where exactly is this contradiction? I maintained my position that switching votes is fine, it's only when you don't vote or keep your vote on people without updating it do things get muddled. Misrepresentation #3.

Next, you claim that I think my way is the only way to do things, and then conclude that is scummy. First, you're essentially saying that me arguing my position makes me look scummy. So, I would like for you to explain why I can't argue my position when I think I'm right, and how arguing my position makes me scummy. Not a misrepresentation, but definitely an incredibly weak case here.

Next, you accuse me of not having any problems with mislynches. Really? Did you miss the whole back and forth between me and Leech where
I'm
the one arguing that mislynches are generally not good? You took a statement that acknowledged some usefulness in mislynches and blew it up to mean that I think mislynches are perfectly fine. Misrepresentation #4.

Next, you accuse me of being confusing. lol, you really do live up to the VI title.

Finally, you accuse me of OMGUS by calling both Chimp and Thian scummy and . First of all, I never called Thian scummy. Second, how is that OMGUS? That implies voting for someone who has voted you simply out of revenge with no reasoning. Thian hasn't voted for me and I haven't voted for him. Chimp made repeat arguments against me and I still didn't vote for him until after giving him 3 chances to explain himself. Misrepresentation #5.

In conclusion, I think policy lynching Shotty may is probably a decent move. However, I'm leaving my vote on Chimp because he has continued to make repeat accusations, even though he's not actually voting for me anymore. Which goes to show that he's not even scumhunting, but simply desperately defending a bandwagon vote.
Chimp Pants
Chimp Pants
Goon
Chimp Pants
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Chimp Pants »

Myst wrote:However, I'm leaving my vote on Chimp because he has continued to make repeat accusations, even though he's not actually voting for me anymore. Which goes to show that he's not even scumhunting, but simply desperately defending a bandwagon vote.
I'll repeat my question then. What repeated accusations that I've made are inaccurate? Concerning point two: How does my vote for Shotty prove that I'm not scum hunting but rather engaging in a desperate defense of a band wagon vote?

@Shotty: Please tell us which posts contain your confusion about Myst and Black Mist.

@Brod: Since you're soon to be returning from V/LA, I'll ask again. What do you hope to obtain with your self imposed voting policy?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:37 pm

223-228
#freeShotty
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by startransmission »

Leech wrote:@Star why are you still in this game? Out of your 12 posts 9 of them have either been completely fluff of promising to post later. You are not living up to this. Even if you are scum in this game, active lurking, you still are not being a good IC. Normally, I wouldn't bring this up, but it is getting ridiculous. The sad thing is that when you actually do provide content, you jump on shotty instead of commenting on any of the other fallacies that are going on in this thread. You jump on to build a case instead of actually help? I don't like that, at all. I'm trying to be as respectful as I can here, but I think you should request replacement.
I love some good self-righteous indignation. But I agree, I'm not participating at a level that I should be. Nonetheless, I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. I'll provide, but I'll play this game at the pace that I decide and that is within the rules. My activity will snowball as the game continues, especially as this will soon enough be my only game and my activity spikes after D1. I don't really engage in D1 much, rarely have. That would be different if my experience were needed to pick the game up or if players needed the benefit of my experience in order to grasp the game etc. But that's not really the case in this game.

By the way, I didn't "jump" on shotty. I was specifically asked about his slot in the game, and I responded. I did not cast a vote or pile on him. I gave my opinion. Even if I hadn't been asked specifically about my opinion on that slot, I would have offered it, as it seemed his lynch was dangerously close. And, as I pointed out in my previous post, I have chosen to give Shotty the benefit of the doubt. I felt explaining my thought process on him was important. Where exactly do you see me jumping on his case? What other fallacies do you expect me to comment on? That's a vague criticism. Ask me a specific question.
Leech wrote:You guys need to take some drastic measures or the scum is going to trump this game. This is just ridiculous.
@This and the rest of this post. Stop preaching, it doesn't come off as necessarily townie, and if anything you're going to turn people off. You speak of drastic measures, but then endorse a policy lynch?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Okay, I think we need another vote count. The mod hasn't posted since the 15th (he mentioned being stuck at the airport, so perhaps he's just V/LA), so I'm posting a vote count just so I can keep track of where the game stands.

drmyshottyizsik(4): Chimp Pants, Thian, Kirbyoshi, Leech
Chimp Pants (2): Hinduragi, Mysterio

Not Voting(3): drmyshottyizsik, startransmission, trachimbrod

Shotty is at L-1.

@Star/Brod, you guys plan on voting for someone? You can't tell me you guys have null reads still.

@Shotty, you unvoted me and voted for yourself, but then unvoted. Do you still plan on voting for me? If so, what do you have to say about my reply to your post?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Vote Mysterio

Sorry I meant to do that in my mega post.
#freeShotty
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Okay, so what about my reply to your post?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

shotty wrote:Not to scummy, sorry for no long explaination. I shattered my foot and will have limitted acess until my surgery
Wow, that like really sucks, for real. Don't rush yourself, but I'd like an explanation of why he's not scummy before you're lynched. Also, I had a point to that question, but I lost it. I'll look for it and post it when you post your answer.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”