Mini 1000: The Brave and the Beautiful (Game Over)

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by bv310 »

I figured Muffin was lying before going into the QT, then was surprised when MoI confirmed his role. To be honest, alot of my reasoning was based on gut and flavour speculation.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:59 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Response to Kast on Page 53.

Kast wrote:-I think your attempt to lynch me now is to force through a mislynch before I get confirmed as town. You claim your attempt is simply to lynch suspected scum. We disagree on this.
Think what you wish. I’ve pressed for your lynch (not mislynch, nice subtle AtE there) because I think Shotty’s play is at the most charitable suspect and your attacks on me which amount to flavor and mod speculation / outguessing are scummy.

Please demonstrate how Neto flipping scum Confirms you as Town? It’s possible you are a Serial Killer who had his kill blocked Night 2 and Night 3. Given that you claim to have ‘failed’ on killing Muffin and Iec claims a protect on my Night 3 it is a possibility.

I think you are trying to get me (with Muffin as your second choice) lynched for the same reason you stated above – our abilities are confirmable and thus position us as strong Town presences.
Kast wrote:-You claim that my expectation for Neto to have a delayed flip betrays a failure to read the rules (and potentially an attempt to trick others) is invalid. The rules and mod evidence actually support my expectation.
Yet you’ve never explained why you expect Neto’s flip (from the same Day 1 / Night 1 cycle) to be delayed longer than millar’s if they are both scum. Again … you are engaging in Mod speculation and asserting I’m scummy if I don’t buy your unprovable speculation.

You also haven’t addressed the possibility that millar’s flip is not simply delayed but a function of a player PR. It is possible we have some sort of gravedigger.
Kast wrote:1. Your targets combined with your reasons for those targets are inconsistent with your other stated beliefs. Inconsistencies between claimed night choices and in-thread beliefs are a fairly reliable scum-tell indicating a botched false claim. Example: You propose that Fur investigate Shotty to catch a probable liar. However, you yourself do not investigate your suspect Shotty, and instead investigate a player you are not suspicious of.
Are you now the one not reading? I explained clearly my original plan. My plan was to have Furc investigate Shotty while I stole from him. This would allow me to see Shotty’s main power while testing Furc’s honestly as I would know what results he should show. For me this was a way to get a better handle on whether Furc is scum or just a classic VI.

When Ythan’s claim and Muffin’s subsequent claim appeared the agreement from Furc for my plan disintegrated. Thus I decided to confirm Muffin’s ability (which would confirm him 99.99% in my eyes). This also has the side effect of giving me a more likely than not scum read on Furc since I know I am Town and Muffin is almost certainly Town. Furc is likely scum based on the balance issues you have spoken about.
Kast wrote:Please ask SaintK or RC about the flavor results.
I did. The result (from RC) is paraphrased as “some abilities may affect playes in different ways, and I will not say any more on that specific issue".
Kast wrote:-It is contradictory to claim that proven abilities has absolutely no bearing on determining a player's alignment (your claim wrt Fur), but to also claim that proven abilities can have a bearing on determining a player's alignment (your claim wrt Neto).
You again ignored most of what I wrote in the response. Strawmanning again. Abilities of a player that are confirmed to me BY THE MOD (via my power) are much stronger evidence than claimed abilities made in thread with no MOD confirmation when I am exercising personal judgement. Note that the only way we have proof that Furc’s ability is proven is my word. He’s never been able to provide results.

Once again my ability to make informed judgement calls based on MOD confirmed information (to me) isn't inconsistent with not trusting non-Mod provided information.
Kast wrote:-The mafia kill is factional
-Factional abilities do not appear to your thief power
-Kast is mafia with a special kill ability
THEN:
-Investigating Kast will reveal the special kill ability which will implicate Kast as mafia (and potentially block the mafia kill).
Are you suggesting that Mafians have special kill abilities above and beyond their regular Factional kill? I find that very unlikely.

A more proper assessment of the situation is –

The mafia kill is factional
-Factional abilities do not appear to your thief power
-Kast is mafia with other abilities / no other abilites and a factional kill
THEN:
-Investigating Kast will reveal his other abilities (if any) but will not show a factional kill.

To summarize my position on the “generic death” flavor.

I believe Destroyed is a generic flavor used when someone is lynched or some dies while not being directly targeted for death.

I believe that direct kills have specific flavor (Shot, Torn to Shreds) that is specific to each person with a kill ability.

This is my opinion. I think Theme game history leads this to be a solid conclusion.
Kast wrote:-You ignored Shotty (your top scum read) and Fur (your second scum read). Instead you investigated players you expressed no suspicion of {Muffin, Neto, BV}.
--Are you disputing that Shotty and Fur were your top two scum reads?
--Are you claiming that any of {Muffin, Neto, BV} were part of your top suspects?
No, I didn’t ignore Furc. I had already confirmed his ability as Ability Cop. Confirming Muffin as a valid Alignment Cop means Furc is likely scum.

Scanning a hard to read lurker over a scummy player is good Cop play. Your argument that good Alignment Cops catch scum is valid. However you can’t show how scanning a tough read can’t lead to finding scum.

Obviously Shotty wasn’t a suspect for me until Day 2 when he claimed the kill I believe was possibly Mafian. His play was scummy so wasting a Alignment scan on someone I want lynched is a bad play IMO. So no, I didn’t ignore Shotty either.

Stealing from Muffin either 99.99% confirms he is Town or catches a fake-claiming scum Cop. You may portray this as bad decision making but it’s a good decision IMO.
Kast wrote:I have explained and provided evidence for my assertions.
You’ve provided opinions (mostly based on set-up / mechanics speculation) that doesn’t rise to the level of evidence in my eyes. I’m not going to spend more time arguing theoreticals with you.
Kast wrote:You have repeatedly tried to claim that kill flavor is not actually a game mechanic tied with the actual kill. You have inconsistently, been forced to admit that kill flavor is tied to the source of the kill.
No, I’ve argued the the flavor of Spyrex’s death is an indication of the Grapple Beam effect. You’ve argued that it is the result of a generic Mafia kill while also arguing that specific flavor exists for your claimed Vig kill.
Kast wrote:Actually, I've never played with or encountered a Hider role before. Thank you for expanding my repertoire.
Given you’ve been at MS for over a year more than I have yet have never seen the Hider role used (or even claimed / referenced) I find hard to believe. That said I don’t have the energy to go through your game history to find if you are lying.
Kast wrote:If you claimed Grapple Beam changes a targets name to "AppleBee" but claimed target's name did not change to "AppleBee", then it is not outguessing the mod to assume the mod's failure to conform to the claimed ability is indication that the person claiming the ability is a liar.
That’s a false argument. I claimed that the Grapple Beam caused the target to also be affected by abilities used on the Grapple Beam user.

It’s outguessing the Mod to assume that the Shot flavor MUST be duplicated by the Grapple Beam. You can’t assert that the MOD can’t use a generic death flavor the same as a lynch in that situation and not having it be 'outgessing the MOD".
Kast wrote:1.3. Mislynching the inactive town vigilante before he can be confirmed is one reason for you to come forth, especially if you have no idea who he will target (and did not know he was out of kills) and
he already killed your buddy who nobody else suspected. Getting momentum against the rolecop who is publicly suspicious of you is another good reason for your gambit.
Bolded for emphasis.

Repeatedly asserting that Neto is scum simply doesn’t make it true. Sorry. You haven’t provided any evidence that isn’t opinion statements amounting to ‘he wasn’t playing logical as he says he does’ and ‘he must be scum because he was third on a wagon’.

Furc’s suspicion of me is because he’s likely scum and has no choice but to go after his detractors. Not to mention that fact that his Ability Cop status conflicts with Muffins Alignment Cop status. Both are probably not town. You of course see Muffin as scum. I know as certainly as I can that he isn’t and thus feel Furc is likely scum.
Kast wrote:-Your vote for millar is probably a bus. Millar is a weak player, he's perfect as a sacrificial mafian.
Once again you suggest that my suspicion and vote for millar, which persisted much of the day (like Muffins) is likely bussing while Furc’s desperation hammer makes him Town.

@EVERYONE
– I’d like your opinion on Kast’s presentation of my and Muffin’s play regarding millar as bussing.
Kast wrote:Are you expecting me to defend Shotty's play and/or comment on your thoughts? For now I'm ignoring that section and assuming it's simply meant to convince others and attack me for things I can't defend. (Is it scumtastic when MoI attacks someone who is not here, or does that only apply when Kast does it?)
Just because you replaced into a slot does not mean you get a ‘free pass’ on the scummy play of your predecessors. Comment on my observations as you wish.

Nice false argument. The difference between attacking a player who is Dead (and thus has no replacement to challenge your attacks) and attacking the play of a prior slot occupant is clear. I can’t believe you would suggest otherwise.
Kast wrote:@MoI/Muffin-
-What do you think about Shotty-SK claiming that he has no more kills?
I think it’s an unprobable claim. You’ve already admitted that your kill on Muffin failed. Having a potential kill on me (your other suspect) blocked Night 3 isn’t out of the question. A Serial Killer could certainly claim that opportunistically based on the N2 and N3 outcomes. Null in my eyes.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:30 am

Remainder Catch-Up
Furc wrote:Don't spend too much time on it, because I am honestly town aligned
Read the bet again Furc. I suggest nothing about YOUR alignment. The bet is solely predicated on your statement that I am Scum. Whether you are Town or not has no bearing on the outcome of the bet. When my alignment of Town is confirmed (either during or after the game) you will have lost.

Hope you like what I pick out for you.
Furc wrote:it's all too WIFOM to even make a case on really
I'm keeping my vote on MoI
Why start making cases now? Just stick with your non-content posts like always.
Furc wrote:explain your reasons considering i'm the only reason we've caught any scum at all
What color is the sky in your world? Seriously … attempting to take any credit for millar lynch based solely on a hammer when plenty of others said they would do so is just plain stupid.
Iec wrote:Why are you voting Furc on that basis over Kast or me?
Why did you choose to include yourself in that list but exlude Kdub as a potential scum?
Iec wrote:3. You have ignored Kast's suggestion that MoI could have Rikku-consistent abilities while being some other character (like, any evil-aligned Thief female).
Bv310 has MOD confirmation from the title of our QT (which contains the phrase Rikku’s Quarters) that I am Rikku.
Iec wrote:Huh? Muffin's been voting Kast on your team for ages. That's what I'm referring to.
In that case it would be a big bus. Obviously I see little possibility that Muffin is scum.

Please comment on the Kast’s assertions that Muffin and I ‘bussed’ millar Day 1. Because if you see Muffin’s vote on Kast today as an epic bus (and unlikely) what is your opinion of the likelihood of a Day 1 bus?
Kdub wrote:Magna, can you confirm this?
I can confirm that bv310’s alignment was confirmed to me by my scan. I get no Mod confirmation of his name or powers or anything else when using my ‘Befriend’ ability.
Kast wrote:I don't think MoI is telling the truth about Grapple Beam; it would mean he was both careless and taking extreme liberties with his description. Neither of those fit the rest of his playstyle.
Seeing your explanation of ‘carelessness’ I find that pretty weak reasoning to suggest I’m lying. Also, since we have never played together please indicate how it is inconsistent with my playstyle? If you have done meta research to make that assessment what does that meta research indicate about my alignment.
Kast wrote:From a flavor standpoint, the Grapple Beam in Metroid games doesn't really have a similar effect to what MoI is claiming. The closest thing would be the SSB Grapple Beam used as a grab. And while players can die while grabbed, but that's only a result of being hit by an attack or item, not from some inherent tie with Samus.
Because every flavor based translation must exactly replicate the source power :roll:

Seriously does everyone else not see how scummy a statement this is?
Kast wrote:I KNOW that my kill flavor would carry over to any flat-out redirection abilities. I also KNOW it would carry over to any flat-out copying abilities. I KNOW that it would carry over to the Grapple Beam IF the Grapple Beam ability works the way MoI initially described it. Obviously he can later claim he messed up his paraphrase, but it loses major credibility at that point.
If RC refused to confirm the situation to you (as you have stated in 1328) then how do you KNOW?
Kast wrote:-Please explain what you meant by this:
It’s pretty simple. Bv310 has claimed to have targeted you with his ability that Night. He informed me of this in the QT.
Kast wrote:@MoI-
-Assuming your "second" ability is neighborizing, why neighborize with an unknown town lurker (BV) instead of neighborizing with a confirmed cop (Muffin)?
I’ve explained this already in my quick response but to be clear –

1. bv310 had been scanned by me already so he was a Town scanned lurker, not an unknown. Bonus scum points for trying to assert otherwise.
2. Muffin’s Alignment Cop was confirmed by my steal. As a real Cop he was likely a N3 kill target for scum.
3. Thus neighborizing a player more likely to live while still going with a confirmed player was the sound choice.

@MOD - After 4pm EDT today I'll be V/LA until Monday morning. This weekend my family is going out of Town and I will have zero access.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:27 am

Post by Kast »

@MoI-
tl;dr

I started, but after the first line shows you have zero intention of discussing and only intend to repeat yourself, it's not worth my time. Enjoy your vacation. If you have anything new that needs a response, please post it in a legible form.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:54 am

Kast wrote:@MoI-
tl;dr

I started, but after the first line shows you have zero intention of discussing and only intend to repeat yourself, it's not worth my time. Enjoy your vacation. If you have anything new that needs a response, please post it in a legible form.
Ok, sorry your time is so valuable.

Everything I have posted is clearly legible. If you are aren't willing to read I'll consider us at an impasse.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Iecerint »

MoI, the main problem I have with your ideas is that I think there is close to 0% probability that Kast is scum because we know he killed someone else when Ythan died. I think you would've realized that this is pretty objective and straightforward and would have adjusted your theorizing appropriately if you were town. As it stands, it looks like you're disappointed that your perfectly-structured frame didn't pan out, so you're continuing to say it over and over out of indignance or something.

What annoys me is that Kast's Neto-is-scum theory is nearly as odd -- it's not QUITE as low-probability as Kastscum, since Kast could only be an SK, and even then not really. Saving grace is that failing to believe that Neto was scum makes a bigger plothole with the kill flavor, so I can almost forgive it. But this is something I agree with you on.

The only way I could see Kast as non-town is if Ythan were a scum Beloved Princess who gave town a deathless night after her death (or something). In other words, I think it's not even worth considering that both scumkill and SKill were blocked without divine intervention. I am willing, hypothetically, to lose the game on the back of banking on such an improbable event not having happened.

I had no recollection that Kdub was a major force, rhetorical or otherwise, behind the Robo half-lynch. I remembered me because it was me.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:00 am

Iecerint wrote:MoI, the main problem I have with your ideas is that I think there is close to 0% probability that Kast is scum because we know he killed someone else when Ythan died. I think you would've realized that this is pretty objective and straightforward and would have adjusted your theorizing appropriately if you were town. As it stands, it looks like you're disappointed that your perfectly-structured frame didn't pan out, so you're continuing to say it over and over out of indignance or something.
So you don't see any way Kast could be a SK? I just want to be clear on that. I don't think we have one for reasons that I've stated before but my theories are just theories on that end.

I'm not sure what exactly the last part means. Are you suggesting that starting today I didn't have any reason to suspect Shotty / Kast? The use of the word frame indicates you think I'm scum.

As to 'continuing to say it over and over' the only think I am constantly repeating is defense of myself given Kast's speculation based attacks. If that makes me scummy so be it.

And if you think I must immediately swing my mindset away from Kast based on matching flavor based information I will disagree with you. I trust Muffin's accounts given that he is cleared Town in my mind. That said I'm still troubled by the fact that this kill of Muffin has no claimed reason as to why it didn't happen. And by the fact that Kast's slot chose Muffin as the N2 target.

I certainly have no protective abilities. You have not claimed protecting Muffin. Muffin has not claimed passive or other protective abilities and has no reason to lie. Kast obviously didn't protect him. bv310 has claimed that he didn't target Muffin with his abilities and based on my scan of him I trust he is Town and thus has no reason to lie. Furc has not claimed to have protected Muffin. That leaves on Kdub as a reason why Muffin is alive. If he hasn't claimed protection why is Muffin alive. That fact troubles me enough that I am not going to just 'drop it' based on flavor alone.

A couple of questions for you -

1. What is your impression of Kast's bussing statements regarding myself and Muffin and millar on Day 1. Do you think our interactions with millar Day 1 represent bussing?
2. Do you consider me Town? You obviously did up until today based on your claimed N3 protect. If yes do you think Kast's 'thinking' should have corrected based on all the information provided (as you asserted mine should have)? If not I'd like to see reasons (other than your stated reason for not liking my questioning of Kast) why you think so.

@Kdub
- Do you claim protection of Muffin N2?

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Iecerint »

So...you think that Muffin saying he was shot at but not killed after Shotty said he shot at Muffin but it didn't work was JUST A COINCIDENCE?

WAT.

1. No, I don't think your statements about millar look like bussing, not even if I look at them through confirmation bias lenses. I thought you were town up until I realized that Kast could NOT be scum (unless the above OR Muffin-Kast, which I don't think is likely because Muffin would've had to have been bussing Kast most of D4 IIRC), and you kept going on about it even after the fact.
2. At this point, no, I don't consider you town. I would have voted for you a long time ago under any normal circumstances, except that I was so sure you were town before. I think Kast has engaged me when I presented him with evidence that Neto is probably not scum whereas it's seemed more like you've ignored me.

What makes you think I don't like you asking Kast questions?

That said, figuring out why Muffin didn't die N2 is probably a good idea.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Kast »

@Iec-
-Regarding your disbelief of Neto as scum; that is not required for MoI to be scum. MoI-scum could have completely invented the whole Grapple Beam ability (it's hardly what Samus is known for; certainly less than her standard Power Beam or her Bombs).

-My best guess about Muffin surviving N2 is that MoI is lying about his ability and that the role-block/power stealing is also a jailkeeper effect. Some evidence to support this theory is BV's attempt to target Fur getting blocked/nulled/whatever as a result of MoI's action.

Interestingly enough, BV admits it is a result of MoI's interference. I'm not sold yet on BV/MoI scum team; I think it's quite likely that BV has never before had the misfortune of a scum neighborizer picking him as a conversation buddy.

@MoI-
It does look like we are at an impasse; has looked like that for some time now.

Lynch MoI:
Kast: Strongly believes you are scum.
Fur: Strongly believes you are scum.
Iec: Weighed the evidence, eventually concluded you are prolly scum.

Do Not Lynch MoI:
MoI: Obviously opposed.
BV: Thinks MoI is confirmed town.
Muffin: ...believes BV?...dunno why he's opposed actually; I think Muffin just really wanted to lynch me and tunneled, but the evidence forced him to admit to himself that I'm prob-town.

Undecided:
Kdub- Indecisive. Please make a choice, there's lots of info available already. Your questions to BV have already been answered.
Show

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:13 am

A parting word before I leave today -

If I am lynched while V/LA look make note of my wagon. I guarentee both remaining scum (or three if Kast is a Serial Killer) are very likely there.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Iecerint »

Samus's Grapple Beam is her throw in Smash Bros. If RC is someone like me who hasn't really played the Metroid games much, but knows of her through that franchise, I could see Grapple Beam, or some kind of "Grapple" ability, as being one of the ones chosen.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: knows of her
best
through that franchise.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Kast »

@MoI-
I doubt you'll be lynched over the weekend. I'm certainly not advocating that Kdub vote/hammer you without giving you a last chance to claim anything you left out.

@Iec-
Agree that what was claimed sounds based off the SSB version of Samus. My personal thoughts are that the Grapple Beam MoI claimed is a modified version of an actual ability his scum-buddy has. He quite possibly had a second (or even third) ability beyond that.
Show

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Iecerint »

If either bv or Kdub claims something tomorrow that would've cleared something from today up, I will be EXTREMELY cross.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Furcolow »

Read the bet again Furc. I suggest nothing about YOUR alignment. The bet is solely predicated on your statement that I am Scum. Whether you are Town or not has no bearing on the outcome of the bet. When my alignment of Town is confirmed (either during or after the game) you will have lost.
That's not the bet I thought I was taking. I thought I was taking one that I lost if *I* was scum. I am not taking this bet, then, because I am honestly not sure what alignment you are.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Kast »

@Whatif...Neto was town?-
I have given thought to this, though don't think I've shared most of these thoughts:
-It would mean MoI still has a buddy (probably the other guy doing the role blocking).
--Counter point is that it is unlikely for mafia to have two RBs.
--Slightly mitigated if this game is no-VT
-Most likely buddies would be Kdub or BV.
--Kdub is doing his lurking/indecisive thing which could mean he's busy or could mean he's scum. Intentional lurking is a tool he uses as scum (that he would not use as town). It's hard to say whether he is doing it intentionally or not. He's also the most likely person behind the unclaimed RBs (everyone else has claimed not being the RBer), though if he claims he did not do them, then we know they are scum controlled (or really bad town).
--BV is going really far to defend MoI on very little evidence. QT titled with a character name is not automatically confirmation that the player inside is the named character (a scum neighborizer whose neighbor QT title revealed that he was Evil would be a pretty pointless power). We also do not know whether all scum have antagonist (Evil) characters; it is possible Rikku could be scum.
Show

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Furcolow »

I've just caught up. I love to see MoIscum flailing in rising water.
Pretty sure we're going to win, and only have 1 scum remaining. Hell, MoI could be the last scum.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Furcolow »

-It would mean MoI still has a buddy (probably the other guy doing the role blocking).

Can't roleblocker be a town role?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Kdub »

No I did not protect Muffin on N2.

Sorry if I seem indecisive, but there's a ton of info to take in and trying to sort through all of it is making me constantly second-guess myself. I've basically decided to just ignore my reads and focus only on the objective facts in order to figure things out.

Assuming we trust the mod's flavor that Muffin provided, indicating that Muffin was indeed shot at on N2, then Kast is not mafia for the reasons Iec stated. Could he be an SK? Yes, but I do not think we can lynch him today if that is the case. Assume Kast is the SK. Then he cannot kill tonight, or else he will have exposed himself as a liar. Furthermore, if he actually is an SK, the mafia probably really want him to be lynched, otherwise they have to deal with him at night eventually. SK-Kast is a huge problem for them, and he may draw their NK tonight because he is such a threat. Obviously, Kast could also be telling the truth. Either way, I will not support a Kast lynch today. We need to hit mafia.

The nature of Magna's abilities leads me to believe that canonical alignment is not necessarily indicative of alignment in this game. If he can confirm himself as "Rikku", and he is stealing abilities like "grapple beam" (which other female character uses that other than Samus?), he can basically clear two town (or alternatively, catch two scum) and confirm himself if it were known that protagonists = town in this game. That seems extremely powerful. The reason I asked bv if he was also confirmed to Magna was that if so, that would mean Magna could confirm
three
players, and I would feel that it would be an unrealistically powerful town role and I would feel better about a Magna lynch. Turns out that is not the case, so I'm a bit more apprehensive, but anyway.

There is also the kill flavor inconsistency on N1, which I still am not quite satisfied with. The main issue I have with a Magna lynch is that, like Iec, I had a town read on him earlier, and his role claim seemed detailed enough that he would be taking a big risk by exposing himself to inconsistencies in his claim. I guess the kill flavor is a flaw in the claim, but everything else seems to hold up in light of the actions claimed by Fur/Muffin/bv. But as I said, I think I need to stick with the objective information in the game given the facts so far. Since Kast is definitely not the lynch, I am willing to support lynching Magna. If Magna is scum, then bv has a good chance of being scum. Magna's claim of "clearing" bv with Muffin's stolen ability, as well the details of the neighborizer claim and them supporting each others' claimed actions, make a lot of sense if they are lying.

Furcolow seems like a reasonable "compromise" lynch. He's been useless, and I've basically tuned him out at this point. My main concern is that lynching him today will leave us in the exact same situation tomorrow (Magna vs. Kast) with no new information, except that it might be lylo. His ability has also been confirmed, so he is not the mafia roleblocker. I will agree with his lynch if there is no support for a Magna lynch.

I still dislike Iecerint's claimed targets on N2 and N3, but there is no objective evidence that contradicts his claim, and I think his play today has been very much like mine. He's really trying to piece things together and figure this out.

I don't think we would lynch bv today, unless we were convinced that he and Magna were scum and that he, by default, must be the roleblocker. There is no other evidence against him, although he's been a huge lurker, even by his standards.

So in order of who I would be willing to lynch today:
1) Magna
2) Fur
3) Iecerint/bv

Preview edit: No, I am not the roleblocker, if that wasn't clear from my post. It's almost certainly a scum role.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Furcolow »

compromise lynch? you want to mislynch at this point in the game? are you an idiot?
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Kast »

@Fur-
Kdub's just being complete in his thoughts. If you play with him a few games, you'll see he sometimes needs to be called out in order to take a stand. It's a null-tell.
-Point is he supports lynching MoI if there is support, and there clearly is (you, me, Iec, Kdub).

@Kdub/Iec-
As posted before, MoI should be given a chance to post any final thought and/or full claim anything he has left out. Please no hammer until he gets back.
Show

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Furcolow »

when he comes back, he's just going to lie
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Kast »

@Fur-
Probably, but it doesn't hurt to let him say something; and he might slip info that helps determine his scumbuddy (if he has one).

Actually, Kdub's denial of being the RBer makes it clear that whoever is RBing people with the wet dream thing is scum. This supports the argument that MoI is not the last remaining scum.
Show

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Furcolow »

no, that will be bv or muffin when we lynch moi
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Muffin »

unvote

Well guys I've got a bit of a problem. Something came up unexpectedly, and long story short I have to be out of town for a week. I'll be back on Sunday the 29th and I have no guarantees there'll be internet where I am.

Obviously I'd like to stay in the game but a week is a long time to be away. It could very well work out that I'd have internet where I'll be going and you guys wouldn't know the difference but then again it could just as easily go the other way. So, I will leave it to your (and the mod's) discretion; no hard feelings,
and my very sincere apologies.

@mod: I have to be out of town until the 29th and it's unsure if I'll be VLA or not. Please replace me at your discretion.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”