archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:52 am

Post by archaebob »

Wraith is at L-2 right now. Please nobody else unvote until he gets here. It's really a waste if we split this wagon up now.

Jeez, I really just can't be hands off in this game.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:54 am

Post by NicolBolas »

I don't like the wraith wagon, but I like the moose wagon. What can I do about it? I'm choosing to take my position on the issue.
This is Klazam's old account.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:56 am

Post by moose200x »

Why is L-1 bad if we are trying to make something happen?
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:59 am

Post by moose200x »

NicolBolas wrote:That's something I can support.

unvote, vote moose

I have reasons. I will give them tonight.
Well, your reasons are wrong my friend. Looking forward to this.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:09 am

Post by foilist13 »

Agreeing with Archaebob, I've decided to do a player analysis of everyone. That doesn't mean I'll be commenting on everything, just the things that seem especially relevant.

1)
A2rudeboy:
Has exactly 3 posts, none of them game relevant. He is "in a state of perpetual V/LA." This is unacceptable. He should be replaced.

2)
Archaebob:
He looks and sounds like the same old Archaebob, but there is one thing here that seriously bothers me. His Boberz case in the beginning was exactly the kind of tell he would love to lynch someone on and look awesome for being right. Here though he just let it go and hasn't mentioned it since. That's not like him at all. Even if they posted a great defense, he would just see it as a chess game and be waiting to find the hole in their argument. The whole pro-town bossy thing is usual for him, but if he were scum I would expect him to be hiding behind it.

That leaves us in a difficult position to determine if Archaebob really is scum or not. He would look and sound almost exactly the same way. So the fact that he's giving up on a case like that, his best on so far in this game, is an item of serious concern for me. He's probably going to retort with how disorganized this town is, which is true, but not an excuse. His top suspect would still be somewhere in his posts.

Secondly, it's not like you either to keep advertising that scum wouldn't do what you're doing now. (Saying it's harder for them amounts to the same thing.) Usually you just say why it's pro-town, not why it's not scum. If you are scum and you have made a slip, then that's it.

3)
Boberz:
He seems to have calmed his nerves since Archaebob stopped attacking him. Unfortunately the vast majority of his posts are him defending himself, which means there isn't much scumhunting to be analyzed.

4)
Caelum:
His posts are good and well thought out, but there aren't enough of them. Though as lurkers go he's from from the worst.

5)
FEMM The Attorney:
Not nearly enough posts or content. Nothing to analyze.

6)
Furcolow:
Stubborn, useless, and massively anti-town. Apparently this is how he always behaves.

7)
Hresz:
Bothers me a lot. Definite ping on the scumdar.
Hresz wrote:
Unvote, Vote:Wraith

not feelin him
Hresz wrote:Archae- You cover my wraith case pretty much to a T
Here you vote Hresz with no case, and only what we can assume is a gut read. Then you try and take Archaebob's position as your own to avoid the need to make up a reason. Way too convenient. My only reason that you aren't super scummy is that I agree with the gut read on Wraith. However for you it sounds like opportunism or confirmation bias based on your reaction to archaebob.

8)
Moose:
You're not a noob yet you come off like it's your first game in the newbie forum. Why on earth shouldn't we lynch you? You know better to than to play that way, which means you made a conscious decision to do so. That is scum behavior.

9)
NicolBolas:
I've covered you already, however I will rephrase. You're posts do not contain enough analysis. On closer examination you are not the worst offender of this, but it is a problem just the same.

10)
Tasky:
No where near enough posts, enough content, or anything remotely useable in any way. Worst lurker to date.

11)
Wraith:
Heavy ping on the scumdar with this one. His posts show that he clearly knows what he should be doing, but he is staying in the background just the same. This is well executed active lurking.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:35 am

Post by archaebob »

@ foilist -

I don't want to spend a lot of time on this, but I think it's important for you to really note how different this game is from every other game we've played together.

- I started this game from the beginning. In the other two newbie games we were in that comprise my current town meta, I replaced in after the game started.
- This game has too much headdesk to have an obvious suspect. If you think about Newbie 968 and 983, most of the people there were semi-competent, meaning that I had strong town reads on at least three or four of the players. There were also only nine players total. This means that my scum reads on podium and hinduragi seemed pretty solid to me, even though I formulated them early on. Here, there are many players who I have null reads on because they aren't posting enough, which means I can't just be the self-confident turd I normally am. The better analogy here is that first mini we played, where I spent most my time lurker hunting. And in that game, my first case turned out to be completely wrong. This is my first mini since then, so I'm being more cautious.
- But even forgetting all that, if you don't remember, I left both of those two cases in our last newbies alone for some time after first making them. YOU are the one who actually got hinduragi lynched, and I didn't return to podium until D2.
- I was debating a theory point with nicol. I disagree with his characterization of it being "easy" to play a hyper-active scum meta. I recognize that this theory debate also doubles as a defense of myself, but I've never been shy to defend myself when I've felt it important. I think i've felt it to be more important in this game than usual because I've needed to maximize my town cred so as to influence the game in the ways I feel it's needed to be influenced.
- and finally, regardless of boberz's alignment, he has one of the most active post rates here. He's also not unwilling to cooperate with town bandwagons, answer questions, or make cases himself. Therefore, atm, he's a costly mislynch for D1.
"Just asking, jeez..."
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:30 am

Post by FEMM the Attorney »

Ugh. Okay, you know what? This game is moving too fast for me to keep up with. I don't have time to check the post every ten minutes, I can only get on once a day, if even that. And not even within twenty-four hours you guys make three new pages.
Archeabob is acting like a town ringleader.
Wraith isn't around.
Hresz is scummy.
Furoclow is really scummy.
Boberz is borderline scummy.
NicolBolas is pushy, possibly tunneling.
I'm not contributing enough because I can't find the time to log in and read three new pages of posts. Either replace or lynch me.
@mod: Can I be replaced? I just can't keep up. Real life has gotten busy since I started the game.
"Lolpats. It's like lolcats. But pattier." - My friend.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:47 am

Post by moose200x »

Foil, Like i said before, I am feeling distant in this game. Not sure what it is but I don't feel "right". I am trying to ease my way into the game play and feel at home. Sadly, I haven't achieved that goal yet. Now, for reasons why you shouldn't lynch me-

1) My posts have become better and better since the start of the game.
2) I'm not dangerous. I can't lead a wagon like archaebob can.
3) I want to win and I know ML a townie on d1 sux!

OK, So #3 isnt really a good reason, but still.
caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:54 am

Post by caelum »

I don't really like any of those reasons because it's like you're telling us we should keep you around simply because your posts have been getting better, you're not dangerous, and you want to win - all of which scum can do/can be/can want. Your ISO on Furc/Bober was decent, but scumtelling on them is easy because Furc is a VI and Archae made a case on Bober before, and your ISO on Wraith seems forced as you call him out for active lurking but you seem unwilling to call him scum - at the same time you're willing to vote for him. I'd say if you're town, you need to either start "feeling" this game or replace out because your slot is high up there on my, and apparently 3 or 4 others, scumlist and I don't see you moving down from there any time soon.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:54 am

Post by foilist13 »

That's the worst set of reasons to leave someone alone I've ever heard.

Once Wraith gets back, you're next.

It's been 14 pages, you should be "settled in" by now.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:55 am

Post by caelum »

EBWODP: Thanks Femm.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:56 am

Post by foilist13 »

@Archaebob: I can accept that for now. IGMEOY
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:58 am

Post by foilist13 »

EBWOP: You're concerned in this game by not having enough town reads. However, you don't want to discuss town reads, so it will be difficult to come to a consensus as to who the town are. It may be worth it to post town lists in order to narrow the list of potential scum.
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:03 am

Post by NicolBolas »

unvote

Forget it. There's so much spam this game it throws off my albity to identify scum.

I have one question for you, moose, though. You say that your line of questioning me for my alleged flip flop was just to annoy me. you sure accomplished your purpose. now, what did you get from it?

I ask the town- Are you all voting Wraith because he is scum, or because you all are lurker-hunting? If the latter, Wraith has already explained RL issues.

My two strongest scumreads has been vetoed by the town mayor- archaebob. Now, tell me what i should do if i cannot even act on my suspicions?

I believe that everyone should be able to pursue each suspicion they have. I do not think it is good to manipulate the town in becoming your mindless minions.

FEMM's replacement- your predecessor was so scummy. I want to lynch you. I suggest you start posting solid content.

FEMM said i was being pushy and tunnely. The pushy part i disagree with. Just look at archaebob and Foillist for that. Me being tunnely? YES, BECAUSE FEMM HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS.

With what i have said in mind, I'm nearly ready to give up on this game. I'm gonna vote Wraith. I know it is to L-1, so i hope that you all are right. Here goes.
vote Wraith
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Furcolow »

i want to hammer so bad
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Furcolow »

i should change my name to M.C. Hammer
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:09 am

Post by foilist13 »

unvote

None of that Fur
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:09 am

Post by NicolBolas »

FUR, do us a favor, and dont hammer.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:10 am

Post by moose200x »

NB- I got nothing from it. I've only played newbie games and my tactics seem to work there.....here, it's a different story. I don't know if you all are just alot better at this than I am or what, but I can't get good reads off you guys. It seems like everyone has picked the same 4 scum list so I am thinking it's not me but everyone is having a hard time.

Foil, this is where I would blast you on planning lynches but I have no clout to get anything moving the way I see it. Tell me, what the fuck should I do? I can sit here and type in caps and scream "PLANNING LYNCHES AHEAD IS SCUMMY" but everyone will disagree. Meh i'll try it anyway....

>>>> FOIL IS SCUMMY FOR PLANNING LYNCHES <<<<
caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:10 am

Post by caelum »

So you don't like Archae controlling town but you hop on the wagon regardless?

You never gave that promised reasoning on Moose and his defense is scummy but you still unvoted.

From that last post, I see a bunch of giving up based off of 'spam' reasons, you complaining that you don't like Mayor Archae, but then voting Wraith anyways with a "Welp." [In addition to some questions towards Moose and some statements towards Femm.]
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Furcolow »

I had a post typed up, but honestly Caelum is addressing the point I wanted to make. Archaebob basically told you guys who to vote.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:14 am

Post by moose200x »

Fur and Caelum- Could archae win conditon be like he has to get a certain person lynched or something? If archaebob is scum, how would you know? Everyone seemed to agree he is like Mr. Pro-Town.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Furcolow »

he is my strongest town read up to this point, so it might not necessarily be a bad thing, you're right
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:16 am

Post by archaebob »

@ nicol -

I'm sorry that you are beginning to feel apathetic. It is not my intent to suppress your individuality, only to channel towards a common goal that helps town. I do not think a wraith lynch right now is good for town. I would much rather lynch moose.

If Wraith is really having RL problems, then maybe we should give him some time. Moose has no excuse at all.

I don't think a lynch is good right now, but I'd much rather it be on moose.
"Just asking, jeez..."
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:18 am

Post by moose200x »

Look, the lack of knowledge in this game is hurting me. Does anyone know if most people are VT's or PR's or waht?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”