Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by Furcolow »

foilist13 wrote:@Furcolow: Who are your top 3 suspects and why?
Wraith for OMGUS on Hresz
boberz for lurking earlier, and archaebob's post about him
FEMM the attorney, because I literally can't remember one thing they've said

NicolBolas wrote:Fur- i would appreciate it if you answered this simple question. What are you trying to accomplish with your play? Did you find anything from it so far?

Foil- what do you have to say to my post?
I am trying to get better. I honestly have been playing poorly this game, and would hate to have to claim.
caelum wrote:Fur are you intentionally ignoring the second question I asked you on page 6 and have reminded you twice now(?) to answer?
caelum wrote:
Furcolow wrote:I am content with boberz defense of himself. I'm not ready to write him off as confirmed, and I wasn't ever really suspicious of the RQS, I was suspicious of his lurking the forum and not posting until being called out on it.
I don't remember Bober ever addressing him lurking on the forum, so unless you can point that out, I want you to explain how you were satisfied with his defense.
Also:
Furcolow wrote:I wasn't worried about boberz claim whatsoever. I was ready for him to be lynched because of lurking and
Archaebob's post.
Furcolow wrote:I am content with boberz defense of himself. I'm not ready to write him off as confirmed, and I wasn't ever really suspicious of the RQS,
I was suspicious of his lurking the forum and not posting until being called out on it.
I love when people try to make their reasoning sound better by lying about it
There is no question there. You make a statement.
Rephrase it.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Post by boberz »

Moose running out of ideas wrote: Him (me) asking what scumtells we use
I deny any such thing. If I had done that it would be scummy. I asked you how to find scum which is very different. But the fact they are interchangable in your book betrays a very one dimensional game.
moose again wrote: I am sure I just misread that
Correct, if you are sure of that then why have you only noticed it in page 10?
caelum wrote:buthchers the english language
A*English Language GCSE
A History A level (and most of the other A levels I did)
Currently studying for an Eco degree.
(Just saying)

There is only so long you can call me out on crap english before you work out how to read note form. I am not the first player to do this and I wont be the last.
So get scumhunting.
NB wrote: I insist, in fact I requested this a while ago
moose wrote: I agree! Bober came to fur's defense and both are pinging on my scum radar. I would bet that at least 1 of them are mafia.

Yah I'm contributing now!
That is not contribution from you!

@NB, why have you repeated various things we should ignore from fur several times. If you are ignoring fur then actually ignore fur please.

---

I agree with abob's latest post but tbh I dont like the accusation against him. But I want him to answer it.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:42 pm

Post by boberz »

Wait there is more!!! That is to the bottom of page 11
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:53 pm

Post by boberz »

foilist13 wrote:@Caelum: Who is that directed at? And why are you asking that question of me and moose in particular?
Caelum wrote:foilist/moose what do you think of Fur voting bober for fail reasoning and then unvoting when bober gave a defense that never addressed his fail reasoning?
I think Fur is clearly an idiot so fail reasoning is to be expected, and I think Boberz is scummy due to his nervousness as I said before Archaebob's case. His continuing to behave scummily does not surprise me. He probably feels nothing will come of Fur's attack as it is Fur who is making it. Therefore he has no need to seriously respond.
That was exactly what I thought, O think as it was fur's post I didnt even read it properly and have missed it. IF someone can show me the attack I can answer it.

vote wraith

Who do you think is scum wraith?
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:17 am

Post by NicolBolas »

Read, reread, and reread Wraith. I'm sorry to say but i wont vote him. Who (other than FEMM) do i find scummy?

Hrezs
Moose
Cael

Out of the above, I'm inclined to
unvote, vote hrezs
just because of the following series:
Hrezs wrote:
Unvote, Vote:Wraith

not feelin him
archaebob wrote:
Hrez - Your posts are too short. Why did you vote wraith? Saying "I'm not feeling it" is not adequate. I need to be able to figure out your alignment, and the only way I can do that is if you make arguments against people. I like your individuality and your attitude, but I need more content

Wraith - I can tell you're a smart dude, and that makes me very unhappy with your play. You're active lurking. Do a votecount yourself if you have to. But start playing.
Hrezs wrote: Archae- You cover my wraith case pretty much to a T
With the above exchange in mind, I'm inclined to think that Hrezs' "case" on Wraith is one of active lurking. Wraith has explained why he is not active lurking. Now i see no case on wraith whatsoever. If you all could point out where wraith's case is located, I'll gladly take a look.

Now, Foil, I'm ready to listen to your tiresome screams of IoA...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news, I really am starting to get uncomfortable about archaebob's extreme efforts at bossing players around. He has insuititated that it would be bad to vote for "active" players, which he clearly is a part of. I kind of get the feeling that archaebob is trying to take up the reins of the town, and steer us where he wants to go. archaebob, you forget, 12 people working together can be more productive than a single person trying to do everything himself. If archaebob is scum, the position he worked himself into is a very nice one. Let me remind everyone:

Walls of text, nicely formatted, along with telling people what to do in a protown attitude =/= being town.

It is unbelievably easy for the town to be led in circles by scum using this technique. If you want a good example of this- look at Vollkan (Another player on MS). When he is scum, he uses this technique. I'm not going to look it up, but if you want to do the extra legwork, feel free to research. I'm not going to vote for archaebob today because i believe i have a stronger read on FEMM and Hrezs, but i encourage you all to take what everybody says with a grain of salt. YES, this includes me.
This is Klazam's old account.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:32 am

Post by boberz »

Look up too townie on the wiki NB. I am not prepared to consider abob this early in the game. He is the most pro town player there is. I am tempted on hrezs for the same reasons as earlier. He just seemed a step behind, and also had the mindmadeup attitude that betrays scum looking for a mislynch.

But Wraith has only presented one case (a similar one that NB and I have on Hresz) So he needs to up his game. He didnt do it after requests so let's give him votes.

@NB
Fur, you, Moose, FEMM, Hrezs, and Wraith
These were people you said were acting antitown.

Now you cant even find a small point on wraith?
Which is it?
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:46 am

Post by NicolBolas »

boberz wrote:Look up too townie on the wiki NB. I am not prepared to consider abob this early in the game.

@NB
Fur, you, Moose, FEMM, Hrezs, and Wraith
These were people you said were acting antitown.

Now you cant even find a small point on wraith?
Which is it?
1) I know. Thats why i said not now, but later. I just wanted to make sure that the town does not rabidly follow him.

2) Antitown behavior i see from wraith- not posting enough. Each player on my acting antitown list is not being protown. That's what i meant. But, I read him, and i think that he is not scum. I would be willing to wager he is town. I found small points on wraith, but they are too small to merit my vote. I take my votes seriously. If you or someone else has a strong case on wraith, I could consider it, but as of right now, there is none that i see.

Hrezs on the other hand feels quite scummy to me. One of the things i dislike is scum making this excuse for their vote- "Oh, i was just reaction fishing". If so, Hrezs would have gotten a better reaction if he added some evidence or reasoning for the vote.

I dont need to vote Wraith to pressure him to up his game and provide more content-
------------
@Wraith- Answer these two questions NOW:

1) Top three suspects and why?
2) Who would you like to vig (other than Hrezs or Fur) and why?
------------
Foil- you probably think the above questions are useless. I assure you, I have a reason for each.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:08 am

Post by Zhero »

Vote Count 4

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Hrezs (2): Wraith, NicolBolas
Furcolow (3): Tasky, caelum, moose200x
Tasky (1): Furcolow
Wraith (4): Hrezs, folist13, archaebob, boberz

Not Voting: a2rudeboy, FEMM the Attorney

-Zhero
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:43 am

Post by boberz »

NB I would like to know the purpose of your vig question please!!! Second time you have used it.
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:51 am

Post by NicolBolas »

It was not answered the first time.

And i have already answered it. see below:
My vig question is because i wanted to know who FEMM wanted dead. I didnt ask for "scummy" because "who you think is scummy" is a weaker question, and requires less explantation. The answer i get from this will be able to be analyzed from me to see if FEMM has decent motives or not
Just replace FEMM's name with Wraith's name.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:06 am

Post by boberz »

Sorry missed that, time for a reread me thinks.
caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:48 am

Post by caelum »

The wagon on Wraith is dumb, he's had IRL issues and has admitted he has posted on skims/not a lot of time. Moose/Tasky needs a wagon.

Zhero, can you replace:
a2
Femm
Tasky
caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:48 am

Post by caelum »

EBWODP:

unvote

vote: Moose
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Tasky »

caelum wrote:Zhero, can you replace:
a2
Femm
Tasky
you want me to replace out cause I exposed you a scum... but I won't...

I'm finding it really difficult to keep up with this game as there is a lot of spamming around going on and I don't have much time... so basically I'm just skimming the posts.
on the other side I'd rather not replace out...
could someone make a summary post on what happened, so I won't miss anything when I go over the whole game again?
and I'd like everybody do post a quick summary on their POV in this game or link a post where it is explained nicely (otherwise it will be difficult to distinguish your real opinion from all the junk)

PS: there are still a LOT of people who haven't told me what they think I think of them... (and since so much has happened maybe the ones who already did should do it again... my opinion changed on almost everyone)
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 am

Post by caelum »

No one is taking you 'exposing me as scum' seriously because your reasoning is misunderstood/flawed.

If you're finding it difficult enough to not reread 13 pages of text then replace out, no one's going to give you a summary and hold your hand throughout the game.

If you want their real opinion freakin' read what they're saying (admittedly, rereading some of Bober's posts are confusing as they're in 'note form').

Frankly, I could care less about what you think of me because you haven't shown much activity and your reasoning on me as scum + you're serious about it makes me think your play is vaguely VI.
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Hrezs »

NB- pretty sure at some point I stated that my vote was for reaction. It'd have been dumb of me to go "its a reaction vote" before wraith even posted. If you didn't notice he followed up my vote on him with 4 "seems ok" opinions and a vote on me

Tasky- I don't care what you think of me
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:29 am

Post by archaebob »

@ nicol -
nicol wrote: In other news, I really am starting to get uncomfortable about archaebob's extreme efforts at bossing players around.
Get over it. This game is exceptionally dense with facepalm for something not out of the newbie queue, and I'm actively trying to direct people towards what I think this town needs to do to win. I understand that you aren't necessarily convinced of my alignment, but bossing people around is a pretty consistent staple of my town meta.
archaebob wrote:He has insuititated that it would be bad to vote for "active" players, which he clearly is a part of. I kind of get the feeling that archaebob is trying to take up the reins of the town, and steer us where he wants to go.
Yep. That's exactly what I insinuated, and what I'm trying to do. Voting active, coherent players D1 is usually a bad move, unless the general playing quality of the town is very high. This is because D1 lynches usually don't have enough info to hit scum, meaning that you are risking seriously crippling the town if you mislynch an intelligent player. My policy: always leave smart scum for later in the game, unless everyone in the town is smart.
nicol wrote: archaebob, you forget, 12 people working together can be more productive than a single person trying to do everything himself.

As far as me "taking up the reins of the town" goes, it is indeed what I'm doing right now. However, this is not the position I want to be in. If you pay attention, all my direction to other players consists of efforts to convince them to "work together." There are only some ways of "working together" that are helpful though. For most of this game everyone has been talking past each other, taking idiotic stances on things, and moving in what are on the whole entirely uncoordinated directions. Right now I'm insulting people, giving orders, and trying to "control the town" simply to kick everyone in the ass a little and get this town in shape.

And it's working. Slowly, but it's working.
nicol wrote: Let me remind everyone:

Walls of text, nicely formatted, along with telling people what to do in a protown attitude =/= being town.
This is true. But it IS much harder to appear town consistently without slipping up while posting the amount of content that I am.

Now, you shouldn't take this as a town tell for me, because I'm pretty fucking awesome at being scum, meaning I'm good enough to post a lot of content and still not slip up that much. [/joke]

However, you really should be more concerned right now with the people who aren't posting much at all. You're resisting the wraith wagon because you haven't seen any actual "scum-tells" in his play, only "anti-town" things. My question to you is this: How do you know that Wraith
wouldn't
drop more scum-tells if he was pressured into posting more? It's easier to avoid mistakes when you post little to no content, and wraith seems like a pretty smart player. This is why lurking or active lurking
in and of itself
must be considered a scum tell by the town.
nicol wrote: It is unbelievably easy for the town to be led in circles by scum using this technique. If you want a good example of this- look at Vollkan (Another player on MS). When he is scum, he uses this technique.
It's not that easy. Trust me. Some players are really exceptional at this game, and get away with it. But keeping up an active posting rate and trying to boss the town around is hard as shit to do when you're scum.

I don't care if you vote wraith right now (we're already at L-3), but I think you're being stubborn by only picking targets like Femm and Hrez who not many other people suspect. Do you disagree that focused and coordinated efforts by the town to force everyone into this game will help the town win condition right now?

@ Tasky -

You obviously are in need of a major wake up call.

Nobody is going to answer your stupid question because you haven't given us any reason to think it's worth our time. You aren't bothering to pressure any targets, or engage in any other kind of sustained questioning or scumhunting, so where exactly is the incentive for scum to respond to your inquest? You pose exactly zero threat to scum, and zero relevance to town.

There is a certain amount of spamming true, but not an exorbitant amount. There's still plenty of info to go around right now. AND, precisely
because
there is some noise in this thread, you should be reading
extra-carefully
to glean all the alignment relevant info that there IS. Saying that you are just "basically skimming the posts" because you're finding it difficult to keep up is completely and utterly unacceptable.

And no one is going to make a pretty little summary for you either. Your essentially imposing on us the burden of spending more on this game to do everything for you simply because you can't be bothered to read yourself. This is a ridiculous request.

I'm also not interested in whether you'd "rather not replace out" or not. You are dragging down this town, and will be lynched today if you don't make a change of some king. This hurts your team's win condition regardless of alignment. So shape up or get lost.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:30 am

Post by archaebob »

From here on out, I'm going to follow the biggest bandwagon (as long as it's on Wraith, Hrez, Femm, Moose, or Tasky) until something about this game changes. Right now that's wraith. I'm getting sick of trying to be energetically pro-town and getting flack for it from everyone, so I'd love to see other players step up to the plate now.
"Just asking, jeez..."
caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:37 am

Post by caelum »

Blah. If it'll get this game moving + cement how I feel about Wraith

unvote
vote:Wraith
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:39 am

Post by moose200x »

I already thought I was on wraith.

unvote: Vote: Wraith
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:42 am

Post by NicolBolas »

That' L-1 on wraith. Hold up, all right? At least give wraith a chance to explain things
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:43 am

Post by archaebob »

unvote

vote moose

Are you paying attention to this game at all? That was L-1.
"Just asking, jeez..."
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:47 am

Post by NicolBolas »

That's something I can support.

unvote, vote moose

I have reasons. I will give them tonight.
caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:49 am

Post by caelum »

... You just hammered him
caelum
caelum