Open 242 - Friends and Enemies Mafia (Over!)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Lol, i guess we're No-Lynching then. If we get an extension, i'd like to hear from others first. But rest assured, you are top of my personal list.
We are not No Lynching today. This is a terrible thing to do Day 1 and hurts us in the long run. Only on rare occasions should we No Lynch and this isn't one of them.
Please bro, please, feel free to say something correct. Anything to plug the steady flow of bile that you're posting atm. No-Lynching on Day 1 is a perfectly acceptable play in this situation if we cant get a wagon on someone who has a good chance of being scum. Zwet does not meet that criteria, and btw, it's exactly your comment above that leads to a shitload of mislynches Day 1, so don't act like the rest of us are idiots or haven't played before, thanks. *Hurls*
SSBF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Lol, what contradiction? I said the claimed masons are not confirmed town. That doesnt mean we are going to lynch them today. In reality, we dont even need to worry about it until LyLo.
The contradiction is where you rule out zwetchenwasser, DarkLightA, and gandalf5166 as lynch candidates. Then you change the story by saying that the claimed masons are not 100% confirmed townies.
This is the last time i'm gonna bother dignifying you with a proper response. I said we are not lynching Zwet, Darklight or Gandalf today. However, NONE of them, Zwet included, are 100% confirmed town. They are all, very likely town. I can't even imagine how you came to another conclusion.
SSBF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Now you have 2 options. Either:

A. Apologise for misrepresenting me.
or B. Explain in what sense you feel Zwet can be considered confirmed town. Because in the above quote, you assume that he is. I think that's called a slip.
Wrong, I did not misrep you at all. I attacked you for the contradiction I said above. Noticed that I specified claimed masons, NOT just lump all those three people together. I still think zwetchenwasser is likely scum.
If anything
, you're misrepping what I'm saying.
Haha, oh really? You "attacked" me did you? LMAO
Well, good work! I'm sure everyone here is amazed at your super mafia skillz!

Oh and ftr, it's common courtesy not to tell someone they are wrong when they are correct. There's nothing more irritating than being told in a patronising way that the moon is made of cheeze. Rest assured though, we aren't no-lynching today. And we aren't lynching Zwetchenwasser either. :wink:

BM

*Italics to demonstrate lack of conviction in own argument. I has scumhunting skillz too lawl!
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Jahudo wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:gandalf is very quick to mislead town into blindly believing the mason claim.
Are you going to counter-claim?

Actually, 1 day and 3 hours until deadline? I think I found a pro-scum reason for zwet to stay on gandalf. Stalling. He wants a scrambled lynch.

I changed my mind. Zwet is pretty scummy. Is there enough support for a zwet lynch?

I'll reconsider SSBF but I just haven't been feeling that wagon.
Nobody is going to counter-claim. Because there is no good reason for a counter-claim. Simple fact.

That makes no sense btw. Zwet-scum would try and start a new wagon, if you're creditting him with the intelligence u seem to be.

Jahudo, i do have a request for you though. Please comment on SSBF's self-defined "attack" on me, for contradiction. He hasn't done anything protown all game. Can we PLEASE lynch him now??

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Jordan is probably scum too. Fake proxy. Ugh, this game is pissing me off.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

well, this is just silly.
Unvote; Vote: Jahudo
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Jahudo »

zwets, what'cha got?
Battle Mage wrote:That makes no sense btw. Zwet-scum would try and start a new wagon, if you're creditting him with the intelligence u seem to be.
I'm not saying he'd still try and lynch gandalf. I'm saying he'd direct our attention to his stubborn voting so that we are all less ready for this deadline and have to make a hasty lynch. That is still a cunning strategy.

Although I just saw the vote count and realized zwet has the most votes with 3. So if the hasty lynch was him then its not the best strategy.
Battle Mage wrote:Jahudo, i do have a request for you though. Please comment on SSBF's self-defined "attack" on me, for contradiction. He hasn't done anything protown all game. Can we PLEASE lynch him now??
His attack doesn't make sense because I see what you meant. The masons and zwet are off limits for separate reasons in your opinion. And the masons are off limits today without a counter-claim. But that doesn't mean there couldn't be a counter-claim tomorrow (in the off chance the hypo real masons are holding out for the 3rd scum to reveal themselves).

@SSBF: Do you still see it differently? Like, do you think BM ruled out candidates because he thought they were 100% town? I don't, so I don't see how it matters if he wants to rule someone out for today if they are not 100% town. It just means they are not a logical play for today. And the masons aren't, don't you agree with that anyway?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Socrates »

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Zwet (3) - gandalf, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Haylen
Super Smash Bros. Fan (2) - Battle Mage, JordanA24
Smashbro_of_the_SSS (1) - Jahudo
Jahudo (1) - zwet
Gandalf (1) - CSL

Not Voting: DarkLightA, molestargazer, Smashbro_of_the_SSS

With 11 alive it is 6 to lynch.

Does anyone have any problem with Jordan's proxy vote?

Deadline is in less than 24 hours.
Last edited by Socrates on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:39 am

Post by DarkLightA »

BM, what leads you to the conclusion that zwet is town?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:50 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Honestly, if the "real" masons are stupid enough to not counter-claim, town deserves to lose. True, there's a third scum, but why the hell would scum make a claim that could easily leave them with only one scum left without any scumhunting?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:35 am

Post by Jahudo »

@Mod: no problem with the proxy vote. we need a majority.
Also, zwets vote should be on me.

I'm okay with either a zwet or SSBF lynch. I'll be here all day in case I need to switch between them.

unvote;
Vote: SSBF

@Non-voters who is your top suspect and would you compromise for either/both of the biggest wagons?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Battle Mage wrote:
Please bro, please, feel free to say something correct. Anything to plug the steady flow of bile that you're posting atm.
No-Lynching on Day 1 is a perfectly acceptable play in this situation if we cant get a wagon on someone who has a good chance of being scum. Zwet does not meet that criteria, and btw, it's exactly your comment above that leads to a shitload of mislynches Day 1
, so don't act like the rest of us are idiots or haven't played before, thanks. *Hurls*
So far, the majority of your case on me has been very weak and definently don't see how I'm scummier then you or zwetchenwasser.

1. So if we were to not get a bandwagon on a person we think is likely scum, we should go ahead and not lynch at all? A mislynch is better then a No Lynch Day 1 is because we gain more information out of Day 1 by lynching then not lynching at all. We can analyze the mislynch person bandwagon and the mislynch's suspects and go from there, which can be used to find scums. You don't get that oppertunity with a No Lynch.

I'm not saying we should do an informative lynch today for the sake of it, I don't agree with that policy, we should still lynch a person because we think they're scum. However, not lynching because we can't get a wagon on someone being scum

2. I really don't like using meta on people I have not played with before. I used meta on you because you tend to play differently from other people and I understand that because I have had experience with you, although that doesn't mean I will give you candy just because of your play style. Neither with zwetchenwasser. So far, he has failed to prove to me that he is town.

Show me to where I acted like the rest of you are idiots/don't know how to play the game. I don't see how I was doing that.
Battle Mage wrote:This is the last time i'm gonna bother dignifying you with a proper response. I said we are not lynching Zwet, Darklight or Gandalf today. However, NONE of them, Zwet included, are 100% confirmed town. They are all, very likely town. I can't even imagine how you came to another conclusion.
Fair enough. I do agree that DarkLightA and gandalf5166 are very likely townies, although I still do think zwetchenwasser needs to be lynched today.
Battle Mage wrote:Haha, oh really? You "attacked" me did you? LMAO
Well, good work! I'm sure everyone here is amazed at your super mafia skillz!
Yes, I was attacking your play because I (IMO, opinions may vary with other people) found something about your play scummy and I will not ignore it.
zwetchenwasser wrote:well, this is just silly. Unvote; Vote: Jahudo
Very weak vote on Jahudo. Not only does it have no explanation supporting why you want Jahudo lynch, this also sounds like a form of OMGUS on him because he expressed suspicion on you.
Jahudo wrote:@SSBF: Do you still see it differently? Like, do you think BM ruled out candidates because he thought they were 100% town?
Not really. While I still stick to my guns that zwetchenwasser is likely scum, I will also admit to being wrong in saying that Battle Mage was calling zwetchenwasser, gandalf5166 and DarkLightA 100% confirmed townies. I believe that DarkLightA and gandalf5166 are very likely townie, but no one is mod-confirmed an alignment in an Open game until death/end game.
DarkLightA wrote:BM, what leads you to the conclusion that zwet is town?
He already explained why in here.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:05 am

Post by molestargazer »

My 2 top suspects went up in flames with the mason claim. I don't feel that SSBF is particularly lynchworthy at the moment, I don't really see why he's scummy. I'm quite open to changing my mind though.
Jahudo wrote:@Non-voters who is your top suspect and would you compromise for either/both of the biggest wagons?
I would be happy to compromise and vote for Zwet. I find a few of BM's points on his "Why zwet is town" post to be a little dubious.

In fact, since this is probably going to be the last chance I get to vote today,
Vote: Zwet

It's not ideal, I'd like more time to get my scumhunting on, but I don't have it - and a lynch is always preferable to a no-lynch.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@Battle Mage: I almost forgot to say something:

Where is your response to this post? You seem to be dead set on me being scum. If that is the case, why did you completely ignore this post?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:52 am

Jahudo is vote hopping and changing his mind with relatively little reasoning. Plus I still stand by when I called him out earlier in the game.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I still don't understand why you called me out earlier in the game.

And your first two reasons don't sound very convincing coming from you.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Haylen »

Holy mother of joseph. NEVER use orange when someone in the games on Sepia.

I could see a scumteam made of BM and Zwets with one other. Because of the emotion with which BM has been responding recently, particularly when under fire by SS DEAD GOD PEOPLE, CHOOSE DIFFERENT USERNAMES.

I also note the major defending of Zwets that BM is doing. I think that if one of them is town, then the other has to be two and if one of them is scum then the other must be.

FoS Battle Mage
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I haven't voted zwet yet because my gut is hitting me really hard and saying zwets is town.

But can we even get a majority by tonight? Zwets needs two more votes (one if I switch now). SSBF would need three as it stands.

Who all is here? CSL, Darklight, SSSS where are you?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

We have four hours to get a majority. If anyone has anybody they even kinda suspect, I suggest they throw down their vote now.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Haylen »

Unvote Vote SSBF

Just because lynch is better than no lynch. I have deadline lynches.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

What exactly is the case against SSBF again? Because I'm not seeing it.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Socrates »

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Super Smash Bros. Fan (4) - Battle Mage, JordanA24, Jahudo, Haylen,
Zwet (3) - gandalf, Super Smash Bros. Fan, molestargazer,
Jahudo (1) - zwet
Gandalf (1) - CSL

Not Voting: DarkLightA, Smashbro_of_the_SSS

With 11 alive it is 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in less than 2 hours.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

alright, I'll be on, so I'll change my vote if necessary, but for now
vote: zwet
i think this lynch will give us the best insight, whether or not zwet is scum (he is my #1). will keep the thread open and change if need be

also,
V/LA till Monday
. going away party and move in to college, so however long it takes me to get the internet up there
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

alright, I won't be able to be on longer, so I'm going to,
unvote, vote: super smash bros fan
because it is the leading wagon. this way, it will only take one person to come on and finish a lynch, rather than two. still, if possible, I'd prefer a Zwet lynch, so if possible, lynch him.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

If it gets to time, I will hammer, but I am 80% sure that he is town, so I won't be happy about it.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:17 pm

Unvote; Vote: Super smash bros fan

my hammer. no one elses hammer. muhahaha
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Zwet, you stupid. If I was scum and you weren't, I would NK you just so that you would go the fuck away.

Return to “Completed Open Games”