NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:26 am

Post by NicolBolas »

The question is so I can see what he is thinking, so I can read him better. He has not been giving much content for me to rea him.

I know. That is what I'm trying to do. I am focusing on FEMM now. After I'm done with him, I'll focus on somebody else.
This is Klazam's old account.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Furcolow »

I believe the word you're looking for is "tunneling", is it not?
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 am

Post by boberz »

Shut up Fur.

Tasky why is your vote where it is?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Furcolow »

probably because he is scum
caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:42 am

Post by caelum »

Tasky
Caelum wrote:I do think that you're a VI, but I'm not prepared to let you off the hook as some others have done simply because you play scummily.
Translation: I think that you play scummily as town. But I'm not going to clear just because you play scummily.

Bober

Yes, I am.

Moose

If you're not "feeling" it, can you request a replacement before this game's length repels replacements?
Same thing to A2.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Wraith »

@boberz: Since my read-throughs of you and NB ended up less supicious than I had expected, I decided to go through some other, lesser suspects of mine. I had originally thought Hrescz was just acting like an idiot when he voted for me for no reason earlier, but you brought up some interesting points against him in one of your WoTs, so I looked through all his posts and now find him my top suspect.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Wraith »

To elaborate: my points against are:

-He is going after a player who is thought to be pro-town for poor reasons
-He is making retroactive cases against his suspects
-He is trying to make his playstyle look like scumhunting but is in reality contributing very little
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Furcolow »

i'm going to read him in iso
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:54 am

Post by foilist13 »

Wraith is interesting to me.
Wraith wrote:
Archaebob makes a good and fantastically detailed case (for page 2) against boberz, but I'm going to hold off my vote for now.
A lynch now would be disastrous to the town,
unless we guess right on a 1/12 chance.
@moose: I think you're overreacting. This is page 3, and we're apparently at L-2. A fast hammer would be disastrous, especially without Boberz given a chance to defend himself with a claim. Most lynches end up with a claim at L-1 unless its obvscum.
Right here you're avoiding establishing a position. First the case is good and you would vote him except for the circumstances, then in the next sentence it's 1/12 odds, meaning the case has no merit at all.
Wraith wrote:Personally, I'm rather suspicious of
archaebob
at the moment, but this is only after a skim-through. I'll do a more detailed read later. Archaebob can either be an overly zealous scumhunter or scum trying to push an early lynch.
Considering how much his attitude is flip-flopping it's hard to tell.
Wraith wrote:
I don't see much in terms of "flip-flopping" from NB.
He posted suspicions on boberz, then redacted them after boberz's defense, then voted for him after archaebob's convincing case against boberz. That more "action reaction" than "flip-flop." As for me I'm awful suspicious of Furcolow, due to the actual flip-flopping he did on page 3(?), where he voted for boberz, redacted to prevent a quickhammer, then voted for him again only 30 minutes later.
So Archaebob is flip flopping, but NB is not? That seems a bit far fetched to me. More likely is that you think Archaebob is more dangerous and want people to not take him quite so seriously. An easier answer is you were coming up with relevant sounding things to say without committing yourself one way or another.
Wraith wrote:NB's scumhunting is commendable, and he has certainly turned around the attitude toward him since page 2. Right now he and AB are my top two pro-town suspects, although I'n not really sure where NB gets his "FEMM needs to die" attitude from only 8 posts.
What exactly is a "pro-town suspect?"
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Furcolow »

1: negative response to RQS, negative in general is anti-town. minor fos on boberz
2: negative response to rolefishing, then flip flops and says he doesnt mind rolefishing, then minor fos on me
from 3: on seem like town to me
it's interesting to note he is against wraith. Wraith is basically OMGUS right here.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:59 am

Post by boberz »

Fair enough, your last two points acutally sum up what I have been struggling to explain.

But there is something more interesting. When you say "pro-town suspect" do you meant yourself? If so does that mean anyone who attacks you is scummy? Or is it someone else and you have inside info???

---

Haha another crosspost, people keep beating me to points (because I watch the iplayer while I type I reckon)

--

And another crosspost, but tbh I am not sure whether there is much point reading it.
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Hrezs »

NicolBolas wrote:Boberz- On purpose or not, these players are still enagin in antitown behavior. As you can see, I see almost half of the town as scummy. There cannot be 5 scum. That is why I made the post you refer to.
So, you expect all town to be obvtown and all scum to be obvscum on day1? If you expect everyone to be obvious in what they do, you're playing this game wrong.

Wraith, what would you say if I said you were just failtown?
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Hrezs »

Oh, and to those asking me to make massive posts. It might happen later in the game, but no promises. If everyone plays the same its easier for scum to avoid suspicion since they can just mimic what everyone is doing.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:17 am

Post by boberz »

Not asking you for WoTs, but you have o coribute scumhuntng in some way.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:24 am

Post by boberz »

My keyboard is battered. I have to tap every button like twice before the leter comes out.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:35 am

Post by archaebob »

Hrezs wrote:Oh, and to those asking me to make massive posts. It might happen later in the game, but no promises. If everyone plays the same its easier for scum to avoid suspicion since they can just mimic what everyone is doing.
No. You have it wrong. If everyone plays differently, then the scum can just pass of their scumminess as being "a different playstyle." Having a different playstyle is fine, but only if you can justify it as being pro-town. If all the town players are doing the "same thing" in that they are all posting long posts full of rich content, then THAT is the hardest thing for scum to mimic. The more a scum posts, the more he has to fabricate, and therefore the more likely that he will screw up big time.

You aren't doing anything by posting short posts except posting short posts. It doesn't make it harder for scum, it makes it easier. Simply "mimicking what everyone is doing" is hard as SHIT if everyone is playing pro-town; you're making it easier by making short posts an acceptable meta for them.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:33 am

Post by moose200x »

Alright, so I picked 3 folks reread the posts and got a good feel for what I think is a solid base in this game.

Archaebob- He agreed with my read on Boberz early game. post- 24 He then goes on to explain his case against boberz (38) He has seemed pro-town to me, encouraging people to vote and talk. Made a lot of strong cases. I like bob so I am biased when I read furclows VS Archaebob in posts 194/198 I took archaebob's side.

Caelum- attack on me is due to lack of (substance) posting. I agree 100% with that.

Boberz- I did not like our early game interaction. Him asking what scum tells we look for is what I would consider a scumtell. His defense was "if you think about it that would be a very strange thing for me to ask as it makes everyone think about how they are chasing scum and makes them more likely to do it. So try again moose." That isn't an answer what-so-ever in my book. Posts - 15 and 18 His defense at post 43 Did little to sway me tho it did sway others from voting him. 82 defends fur. (chainsaw?) Post 83 has this little gem. Bob says to femm "If you have a secret scumhunting tactic that
scum dont already know
then just keep it a secret,
we wouldnt know.
" I am sure I just misread that but it did seem like a slip.

Furcolow- Posts- 60 (I want a claim on boberz) 3 pages into the game does sound scummy to me. Femm defends his claim wantingness 4 posts later. Busted out the "Why me" card on post 72.

Post80= I don't care if someone is lynched on page 2 or page 50, if someone is at L-2 or L-1 I am going to ask them to claim.

Post 113= I will claim when the town agrees that is the best option.

post 212= you all aren't going to make me claim this game btw

With that in mind I am
unvote: vote: Furcolow
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:37 am

Post by foilist13 »

I just ISO'ed NicolBolas, and I can't find anything, anywhere, that amounts to an original accusation.

First he voted Boberz based on someone else's reasoning, then he votes FEMM with the following:
NicolBolas wrote:I’ll now unvote, vote FEMM because out of all the people in the game, his posts seem the most dishonest to me.
You sir are truly active lurking. 100% of your posts are answering or asking questions with 0 follow through, or discussing what does or does not amount to pro-town activity. Essentially IoA. You haven't done
anything.

unvote, vote: NicolBolas
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:40 am

Post by foilist13 »

I may or may not return my vote to Furcolow based on his response to moose's attack.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Wraith »

@foilist: My first few posts were done on limited time after short skim-throughs. I've changed my opinions now. And a "pro-town suspect" to me is someone who I suspect is pro-town. Sometimes I use the English language too literally.
Show

caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by caelum »

Moose

The last bit with Bober seems like a slip to me, but I have difficult catching context clues from Bober by the way he butchers the English language so, I'd like to hear what his apparent meaning was.

I also do think that a Bober/Furcolow scumteam is likely.
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by NicolBolas »

foilist13 wrote:I just ISO'ed NicolBolas, and I can't find anything, anywhere, that amounts to an original accusation.

First he voted Boberz based on someone else's reasoning, then he votes FEMM with the following:
NicolBolas wrote:I’ll now unvote, vote FEMM because out of all the people in the game, his posts seem the most dishonest to me.
You sir are truly active lurking. 100% of your posts are answering or asking questions with 0 follow through, or discussing what does or does not amount to pro-town activity. Essentially IoA. You haven't done
anything.

unvote, vote: NicolBolas

Foil- I have not been playing great in this game, but i do not believe i was active lurking. It does not help that the person who i suspect the most has not been posting. People have been attacking me for bullshit reasons during the game. I need FEMM to post more so i can affirm my read on him. I do have other suspects, but if i go after them instead, FEMM will have no reason to post more. My accusation on FEMM was original i believe. Tone can be a strong indicator to the scumminess f people to me. I found that i disliked how FEMM was posting. None of it seemed "right" to me, and then i vote him, and what do i get? NOTHING. FEMM just goes after Fur because that was what the town consensus was.

If you insist, I will post a case on exactly why i feel FEMM is scummy.
FEMM the Attorney ISO1 wrote: The questions seem pretty helpful to scum, though. :)
Why so paranoid, boberz? Seems fishy to act so defensive so early in the game.
... And like archeabob's ninja post states, I do agree that boberz is looking pretty scummy right now.
Here FEMM points out what has already been pointed out before.
FEMM the Attorney ISO2 wrote:NicolBolas, you just flip-flopped from being suspicious of boberz, to liking his defense, then seeing archeabob's case and placing a vote...
Here, FEMM calls something a flip-flop, which has been proven to be patently bullshit.
FEMM the Attorney ISO3 wrote: The issue is, the questions aren't very helpful to town. Why on earth would you reveal your scuhunting tactic to everyone including scum? Obviously the scum will now what to avoid then.
Secondly, If a townie were to be attacked this early there wouldn't be too much need to panic. If scum were to be attacked, there would be much need for panic, since it is so early in the game and they didn't even gt much of a chance to play yet.
Here FEMM repeats something that has already been answered. His second point is common sense, i believe.
FEMM the Attorney ISO4 wrote:Lol, I'm Republican too. /off-topic.
Wanting a claim isn't always fishing, its typical rule if you're at L-1 to claim.
Boberz isn't at L-1 just yet, though.
... And my questions weren't answered.
Nothing meaningful here. defends furclow's request to claim.
FEMM the Attorney ISO5 wrote:I don't think a claim would make him less scummy.
Duh. Though, what if he claims a important role?
FEMM the Attorney ISO6 wrote:I think boberz has put up a good defense now... I can't say my suspicion is totally dropped, but it's not as high as it was.
Also, the reason I hadn't voted yet was because I wanted to vote boberz, but I didn't want him at L-1. I didn't have other suspicions strong enough at that time. Now I think Nicol and Furclow are my next top picks.
And please stop with the political fluff, kthx.
Vote: NicolBolas
I know you defended the flip-flopping opinion of boberz, but it still doesn't sit well with me.
Acquits boberz for his defense in an odd way that says that boberz is not really a suspect for him. Goes after me for a bullshit reason, and mentions Fur who everyone else had found scummy at that point. ALSO- he says to stop with the political fluff- which he also participated in.

I then vote him, and he goes away for a long time (almost 3 pages, i think) until he comes back to say this:
FEMM the Attorney ISO7 wrote:Okay, first of all
Unvote
1)
NicolBolas, I didn't like the reasoning you gave before on the flip-flop, but I've read everything through again and I do think that it was just a changing of opinions after seeing Abob's case on boberz. It did bring up good points, but it was still odd how quickly you're opinion changed. You've since said and clarified that you change your vote to who is scummiest at that time.
2)
Now, I beleive you misunderstood my post saying "I did not like you're flip-flopping opinion of boberz" because then you wen't on to say I was shifting blame onto boberz. That was not at all what I meant on that. I was reffering to your suspicion on boberz, then stating "I like your answer" in reply to boberz's defense, then seeing Abob's case and placing a vote on the person you just liked the defense of. (Which, like stated above, was fishy at that moment but you have since clarified that Abob's case was well-built and was boberz-vote-worthy). So I don't know where you came up with that.
3)
I am really not liking Furclow right now. Everyone has already brought up many, maaany, good points on him, but the things in particular that are sticking out to me is the fact he was accusing Nicol of having a vote on him... When clearly he didn't because he was on my case at that moment. That's really odd. Furclow, are you reading what's going on? I don't understand how you could confuse a vote like that.
And I would vote you now but I can't seem to find the recent vote count.
(numbered for clearness)

1) Still on the "flip-flop" issue. here he defends his previous posts while "excusing me". And he takes a long time to say it.
2) I misread it, but still, i did not like the way you said "It doesnt sit well with me"
3) Fur again. here he points out the fact that Fur misread my vote as being on him. It seems that FEMM did not read also, because I pointed this out and Fur unvoted and apologized. Other than that, there was no valid reason for accusing Fur that you listed.
FEMM the Attorney ISO8 wrote:@Furcolow: ... Wat. You're just going to randomly aim for a lynch on a random person???
That isn't very pro-town.
DUH.

Then he goes away for good. This is called what? LURKING.

I read nothing positive in FEMM's posts, even though he posted very little.

THIS IS WHY FEMM IS SCUMMY.

My vig question is because i wanted to know who FEMM wanted dead. I didnt ask for "scummy" because "who you think is scummy" is a weaker question, and requires less explantation. The answer i get from this will be able to be analyzed from me to see if FEMM has decent motives or not.

enough content for you, Foil?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I wasn't worried about boberz claim whatsoever. I was ready for him to be lynched because of lurking and Archaebob's post.
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by NicolBolas »

By the way, I am choosing to treat Furco like a player with the post restriction of being the scummiest he can be. I believe hie is townie. I am ignoring him.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@NicolBolas: The fact that your suspicion is not unfounded is reassuring. However, you can be just as easily accused of the same reactive playstyle. So what makes him scum and you town?

RE: Furcolow: It's going to look bad for you if he flips scum.
Wraith wrote:@foilist: My first few posts were done on limited time after short skim-throughs. I've changed my opinions now. And a "pro-town suspect" to me is someone who I suspect is pro-town. Sometimes I use the English language too literally.
Care to respond to the rest of my points?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”