Mini 1021: Battousai's Mountaintnous Mountain Mafia (Over)

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:33 am

Post by havingfitz »

Nightwolf wrote:
@fitz:
havingfitz wrote:I maintain all my suspicion towards dalt…and it has never been solely focused on his cut and dry lie. It is based on the entirety of his posts…up through his last one where he avoided explanation.
Prehaps I didn't word it too clearly. It seemed as if the majority of the discussion that people had with you was what had been focused only on how vaild dalt's lie was. My question is that (forgetting about the discussion on whether its black and white or shades of grey), in your view, how is dalt's lie scummy?

@noone but myself really: I find it interesting that both Xite and wendy are linking fitz to each other. Im not sure what to make of it right now, but I'll have to look back at a couple things when I feel this becomes relevant.

Generally speaking I find lying to be scummy. dalt's lie was low on the scale of lies in comparison with some I've seen...outted fakeclaims come to mind. As I've stated though...I was not taking dalt's lie into consideration by itself. I thought he came across as pretending to be naive and when he failed to respond to accusations in his last post...that only strengthened my suspicions of him. And tw/Adel has not been an improvement as shown by the votes s/he has since garnered. On that note...as I type this...it strikes me funny that dalt's replacement also lied in a way by portraying themself as a less experienced player while ignoring queries (by me) as to their experience and whether they were an alt.

Also...I had noticed the common denominator in Xite and tw's scum teams and was trying to decypher it but got tangled up in a lot of WIFOM. Suffice to say...I think one of them is certain to be scum but I think it would be arrogant/foolish to assume they both were. I'm leaning towards tw.
tomorrow wendy wrote:
@noone but myself really: I find it interesting that both Xite and wendy are linking fitz to each other. Im not sure what to make of it right now, but I'll have to look back at a couple things when I feel this becomes relevant.
don't know what to make of it? Lynch h.fitz!
tw...why don't you present a case on me that is not based on OMGUS...or if it is based on that...admit it for what it is. All you're doing is cheerleading. No posting of any value. Additonally...
tomorrow wendy wrote:"If it could be useful after having two flips, wouldn't it be better to lynch today so that it could be useful tomorrow rather than waiting an extra day and having an extra townie dead before it becomes useful?"
-- if we do that then no-lynch becomes optimal on day 2, and informed scumhunting still doesn't begin until day 3.
How so...either way we still end up at D2 with 3 flips behind us? A lynch today coupled with tonight's NK will be the two flips you mention. Additionally...I have the same vote spreadsheet in work and will be happy to share insights into it based on your flip. No need keeping you around to share :-) And agreed...the more flips you have to go from the clearer things become.

@tw/Adel....do you make your vote spreadsheets for all your games on this site?
iamausername wrote:Yeah, sorry. I'm working on a huge-ass game summary post, it'll be done some time today. But in brief, my opinion is that everybody is barking up the wrong tree and ignoring the scum who is holding up a big neon sign with an arrow pointing at himself saying "I AM SCUM".

VOTE: ConfidAnon

As far as the popular candidates go,
I think I support a fitz lynch over Xite, and Xite over wendy
, I'll tell you for sure later. But really I can't fathom any reason why we would want to lynch anyone besides ConfidAnon today.
IAM...you've had your vote on Lat for quite sometime all while voicing suspicions towards CA. And for the most part...you have been a voice of reason FMPOV re: my suspcions towards dalt and my reaction to you massclaim suggestion. Now you unvote Lat without comment and put it on CA with a preference of my lynch over the two current frontrunners (and popular choices as you put it). I'm not high on Lat or CA ATM but I would still be interested in your reason for switching and putting in a plug for my lynch. Over both tw and Xite......that hurts.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:42 am

Post by havingfitz »

PS...where did Nexus go? No post in this game since last Thursday even though he was logged onto the site as recently as yesterday.

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:56 am

Post by Nexus »

I was V/LA. I've been able to check in at brief moments, but because it had been my birthday and my girlfriend had been around, I haven't had a chance to sit and read and collect my thoughts and post. She's now left, so expect me to get back into the swing of things today/tomorrow. I have some stuff offline I need to do, but I'll catch up. Probably today, but no promises.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Nexus »

(See Post 258 for my v/LA announcement)

Yeah, I'm back anyway
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

tomorrow wendy
-5- Xite91, LoudmouthLee, PranaDevil, Leech, havingfitz
Llamafluff
-2- ConfidAnon, Nexus
Xite91
-2- Lateralus22, Nightwolf
ConfidAnon
-2- Llamafluff, iamausername
No Lynch
-1- tomorrow wendy

Not Voting:
No one

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (pre-deadline)!

Deadline is Sunday, August 22nd at 1000hrs (GMT-5)

No one needs prodding as of right now or replaced!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:59 am

Post by iamausername »

I don't normally do these until later in the game, but I think I'm feeling arrogant enough to believe I am a likely N1 kill here, so I'd better get all my awesome out before then.

commieB/Lateralus22

commie made two posts. The first one contains nothing of note, but the second one is quite interesting, in that it seems to me to display at least as much ignorance of the setup as one Mr. H. Fitz did in his first post, and yet it has gone relatively uncommented on. I don't think said ignorance is anything but a nulltell, but I'm interested to hear thoughts about this from those that disagree.

Onto the main event: Lateralus.

Post #119: Right in his very first post he is giving me bad vibes with this bit of double speak:
Lateralus wrote:I don't like how Xite pointed this out as pointless, I believe I said this in our last game Xite "Any and every scummy behavior should be pointed out.". That being said reading his change in vote I don't find this as scummy if the reason he changed his vote is what I believe to be but I want him to explain in case it is not.
He berates Xite because "any and every scummy behavior should be pointed out", but then goes to agree with Xite that the behaviour in question was not scummy. So basically he's just throwing dirt at Xite for no actual reason.

Post #149: So begins his outrageously awful assault against Nexus. (Well, actually, it began a little earlier in Post #135, but I don't think there's anything particularly objectionable in that one). #149 though, urgh. Forgive me for my egocentricity, but I am forcefully reminded of my own play as scum in this game here, where I latched onto a bit of poor communication from a weaker player and relentlessly badgered them with inane questions that have no right answer.

Post #175: sweet burn, bro. that was sick.

Post #179: In all of the inane bullshit that Lat marks as proof of Nexus's scumminess, I think this is the worst. So, Xite made a list of 6 people he considered suspicious, and then later Nexus did the same, and 3 of the names on both lists were the same! NEXUS IS COPYING!!! It's just ridiculous, and I really find it difficult to believe that Lat actually thinks he is making some kind of worthwhile point with this.

Post #199: I enjoy the fact that Lat doesn't even deny that he is not actually trying to figure out Nexus's alignment.

Post #222: And here we start to move onto the next phase, where Lat starts to shift away from Nexus and onto Xite, because apparently town reads are scum slips now. But, strangely enough, his vote doesn't go anywhere. If he really thinks that Xite slipped up and accidentally admitted that he knew Nexus is town, you'd think he might want to stop voting for Nexus, no? Looks to me like he is waiting to see if an Xite wagon will take off before abandoning the healthy wagon he has already.

Post #311: Nearly 100 posts later, Lat finally switches his vote over to Xite. There's no big revelation in this post, he doesn't point out any new scummy behaviour from Xite (or new town behaviour from Nexus) that pushed him over the edge. In fact he doesn't even mention either Xite or Nexus in this post. So I am really wondering what the catalyst was for the vote change coming in this particular post.

Post #356: I actually really like this post. He's drawing attention to someone that really wasn't under any heavy suspicion elsewhere, and for a totally legit reason; posting only to respond to things that directly address you is a pretty great way to get by active lurking without people noticing, because it looks like contributing but it only furthers the goal of preventing yourself from being lynched, it does nothing for the goal of actually finding scum. Definite town points for this one.

Post #393: Also like that he is not joining the wendy wagon, because I really think scum would have trouble resisting after the self-vote. This does a lot to convince me that he might have actually believed in his stupid points against Nexus.

ConfidAnon

Post #47: We've been over the part where outright stating that you are wagoning for the sake of wagoning defeats any purpose that doing so might have, but I just want to point out that CA actually went one step further and stated that he actively disagreed with the case against the person he was wagoning here, which is even worse.

Post #81: Yeah, I'm still not going to let that "wrong wording" bit go. It's just straight up bullshit, I do not believe for a second that CA accidentally used the phrase "I am pushing for your lynch" when he did not mean it, and I don't know why most everyone else seems to be happy to let this slide.

Post #102: Total strawman of fitz's case against dalt. I struggle to see how anyone could interpret "HE IS A LYING LIAR WHO LIES" as attacking someone "for being new".

Posts #195 through #349: So yeah, remember when I said above that posting only to respond to things that directly address you is a fine way to actively lurk?

Yeah.

Really, is there anything in a single one of ConfidAnon's posts that suggest he has any interest at all in finding scum? Because if there is, I can't find it.

dalt54321/tomorrow wendy

dalt is useless, and I believe he'd have been equally useless as either alignment. Nothing to go on there.

tomorrow wendy is Adel. Since he is not massaging my ego in an attempt to influence my vote, I assume he is town, because he knows I'm easy. Done.

havingfitz

Post #22: One thing that I don't think has been addressed in the arguments about fitz's lack of setup knowledge is the fact that, as scum, he'd know that the scumteam was made up of just two goons. Which is awfully weak for a regular M. Normal game, and I think the kind of person who is sensible enough to read through mod posts for whatever information they can find as a townie would also be sensible enough to realise that that scumteam makeup indicated that this was not a regular M. Normal.

Post #230: "Llamafluff if a good player who can probably sweet talk out of korashk's bad play…but in terms of D1 suspicions I think that player slot would be a good lynch." This sentence bothers me quite a bit. One, the fearmongering suggestion that Llama is so good that we'd better lynch him quick before he uses his wizardry to convince us all that he is town. And two, the phrasing it as being "in terms of D1 suspicions", which is basically trying to diminish the worth of all D1 suspicions, which will in turn diminish the worth of D1, which will in turn diminish the worth of all days. It doesn't matter what day it is, a good case is a good case.

Post #262: "I know if Llama was lynched and flipped town, you would shoot to the top of my suspicions." This phrase would set alarm bells ringing in any post, but they ring extra loudly when it happens to appear in a post together with a vote on Llama.

Korashk/LlamaFluff

What comes through loud and clear from Korashk's posts is that he is used to playing on a site where things are done very differently to the way we do them here. Any alignment tells that might be around in those posts kind of get lost in translation.

Post #255: Llama's catch up post (well, the meat of it, at any rate). Lotsa lotsa good points in here, and his read on Xite in particular makes me think Llama is town. Referencing another previous game of mine:
Xylthixlm wrote:Little tip: town tend to think I'm ambiguous leaning town. Scum tend to think I'm incredibly scummy and an easy mislynch. It's not 100% but the pattern is there.
The impression I get is that Xite is a similar player. (See also: tomorrow wendy. Adel does that deliberately).

Post #237: This post is good because it contains a vote for scum. And further points about why CA is scum, if my ones above aren't enough for you.

Also I guess Llama did bring up the thing about the makeup of the scumteam on fitz's ignorance already.

In summary, Llama makes a lot of good points and a lot of sense.

Leech

Post #155: I like the way he calls me out for not following up on my starting gambit. Obviously, he is wrong, for reasons that have been established, but it still shows that he is thinking critically about other people's motivations.

Post #272: This I like less. He's really putting fitz into a "when did you stop beating your wife?" kind of thing, where he is scummy for continuing to push his crappy dalt case in the face of massive resistance from everybody else, but then he's
also
scummy for dropping his crappy dalt case in the face of massive resistance from everybody else.

He's also horribly wrong in all his stuff about Xite and gut feelings, but I think he actually believes what he's saying there, so that's not scummy. Yeah, that's pretty much Leech in general, actually. He is wrong wrong wrong about pretty much everything and reading his iso made me want to beat my head against a wall (or his, actually), but I think he's earnest in his wrongness. The catch-22 bit with fitz is the only thing that actually strikes me as scummy.

LoudmouthLee

I have some trouble reading LML for much the same reasons as I had trouble reading Korashk; he's used to playing on a site where things are done differently to the way we do them too. It just happens that that site is this site, in the past. It's obviously not as far removed as wherever Korashk came from, but it still interferes with things. Moreso towards the start of the game, mind; he's definitely adjusting to changes in the meta, or we're adjusting to him.

Post #164: LML confuses me and CA somehow. I can't see him doing this if CA was his scum partner.

I'm not seeing any other overt tells either way in his posts, but if CA flips scum as I expect him too, LML is town fo sho.

Nexus

He's been away for pretty much the entire time that's passed since I made this post, nothing's changed in my read on him since then.

PranaDevil

Post #8: I think I mentioned earlier that some responses to my opening gambit gave me a town read; this is what I was talking about. Not sure why it does, but my gut says that this is very much a town reaction.

Post #143: Despite several others voting for Nexus, Prana is the first one to point out the actual legit point against him with the "I forgot and I did it to see how you reacted". And yet, Prana never even joins the Nexus wagon. I really find Prana's behaviour around the Nexus wagon to be super town; the apologetic tone here in "Much as I think you seem to be a stand up bloke" and the reluctance to vote Nexus that goes with it, I like that a lot. Obviously, Nexus being a stand up bloke has nothing to do with his alignment, but it is human nature to be more inclined to want to lynch someone you dislike, and Prana struggling to separate that from his growing concern that Nexus may be scum strikes me as extremely genuine here.
[hr][/hr]

And I have to leave for work now, I'll finish looking at Prana and get onto Saga/Nightwolf + Xite when I get back. I hope to see some more votes on ConfidAnon by that time.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Xite91 »

Leech wrote:
Xite wrote:Like I said before, just seemed odd, partially because you were voting her and not contributing much to pushing her lynch, while pushing me like crazy when you're not even voting for me.
5) When you leave out the fact that I was voting for you immediately before Wendy's extremely scummy self-destruct mode, then you would have a point. Again, that point would involve you blatantly discarding the facts of the situation. I'm not contributing much to pushing her lynch, at this exact moment in time because I'm thinking about it. Get that, people sometimes think about things before they make a post on it. The fact that Wendy is an alt of a non-newbie player does change the situation. The main question, obviously, being why was Adel playing so horribly, when (s)he is obviously experienced? I'm not sure what to make of it at the moment, but it doesn't erase the blatantly scummy activities prior to that alt reveal. I'm not going to put my vote back on you, when Wendy's scummy actions still surpass those of your own. I'm not going to ignore your scummy actions, just because I'm voting Wendy, either. Why does it feel like this is the second time you've insinuated that I should?
Xite wrote:We can get more info from it later on, also we can at least try to get scum
tonight
6) Why did you write "tonight" when the town has no PR's? The town can do nothing at night. Shouldn't that say "today"?
Llamafluff wrote:@Everyone - What is your opinion on no lynch today after hearing the arguement from TW?
7) You mean the alt that is intentionally playing a terrible game, even after (s)he is exposed as a non-newbie? Why would I take anything she is saying seriously when she's deliberately making bad plays? Why wouldn't I consider her argument on this matter another, intentionally bad play? Considering I've already stated my reasons on why I disagree with it, I don't see why a player that is trying to play horribly would sway me in any way.
Xite wrote:Nope. By then it was already not going to work.
8) You keep saying this when it was YOU that ruined the gambit. How can you seriously claim that you believed it was a good way to catch scum, when it was your post that made the gambit worthless? Every time you say that you are actually saying "It was a good way to catch scum, until my post made it impossible for IAU to follow up the one reaction he could have."

On a different note I looked at the first ever Mountainous game, and the one person that did not read the rules at the start of the game was scum. Looking at that does add significant merit to IAU's play. In fact, I'm wondering if he knew about that before he made the suggestion. Everyone saying that town would be more likely to make that mistake, should definitely give the first page of that thread a good read. I'm wondering how many people actually investigated this type of game before it started.
@Leech
1) Okay, so a difference in the way we speak. I would say horrid inconsistencies, you would say horrid consistencies. My bad
2) We could, but I'd prefer not to do a "no you're wrong" argument back and forth, especially when I feel this has gone on way too long and is just becoming a problem for the rest of the town.
3) Again, I can already see this becoming a "no you're wrong" argument. I have what I meant it to be, you skew it to make me look scummy, we move on.
4) See 2 and 3
5) Considering that, with me, I feel like you're just trying real hard to find the scummy in what I do? Yes, I do think you should back off because, like I said, it's just starting to become a problem to the town.
6) :lol: are you really trying to use that as a scumtell?
First, it was night while I posted it
+ Second, I was talking to friends while I was writing it
= I mixed up my words a little.
But, since you're going to make this look horribly scummy (as in quite a bit scummy :P ) what's your take on it, sherlock?
7) Oh, but she is. Go back and reread your point 5. Didn't you say she made you go back and think about it?
8) Was not, IMO other people already had.
Also, I find it really funny that as soon as I call you out on it you start focusing more on Wendy

@Nightwolf
1) I pointed it out. I could have just waited until later to FoS them. Also, I really wanted to vote a commie, ever since I saw him on the signups list I had planned to do it. Who knows when I would have had that chance again?
2) Okay? I already defended it, you keep saying that it's still scummy to you, what do you want me to do?
4) Oh, but you were insinuating it like a mad man. Also, on cases I truly tried to push I added more than just gut.
5) Because I was the one that told him to do it and there would have been more people saying things about my telling him to do so?
7) No, I was implying that I wasn't exactly clogging up the thread, first because mine were simply added into posts that actually added content, second because there were only 3 of them, and third because they clogged the thread WAY more than my RVS stuff.
Also, I agree completely with your no-lynch analysis
tomorrow wendy wrote:"If it could be useful after having two flips, wouldn't it be better to lynch today so that it could be useful tomorrow rather than waiting an extra day and having an extra townie dead before it becomes useful?"
-- if we do that then no-lynch becomes optimal on day 2, and informed scumhunting still doesn't begin until day 3.
If it becomes useful after two flips, doesn't informed scumhunting start after two flips?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Nexus »

Writing as I read again. Sort of.

First things first: I really hate people using the reasonings "Because of gut." Xite, and Wendy are prime examples of this. Either provide some hard evidence, or don't say anything, because to me it seems like a random vote. I mean, gut probably is a large factor, but there has to have been a post that's set off your gut churning like that, surely? So, show me the posts. (Yes, I realise Leech makes this point too, but I wanted to reiterate it)

wendy randomly calling a scum team of xite and fitz was odd, because the two of them haven't really had many interactions. I haven't had much interaction with Prana, or you, Wendy, does that make us scum teams too?

Another thing: Xite seems to be really good at getting under people's skin-he did with me, and he has with wendy. I'm not sure if he's doing this because its his meta or if he's scum. He is being really distracting, though, which is to me anti-town.

Wendy: You're changing votes a lot. Since you've been here, you've voted for: havingfitz (14/8, post 288), PranaDevil (15/8, post 333), HERSELF (16/8, post 369), and then unvoting and voting a no lynch 2 minutes later (16/8, post 370). What? Absolutely ridiculous. In the space of 2 days, you've changed your vote four times. I moaned at CA, and gave that as a reason for my placing him in my scum list, so it would be bad of me to completely ignoring it. Flip flopping, if it's not scummy, is definitely anti town. You've shot up in my suspicions, on top of a lot of your random posts, some of which add nothing. Answering Question #347: I read the opening post. Once it was asked for people to reveal power roles, I re-read the opening post again, and was going to post my shock that someone was saying something silly, but was beat to it. When it was explained in the thread is when I realised. Having then read the next few responses to your questions, I don't actually see the point in this question, but hell, I'll give you your little pleasure of making me do what you want and answering you.

LML: Can I just clarify you mean the "I kept my vote on you because..." bit? Just to clarify, I'm not disagreeing, if that's what you mean.

Post 369 and 370 I actually happened to log on during a free moment, and I facepalmed. I don't even understand, and I was speechless for a good five minutes. I could understand if it was a hammer, as a townie, but it wasn't even a hammer. Pro-town wouldn't vote for themselves, pro town will defend themselves to the death, rather than give up.

Also, alt fail. I find it absurd that if you have an alt, that you don't want people to know, you won't triple check before you post. Especially when you then claim it was going to be an important post. Idk what that means, but it's odd.

I disagree with no lynch, full stop. So, tw pushing for this and claiming it's a good thing does not sit well with me-I can't see a pro town player agreeing with a no lynch. Yes, she gives statistics, but I always thought a no lynch was better for times when it's getting more difficult. Day one, imo, is not this time.

Fitz saying "I want to vote her but won't" is suspicious-if you're town, you've got nothing to worry about if you vote to lynch her (Post 378, 10.56pm, 16/8). And then, two days later, 30 posts later, you go ahead and vote for her. I don't really see the point in you being like "yeah, no gonna vote..." then "oh, the situation's basically the same, but I don't mind voting now." Don't like it.

Post #415: Suddenly I'm next on your list, despite being v/la and not actually having any interaction with you? I'm quite confused, but whatever. AND THEN you say gut. Urgh.

Also, two flips, then you're useful? Not really much point in you being here, then. You're just distracting town and making our lives more difficult, and are willing to sacrifice two townies. Then, we'd be down 4 town, and then you're gonna be useful? Noty. I'd rather lynch you now to get away from your distracting play. Also. You've just said "Fitz is scum, then Nexus" but, in the same post say: "i prefer to lynch Xite today if enough people don't see the light and elect nolynch." How does that work? If fitz isn't scum, and you're suspicious of Xite, why the hell would you lynch me? Yes, I know it's just "suspicion," but surely your answer would be Xite?

OK, so this is what I've got so far.

I have suspicions on Fitz and Wendy. Wendy is highest on my list, though. Her two flips then useful thing, plus "gut" is really grating on me.

I'm going to learn from my last mistake, and
unvote
because currently llamafluff is third on my list. I'm not going to vote wendy yet because I want her to explain herself, and if someone decides to hammer before she gets a chance, I'll feel quite bad. Even if she flips scum. but,
FoS:tomorrow wendy

That took a long time. I am never going away for five days again.
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:31 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

Nexus wrote:Wendy: You're changing votes a lot. Since you've been here, you've voted for: havingfitz (14/8, post 288), PranaDevil (15/8, post 333), HERSELF (16/8, post 369), and then unvoting and voting a no lynch 2 minutes later (16/8, post 370). What? Absolutely ridiculous. In the space of 2 days, you've changed your vote four times.
but dalt didn't change his vote, so doesn't it balance. Besides, Prana needed a good poke. I'm back to thinking that h.fitz and xite are scum.

someone asked how to prove that something is random,
so I'll demonstrate.

I will use the lottery drawing at http://www.calottery.com/games/fantasyfive/ as my random number generator
the drawing is in a few hours, so I'll place my vote tomorrow with the result
the game posts five numbers, and I'll use the last of the five
if the last number for the AUG 18 drawing is
even = i'll vote for h.fitz
odd = i'll vote for xite
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:35 am

Post by PranaDevil »

tomorrow wendy wrote:Besides, Prana needed a good poke.
It's been a year.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:13 am

Post by havingfitz »

Nexus wrote:Fitz saying "I want to vote her but won't" is suspicious-if you're town, you've got nothing to worry about if you vote to lynch her (Post 378, 10.56pm, 16/8). And then, two days later, 30 posts later, you go ahead and vote for her. I don't really see the point in you being like "yeah, no gonna vote..." then "oh, the situation's basically the same, but I don't mind voting now." Don't like it.

I never said any of the things you have in quotations for me above. That's a pretty big misrepresentation IMO. WTF? I said I was about to post her and decided to hold off as her wagon was growing too fast along with her erratic actions in the short time I was putting my post together. It was late and I did not feel like waiting for the dust to settle. And how do I have nothing to worry about if I'm town...I got something to worry about if I have a momentary seed of doubt and don't want a mislynch. And why the time stamp on my first post but not the one you say is two days later when it was basically the same posting window, just a day later (25.5 hrs). And how is that or the number of other posts between suspicious?

BTW...it wasn't clear in your post but the section below could easily be attributed to me when it's actually from tw.
Nexus wrote:Post #415: Suddenly I'm next on your list, despite being v/la and not actually having any interaction with you? I'm quite confused, but whatever. AND THEN you say gut. Urgh.

Also, two flips, then you're useful? ......

Nexus wrote:I have suspicions on Fitz and Wendy. Wendy is highest on my list, though. Her two flips then useful thing, plus "gut" is really grating on me.

I'm going to learn from my last mistake, and
unvote
because currently llamafluff is third on my list. I'm not going to vote wendy yet because I want her to explain herself, and if someone decides to hammer before she gets a chance, I'll feel quite bad. Even if she flips scum. but,
FoS:tomorrow wendy
So you unvote and drop llama to third (for having leveled off I assume), move Wendy up to the top of your list (where dalt was earlier in the game...the same dalt you are suspicious of me for suspecting so adamently). Who is second? Me?

And how is you FoSing Wendy and saying you'll wait to vote her until she's had a chance to explain herself any different from the criticism you put on me in your first quote in this post? Ridiculous. And then you'll feel sorry for her if she get's hammered even if she were to flip scum? I'm finding it harder and harder to believe there are only two scum in this game. <head shake>

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:15 am

Post by havingfitz »

And tw's last post confirms my vote on her (or him). If you are are town Adel you could have done a much better job in this game IMO.

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Nexus »

Well, ok, you make fair points. Yes, the post #415 bit is about tw, not you.

The bit in quotations was paraphrasing a bit, rather than quoting, I apologise for not fully explaining that.

I was suspicious of you against dalt, not against wendy. You were tunnelling dalt on a very flimsy basis. I'm not suspicious of you for voting for tw based on HER actions, I was based on how you were reading dalt's.

Yeah, ok, I made a mistake there criticising you for doing the same thing, and I apologise.
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:17 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

havingfitz wrote:And tw's last post confirms my vote on her (or him). If you are are town Adel you could have done a much better job in this game IMO.
and if I were scum?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:36 am

Post by PranaDevil »

If you're scum, we'd like to thank you very much for making it easy.

However it is suspicious, as surely even if wendy is scum, he could have done a much better job? Getting classed as scummy to that extent is poor play whether you're scum or town. Not just if you're town... so I'm wondering if HF knows something the rest of us don't?

I'm still suspicious as hell of Wendy, but that HF line makes me wonder a lot.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:38 am

Post by havingfitz »

tomorrow wendy wrote:
havingfitz wrote:And tw's last post confirms my vote on her (or him). If you are are town Adel you could have done a much better job in this game IMO.
and if I were scum?
Town wouldn't mind your play in this game nearly as much.

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

TW is town. Lat, Wolf and IAU are also probably town (in order of decreasing strength of read). I want to tag PD on the end of that list but gut is not letting me.

I would be happy with a no lynch today, but see my previous arguement on it not being a fundamentally good idea in this situation.

Xite wagon is looking like it is made of town. Will put up reasoning for that sometime soon, but have a final this friday, then am helping my little brother move in for his freshman year over the weekend before I start up classes again Monday.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Nexus wrote:1) First things first: I really hate people using the reasonings "Because of gut." Xite, and Wendy are prime examples of this. Either provide some hard evidence, or don't say anything, because to me it seems like a random vote. I mean, gut probably is a large factor, but there has to have been a post that's set off your gut churning like that, surely? So, show me the posts. (Yes, I realise Leech makes this point too, but I wanted to reiterate it)

2) Another thing: Xite seems to be really good at getting under people's skin-he did with me, and he has with wendy. I'm not sure if he's doing this because its his meta or if he's scum. He is being really distracting, though, which is to me anti-town.

3) That took a long time. I am never going away for five days again.
1) I did add a case to what people I did push, that has been discussed.
2) You - To find scum.
Wendy - Because I think she's scum.
It's my way of catching scum, I apologize if it bugs you, but it's how I play :)
3) I lol'd
tomorrow wendy wrote:someone asked how to prove that something is random,
so I'll demonstrate.

I will use the lottery drawing at http://www.calottery.com/games/fantasyfive/ as my random number generator
the drawing is in a few hours, so I'll place my vote tomorrow with the result
the game posts five numbers, and I'll use the last of the five
if the last number for the AUG 18 drawing is
even = i'll vote for h.fitz
odd = i'll vote for xite
First - It was me that asked for that, it was because someone asked someone to show proof of randomness.
Second - Why not just vote for who you think is scummier? Didn't you say you would prefer lynching Fitz to me?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Nightwolf »

@Xite:
2) So just because you claim something means I have to believe it, and forgive all your actions related to it automatically? I have explained that I have reasons to doubt your claim and as such, I evaluate your actions accordingly. So unless you can show a way that the logic I expressed about the gambit is wrong or at least offer more about what you were thinking at the time that could somehow relate to or modify that logic, I don't see much more to discuss here.
4) I just back and skimed your whole iso, and it appears that your cases on Lat and fitz have no more substance than your (supposably fake) case on Nexus did. Can you summarize what your case against fitz is for me please?
5) Only if you assume beforehand that people would have caught it. If they didn't then they would be attacking him, and they still could potentially have attacked him anyway because he should believe in an case that he puts forward and due to "because (s)he told me to" not being a good excuse. Anyway, since you believed the suspicion would've ended up on you if any came about from it, then you did make that assumption that people would have caught it, meaning that you knew it was there yourself. But if you knew it was there yourself, you wouldn't have wrote it that way (or at least have changed the wording before submitting) because it would have been simple to make the same point without turning good advice into misleading advice.
7) I think you missed the point of what I was trying to say completely because that didn't seem to adress my question at all.
Nightwolf wrote:7) By going through and counting up all the posts you could find on the topic, are you implying that
it
should not have been discussed at all?
The bolded it refers to the early wagon gambit claims, if that helps to clarify the question at all.
More in depth explanation: You counted up all the posts you could find from LmL, Prana, and CA on the topic of their gambits/wagons/whatever you want to call them. After you do so, you compare it to the number of your filler comments. By comparing all of their posts on the topic to the number of your own comments that you admit are useless, it would seem that you would have to be weighing all of the posts you counted of theirs as useless as well to make it a fair comparison. Therefore, my question, did you mean to imply/do you believe that those gambit claims did not deserve to be discussed at all?

Other General Comments:

My level of suspicion on wendy has decreased by a fair amount, thanks in part to iau's link. I couldn't put my finger on what felt somewhat off about wendy's play and level of suspicion to me before, but that link does seem to match the feeling I had a bit. Going to go back and look a bit more closely at some of my other suspects, as well as deeper into some of the more recent cases (Leech's and iau's specifically come to mind here, though for different reasons), to see if anyone has passed wendy as my second most suspicious. Also, I am going to make an effort to check in a bit more to keep up with any events that may occur faster as we approach deadline.
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by Nightwolf »

EBWOP:

Relatively unrelated to game (at least in my opinion): Could someone tell me how to link to specific posts such as iau did? Just something that seems good to know for situations that would otherwise be tons of quotes such as his post was.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

IAM wrote:dalt54321/tomorrow wendy

dalt is useless, and I believe he'd have been equally useless as either alignment. Nothing to go on there.

tomorrow wendy is Adel. Since he is not massaging my ego in an attempt to influence my vote, I assume he is town, because he knows I'm easy. Done.
NightWolf wrote:Other General Comments:

My level of suspicion on wendy has decreased by a fair amount, thanks in part to iau's link.
Really? I felt that IAM's case on Wendy was marginal, at best. Considering that some people (and yes, I don't have an Adel meta) play with alts differently than they do under a different name.

FoS: NightWolf
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Llama wrote:Xite wagon is looking like it is made of town.
Mod wrote:Vote Count:
tomorrow wendy -5- Xite91, LoudmouthLee, PranaDevil, Leech, havingfitz
Llamafluff -2- ConfidAnon, Nexus
Xite91 -2- Lateralus22, Nightwolf
ConfidAnon -2- Llamafluff, iamausername
No Lynch -1- tomorrow wendy

Not Voting: No one

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (pre-deadline)!
Llama, from same post wrote:TW is town. Lat, Wolf and IAU are also probably town (in order of decreasing strength of read). I want to tag PD on the end of that list but gut is not letting me.
Considering you basically posted the same thing twice (yay, redundancy.) Your post looks an awful lot like fluff.

Questions for you:

1) Why/How do you have Town reads on TW, Lat and Wolf?
2) Since you feel the Xite wagon is a town wagon, What is your read in Xite?
3) Your vote is CA right now, do you feel it's best placed there?

and finally...

4) If you have a pro-town read on Xite, aren't you afraid of the scum jumping on at some point as a mislynch? If you have an anti-town read on Xite, why aren't you voting for him?

Your post seems to smell of blustering... almost making a comment to see how it'd fly.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:48 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

LoudmouthLee wrote:1) Why/How do you have Town reads on TW, Lat and Wolf?
This gets explained when I have not been drinking. Town tells are mostly gut mixed with weak tells though. Are you challenging any of these town reads?
2) Since you feel the Xite wagon is a town wagon, What is your read in Xite?
Scummy. She has been in my top few picks since I replaced into this game. Everyone voting her looking very town is her voting.
3) Your vote is CA right now, do you feel it's best placed there?
Not quite sure, I am probably going to move it to Xite pretty soon. TW is a strong town read, leads votes, and deadline appears to be approaching. CA is still very scummy though, I would be happy with a lynch of Xite or CA.
4) If you have a pro-town read on Xite, aren't you afraid of the scum jumping on at some point as a mislynch? If you have an anti-town read on Xite, why aren't you voting for him?
I want to at least lay out a few key points as to why xite is scum before I vote her, which I think that I will be doing here soon.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

LlamaFluff wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:1) Why/How do you have Town reads on TW, Lat and Wolf?
This gets explained when I have not been drinking. Town tells are mostly gut mixed with weak tells though. Are you challenging any of these town reads?
Being as LmL is voting wendy, I'd have said that one went without saying. I don't feel wendy is town either. The sudden vote hopping, the almost deliberately acting scummy play... it's not town behaviour in my view.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Nightwolf wrote:@Xite:
2) So just because you claim something means I have to believe it, and forgive all your actions related to it automatically? I have explained that I have reasons to doubt your claim and as such, I evaluate your actions accordingly. So unless you can show a way that the logic I expressed about the gambit is wrong or at least offer more about what you were thinking at the time that could somehow relate to or modify that logic, I don't see much more to discuss here.
4) I just back and skimed your whole iso, and it appears that your cases on Lat and fitz have no more substance than your (supposably fake) case on Nexus did. Can you summarize what your case against fitz is for me please?
5) Only if you assume beforehand that people would have caught it. If they didn't then they would be attacking him, and they still could potentially have attacked him anyway because he should believe in an case that he puts forward and due to "because (s)he told me to" not being a good excuse. Anyway, since you believed the suspicion would've ended up on you if any came about from it, then you did make that assumption that people would have caught it, meaning that you knew it was there yourself. But if you knew it was there yourself, you wouldn't have wrote it that way (or at least have changed the wording before submitting) because it would have been simple to make the same point without turning good advice into misleading advice.
7) I think you missed the point of what I was trying to say completely because that didn't seem to adress my question at all.
Nightwolf wrote:7) By going through and counting up all the posts you could find on the topic, are you implying that
it
should not have been discussed at all?
The bolded it refers to the early wagon gambit claims, if that helps to clarify the question at all.
More in depth explanation: You counted up all the posts you could find from LmL, Prana, and CA on the topic of their gambits/wagons/whatever you want to call them. After you do so, you compare it to the number of your filler comments. By comparing all of their posts on the topic to the number of your own comments that you admit are useless, it would seem that you would have to be weighing all of the posts you counted of theirs as useless as well to make it a fair comparison. Therefore, my question, did you mean to imply/do you believe that those gambit claims did not deserve to be discussed at all?

Other General Comments:

My level of suspicion on wendy has decreased by a fair amount, thanks in part to iau's link. I couldn't put my finger on what felt somewhat off about wendy's play and level of suspicion to me before, but that link does seem to match the feeling I had a bit. Going to go back and look a bit more closely at some of my other suspects, as well as deeper into some of the more recent cases (Leech's and iau's specifically come to mind here, though for different reasons), to see if anyone has passed wendy as my second most suspicious. Also, I am going to make an effort to check in a bit more to keep up with any events that may occur faster as we approach deadline.
2) First, I gave my reasoning, my explanation, everything, what more do you want?
That last sentence - Exactly, we should drop it because this is a point that is being beaten into the ground and will not find any middle-way.
4) They were there, just not all nicely posted in a big case, just points here and there.
I think that Fitz has been bussing Dalt and now wendy (look at how convinced he is that they're scum, then he gets angry when no one listens, so on and so forth, he knows they're scum and feels like he can coast off of that when they flip "See guys, now you know I'm town because I was the one that pushed for their lynch!" I've seen it done plenty of times)
Wendy has been distancing from Fitz (borderline bussing herself)
Since I'm convinced that Wendy is scum, I am even more convinced that they're scum partners.
The only thing that would change my mind is if I had actually played with Adel before and seen if she played smart as scum or not (intentionally distancing/buddying because if she gets lynched it's an easy mislynch D2) but I'm too lazy to meta, so I'm going to assume that what I see is what I get.
5) I see what you're getting at here, and I actually agree now that I'm thinking about it. Still, when I'm pretty sure someone's town, I will defend them if I think they're going to get lynched.
7) I don't think it should have been addressed to the point that it was, 3 maybe 4 posts per player would have sufficed.
Nightwolf wrote:EBWOP:

Relatively unrelated to game (at least in my opinion): Could someone tell me how to link to specific posts such as iau did? Just something that seems good to know for situations that would otherwise be tons of quotes such as his post was.
title here
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”