Open 242 - Friends and Enemies Mafia (Over!)

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:27 am

Post by molestargazer »

My condolences, CSL. Don't rush back for us.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:02 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

gandalf5166 wrote:Yeah, zwet definitely doesn't live up to the hype.
what hype? People know me for posting really little in games and knowing a hell of a lot about classical music. That's it.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Socrates »

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Gandalf (4) - Battle Mage, Smashbro_of_the_SSS, zwet, CSL
Zwet (2) - JordanA24, gandalf
Super Smash Bros. Fan (1) - Haylen
DarkLightA (1) - Super Smash Bros. Fan

Not Voting: DarkLightA, Jahudo, molestargazer

With 11 alive it is 6 to lynch.

I haven't done an activity check yet, but CSL has declared V/LA.

EDIT: Nobody needs a prod at this time.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:22 am

Post by Jahudo »

Battle Mage wrote:Good summary? Could you quickly respond as i have to each of SSBF's points, and prove to me that it's a "good summary". It scarcely contains an iota of sincerity.
Sure, but the good summary stuff I was referring to wasn't all about you. It was about him taking a stand on everyone. I find that pro-town.
Battle Mage wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:What's your meta on CSL?
Not sure why you're asking DarkLightA for his meta on CSL, when CSL already provided meta himself with DarkLightA. So basically, this question has already been answered by CSL, which makes the question kind of redundant.
How do you figure that? Why would Darklight's meta on CSL be the same as CSL's meta on Darklight? Presumably the purpose of my question was to compare the former to the latter.
Actually I didn't understand this part. CSL only said he played a game with Darklight, which isn't the same thing as saying you know how they're going to play. But whatever, it seemed like a harmless question to promote discussion on SSBF's part.

SSBF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Because it only helps the scum ascertain who are likely to be masons.

Unvote, Vote: DarkLightA
Since you're apparently not in RVS, could you mind explaining your vote on DarkLightA?
I believe i already have, at least once. I voted him for buddying.
Yeah BM explained his vote in post 74. But since he never pushed this suspicion, its worth asking him if he still likes it, etc. But its true SSBF probably should have been on top of this one.

SSBF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:No reasoning at all. Complete OMGUS.
Did you read his later posts where he explains his vote on you? To be honest, your vote on DarkLightA was pretty bad from my perspective as well. And this is hypocritical of you considering that your vote lacked reasoning as well.
WRONG WRONG WRONG. My vote lacked STATED reasoning, but did not lack reasoning. It's clear that you haven't read the game, simply skimmed, decided i'm lynchable and tried to set after me. What other explanation is there for the fact your opening analysis seems to be almost entirely criticism of me, with very little comment on anyone else. There's no sign of any objective analysis from you yet.
You are voting for me though, right?
You're both right. BM is okay for not stating reasoning in the post, but BECAUSE he does that DarkLight is okay for voting him back without a reasoning for the purpose of not having a reasoning. Its not the same as attacking the player for voting you BECAUSE the vote is focused on the why and not the because.

SSBF wrote:
Town:
gandalf5166, molestargazer, Jahudo, (To a lesser extend), JordanA24.
Neutral:
None so far.
Scum:
DarkLightA, Battle Mage, zwetschenwasser, (To a lesser extend) Haylen
Lurkers:
smashbro_of_the_SSS, CSL

My top suspect is DarkLightA. While I thought his attack against Battle Mage was slightly pro-town, he turns a complete 180 on his play starting with his horrible case on Haylen which he fails to support. He isn't even voting someone now, instead simply FoSing zwetschenwasser without really explaining his suspicion on him. The scumminess of his recent posts exceed Battle Mage's post.

Battle Mage is also suspicious. While his play is better later on, his early play was pretty scummy, and he's a decent candidate for today. Will support his lynch if DarkLightA doesn't get through.
I'm not seeing this. The majority of your post was set out as a pre-meditated attack on me, and then at the last minute, you back out and gun for DarkLightA? Gimme some examples of my play being "better later on".
I disagree with BM here. Half the post is about DarkLight, but for the sake of transparency SSBF is giving reads on everyone. I don't like BM's call that this is a pre-meditated attack, because I don't see it that way.
Post about gandalf coming up.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:40 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Really, SSBF, I've suspected all the people who are on your list as 'scum'. Aint that weird?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

DarkLightA wrote:Really, SSBF, I've suspected all the people who are on your list as 'scum'. Aint that weird?
Not really, but what is weird is that you aren't voting for any of your suspects. Simply FoSing people is not enough to convince people that a particular person is scum.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:16 pm

in other words, as scum you're most likely to succeed at busing if you actually VOTE for your partner.
Unvote; Vote: DarkLightA
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:19 am

Post by molestargazer »

Just skimmed the game. My gut says
Vote: Gandalf

Now, here's the reasons my brain can find for why my gut thinks he needs to do the hemp fandango today.

- Original vote for BM is OK, but the fact he continues the case after BM explained both why he did it and the reasoning behind the vote that he didn't post in the first place...
- Followed by a quick "Oh, I agree with Haylen" then a backtrack because he can't continue the case. His next post is also "I agree with Haylen", whilst being completely pointless.
- "I agree with Zwet."
- Zwet's 106-111 discussion with Gandalf makes perfect sense to me, but he's acting confused.
- "I agree with SSBF."
- "I agree with DarkLightA."
- I don't know what this is called, but it's scummy. "Every time I've been lynched for this before, I've been town" doesn't mean you are this time.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:38 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Me and Gandalf are masons.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:29 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Holy crap, DLA, why'd you claim for us so early?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:48 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Not like we stood a chance anyway, was afraid of a quicklynch
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:45 am

DarkLightA wrote:Me and Gandalf are masons.
Gandalf5166 was at L-2. This is not the proper time to be claiming. Furthermore, the deadline isn't so close that it's either a claim or face a lynch.
DarkLightA wrote:Not like we stood a chance anyway, was afraid of a quicklynch
I highly doubt you were going to be quick lynched. Why were you concerned about being quick lynched?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Jahudo »

Gandalf was at L-1 with mole's vote actually. And for future reference I think gandalf should have been the one to claim, since a counter-claim would have been unlikely and at least the third mason could stay hidden for a little while. Since we know this is an open setup with verifiable power roles, there should not have been any worry over a quicklynch.

But what's done is done and, of course, gandalf and darklight are off-limits. Unvotes please.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:25 am

Post by molestargazer »

*Sigh*
Unvote
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

lol *facepalm*

Unvote

It's a good claim. Unfortunately, that means we need to completely re-assess the game. Will reread now.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Oh, was I at L1?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:04 pm

the two most scummy people in the game claim masons. What's wrong with this picture?
Confirm Vote: DarkLightA
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

alrighty, interesting claim. I'll
unvote
for now because of it.

Not sure whether or not to believe the claim, so I'll reread and then see. I assume no, but do we have any counterclaims?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:39 pm

Jahudo wrote:Gandalf was at L-1 with mole's vote actually.
You are not correct about this.
Socrates [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2449479#p2449479]#177[/url] wrote:Gandalf (4) - Battle Mage, Smashbro_of_the_SSS, zwet, CSL
gandalf5166 was at L-2 as of the latest voecount. zwetchenwasser unvoted gandalf5166 to vote DarkLightA, putting him at L-3. molestargazer voted gandalf5166, putting him at L-2 again. Then DarkLightA claimed.

The lynch threshold is six votes. gandalf5166 was at four votes with molestargazer's vote.

However, the rest of your arguments are good enough and a Mason claim sounds legitimate, so
unvote

Will need to re-read the thread to see where my vote should go.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

If no one counter claims, which for scum would be pretty stupid, so I don't expect it, we're confirmed town. I was hoping to wait to claim until later. Zwet, unvote or you will almost certainly be lynched.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Jahudo »

SSSS
what was scummy about Gandalf being a follower? You only said that it was, not why.
I'm seeing the point on Gandalf being a follower, including his last post, so I'm thinking that he is scummy at the moment.
This next quote is a very empty statement. It basically sounds like you want people to know you are reading the game, which should be a given.
There are a few other's I'm watching, but nothing enough to note at the moment.
Maybe you want to look like you are trying.
gandalf has done little in this game aside from the random comment or two, which usually isn't a firm stance on anything.
Pot calling the kettle black. How do you rationalize this for yourself?
--------------------------------------

CSL
only thing he said of interest so far is this:
It's gandalf vs Zwet, eh?

This is Zwet's town meta, so he's town. Where is gandalf dragging that unneeded case on him to?
What is zwet’s meta? I don’t like how this statement is limiting the game’s focus. There’s no reason we have to lynch one or the other, but it’s a good position for scum to take if they’re both town and scum don’t want discussion on them or their buddies day 1.

Haylen
I don't believe right now that Jordan's scum. Gut feeling.
Jordan only made 1 post after you asked him if he was scum, to when you made this post. Did that post affect your gut read, or had you already had it for a while?

Molestar
why did you think gandalf’s agreement posts were scummy? People had already recognized him as a follower. Did you consider his motivation to do this as scum? Because you didn’t explain it like you did for the other tells in your case, and I don’t know why.
- "I agree with SSBF."
- "I agree with DarkLightA."
---------------------------------------
My reads are as follows: scum are SSSS, Mole and CSL. I don't like how SSSS and Mole went after Gandalf for being a follower without explaining why that was a case. Too easy for scum to throw a buzzword up without providing reasoning. I don't like CSL limiting his focus. It tries to stem the natural flow of discussion, which scum can use to avoid talking about each other. I also don't like how SSSS is trying to act like he's providing more contribution (by watching people) than he can show for it. Since he didn't even have reasoning for the people he talked about, I can't imagine how he'd have any explanation for why he was watching other people closer than others in the first place. So it looks fake.

Also I'm believing the masons unless they are counter-claimed, which I think has a .00001% chance of happening.

Vote: SSSS
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:25 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Jahudo, why do you not think zwet is scum? Also, I still haven't seen any zwet scum meta.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Haylen »

Masons claim: In the words of the great South Park "Holy Shit Dude"

The one bout to be lynched should've claimed and the last mason should've said nothing. DAMMIT.

Jahudo: I know Jordan very very well. It doesn't take more than a few posts for me to get a gut read on him.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:41 am

@Haylen: Just noticed that you had a vote on me due to drmyshottyizsik lurking. I have been posting for at least once a real life day in this game thread. If you still think I'm scummier then everyone else still, explain why.

@DarkLightA: Why did you out gandalf5166 as the third mason partner?

Also,
Unvote, Vote: zwetchenwasser

Yes DarkLightA outing his partner who wasn't at L-1 was a questionable decision, but as other have pointed out, in this type of games, Masons are extremely difficult to counterclaim. Instead of unvoting since a counterclaim hasn't occured yet, he goes to
confirm
his vote on DarkLightA. This looks like scum trying to lynch a power role and a badly disguise plan at it.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Haylen »

Oops.

Unvote
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.

Return to “Completed Open Games”