Mini 1000: The Brave and the Beautiful (Game Over)

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:25 am

Post by Iecerint »

I am leaning toward lynching Kast on the basis that his arguments make assumptions that make less sense to me. Kdub summaries my feelings on the issue very well. Also, MoI was my strongest town read prior to Kast calling it into doubt.

I will say that this game's MoI is different from the MoI who was in Disgaea 2. THAT MoI seemed scummy to me, but was town. This one SEEMS town, but ye know... :?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:40 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Furc
– Who did you hide behind N3?
Furc wrote:@magna, I know what it is, your peacocking read the same way that someone begging and flailing did to me
If you know what it is why do you insist on using it wrong? Purposely labelling something as a fallacy when it is not is scummy. Why don’t you get over your wounded pride regarding Harry Potter Mafia. You played like crap and were forced to Treestump because you were going to be lynched. Life goes on.
Kdub wrote:Without quoting the mod's PM directly, can you be as specific as you can about how grapple beam works? Does it explicitly say it copies abilities, or just the effects of abilities? That's an important distinction. Can you ask the mod for clarification if possible?
I’ve previously asked for clarification. To post without directly quoting – any ability that affects the Grapple beam user will also affect the Grapple beam target. I specifically asked whether a Nightkill targeted at Neto would also affect Spyrex. SaintK confirmed it would put made no mention of flavor results.
Kast wrote:Bolded to show your lack of reading ability.
Sigh … your simplistic take on the issue deserves attention. You are claiming that the information provided regarding millar is a MOD mechanic and not a player driven result. That’s fine. Please explain the following then.

Why is millar the only Day / Night 1 flip? I’d really love to see how you justify 1 scum player killed / lynched Day / Night 1 flipping but not another.
Kast wrote:You chose to investigate a player because you thought he was pro-town, DESPITE ADAMANTLY REPEATING in game that proving role abilities does not prove affiliation. Please link to a game in which you as town decided to try to investigate and find potential town instead of investigating to find scum.
Proven abilities does not equal proven alignment. I’ve repeatedly said this. That said I’m intelligent enough to make my own judgement’s based on reliable information (ie information my Steal ability shows that is provided by Mod).

Since you are on the bandwagon of attacking claims regarding abilities why do you consider Furc’s Ability Cop power to be more an indication of Town status than Muffin’s Alignment Cop power. Because in my experience Ability Cops often are Mafia while Alignment Cops almost NEVER are.

I’m sure your response will resolve around their play. That’s fine as it’s pretty clear to anyone not trying to spin a scumtastic case that Furc’s play is textbook VI compared to Muffin.
Kast wrote:-Why wouldn't you stop a kill?
--Why wouldn't you try to confirm suspected vig/scum and if vig control a kill you obviously didn't trust in Shotty's hands?
--Why wouldn't you use the investigation on suspected vig/scum to guarantee lynch (instead of targetting a lurker who wouldn't be in the running for a mislynch anyway)?
Lol read what I wrote. The explanation is right there. But your last statement is interesting. Smart Alignment Cop play isn't to scan a suspect you find already suspicious. Smart Alignment cop play is to scan a player who is difficult to read. So attempting to paint my decision to scan bv310 as not wise is again scumtastic.
Kast wrote:You aren't addressing any of my content. We agree that Neto demonstrates stronger and more rational play in general than Fur. That does nothing to counter my point. The fact that Neto is dead likewise does nothing. Less straw men and more addressing my actual post please.
I’ve clearly addressed the issue but you keep blantatly pretending I haven’t because your arguments don’t hold water. Neto’s play was much more Pro-Town than Furc’s. End of story. Throw around accusastions that Neto’s wasn’t being logical all you want. Everyone else can judge for themselves.

I again laugh at your attempt to discredit using Wikitells. Funny. Pointing out the pure scum motivation in attacking a dead player shows why you are scum.
Kast wrote:To be clear, you are claiming that kill flavor is no different from any other flavor. Please be clear.
@Mod- Please clarify whether kill flavor is meaningless fluff or whether it actually indicates different game mechanics.
Incorrect. You are the one arguing that kill flavor is a game mechanic while other flavour is meaningless. If that’s the case why did you bother to post all the flavor you received from RC regarding hearing noises?
Kast wrote:Clarify. Nowhere in Page 1 does it say that destroyed is "generic kill flavor". It explicitly states that individuals who are lynched will be "Destroyed" and nothing more than that.
If you can’t understand the eminently logical leap that Destroyed is generic flavour I can’t help you. Your inability to not understand that 1+1=2 doesn’t make it wrong.
Kast wrote:In case your reading comprehension is too poor to understand that, I think there is one remaining scum and MoI is it.
My reading comprehension is fine. I just wanted to to clearly commit that you think there is 1 scum of any flavor left.
Kast wrote:Read the post.
I did. Your argument that Neto’s vote, based on his back and forth with Robo, is more opportunistic than Shotty / your vote “cause innocents have nothing to fear” and Furc’s “Robo annoys me” is just ludicrous and scummy.
Kast wrote:Be more clear. I pointed out that MoI-scum is probably lying about using Fur's stolen role cop ability on his buddy Neto-scum. MoI's claim about Neto-scum's ability has a huge, objective flaw. The ability itself is likely to be a scum potential protection/potential misinformation ability. Neto likely didn't even use the ability on Day 1, much less use it to target Spyrex.
What he probably did is target Spyrex with a "generic" mafia kill.
Bolded for emphasis. Look closely what is being said. Kast is claiming a generic mafia kill flavor that is the same as the lynch flavor. But earlier he’s argued that each Mafian should have their own kill flavor. He also argued that the flavor written by the Mod is rich and that Mod would not make the mistake of duplicating flavor. Selective arguing of the facts? Scumtastic.
Kast wrote:How do you know that the mafia kill will not appear as a player ability if investigated by a role cop? This is the crux of this objection; MoI's claim that a role cop investigation would not reveal kill abilities if targetting a mafia player.
It’s clear logical reference. I have two different abilities. My ability to steal and my secondary ability that BV310 has vouched for. Furc has claimed the ability to hide in addition to his Observe ability. Yet when I stole from him I didn’t get both. I only got the ability to Observe. Likewise I only saw one ability from both Neto and Spyrex (not that we have any confirmation that they had mutiple abilities). Do you think if I had stolen from a Mafia Roleblocker (which we almost certainly have) that I would get both abilities?

And to correct you Furc isn’t a ROLE COP. He’s an ability cop. Huge difference there Tex, but one I see you seem to be ignoring in your desperate attempt to make me look like scum.

So your points after that aren’t really valid as Furc it’s clear from both my and Furc’s statements that he’s not a role cop but Ability Cop. He never claimed to be able to determine someone’s role just their ability.
Kast wrote:2. MoI has roleblocked two cops. This is undeniable fact.
-The first cop was a role-cop and he claims he used the role cop to investigate Neto in order to confirm a townie. Why attempt to investigate a townie instead of attempt to find scum?
-The second cop was an affiliation-cop; yes the investigation of Muffin would most likely confirm Muffin town (ignoring possibilities of SKs), however he claims to have used the stolen investigation on a lurker instead of using it on either of the two players he claims to suspect as scum. This makes no sense.
You keep saying that I’m role-blocking someone. That’s an outright lie. A role-blocker prevents an ability from being used. I didn’t prevent their use. I simply allowed myself to use the ability in place of them. So repeating over and over that I role-blocked someone is incorrect. Role-blocking is what you partner who seduces players does.

Once again Furc is an ability cop not a role cop. I'll keep repeating it until you comprehend.

If you are objecting to my scanning of bv310 you don’t know how to play Cop then. You scan hard to read lurkers and lynch scum. Only bad players scan people they find scummy.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Kast »

@KDub-
-The main point/assumption is not that Neto is scum, it's that MoI's claim about Grapple Beam is incompatible with mod provided information. Neto is probably scum is one of the likely results of my analysis, but it is not a necessary assumption.

Other points include his poorly thought out claimed target choices and reasons (again independent of Neto's affiliation); his (relatively) unbalanced claimed ability (again independent of Neto); and the inconsistency between his stated distrust of

-I don't think Robo is scum; there would be no bussing value for scum to lynch with ZR. I also don't think Muffin can be scum. He could be an insane cop (or some flavor of sanity-challenged). Another possibility is scum could also have messed with the investigation (potentially done by Neto/Samus).

@Fur-
-Muffin's claimed N2 action was investigating MoI, though he says he survived Shotty's kill attempt due to hiding in a bulletproof closet. That does raise a point which seems to have been lost/dropped.
Side note: Hiding in a bulletproof closet could fit but is unnecessary with Shotty's flavor. Shotty was told there was a lump on the bed under the covers, he shot it, but before he could check if Muffin was dead, he heard a noise so left.

@Muffin-
-Someone asked this previously, but do you actually have a passive ability and/or any explanation/idea for how/why you survived the kill attempt?

@Iec-
-If you've already made up your mind then might as well vote. We're probably in an okay position for a few mislynches (hopefully you guys get it right and lynch MoI after you see Neto's flip).

@All-
-Assuming you lynch me, see Neto flip scum, lynch MoI, and the game still doesn't end; look into possible third party roles. Muffin would be a good start; a passive bullet-proof ability would be a likely part of a survivor or other ability; and if MoI-scum actually targeted Muffin, they could be tacitly working together since MoI is likely pretty desperate. This is only a contingency suggestion.

Preview edit: Will read and respond to MoI's post.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Muffin »

Kast wrote:@Fur-
-Muffin's claimed N2 action was investigating MoI, though he says he survived Shotty's kill attempt due to hiding in a bulletproof closet. That does raise a point which seems to have been lost/dropped.
Side note: Hiding in a bulletproof closet could fit but is unnecessary with Shotty's flavor. Shotty was told there was a lump on the bed under the covers, he shot it, but before he could check if Muffin was dead, he heard a noise so left.

@Muffin-
-Someone asked this previously, but do you actually have a passive ability and/or any explanation/idea for how/why you survived the kill attempt?
Actually, going back I think I misread that particular PM. I was out and about trying to find the missing IDD that MoI stole when someone shot at my bed. Since I wasn't in the bed I wasn't killed, and then I hid in the closet in fear for the rest of the night.

I have no passive abilities that I am aware of.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Iecerint »

@ Muffin -- So the vig/kill missed you N2 because you used an active ability...?

And that means that someone DID shoot at you the night that Ythan died?

HOLD THE PHONE.

This officially does not make sense. Ythan was killed N2. Muffin has claimed someone shot him N2. So either non-scum killed Ythan (and haven't owned up to it), scum had 2 kills, or Shotty was non-scum. Right?
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Kast »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kdub wrote:Without quoting the mod's PM directly, can you be as specific as you can about how grapple beam works? Does it explicitly say it copies abilities, or just the effects of abilities? That's an important distinction. Can you ask the mod for clarification if possible?
I’ve previously asked for clarification. To post without directly quoting – any ability that affects the Grapple beam user will also affect the Grapple beam target. I specifically asked whether a Nightkill targeted at Neto would also affect Spyrex. SaintK confirmed it would put made no mention of flavor results.
Ask about it.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kast wrote:Bolded to show your lack of reading ability.
Sigh … your simplistic take on the issue deserves attention. You are claiming that the information provided regarding millar is a MOD mechanic and not a player driven result. That’s fine. Please explain the following then.

Why is millar the only Day / Night 1 flip? I’d really love to see how you justify 1 scum player killed / lynched Day / Night 1 flipping but not another.
I've addressed that the delayed reveal could be due to any of a number of effects. The bottom line is that this game is not JUST a limited reveal game, but ALSO a delayed reveal game. Your attempts to pretend it is only limited reveal are blatant denials of something the mod has proven with evidence.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kast wrote:You chose to investigate a player because you thought he was pro-town, DESPITE ADAMANTLY REPEATING in game that proving role abilities does not prove affiliation. Please link to a game in which you as town decided to try to investigate and find potential town instead of investigating to find scum.
Proven abilities does not equal proven alignment. I’ve repeatedly said this. That said I’m intelligent enough to make my own judgement’s based on reliable information (ie information my Steal ability shows that is provided by Mod).
You've contradicted yourself by claiming/implying that proven abilities would prove alignment.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:why do you consider Furc’s Ability Cop power to be more an indication of Town status than Muffin’s Alignment Cop power.
I haven't said anything of the sort. Please stop lying.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kast wrote:-Why wouldn't you stop a kill?
--Why wouldn't you try to confirm suspected vig/scum and if vig control a kill you obviously didn't trust in Shotty's hands?
--Why wouldn't you use the investigation on suspected vig/scum to guarantee lynch (instead of targetting a lurker who wouldn't be in the running for a mislynch anyway)?
Lol read what I wrote. The explanation is right there.
Don't avoid the questions. Explain how it is better to confirm someone you suspect is a townie than to stop your suspected mafia kill while confirming that player as scum.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:But your last statement is interesting. Smart Alignment Cop play isn't to scan a suspect you find already suspicious. Smart Alignment cop play is to scan a player who is difficult to read. So attempting to paint my decision to scan bv310 as not wise is again scumtastic.
If that is honestly how you feel, then we have a serious disagreement in basic theory. I strongly disagree with your assertion that a cop should ignore his top two suspects in favor of checking/clearing a lurker. If you are just pretending to believe that, then I really dislike your scum tactics; attempting to lowering the quality of game play in order to benefit your team is just lame.

Smart alignment cop play is to catch scum
. Cops should investigate who they think is most likely to be scum.

As a caveat, if the cop is absolutely convinced that the player is:
1) scum
2) going to be lynched anyway

Then it would make sense to investigate the next most likely scum. This is NOT what you did; you investigated someone you did not suspect and ignored both of your top two reads.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kast wrote:You aren't addressing any of my content. We agree that Neto demonstrates stronger and more rational play in general than Fur. That does nothing to counter my point. The fact that Neto is dead likewise does nothing. Less straw men and more addressing my actual post please.
I’ve clearly addressed the issue but you keep blantatly pretending I haven’t because your arguments don’t hold water. Neto’s play was much more Pro-Town than Furc’s. End of story. Throw around accusastions that Neto’s wasn’t being logical all you want. Everyone else can judge for themselves.
You have
asserted
that you are correct, but never once attempted to explain or address my explanation.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:I again laugh at your attempt to discredit using Wikitells. Funny. Pointing out the pure scum motivation in attacking a dead player shows why you are scum.
Please point out what you dislike about my argument and what you are attempting to dismiss as Wikitells. Also, you are smart enough to realise that showing a possible scum motivation for something is not proof that the player is scum.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kast wrote:To be clear, you are claiming that kill flavor is no different from any other flavor. Please be clear.
@Mod- Please clarify whether kill flavor is meaningless fluff or whether it actually indicates different game mechanics.
Incorrect. You are the one arguing that kill flavor is a game mechanic while other flavour is meaningless.
Are you paying any attention? Agreed, I am the one arguing that kill flavor is a game mechanic. You are the one claiming that kill flavor is meaningless.

At the same time, you are claiming that lynch scene flavor is actually indicative of the number of remaining scum. This is a ridiculous and unfounded claim.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:If that’s the case why did you bother to post all the flavor you received from RC regarding hearing noises?
It's called full claiming. I'm not blind; I can see most players are either decided or leaning in favor of lynching me regardless of how scummy you are. Shotty's lurking was very unfortunate. Neto did a good job provoking Robo and getting town to sympathize with him. You've played a fairly solid game until your botched claims. I also don't think it's necessary to humor Muffin's ego.

I'll give town all the info I have; in case it helps convince them to avoid mislynching; in case it helps after I've been mislynched.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kast wrote:Clarify. Nowhere in Page 1 does it say that destroyed is "generic kill flavor". It explicitly states that individuals who are lynched will be "Destroyed" and nothing more than that.
If you can’t understand the eminently logical leap that Destroyed is generic flavour I can’t help you. Your inability to not understand that 1+1=2 doesn’t make it wrong.
In other words, you reread the post and realized that "oh shit, it doesn't say all deaths are generically 'destroyed'". The lynch is "destroyed", but a generic mafia kill flavor is known only to mafia.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kast wrote:In case your reading comprehension is too poor to understand that, I think there is one remaining scum and MoI is it.
My reading comprehension is fine. I just wanted to to clearly commit that you think there is 1 scum of any flavor left.
You are letting your pride get in the way of playing the game properly. You did not read carefully and did not see that I already addressed your point. I'm sure you are upset (regardless of alignment) when I repeatedly ask you to answer a difficult question. It's understandable that you want to respond in kind. However, that's no excuse to start lying and making things up. If you're wrong about something admit it. Making mistakes is not inherently scummy. And besides, we've already caught you for your objectively scummy botched claim.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kast wrote:Read the post.
I did. Your argument that Neto’s vote, based on his back and forth with Robo, is more opportunistic than Shotty / your vote “cause innocents have nothing to fear” and Furc’s “Robo annoys me” is just ludicrous and scummy.
To be clear then, you admit I did already answer the question. You disagree with my answer.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kast wrote:Be more clear. I pointed out that MoI-scum is probably lying about using Fur's stolen role cop ability on his buddy Neto-scum. MoI's claim about Neto-scum's ability has a huge, objective flaw. The ability itself is likely to be a scum potential protection/potential misinformation ability. Neto likely didn't even use the ability on Day 1, much less use it to target Spyrex.
What he probably did is target Spyrex with a "generic" mafia kill.
Bolded for emphasis. Look closely what is being said. Kast is claiming a generic mafia kill flavor that is the same as the lynch flavor. But earlier he’s argued that each Mafian should have their own kill flavor. He also argued that the flavor written by the Mod is rich and that Mod would not make the mistake of duplicating flavor. Selective arguing of the facts? Scumtastic.
Reading comprehension failure. The mod never stated that "Destroyed" is generic kill flavor. The mod stated that it is the lynch flavor. MoI stated that "destroyed" is generic kill flavor. I pointed this out as a possible slip that MoI has private information that "destroyed" is actually the "generic kill flavor" for this game. The only reason MoI would know this is if MoI is scum who knows the generic scum kill flavor.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kast wrote:How do you know that the mafia kill will not appear as a player ability if investigated by a role cop? This is the crux of this objection; MoI's claim that a role cop investigation would not reveal kill abilities if targetting a mafia player.
It’s clear logical reference. I have two different abilities. My ability to steal and my secondary ability that BV310 has vouched for. Furc has claimed the ability to hide in addition to his Observe ability. Yet when I stole from him I didn’t get both. I only got the ability to Observe. Likewise I only saw one ability from both Neto and Spyrex (not that we have any confirmation that they had mutiple abilities). Do you think if I had stolen from a Mafia Roleblocker (which we almost certainly have) that I would get both abilities?
I don't know what you would get because I don't know what abilities the mafia have. I do know that Fur claimed to be a full role cop, and that you confirmed he is a full role cop. Since the point under discussion is how mafia investigate under a full role-cop, then your limitation isn't even relevant. Nice try to straw man this discussion.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:And to correct you Furc isn’t a ROLE COP. He’s an ability cop. Huge difference there Tex, but one I see you seem to be ignoring in your desperate attempt to make me look like scum.
Semantics. Role cop = ability cop. It's a cop which learns the game mechanic abilities of his target (but generally not the affiliation/name/title/etc). If you misunderstood what I was referring to or objected to use of that term, then do so from the beginning please; arguing a technicality after demonstrating you clearly understood what I was talking about is an invalid dismissal. If you feel better, pretend I stated ability cop every instance you see role cop.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Kast wrote:2. MoI has roleblocked two cops. This is undeniable fact.
-The first cop was a role-cop and he claims he used the role cop to investigate Neto in order to confirm a townie. Why attempt to investigate a townie instead of attempt to find scum?
-The second cop was an affiliation-cop; yes the investigation of Muffin would most likely confirm Muffin town (ignoring possibilities of SKs), however he claims to have used the stolen investigation on a lurker instead of using it on either of the two players he claims to suspect as scum. This makes no sense.
You keep saying that I’m role-blocking someone. That’s an outright lie. A role-blocker prevents an ability from being used. I didn’t prevent their use. I simply allowed myself to use the ability in place of them. So repeating over and over that I role-blocked someone is incorrect. Role-blocking is what you partner who seduces players does.
You block their role. You do prevent them from using their abilities. More arguing semantics to avoid the point.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:If you are objecting to my scanning of bv310 you don’t know how to play Cop then. You scan hard to read lurkers and lynch scum. Only bad players scan people they find scummy.
Again, strongly disagree. I find it incomprehensible that you claim cops should not investigate people they find scummy.
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Kast »

@Iec-
Thank you. Very good point.
-Is that sufficient to sway your vote?

@BV/KDub-
-In light of Muffin's confirmation that someone shot at him, does that change your opinion of Shotty as scum? (which I'm sure MoI will whine that it isn't confirmed that Shotty was the one who tried killing Muffin; if anyone else shares his view please say so).
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Kast »

@Fur-
Please provide the flavor information surrounding your getting role blocked on N1.
Show

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

Well, 4th possibility is that Kast and Muffin are scum together, I guess, but ye know.

@ Kast -- I think there's still a lot to discuss. I may've overlooked or misunderstood something. I need Muffin and especially MoI to evaluate that and see what they think.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Furcolow »

Kast wrote:@Fur-
Please provide the flavor information surrounding your getting role blocked on N1.
night 1 i had my ability stolen
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Furcolow »

Iecerint wrote:I am leaning toward lynching Kast on the basis that his arguments make assumptions that make less sense to me. Kdub summaries my feelings on the issue very well. Also, MoI was my strongest town read prior to Kast calling it into doubt.

I will say that this game's MoI is different from the MoI who was in Disgaea 2. THAT MoI seemed scummy to me, but was town. This one SEEMS town, but ye know... :?
That's what I'm saying. In HP mafia he was VERY helpful and posted walls of text..... and was scum... hmm

@MoI: What do you mean "who did I hide behind?" I skipped town for the night so scum couldn't kill me.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Kast »

@Fur-
-That's the mechanics of what happened. Could you paraphrase the flavor? In particular, could you include any hints or anything else that might have been included?

For example, Muffin's flavor told him he couldn't act because he was walking around looking for the stolen IDD.

-To be clear, when you say you "hid" it's similar to a standard commuter ability. MoI's post seems to assume you used a redirection ability (ie. reverse bodyguard).
Show

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Furcolow »

well the hint was that MoI is a thief and that he deserves to be lynched
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Furcolow »

If you know what it is why do you insist on using it wrong? Purposely labelling something as a fallacy when it is not is scummy. Why don’t you get over your wounded pride regarding Harry Potter Mafia. You played like crap and were forced to Treestump because you were going to be lynched. Life goes on.
Played like crap? This just proves that you run your mouth so much you can't spend time to listen. I had dramonic pinned, I had KMD/Reaper as a scumpair in some of my posts. Go read me in iso idiot.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Furcolow »

For even attacking a claimed vig without a counterclaim in this setup is scummy from my perspective anyways MoI and you'll be lynched.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Muffin »

Iecerint wrote:@ Muffin -- So the vig/kill missed you N2 because you used an active ability...?

And that means that someone DID shoot at you the night that Ythan died?

HOLD THE PHONE.

This officially does not make sense. Ythan was killed N2. Muffin has claimed someone shot him N2. So either non-scum killed Ythan (and haven't owned up to it), scum had 2 kills, or Shotty was non-scum. Right?
Nope, the vig/kill missed me due to some other player's influence.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Muffin »

But yes, someone did shoot at me night 2. I'm pretty sure I've been upfront about that the whole time.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Yeah, it just didn't sink in at the time.

So, it looks like you're voting Kast. Why on earth are you doing that given that Ythan died the same night someone shot you? Do you think he's an SK, or that an SK/vig killed Ythan? If so, how do you explain the total lack of an NK N3? I protected successfully *AND* Furco was killed?
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Muffin »

Iecerint wrote:Well, 4th possibility is that Kast and Muffin are scum together, I guess, but ye know.

@ Kast -- I think there's still a lot to discuss. I may've overlooked or misunderstood something. I need Muffin and especially MoI to evaluate that and see what they think.
I need to do a really big re-read. Give me a day or so to formulate things.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Muffin »

Iecerint wrote:Yeah, it just didn't sink in at the time.

So, it looks like you're voting Kast. Why on earth are you doing that given that Ythan died the same night someone shot you? Do you think he's an SK, or that an SK/vig killed Ythan? If so, how do you explain the total lack of an NK N3? I protected successfully *AND* Furco was killed?
a) I'm not convinced kast is a vig and not an sk
b) Furco is still alive so that last bit confuses me
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Well, I mean, you clearly knew you'd been shot at (you wouldn't forget THAT), and you think Kast is scum, so you must have a reason for it. Are you saying you don't, really, or that you hadn't noticed the discrepancy? :?

@ all -- If I'm overlooking something obvious, feel free to clue me in.

Edit:

a) Shotty claimed he ran out of kills. You think the SK is going to sit on his hands until endgame? (The point is to remind you of this detail.)
b) By "killed" I mean targeted. If there were 2 kills N3, they would've have to have both been blocked, which would've meant targeting Furco (he hid) and MoI (I protected him).

(But that "b" bit is a mistake on my part, because Shotty had run out of kills by N3, so that bit is irrelevant.)
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Muffin »

Iecerint wrote:Well, I mean, you clearly knew you'd been shot at (you wouldn't forget THAT), and you think Kast is scum, so you must have a reason for it. Are you saying you don't, really, or that you hadn't noticed the discrepancy? :?

@ all -- If I'm overlooking something obvious, feel free to clue me in.

Edit:

a) Shotty claimed he ran out of kills. You think the SK is going to sit on his hands until endgame? (The point is to remind you of this detail.)
b) By "killed" I mean targeted. If there were 2 kills N3, they would've have to have both been blocked, which would've meant targeting Furco (he hid) and MoI (I protected him).

(But that "b" bit is a mistake on my part, because Shotty had run out of kills by N3, so that bit is irrelevant.)
Alternatively scum and vig/sk both targeted MoI who you protected.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Iecerint »

While possible, the prior probability of that happening is less than 1%.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Kast »

@Iec-
Iec wrote:Why on earth are you doing that given that Ythan died the same night someone shot you?
You're missing the part where I told him he was wrong and hurt his ego. Pride is often a greater master than reason.
Show

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Kast, can you restate why you think MoI is more probable scum than Muffin under the circumstances?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”