Newbie 985 Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Kalofer »

Tvell you do realise that not only did you once again make a publically declared pressure vote but you also used it to pressure someone who is on vacation leave. And why did you suddenly drop your vote on Fake, as far as I remember you voted for him because he "wasn't really doing anything useful" now you're voting for someone merely because of lurking (and then you yourself said he was active before he left). I really want an explanation because you're just throwing sand in all our faces.

And Fake what is the basis of your suspicion of Nik and Abe? I take it as just a bit more than a random vote and right now I feel very disillusioned, everyone kept saying how Day2 is more about discerning but what you're doing seems a game of chance, how about we all just roll a dice and vote hmm? Tvell seems to be implying that by saying we shouldn't listen to "fence sitting crap" etc.

Zach, where's the reason, where's the action? You were most active in Day 1 you're officially out of V/la at least tell us if you're having problems stopping you from posting or say something already.

Nashi, please do something more than just calculating chances, I'm sure it took you some time and thanks for the info, but as before this is merely an attempt to look useful I see it as nothing more.

God am I pissed that I can only vote for one person at a time.
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Kalofer wrote:
Zach, where's the reason, where's the action? You were most active in Day 1 you're officially out of V/la at least tell us if you're having problems stopping you from posting or say something already.
The reason and action for what? I've stated my top suspicion and voted it. What seems to becoming a big part of the discussion regarding tvel is stuff I've been trying to make the town see for a while now.

At any rate, you try having no access for about a week and see how easy it is for you to completely get back into the flow of a game that's been rolling since you've been out of it.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Basically, have some patience. My activity will be going up from here and I have no further V/LA planned for the foreseeable future.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Anyway, based on Kalofer's reactions to everyone, my read of him is getting more strongly town.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Kalofer wrote:
And Fake what is the basis of your suspicion of Nik and Abe? I take it as just a bit more than a random vote and right now I feel very disillusioned, everyone kept saying how Day2 is more about discerning but what you're doing seems a game of chance, how about we all just roll a dice and vote hmm? Tvell seems to be implying that by saying we shouldn't listen to "fence sitting crap" etc.
My impression based on what I've seen from Fakegod is that he thinks there's a scum between Nikanor and Abe. Based on their overall activity, I'm not finding the stance unreasonable, and Nikanor's lurking is a bit more unforgivable under the circumstances, so I can't fault the vote.

What I'm more interested in is why Tvel picked Abe over Nikanor. He really hasn't said that much about Nikanor, but he's in a pretty similar position to Abe with his overall activity level at this point.
Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Abe27342 »

Turns out I do have internet here, so I'll just come on and point out a few things (just got done swimming on the lake :)).
I agree with fakegod actually, nikanor has been looking scummy to me for a long time (I FoS'd him a while ago, before the end of d1 and I still haven't forgot about that).
also, nashi, those odds are wrong. Odds are what I posted them at before, which is
Theory 1: 10/21
Theory 2: 1/21
Theory 3: 10/21
to emphasize my POINT though, this doesn't actually help you at all, because if you do the math, you get essentially what kalofer was saying.
there are 7 people, 2 of which are scum
Calculating odds does squat. I'm going with my gut on Nikanor.
VOTE: Nikanor

See you all tuesday night!
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Kalofer »

Zach, last time we voted for and lynched a crazy person and he turned out to be town, I wouldn't want to repeat that mistake but if everyone else is for a tvell lynch I will support it, as for now my vote remains and my FoS on you too as I don't have a strict lynch all lurkers policy.
By the way Mod, how much time does Nik have before a PM or replacement?

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Kalofer »

And seriously I want to get the math straightened out, Nashi I'm 99.99% sure that you're wrong because 5+3.5+2=10.5 and not 7.
And Abe can you pleases tell me what nCr stands for?

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Kalofer wrote:Zach, last time we voted for and lynched a crazy person and he turned out to be town, I wouldn't want to repeat that mistake but if everyone else is for a tvell lynch I will support it, as for now my vote remains and my FoS on you too as I don't have a strict lynch all lurkers policy.
By the way Mod, how much time does Nik have before a PM or replacement?
Sometimes scummy players flip town. This doesn't mean you should ignore that scummy behavior in others, particularly when they have that town flip as an excuse to get away with such behavior.
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by tvellalott »

Kalofer wrote:Tvell you do realise that not only did you once again make a publically declared pressure vote but you also used it to pressure someone who is on vacation leave. And why did you suddenly drop your vote on Fake, as far as I remember you voted for him because he "wasn't really doing anything useful" now you're voting for someone merely because of lurking (and then you yourself said he was active before he left). I really want an explanation because you're just throwing sand in all our faces.
I don't understand how you people think. This is a perfect example... Asking me to explain myself when I've explained myself every single fvcking step. It's like you see your so called scum tells and get tunnel vision. What is the problem with a pressure vote? Isn't that what this game is about? Go back and actually read my posts.
Kalofer wrote:And Fake what is the basis of your suspicion of Nik and Abe? I take it as just a bit more than a random vote and right now I feel very disillusioned, everyone kept saying how Day2 is more about discerning but what you're doing seems a game of chance, how about we all just roll a dice and vote hmm? Tvell seems to be implying that by saying we shouldn't listen to "fence sitting crap" etc.
Hmmm? I am not implying anything. I am straight out, clear as day. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS AND VOTE, which you have. I even respect Zach voting for me. He thinks I'm suspicious and votes. Blam. No doubts about how he feels. All this discussion is leading us nowhere. I'm simply encouraging people to vote. I'm am certainly not telling people to vote by chance. Don't put words in my mouth.
Kalofer wrote:God am I pissed that I can only vote for one person at a time.
What a strange comment.
Kalofer wrote:Zach, last time we voted for and lynched a crazy person and he turned out to be town, I wouldn't want to repeat that mistake but if everyone else is for a tvell lynch I will support it, as for now my vote remains and my FoS on you too as I don't have a strict lynch all lurkers policy.
Perhaps you will start to see method in my madness...
"All told, kindness is not fashionable."
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by tvellalott »

Zachrulez wrote: What I'm more interested in is why Tvel picked Abe over Nikanor. He really hasn't said that much about Nikanor, but he's in a pretty similar position to Abe with his overall activity level at this point.
This is simply not true. Nikanor was a hell of a lot more active than Abe DP1 and because of that I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for his lack of activity the last couple of pages...
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by tvellalott »

Kalofer wrote:And seriously I want to get the math straightened out, Nashi I'm 99.99% sure that you're wrong because 5+3.5+2=10.5 and not 7.
And Abe can you pleases tell me what nCr stands for?
The math is all rubbish, but to answer your question nCr stands for 'from n choose r'.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:12 am

Post by FakeGod »

tvell your sig should be stuff you said about "gun-blazing madness"
lol this made me chuckle :D

People who aren't voting anyone of yet: seriously, put a vote on someone. It's halfway through day 2, and you guys need to give your opinion.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Abe27342 »

Kalofer, tvell is correct. basically 5 nCr 2 reads 5 choose 2, which you can do in 10 ways. It's relevant because you're picking 2 for scum out of 5 people etc. The math isn't rubbish, it's pointless and a smokescreen to seeing that everyone has equal chance of being mafia.

Agreed with fakegod, vote peoples.
I'm back from vacation ^^
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by tvellalott »

FakeGod wrote:tvell your sig should be stuff you said about "gun-blazing madness"
Done. :)
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

FakeGod (1): Kalofer
Abe27342 (1): tvellalott
Nikanor (2): FakeGod, Abe27342
tvellalott (1): Zachrulez

not voting: Nikanor, NashiNashi
alive: 7 majority: 4

Nikanor was prodded yesterday or so, I'll start looking for a replacement if he doesn't post soon (I expect him to post soon or I'd already have started looking).
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by FakeGod »

I'm actually quite interested in who Nashi is going to vote at this point.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Hey, I need to take care of some other stuff tonight so I'll try to get back to you guys tomorrow with content.
Shit just got real (in real life, at least).
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
NashiNashi
NashiNashi
Townie
NashiNashi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by NashiNashi »

I am more inclined to put a vote on Nikanor due to the lurking, though I can't agree more with that non of the maths means much beside "out of 7 people there are 2 scums". But hey, I was asked a useless questions, so an useless answer is might as well.

Vote Nikanor
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Post by Kalofer »

In between Fake, Abe and Nashi, I am almost certain that there is a scum.

Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:14 am

Post by Abe27342 »

What makes you so certain kalofer?
Sorry about RL nik.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Kalofer »

I find it hard to believe that three people would be on a wagon because the person they're voting for is lurking especially considering it's day 2, I don't know how often this happens but being a newb I don't think it should happen.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:52 am

Post by FakeGod »

meh, it's fine to put pressure on people in my opinion, but feel free to disagree with the Nik Wagon.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Kalofer »

I disagree very much, considering you're the person who started it but before stated that you were not willing to lynch DP as nothing would be learned from such a lynch, Nik is at L-1 now, what could we possible learn if we lynch him? I am accusing you of hypocrisy.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Kalofer »

Town can only afford to make one more mistake at this stage I'd have expected people to be much more cautious. By the way Mod, when is the deadline?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”