Newbie 989 - Dead Serious Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Espeonage »

Rioku243 wrote:I'm not really seeing how mallow hammering is scummy. If he really believed Nobody was scum, then he had a perfectly acceptable reason. It might have been a little fast but as for it hindering conversation, there hasn't actually been any. Even though we have a lot of extra time in twilight (Is it normally this long?) and no ones said anything except that they're starting an early D2 bandwagon of Mallow that I don't really see justification for. If someone could explain that to me it'd be appreciated.
Hammering is a bit of a touchy issue. The basic consensus is prolonging the day is pro town and shortening it is anti town. Therefore premature hammers are generally considered scummy. Scum as a general rule want less discussion as the less discussion that happens the easier it is for them to get by undetected. So by the same token scum really want quicklynches to happen as it lets them get through a day unharmed. Some people are just trigger happy by nature though so it isn't a really concrete tell.
Don't @ me.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:10 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Well with Hayleen not closing the thread we've still got some time to discuss.
RandomMaster
RandomMaster
Townie
RandomMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by RandomMaster »

Haylen's V/LA.

Anyway, I want Funky's and M&C's views of the day now. Especially the latter, since Funky actually did a post that wasn't RVS.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

RM, how do you feel about the Mr.Nobody lynch? You haven't commented on it since your vote.
RandomMaster
RandomMaster
Townie
RandomMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by RandomMaster »

I feel like we got scum, but you never know for sure in this game. Just usually when I come on and I got something to say, it's already picked up by someone else, so me just repeating it would just make it redundant, such as the VT claim, so that's why I haven't commented. Rereading his defenses still holds up my opinion of him as scum. Looking back at the wagon, I would say if A) he flips scum: Go after Espeonage for the buddying with scum. Or, if somehow B) he flips town: I'm going to look at STDD and mallow. STDD, looking back seems to be holding on to his vote until steam picks up on him. Notice he put just FoS' and HoS', then Trendall and I vote Mr. N., and then he votes, stating it's for the same reasons as before. What I don't understand is how back at the FoS', when he was telling us his reasons, how that wasn't worth a vote, yet later on, it is. mallow is pretty much for the "I agree that no one should quickhammer him. So do you have something else to say?" "No" "(hammers)" Again, it depends on what he flips. I'm about 85% sure we got scum.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by ScramblesTheDeathDealer »

RandomMaster wrote:A) he flips scum: Go after Espeonage for the buddying with scum. Or, if somehow B) he flips town: I'm going to look at STDD and mallow.
STDD, looking back seems to be holding on to his vote until steam picks up on him. Notice he put just FoS' and HoS', then Trendall and I vote Mr. N., and then he votes, stating it's for the same reasons as before.
What I don't understand is how back at the FoS', when he was telling us his reasons, how that wasn't worth a vote, yet later on, it is.
Scrambles wanted Nobody to put out a defense before Scrambles voted. The Dealer of Death voted after Nobody's defence. If you don't believe Scrambles, please notice how TDD asked Nobody to defend himself before voting.
MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDERMURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

I agree that I believe we got scum but there's one thing that makes me unsure. He seemed okay with being lynched and I don't think scum would be in a game where there's only two of them. Of course there's nothing anyone could have done at this point because it was in twilight but that's the only thing that makes him look town to me...
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Post by Haylen »

Mr Nobody - Vanilla Townie was lynched Day One.

It's Now Night One. Deadline for any and all night actions is Sunday 15th August, 9pm GMT+1 time. Mafia can talk now.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Haylen »

Random Master - Vanilla Townie - was killed Night One.

It is now Day Two, with 7 alive it takes 4 vote to lynch. Deadline is Sunday 5th September, 9pm GMT+1 time.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Trendall »

For obvious reasons...

VOTE: mallowgeno
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:43 am

Hmm. I don't like mallow's play so far. However, with how quickly Trendall voted and Esp saying we could have a wagon early off in the day, I would like to request no one hammer him for awhile. If we lynch town today, we will be in LyLo (LYnch or LOse) tomorrow. I want to get as much discussion out of today as possible.
MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDERMURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Trendall »

I agree. I didn't unvote in day one because I thought everyone here would be sensible enough not to just hammer really quickly, but obviously I was wrong.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Trendall, can you please explain these "obvious reasons"? I agree with you but I want to see what you have to say on the subject before I say anything.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Trendall »

I suppose I meant 'obvious reason', not 'obvious reasons'. I just think that mallowgeno was ridiculously quick to hammer, and by doing so he cut our discussion time far shorter than it could/should have been. Detracting from discussion like that is horrendously anti-town, so I'd like to hear his explanation for that. Hence why I'm voting for him.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Yes, but do you really think that it would be the same if Mr.Nobody was scum? Mallow wouldn't be facing this judgment would he? I'm actually far more interested in the fact that RM was NK'd after he said this
RandomMaster wrote:I feel like we got scum, but you never know for sure in this game. Just usually when I come on and I got something to say, it's already picked up by someone else, so me just repeating it would just make it redundant, such as the VT claim, so that's why I haven't commented. Rereading his defenses still holds up my opinion of him as scum. Looking back at the wagon, I would say if A) he flips scum: Go after Espeonage for the buddying with scum.
Or, if somehow B) he flips town: I'm going to look at STDD and mallow.
STDD, looking back seems to be holding on to his vote until steam picks up on him. Notice he put just FoS' and HoS', then Trendall and I vote Mr. N., and then he votes, stating it's for the same reasons as before. What I don't understand is how back at the FoS', when he was telling us his reasons, how that wasn't worth a vote, yet later on, it is. mallow is pretty much for the "I agree that no one should quickhammer him. So do you have something else to say?" "No" "(hammers)" Again, it depends on what he flips. I'm about 85% sure we got scum.
Now, Scrambles was one of my stronger town reads on Day 1 but Mallow didn't really seem to post much and when he did, it wasn't very long but it definitely affects those two negatively in my eyes.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Rioku243 wrote:Now, Scrambles was one of my stronger town reads on Day 1 but Mallow didn't really seem to post much and when he did, it wasn't very long but it definitely affects those two negatively in my eyes.
Interesting. As newbscum, I always wanted to try and make a nightkill that I could easily frame someone with on the beginning of the day. This could help lead to a lynch on an easy target - i.e. Mallow, or possibly me.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Then maybe it isn't as reliable as a tell as I thought. We still don't have a lot of information to go off of so anything that can help us needs to be brought out. I don't think it's a strong enough case to vote for either of you yet, but it's something to keep in the back of your heads.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:30 pm

Rioku243 wrote:Then maybe it isn't as reliable as a tell as I thought. We still don't have a lot of information to go off of so anything that can help us needs to be brought out. I don't think it's a strong enough case to vote for either of you yet, but it's something to keep in the back of your heads.
Yet again, interesting. You seem to pull back on it once I call it a newbscum tell.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Gmae was out for a while. I need to get my head back in place here. Two new games have started since zthe start of night.
Don't @ me.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Rioku243 »

ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:
Rioku243 wrote:Then maybe it isn't as reliable as a tell as I thought. We still don't have a lot of information to go off of so anything that can help us needs to be brought out. I don't think it's a strong enough case to vote for either of you yet, but it's something to keep in the back of your heads.
Yet again, interesting. You seem to pull back on it once I call it a newbscum tell.
I'm glad you find me "interesting" and all, but I feel you are misinterpreting my posts. I brought up the issue of RM's NK because I thought it was a valid point that could be brought against either you or Mallow. Then when you told me that a lot of newbscum try and manipulate the NK to frame people, the idea lost credibility in my head. The idea is still present but it's weaker than when I originally thought it.
I knew it wasn't a strong case when I originally posted, hence me not voting. But it still has some merit and shouldn't be completely overlooked.

Now Scrambles (or anyone I guess), How do you feel the NK should be interpreted? Do you think that victims should be looked at for their suspects, or that scum will use this to set people up? I believe this is WIFOM, but I'm curious.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:24 am

So, basically Trendall, Rioku, me, and Esp are left, because M&C and Funky aren't here. They also haven't been online since their last posts. Therefore, I believe it is safe to say two of us four are scum.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:29 am

Correction - I believe atleast ONE of the four of us is scum. Esp, can roleblockers send in kills if their partner doesn't? If they can't, atleast one of us is the maf. goon.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In Newbie games the kill is the Mafia's not a specific person's.
Don't @ me.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Scrambles, are you saying you've cleared mallow?
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Rioku243 wrote:Scrambles, are you saying you've cleared mallow?
Nope.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”