Open 242 - Friends and Enemies Mafia (Over!)

smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

gandalf has done little in this game aside from the random comment or two, which usually isn't a firm stance on anything. He does claim you are town, due to your use of links, and says he basically agrees with you. He jumped on the BM bandwagon. That seems a bit scummy to me.

Also, darklight was one of the people i was/am watching. Didn't think there would be as much of a case to go on though. THe BM case did seem legit, but then moves over to someone else who voted themselves, and leaves the vote on Haylen. Either seems scummy, but I won't change my vote yet.

Also, I'll go by SSSS and we'll call him SSBF. Oh,and welcome.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Okay, RIGHT AFTER I said he was town for the links, I said, "joking aside". Misrep FTW. BM wagon was a damn good wagon at the time. Do agree with you on the Haylen vote though. Just seems stupid.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Okay, I have used the word stupid more times in the last three pages than in my entire time on mafiascum.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

/4xS: May I say that you saying gandalf has done little in the game is "slighty" hypocritical? You've posted TWO posts!
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

DarkLightA wrote:/4xS: May I say that you saying gandalf has done little in the game is "slighty" hypocritical? You've posted TWO posts!
So much this, it hurts.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Oooooh, this is gonna be fun! :D
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:What's your meta on CSL?
Not sure why you're asking DarkLightA for his meta on CSL, when CSL already provided meta himself with DarkLightA. So basically, this question has already been answered by CSL, which makes the question kind of redundant.
How do you figure that? Why would Darklight's meta on CSL be the same as CSL's meta on Darklight? Presumably the purpose of my question was to compare the former to the latter.
SSBF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Because it only helps the scum ascertain who are likely to be masons.

Unvote, Vote: DarkLightA
Since you're apparently not in RVS, could you mind explaining your vote on DarkLightA?
I believe i already have, at least once. I voted him for buddying.
SSBF wrote: Secondly, how in the world would RVS make scum certain who are likely masons? This makes no sense. Also not sure how DarkLightA relates to the brief discussion you had between him and JordanA24 regarding ending the RVS and how RVS is where scum can find likely masons (Which I said made no sense).
It's simple. Masons who wish to claim later, would be well disposed not to random-vote each other, as it would not support their claim. Also, the more random bandwagons we have, the more likely we run a mason close to a lynch, and their buddies are forced to claim. Do you really want me to delve further into scum strategy? lol

You're a vet, and are quite capable of understanding the game mechanic. So what's the deal?
SSBF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Unvote, Vote: Battle Mage

Claim: Vanilla

No time to reply now. Will be on in a few hours if i'm still alive! If not, good luck.

BM
As you weren't in any danger of a lynch, I personally felt that claiming was seriously unecessary and you put yourself in danger of being Night Killed if you're town.
I was at -1. For no reason whatsoever. How much credence you give to my claim is up to you. Your last comment makes no sense in light of the second.
SSBF wrote: Not liking this post at all. Only reason why I'm not raging about the self-vote is because you unvoted yourself.
No, please rage on. It looks like we were finally getting somewhere, but please, feel free to drag us back to Page 2. :roll:
SSBF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:No reasoning at all. Complete OMGUS.
Did you read his later posts where he explains his vote on you? To be honest, your vote on DarkLightA was pretty bad from my perspective as well. And this is hypocritical of you considering that your vote lacked reasoning as well.
WRONG WRONG WRONG. My vote lacked STATED reasoning, but did not lack reasoning. It's clear that you haven't read the game, simply skimmed, decided i'm lynchable and tried to set after me. What other explanation is there for the fact your opening analysis seems to be almost entirely criticism of me, with very little comment on anyone else. There's no sign of any objective analysis from you yet.
You are voting for me though, right?
SSBF wrote: #100 from DarkLightA: This post is really bad. The case on Haylen seems like he's wants to appear that he's not tunneling on Battle Mage instead of a genuine case.
LOL, hypocrite. I dont think we're lynching DarklightA today. Been there, done that. :P
SSBF wrote: Unlike Battle Mage's self-vote, Haylen's vote appeared a lot more random and it was more evident that it was during the RVS phase. Self-voting during RVS is not a scum tell,
so you're saying self-voting outside the RVS is a scumtell? Give it a rest! lol :D
SSBF wrote: Also, how are jokes and being relaxed a scum tell? Yes we should be serious during serious phases, but that doesn't mean jokes and being relaxed is a scum tell unless the former is excessively abused. DarkLightA is officially streching his case.
Oh good, i'm glad we got an "official" hearing on that. :lol:
SSBF wrote:
Town:
gandalf5166, molestargazer, Jahudo, (To a lesser extend), JordanA24.
Neutral:
None so far.
Scum:
DarkLightA, Battle Mage, zwetschenwasser, (To a lesser extend) Haylen
Lurkers:
smashbro_of_the_SSS, CSL

My top suspect is DarkLightA. While I thought his attack against Battle Mage was slightly pro-town, he turns a complete 180 on his play starting with his horrible case on Haylen which he fails to support. He isn't even voting someone now, instead simply FoSing zwetschenwasser without really explaining his suspicion on him. The scumminess of his recent posts exceed Battle Mage's post.

Battle Mage is also suspicious. While his play is better later on, his early play was pretty scummy, and he's a decent candidate for today. Will support his lynch if DarkLightA doesn't get through.
I'm not seeing this. The majority of your post was set out as a pre-meditated attack on me, and then at the last minute, you back out and gun for DarkLightA? Gimme some examples of my play being "better later on".

I will happily lynch you today for that bs opener.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Jahudo wrote:Good summary, though I think mole has provided about as much content as Haylen. Although if this is a content contest we should all be losing.
Good summary? Could you quickly respond as i have to each of SSBF's points, and prove to me that it's a "good summary". It scarcely contains an iota of sincerity.

And now a little update on Gandalf:

(The following posts are in chronological order)

gandalf5166 wrote:I agree about Shotty. And I don't know what to say about the misrep thing. That's honestly what I perceived. I don't know why I forgot to
unvote
earlier, though. He's explained himself well enough for me.
//Gandalf admits he was mistaken, and claims that BM has explained himself sufficiently.
gandalf5166 wrote:You know SSBF is town when he uses links. Joking aside, I agree with most of his reads
//Gandalf claims to agree with SSBF's reads, which have BM as 2nd scum suspect. But, didnt he just say he felt BM had explained himself sufficiently? Seems like the mask has slipped. ;)
SSBF's major read is allegedly that DarklightA is his number 1 scum suspect and the lynch for today. But Gandalf has yet to say anything bad about DarklightA to this point. And looking in Iso, he's been very cagey about expressing opinions in general.

So i ask again, what part of SSBF's reads DOES Gandalf agree with? Well i guess it MUST be the fact that SSBF has Gandalf ranked as "town". Nice going deduction. *pats self on back*

Confirm Vote: Gandalf

SSBF tomorrow. Then party?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Some bits and pieces on Jordan:
JordanA24 wrote:Sorry gandalf, but what's DMSIS?
why are you apologising?
JordanA24 wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:If Battle Mage is not town in this game I'll eat my hat.
Agreed tbh, though my gut also tells me DarkLight is also probably town, both look as if they're being aggressive and out there and trying to nail scum early, a hallmark of town-BM, so I'm more sure of him atm, but DarkLight also gives me good town vibes because of his actions.
good reads. but...
Jordan wrote: However, I would love for Ryan to explain this:
whats with the real-name shit? lmao
Jordan wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:my prediction for scum-trio is: Jordan, Gandalf, DarklightA. Could be 2 of those and a lurker though, given how things have panned out.
i've explained this sufficiently i think. But now it goes Gandalf, SSBF, Jordan. You're on my radar, but not getting lynched in the immediate future without further discussion.
Jordan wrote: As for Gandalf, I don't really see what's so scummy about him right now, seems to be contributing well enough so far, the accusation of following seems harsh, though his little tryst with Zwet seems a little like banter between scumbuddies, but on his own, Gandalf has not really done anything I feel deserves attention.
Nah bro, Gandalf is scum. Trust me.

I think Zwet is probably town.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:27 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Okay, just cause you're not suspicious for that particular thing doesn't mean you're not still suspicious. BTW, zwet and BM are scum together, with probably DLA or one of the lurkers as the third.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:59 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

gandalf5166 wrote:Next time someone says the word OMGUS, I am seriously going to go out and shoot someone. I HATE that word. If you make a case on anyone who's voted you in the last five pages, someone(in my experience almost always scum) throws out OMGUS, and the case is completely ignored. And in fact, I hadn't voted you simply because I knew someone would say OMGUS. That said, fuck OMGUS.
VOTE: zwet
translation: I finally have a shit reason to justify a vote that would otherwise have good reasoning if I bothered to agree with the cases before mine, but I want to pretend originality so that people don't have an excuse to call me out on bandwagoning! Yay!
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:05 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

No, I didn't supply any reason in that post because I HAD ALREADY STATED IT IN PREVIOUS POSTS. The rest of the people were bandwagonning MY case, I just hadn't voted because I knew you would cry OMGUS.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:29 am

that still makes me think that you waited for something not yet presented so you could vote without fear of bandwagoning accusations.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:30 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

THERE WAS NO BANDWAGON WHEN I ORIGINALLY MADE MY CASE
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:31 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Honestly zwet, every single fucking word that comes out of your mouth is misrep.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:06 am

Post by DarkLightA »

^^ I have to agree to that. In the "holy cow, zwet is back!" messages, I was expecting a really good player, but I've been disappointed =S
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:12 am

nothing changes the fact that your metaphorical camel-back-breaking straw is something that does not make much sense.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:16 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

No, it's just that I hadn't voted because I knew it would be called out as OMGUS, and then you called me out for it anyways, so I figured I may as well just vote.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:28 am

that's very scummy of you.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:33 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Yeah, zwet definitely doesn't live up to the hype.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:34 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Oh, and I've been called scummy for my hate of OMGUS several times before, and occasionally lynched for it. I always end up flipping town. OMGUS is actually a very useful tool for scum.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:43 am

Post by CSL »

It's gandalf vs Zwet, eh?

This is Zwet's town meta, so he's town. Where is gandalf dragging that unneeded case on him to?

vote: gandalf
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:48 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I have a question for all you meta criers. Can I please see zwet's scum meta?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@DarkLightA: You have been posting recently. I have noticed that you have put forth no effort toward actually defending yourself from my case. Why have you not defended yourself yet?

Battle Mage wrote:How do you figure that? Why would Darklight's meta on CSL be the same as CSL's meta on Darklight? Presumably the purpose of my question was to compare the former to the latter.
Because I'm assuming that CSL's meta on DarkLightA is reliable enough that DarkLightA answering the question would be a waste of time, because DarkLightA probably has the same meta as CSL in terms of playing together.
Battle Mage wrote:I believe i already have, at least once. I voted him for buddying.
I'm assuming you're referring to #36. I don't see how DarkLightA was buddying molestargazer at all. All he said was that he liked molestargazer's #35. I really don't see the buddying in here.
Battle Mage wrote:It's simple. Masons who wish to claim later, would be well disposed not to random-vote each other, as it would not support their claim. Also, the more random bandwagons we have, the more likely we run a mason close to a lynch, and their buddies are forced to claim. Do you really want me to delve further into scum strategy? lol

You're a vet, and are quite capable of understanding the game mechanic. So what's the deal?
You are referring to random bandwagons. Usually, random bandwagons are not meant for lynches as we would lose a lot of information during the time. In almost all situations, you should not claim during RVS. Eventually, we will run up to the serious stages (Like we're in now). Claiming during the RVS is ridiculous and should only be done during Lylo/Mylo or when seriously put at L-1.
Battle Mage wrote:I was at -1. For no reason whatsoever. How much credence you give to my claim is up to you. Your last comment makes no sense in light of the second.
Towns generally aren't stupid enough to lynch someone that early in the game without giving the person a chance to claim. Also, I don't how my last comment in that quote made no sense. By claiming Vanilla Townie, if you are town, you give scums one less target to worry about in the search for power roles, which scums wants to get rid of first in most circumstances.
Battle Mage wrote:No, please rage on. It looks like we were finally getting somewhere, but please, feel free to drag us back to Page 2.
*Thumbs down response.*

I'd rather not especially considering that it's too dated to do so.
Battle Mage wrote:WRONG WRONG WRONG. My vote lacked STATED reasoning, but did not lack reasoning. It's clear that you haven't read the game, simply skimmed, decided i'm lynchable and tried to set after me. What other explanation is there for the fact your opening analysis seems to be almost entirely criticism of me, with very little comment on anyone else. There's no sign of any objective analysis from you yet.
You are voting for me though, right?
I call bullshit on the entire argument.

1. If you seriously want your arguments to be more convincing, you have to state your own reasons. I don't like when people don't give decent reasons for suspecting a person.

2. Nice misrep. If I had simply skimmed the game, I would have tunneled you instead of looking at other players as well.

3. This is also entirely incorrect. This is what I also did during my first content-filled post:

- Asked smashbro_of_the_SSS a question.
- Attacked DarkLightA.
- Called zwetchenwasswer for falsely accusing gandalf5166 of vote hoping and hypocrisy.
- Gave out reads to everyone.
- Explained my suspicion on DarkLightA, you, zwetschenwasser, and Haylen.
- Asked people to step up activity.

4. No, but that doesn't mean you can't have stronger suspects (Like for example, DarkLightA is my top suspicion).
Battle Mage wrote:LOL, hypocrite. I dont think we're lynching DarklightA today. Been there, done that.
Once again you are wrong. I did not tunnel you. I also made a considerable section to attacking DarkLightA and called zwetchenwasser for hypocrisy and falsely accusing gandalf5166 of vote hopping.

And you're saying that I'm tunneling on someone I don't have a vote on? Seriously, you're really streching this case.
Battle Mage wrote:so you're saying self-voting outside the RVS is a scumtell? Give it a rest! lol
That would be a yes because people who self-vote are usually scums who gave up, especially if they self-hammer. They can use this as an oppertunity to cut off discussion and prevent connection from them and their scum partner from being made.
Battle Mage wrote:Oh good, i'm glad we got an "official" hearing on that.
Is that all you have to say? I don't even see how that was comment-worthy, let alone scummy.
Battle Mage wrote:I'm not seeing this. The majority of your post was set out as a pre-meditated attack on me, and then at the last minute, you back out and gun for DarkLightA? Gimme some examples of my play being "better later on".
The majority of my post wasn't directed at you, just that your eariler play was scummy.

Also, DarkLightA is more suspicious then you because I noticed his scum tells are stronger.

As for why you got better, you started to defend yourself, like in this case and it proves that you care about your own survival and if town, want to prove yourself as a valueable member of the game. You've also scum hunting a bit.
Battle Mage wrote:So i ask again, what part of SSBF's reads DOES Gandalf agree with? Well i guess it MUST be the fact that SSBF has Gandalf ranked as "town". Nice going deduction. *pats self on back*
I personally felt that gandalf5166's reaction to pressure has been mostly town and that his frustration is town as well (Although I don't see how accusing someone of OMGUS is a scum tell if done legitmately). His attack on zwetschenwasser also seems town to me.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:20 am

Post by CSL »

I have to V/LA again for a bit, as a friend of mine who graduated with me in high school in May died in a car accident. Return day at the latest Friday. Thanks.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:26 am

Post by molestargazer »

Jahudo wrote:*hands molestar some ice cream*
Do you have any suspects yet? Because you're still on this random vote and haven't talked about who could be scum.
No, to be quite frank, I've neglected this game. Will spend some time catching up.

But, until I do,
Unvote
. Because the RVS vote is, well, pointless.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...

Return to “Completed Open Games”